TMX Family of Companies Employee Reviews

Its pretty laid back
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2017
Stressful and sometimes time consuming, customers get in patient with the loan process. High monthly payments for customers. High turn over on keeping employees.
Pros
High turn over in staffing
Cons
Dont have time for lunch
March 31, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and for leaving a Company review on Indeed!

General Manager/Finance (Current Employee) –  Lilburn, GAMarch 29, 2017
pays well, but not worth the stress level and has no care for lower in store management. You have no live. You work from 830-730 everyday and still its not good enough. You get nothing by the end of the of you his your goals other than a 25.00 gift card. Higher management comes in offices tear you down, your hard work is not good enough.
Pros
pays good if your in a store that profits
Cons
no life as a general manager, high turn over, higher managerment does not care
March 30, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to creating a positive working environment for our team members and are disheartened and disappointed to hear you are having a negative experience with us. The TMX Finance Family of Companies takes compliance with policies, procedures, Company values, and federal, state, and local laws and regulations very seriously, and we uphold each team member to those standards, taking remedial measures as needed. We also have an employee hotline which employees can use to report workplace concerns with the goal of providing a positive environment for both our team members and our customers.

We value the feedback you have provided and will consider your specific concerns as we continue to find ways to improve our team member and customer experiences.

Not Worth the Money
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOMarch 27, 2017
If you are not in management then the job is not bad. The schedule could be a little much. For GM it is a 48 hour work week which feels like 60 because of how they split the week. People often quit due to inconsistency with management, expectations, as well as schedule. I would not suggest this job for someone who is a single parent as they do not work with you on scheduling. This company is big on satisfying the customer however do not put enough emphasis on the employees.
Pros
Nice Pay
Cons
Poor work life balance
March 28, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and review. We take all reviews into consideration and will be sure to review this information with our management team. We know there is always room for improvement and we are striving to be the best!

Low starting pay and treat people like slaves
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 26, 2017
One of the worst places I ever worked. Has a very high turnover rate because of poor treatment of employees. I personally witnessed work assignments that were dangerous like directing employees (even females) to go out after dark and knock on customers doors in Memphis TN to collect delinquent accounts. Reported this to corporate employee hot line several times but policy continued. It is a wonder they can keep anyone. Store general managers make tremendous money and district managers and up make a killing but revenue is not shared enough with lower lever employees so the starting pay is usually 25k while store GMs often make over 100k and district mangers over 150k. If you like being treated like dirt and treating other people like dirt but want to move up quickly to a six figure income this is the place for you.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
Too many to list, see my review
March 28, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are committed to creating a positive working environment for our team members and are disheartened to hear you had a negative experience with us. We take compliance with policies, procedures, Company values, and federal, state, and local laws and regulations very seriously. In 2015 the Company ceased certain collection activities including visits to customers' homes and places of work, and updated policies and procedures accordingly. We value your feedback as we continue to find ways to improve our team member and customer experiences.

Awesome Opportunity
General Manger (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAMarch 24, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at TMX Finance. There is a huge area of opportunity to come in, set yourself apart from others and be rewarded for doing so!
March 27, 2017

We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you so much for leaving a Company review on Indeed.

Met very great people
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale TexasMarch 21, 2017
Great place to work for. Very promotion friented. Great training and very structered and disciuplined. Ver loyal customers that pay on time. Helping customer's obtain fundsw when they don't qualify tor tradtional lending practices and we are able to help.
Pros
Great leaderrship
Cons
Work life balance
March 22, 2017

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with us! Thank you so much for leaving a Company review on Indeed. We are thrilled to hear about your positive experience, and it is important for us to know what we are doing right in order for us to continue to improve!

Tmx
Executive (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 16, 2017
Great compensation, horrible management and executive management. Easily one of the worse companies in America to work for. High turnover, and very low integrity.
March 21, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to creating a positive working environment for our team members and are disheartened and disappointed to hear you had a negative experience with us. The TMX Finance Family of Companies takes compliance with policies, procedures, Company values, and federal, state, and local laws and regulations very seriously, and we uphold each team member to those standards, taking remedial measures as needed. We also have an employee hotline which employees can use to report workplace concerns with the goal of providing a positive environment for both our team members and our customers.

Opportunity to advance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2017
I started off as a CSR and worked up to Store Manger. Hardest part of the job sometimes having to pick up vehicles. I learned how to manage a store and handle customer service issues
Pros
Sunday's off
Cons
No raises unless you move up in the company
March 20, 2017

Thank you for your review! It is important that we know both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continue to improve. Also, congratulations on your promotion to Store Manager! We appreciate your hard work, which is why the Company is dedicated to creating a positive working environment for our team members. We also continuously monitor and review adherence to our policies and procedures, including recovery activities which are handled by third party vendors.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you continue to grow in your career with us!

No work life balance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 15, 2017
This company promises many things but deliveries very little of those things. There is room for advancement but at the sacrifice of your family and your sanity. The pay is ok but the hours are very long. With you working open to close almost every day of the week. They tell you about bonuses and say that the goal is there if you work for it, but they set the expectations so high that you will probably never be able to attain them. I have been with this company for 2 1/2 years and I have seen so many people promoted right out of a job.
March 16, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and review. We are disappointed and disheartened to hear you are having a negative experience with us. We take all reviews into consideration and will be sure to review this information with our management team, as we know there is always room for improvement and we are striving to be the best!

Lots of phone calls and marketing
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2017
The employees are nice people to work with. The bad part is when it is very cold outside they still expect you to go out and put fliers door to door.
You never know if you are doing a good or bad job until you see your review. The worst part is no one goes over the review with you and offer traning so you can improve.
Pros
Off on all Holidays and Sundays
Cons
Many hours alone. Hard to be promoted.
March 16, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to creating a positive working environment for our team members and are disheartened and disappointed to hear you had a negative training experience. We offer all employees extensive training opportunities and resources, as well as an employee hotline where employees can direct any concerns, comments, or feedback on their experience with us

disorganized
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2017
The company is very disorganized. They change policy and procedures very frequently to the point where you are unsure of the requirements. There is no consistency between locations.
March 10, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We take compliance with policies, procedures, Company values, and federal, state, and local laws and regulations very seriously, and uphold each team member to those standards, taking remedial measures as needed. We also have an employee hotline which employees can use to report workplace concerns with the goal of providing a positive environment for both our team members and our customers.

Employee issues / Employer Issues
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Pelzer, SCMarch 6, 2017
Loan & Collect is the main goal to drive profit and sustainability in business.
The difference in between Corporate and field and the lack of communication is what will ultimately turn me away from this company. I love what we do but the constant turnover is rough since this is a relationship type of business.... employees as well as customers and grass roots marketing...
Pros
401K ( 50% ) up to 6 %, Closed every Sunday. Max 48 Hrs per week as GM
Cons
Large part of your salary is a guaranteed bonus ( heavily taxeed )
March 7, 2017

Great opportunity to grow!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2017
Titlemax is a great company to grow with. Starting salary is a lot higher than most other entry level positions in the market. I got to work with different cultured people and learn how to use marketing to our advantage.
March 7, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, we are thrilled to hear about your positive experience at the Company!

producticve
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Balch Springs, TXMarch 4, 2017
easygoing environment strict management mileage on persona vehicle not compensated fully
in charge of making calls daily
Pros
sundays off
Cons
use personal vehicle to run errands
March 6, 2017

Thanks so much for leaving a Company review on Indeed. We know there is always room for improvement and we are striving to be the best!

Overall desent company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  York, SCMarch 1, 2017
Company was great when I first started when they went by their core values but the company changed upper management several times and things begin to change.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
not meeting your profit numbers
March 3, 2017

Uncertain Direction
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, ILFebruary 27, 2017
This is a company that promises much but delivers little. Great pay offers for GM's no so much for other positions. Products offered are guaranteed to leave most customers in a far worse position than they first started.
March 3, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and review. We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us; they will be shared with our management team. We are always looking for ways to improve!

Not hard job but management make it hard
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILFebruary 26, 2017
The job was very simple, the expectations were unrealistic. There was no strategy or resources to accomplish tasks that were asked to be completed. There were many illiegal tasks that were asked of the employees.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Bad mgmt
February 27, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to creating a positive working environment for our team members and are disheartened to hear you had a negative experience with us. We take compliance with policies, procedures, Company values, and federal, state, and local laws and regulations very seriously, and uphold each team member to those standards, taking remedial measures as needed. We also have an employee hotline which employees can use to report workplace concerns with the goal of providing a positive environment for both our team members and our customers.

No quality of life and poor upper management
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta North, GAFebruary 23, 2017
I worked here for over 6 years and was a DM for many of those years and I was apauled at the unethical things I was asked to do in that role. Firing people simply because they were not liked by upper management etc. It was also disheartening to work for so many unqualified leaders and i often wondered how they were promoted into there roles based on there results from the areas they managed. I have never seen such a huge disconnect from corporate to the field in my entire career. HR is a joke and offer no support whatsoever.
Pros
Money or used to be
Cons
Poor leadership, no work-life balance and no ethics
February 24, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. At the TMX Finance Family of Companies, we are committed to creating a positive working environment for our employees and are disappointed (and disheartened) to hear that you had a negative experience. We take compliance with our policies and procedures very seriously, which (along with an employee hotline for reporting concerns) are designed to promote a positive customer and employee experience. We continuously monitor and review adherence to these policies and processes and take remedial measures as needed.

We value all feedback and will consider your specific concerns as we continue to find ways to improve both the employee and customer experience through our policies, processes, and interactions. Thank you!

Titlemax store manager
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 20, 2017
No work Life Balance. Ridiculous Hours. Management changes policies and procedures daily. No communication about said changes until something happens. Expectations are higher than area can return. Small towns stores are expected to have same production levels as major cities.
Pros
Monthly Profit Bonus.
Cons
Monthly Profit Bonus only if your numbers are in line.
February 23, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and review. We are disheartened and disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience. We take all reviews into consideration and will be sure to review this information with our management team. We know there is always room for improvement and we are striving to be the best!

agile enviroment
Lead Developer (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 20, 2017
TMX is willing adapt new technologies. Fast pace company. it is a privately owned company, therefore, it can change its directions pretty fast. need to set your priorities often.
February 21, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a Company review!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TMX Family of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9