TMX Finance Employee Reviews

rewards
General Manager (Former Employee), Batesburg-Leesville, SCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: work life not balanced
Hard work would reap rewards. Unpredictable foot traffic would make job more challenging. The best part of the job was working with wonderful co-workers. Managers who were extremely helpful day in and day out. Building resilience was a large building block when becoming a manager for tmx.
stay away
General Manager (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 14, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: work life balance
This by far is the worst organization i have ever worked for. Very high turnover in management. Goals are constantly being changed based on knee jerk reactions. It is a results based company
ON THE ROAD
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 13, 2015
AUDITED STORES TO MAKE SURE THEY WERE IN COMPLIANCE WITH STATE AND COMPANY REGULATION AS WELL AS HIRED AND TERMINATED EMPLOYEES AS NECESSARY. COMPANY HAS HIGH TURN OVER RATIO
No place to retire from/Performance driven
General Manager (Former Employee), Macon, GAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Great salary, customers
Cons: Stressful, long hours, upper management
TitleMax is a great place to earn a lot of money in a short period of time. The goals are very aggressive and you will work your butt off to hit them. It is very performance driven, if you hit your goals you're safe, if you don't you're not, just that simple. I enjoyed working with the customers but didn't enjoy the constant pressure being applied by upper-level management. Once you get your own office, you're kind of on your own, unless you know another GM in your area who can give you some help when needed. The DM's are not much help to you, except when they are pressuring you to hit your goals. My suggestion; make your money but save it and always keep your resume updated. Did teach me a lot about sales and overcoming objections.
Flexible work environment
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 6, 2015
Excellent company. The management style is non-micromanaging. I learned auditing and analyst skills. The most enjoyable part of the job is writing responses to state exams.
decent
Assistant Manager, (Current Employee), Tifton, GAJuly 5, 2015
job is very time absorbing, security is due to security of numbers. if your number are in line you are secure. this job is not built for famil like yo work most of the day , 80% of it.
My Review Of TMX Finance
Store Manager (Current Employee), Sunset, UTJuly 3, 2015
The people at TMX Finance are a very friendly and amicable group. There is a sense of purpose and camaraderie. Goals are set and not only met, but exceeded. If there is a problem, which most times there isn't, it is dealt with in a timely, and extremely professional manner that exemplifies the highest practices of customer service in the industry and workplace. Overall, TMX Finance is a reputable company to be employed with, and people there will find the environment to be most conducive to building rapport and improving personal skills.
To many Changes
Sales/Chat Agent (Former Employee), DallasJune 22, 2015
Pros: Pay was great
Cons: To many mgr changes and bonus structure changes
Bonus structure changed every month for almost two years, company laid off 34 people without just cause. Four different managers for call center in less than two month
No work life balance-Poor Leadership
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2015
You work 12 hour days for 6 days-The pay is below average-Poor Leadership-Hardworking coworkers-The product does not help the customers-No work life balance
TMX
General Manager (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJune 15, 2015
You will have busy days, there is daily marketing, pawning, outbound collections. You have to be dedicated to this job and ready to commit. It is not recommended for single parents.
Good pay with low job security
Lead Integration Developer (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXJune 15, 2015
Pros: good pay, fast paced environment, good employees
Cons: high turn over rate
TMX Finance is a fast paced work environment that believes in paying their employees well.

Unfortunately, they suffer from high turn over. During my time at TMX Finance, the executive staff was replaced twice. In a year and half of employment, I worked for eight different managers.

I wish them the best of luck because there are some great people there.
Fast pace and quickly changing environment
General Manager (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 2, 2015
Pros: Great earning potential, little competitoin in our region, uncapped earning
Cons: Work life balance for management, rapid turn over
Company quickly expanding throughout US, new location openings monthly. Extensive 8 week corporate training program, was actually the best part of the culture for TMX. Typical micro managed from upper management, however this is to be expected in a metrics driven atmosphere as you are literally loaning over $1M annually.

As a General Manager hours expected to work is mandatory 45-50. Reality is 65+ hours weekly. As in many other retail based industries, the GM wears many hats.

The most difficult is expecting your CSR and SM t perform Field Visits, which is essentially door to door collections. Can be quite risky with young and unexperienced team members.

This is sub prime lending, therefor collections calls are a primary focus multiple times daily, team frequently "burns out" from this process.

Great earning potential, little competition in our region, uncapped earnings.
Productive and friendly environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, TNJune 1, 2015
Make collection calls, assist customers with questions, take payments, write new loans. Occasionally would set up new computers and the peripherals.
All the negative reviews are true
general manager (Former Employee), Northern VirginiaMay 28, 2015
Pros: Sundays off
Cons: the business model is not sustainable
you will only be okay in this company if you're in one of the absolute top producing stores, that is until the loan default start pouring in. Then you are done for. Do not walk run for the nearest exit and do not even think about working for this company. They are good at selling you the dream during the interview process, after a few months the realization that this is not going to work setting hard and fast.
Productive and demanding workplace
General Manager (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: Six paid holidays
Cons: Mostly about collections
Your day begins with collections and account review, then you update and review daily and weekly goals with the staff. The mid day grind is a mix off collections and marketing coupled with getting new loans in the door. The end of day brings more collections and wrap up of the days events.
Lies and more lies.. no work to home balance, poor management, their desperate.
Store Manager (Former Employee), AlabamaMay 22, 2015
Pros: If money's the most important thing in the world for you here's your job.
Cons: dangerous field visits, wear and tear on your car, rigged scheduling, 10 and 11 hour work days, 45 plus hours and rigged to never give overtime!
Stay as far away as possible!!! This company lies, and does whatever it takes to collect. They has you to pass out 750 fliers per person per week and they only pay like 3 cents a mile..
Horrible Company
Store Manager (Former Employee), MissouriMay 17, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
They care nothing about their employees. You put tons of miles on your personal car and do ridiculous amounts of flyering everyday regardless of the weather. All they care about is themselves and the money. Would not recommend.
Poor Job Culture
Store Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 12, 2015
This is was one of the worst jobs I have ever had!!!! The upper management is not very knowledgeable about the job. The hardest part of the job was doing field visits which is not very safe and secure.
Emergency Lender
General Branch Manager (Former Employee), Cornelia, GAMay 8, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: In a mid level company, my employee ID was well into the five digits, so in short they have a high turnover rate, just for the reasons I mention in my statement.
You are promised advancement based on performance. I went above and beyond my duties, but was rewarded with ever changing District Managers and Regional Mangers who didn't fulfill the prior Managers promises. I made my store the best in the district for three months running, and that wasn't enough They put my life in danger when the Governor declared a State of Emergency, and mandated everyone but healthcare workers, and emergency personnel, and non essential people to stay off the roads. I wrecked two cars because they made me stay past the time it was safe to be on the roads. Then the very next day required me to come in or make someone else come in to open the store, in direct violation of the law, and putting my life and my employees lives in danger.
overall a good company. Has a few areas in operations that need to be approved upon
General Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMay 7, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: long hours, concience
TMX finance has been a good employer and I learned alot form there training processes. The job isnt for everybody but I have enjoyed my time with them.