TMX Family of Companies Employee Reviews

Unethical Business Practices
Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 8, 2017
This is a private company that will make a buck/save a buck at all costs. Employees and customers are treated like a number not like humans. Unrealistic loans that most people don't understand until their last asset is repossessed. TMX spends more time and effort on skirting than law than providing an honest helpful service.

Do not believe the recruiting tactics and move on far passed any opportunities they may offer.
Pros
Cons
Leadership, Hr
Slave job for robots with no indivdle thougts
New Store Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 7, 2017
They say Flexible hours but actually they have a set schedule for managers which is fixed in stone weather it makes sense for that location or not. They treat managers and pay them like 3rd class people they have no respect their staff. This is a cookie cutter organization with no room for some one to show individual thought.
Pros
the paycheck are on time
Cons
no repect for employees
October 9, 2017

We're so sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us as our goal is to provide a positive, engaging work environment for our team members.

We're not sure what position you are referring to by "New Store Coordinator" as this is not one of the positions in our stores, but our store hours are geared toward helping our customers when they need it most, since helping people is our business.

Regarding each employee's experience, we encourage all our team members to report any workplace concerns to us via the Employee Hotline. We are all about building relationships with our customers and our team members, and developing a family-like atmosphere.

We appreciate your feedback, and wish you success in any future endeavors.

poor company to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAOctober 5, 2017
this is the worst company to work for they are a rip off to their employees and their customers I would not recommend anyone working here they also have you drive to customers houses if they do not pay
October 6, 2017

We're so sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us, since our goal is to provide a positive, engaging work environment for our team members.

Regarding collections, in 2015, we stopped certain collection activities Company-wide, including visits to customers' homes and places of work, and we updated our policies and procedures accordingly.

Thank you for your review. We wish you all the best in any future endeavors.

Good salary, work culture a 3 rating
District Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 4, 2017
N/A - Wok culture is stressful with long days at work. Work days revolves around collections 70% and 30 % in sales. The jobs are well compensated but there is not work balance.
October 5, 2017

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear you are currently having a negative experience with us.

As you know, our store hours are geared toward helping our customers when they need it the most, since helping people is our business. We do understand that our competitive culture may not be for everyone - and that's okay! However we encourage all our team members to report any workplace concerns to us via the Employee Hotline.

Thank you again for your honest feedback. We will keep it in mind as we continue to look for ways to improve our team member experience. We wish you all the best in your career with us!

Fast paced competitive within the company for fun.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 2, 2017
Most of the employees have a lot of fun. We are competitive with each other which is great. The dms know how to keep us on our toes. Sometimes it seems that they don't care if you're not working well with an individual they expect you to just be ok with it instead of trying to place you in a better environment
Pros
Hour lunch, good pay, most of the people are great to work with
Cons
Heathcare is a bit high, they hire managment externally instead of training the people they already have for the possition
October 3, 2017

Thank you for your review, it seems that overall you are enjoying your experience with us and our competitive culture!

Regarding training, it is our goal to help team members thrive and we are deeply invested in each team member’s growth and development so they can, in turn, make a positive difference in our customers' lives and local communities. We even have a Workforce and Succession Planning Team dedicated to developing our team members and helping them advance their careers. However, we are always looking for ways to improve our training and development efforts, and are striving to implement new training initiatives to continue promoting the growth and development of our team members.

Thank you again for your feedback. We wish you continued success!

Great environment for working
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALOctober 1, 2017
Job as a general manager to maintain ALL functions of the office on a daily basic. From opening store to daily reports to upper management. Store total accounts over 900 plus
October 2, 2017

It sounds like you enjoyed your experience with us! We're so glad to hear that and wish you the best in any future endeavors! Thank you for leaving us a review.

Has employees always worried about losing their job.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 30, 2017
This company always has their employees worried about losing their jobs. Higher management is a joke. No matter your loyalty and hard work the company will not recognize and appreciate their best employees and does thing that don't make sense.
Pros
Cons
where do i start
October 2, 2017

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience with us as our goal is to provide a positive, engaging work environment for our team members.

We are all about building relationships with our customers and our team members, and developing a family-like atmosphere. Our goal is to provide a positive work environment for our team members where everyone feels empowered to voice their thoughts and to move their career forward.

We wish you the best and appreciate your feedback. We will keep your specific concerns in mind as we continue to look for ways to improve our team member experience.

No work life balance, terrible pay for all they ask us to do
ASSISTANT BRANCH OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 27, 2017
Company culture is distasteful. No work-life balance. With all the benefits they take out there is nothing left to survive on for the remainder of the pay period. Managers are over worked and underpaid. Having to go out to an unsecured lot to clean out repos is insane especially when it's freezing cold and scorching hot. Management needs to find another way to get this doe.
Pros
Lunches, paid-time off. Love my customers and coworkers
Cons
Pay, hours, cleaning out messy repo cars.
September 28, 2017

Thank you for your review. We're so sorry to hear that you are having a negative experience with us, especially since we aim to provide a positive, engaging work environment for our team members.

We take pride in helping our team members thrive and are deeply invested in their growth and development so that they can, in turn, make a positive difference in our customers’ lives and their local communities. We push our team members to achieve more and do more because that is what our customers demand, which is why we incentivize hard work.

Regarding your benefits, should you have any questions you can always reach out to Human Resources or call the Employee Hotline.

Thank you for your feedback. We will keep your specific concerns in mind as we continue to look for ways to improve our team member experience.

Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOSeptember 26, 2017
I enjoyed the people I worked with

Typical work day is calling customers to come pay their loan

Hardest part of the job is to grow the total accounts in your store
Pros
nice customers
Cons
pay
September 27, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review on Indeed. We wish you the best in future opportunities!

Poor Leadership!
District Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 25, 2017
Very high turnover, I've had the opportunity to work for many companies at an executive level and sadly this company has the worst regional and up leadership that Ive ever seen. Poor communication, poor ability to roll out new programs, poor office conditions and no care for its employees. If you leave, be prepared to lose any bonus that you have earned. You will have terminate people regardless how they perform. Some DM's will change employees time cards so they dont get overtime. It's CRAZY!
September 27, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We’re sorry to hear you had a negative experience during your time with us, as our goal is to provide a positive, engaging work environment for all our team members and to improving communication Company-wide. In fact, we are currently working on initiatives to streamline and delivery more accurate and timely messages in response to the feedback we’ve received through reviews.

Regarding office conditions, the Company complies with all safety and health standards, regulations, and orders issued under state, federal, and local statutes and regulations. Our primary concern is team member and customer safety and we make sure each team member is provided with a safe and healthy place to work.

As for timecards, we do not condone or encourage any fraudulent activity, and take Company policies, procedures, and values very seriously. We encourage all team members to reach out using our employee hotline to report any workplace concerns, and we encourage you to reach out to our Legal Department by calling (800) 804-5368 if you have further information regarding your experience.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we wish you the best in any future endeavors.

Poor Company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunset Hills, MOSeptember 24, 2017
I would not work for TMX finance if you paid me. Bonus structures were a joke for what you were required to work. Company is all about the dollar sign and not about its employees
September 25, 2017

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience with us since our goal is to provide a positive, engaging work environment for our team members.

We understand that our competitive culture may not be for everyone - and that's okay! You are correct, we expect a good deal from our employees and push our team members to achieve more and do more, because that is what our customers demand. We care about our team members, customers, and communities. Helping people is our business in every way possible – whether that means helping our customers meet their financial needs, helping our team members meet their career goals, or helping out in the communities we serve.

We appreciate you giving us your feedback. We wish you all the best in your next opportunity.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOSeptember 24, 2017
This is a horrible company to work for the constant changes the management the hours the overall structure of the company is ridiculous. They expect you to bend over backwards and constantly add more work to your already stressful workload. If you switch to a new store they hold you liable for the store doing poorly before you arrive so if you don't get everything in order in a certain amount of time for them then that's your job. I left title max because my store manager thought it was OK to put his hands on me granted he was fired but that wasn't good enough for me.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Long hours, constantly changing management and procedures
September 25, 2017

We are so sorry to hear of your negative experience with us, especially considering our goal is to provide a positive, engaging work environment for our team members.

We understand that our competitive culture may not be for everyone - and that's okay! We push our team members to achieve more and do more because that is what our customers demand of us. For example, our store hours are geared toward helping our customers when they need it the most, since helping people is our business. And because we expect a good deal from our employees, we incentivize hard work.

Thank you for your feedback and review. We wish you all the best in any future endeavors, and we will keep your specific concerns in mind as we continue to look for ways to improve our team member experience.

Great place
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  TitlemaxSeptember 22, 2017
It's easy to progress in this company. Every 3 months you can be promoted so U can have your own store in a year if you handle all positions appropriately
September 25, 2017

It sounds like you're enjoying your experience with us! We're so glad, and we wish you the best in your career with us! Thank you for leaving your review.

Its a good company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85743September 20, 2017
Morning do your collection calls than call previous customers for loans also get all the filing done and check on profits and also on the loss. Make sure all titles and lien and take care of check on the repo vehicles and the sales on that. Bank deposit must be done and post office drop off. Greet all customers once they walk in must dress business casual.
Pros
Saturdays short hours and Sunday off
Cons
long hours during the week and needs to meet sales and profits
September 22, 2017

Thank you for your review - it sounds like you are enjoying your time with us. We wish you all the best in your career with us!

Nice indoor office job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNSeptember 19, 2017
Titles is a job where you handle a lot of money all to e and deny loans speak with customers in person and over the phone as well as perform calls to collect on debts
September 22, 2017

It sounds like you are enjoying your experience with us! Thank you for leaving a review, and we wish you the best in your career with us!

is to continue to fire the General Manager every 90 days
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GASeptember 16, 2017
depending on the volume or size of the branch a typical day can be fast pace and stressful, especially with the staffing model being changed from the store total accounts to the number of customers a office might have. The daily expectations alone with any request that upper management might request at anytime. The expectations on a high volume office and a smaller office it is very hard to complete with
the staffing situation. General Manager's have to work up to 12 hours a day to get all tasks completed in a high volume office.
Pros
customer relationship, helping taking the stress off customers when they have a financial need
Cons
must be able to to muti-task the hold work day, It is had for a General Manager to take a full hour lunch break
September 18, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and review. We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us.

As you mentioned, we build close relationships with our customers so they feel comfortable coming to us for help. That is what we are here to do – helping people is our business. Therefore we push our team members to achieve more and do more, and incentivize hard work, because that is what our customers demand. Our store hours are also geared toward helping our customers when they need it the most.

We will keep your specific concerns in mind as we look for ways to improve our team member and customer experiences. We wish you all the best in your next opportunity!

Worst Job I Ever Had
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 15, 2017
Do not accept any position with this company their technology is not efficient,extremely outdated and your co-workers will all have psychological issues if they have any seniority the money is not worth it.
Pros
Cons
A lawsuit waiting to happen
September 18, 2017

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear you are having a negative experience with us, especially because ensuring a positive and engaging work environment is one of our main goals as an organization.

We are all about building relationships with not only our customers, but also our team members, and to developing a family-like atmosphere. We care about our team members, customers, and communities. Helping people is our business, whether that means helping people with their financial needs, helping our team members meet their career goals, or helping out in the communities we serve.

We will keep your specific concerns in mind as we continue to look for ways to improve our team member experience. We wish you the best.

Great establishment to work at
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingsland, GASeptember 14, 2017
Great place to work at, management cares about there employees. 40 hours week at the Kingsland location. Great work environment everybody gets along.
Pros
Pto
September 15, 2017

Thanks so much for leaving a review, it sounds like you are enjoying your experience with us! We wish you all the best in your career with the TMX Finance Family!

Productive And Fun Place To Work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SC 29115September 13, 2017
Workplace can be stressful trying to meet or exceed your goals. Coworkers were great to work with and everyone looked out for the other. We were truly a little family.
Pros
Great Bonus Structure For Managers
Cons
Long Hours
September 14, 2017

Thanks so much for your review. It sounds like you enjoyed your time with us! It is important to know both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continue to improve, so we truly appreciate your honest feedback. We wish you all the best!

Productive and competitive
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 12, 2017
Many hours are required to man the retail finance location. This leads to an unbalanced lifestyle. Performance reviews monthly and a lot of regulations and policy that continuously change.
Pros
Small staff
September 13, 2017

Thank you for leaving us a review. We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience with us, since our goal is to provide a positive, engaging work environment for our team members.

Our store operating hours are from 9 AM to 7 PM on weekdays, and 10 AM to 2 PM on Saturdays. Our store hours are geared toward helping our customers when they need it most, since helping people is our business. So it is true that we ask our team members to be available during those hours to meet our customers' needs.

We do take compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations, as well as Company values, policies, and procedures, very seriously. Since we are committed to helping our communities throughout 17 states by providing access to credit for consumers who are unable to, or choose not to, use traditional lenders, we continuously monitor and review adherence to these policies and processes.

Thank you again for your feedback. We wish you all the best in your future career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TMX Family of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9