TMX Finance

TMX Finance United States Employee Reviews

fun
General Manager (Former Employee), richmond vaMay 2, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule great boss
Cons: 6day rotating work week
I learned a lot about cars and their value. I enjoy my co workers, it is a great place to work. There is always something to do. There is never a boring day.
General Manager (Current Employee), Manassas, VAApril 30, 2015
Love working with car and interacting with people. I learn of VA regulations as far as title lending industries. Collection is the hardes part of job.
Playing field for uneducated "wanna-be's"
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Newport News, VAApril 23, 2015
Don't waste your time.. trust me! You have to use your own car and clean out other peoples dirty cars with cheap gloves and a dollar store trash bags.
Extremely challenging
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Morrow, GAApril 23, 2015
Providing leadership and guidance to all store employees. Encourage total account growth and increase store profitability.
NOT FUN
General Manager (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAApril 19, 2015
Not a good place to work. Learned how to manipulate and lie to hard working people. I have nothing else to say about any of this.
Over Worked
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Maumee, ohioApril 13, 2015
Pros: Pays well
Cons: Required to work 10-20 hours over required time.. For managment no overtime.
I enjoyed working in the financial industry but found this particular company stressful. Upper management expects you to work well beyond your required hours with limited staff support. I found myself doing many other job title tasks consistently. Company policies changed often and many were terminated because some were following previous policies.

Earned bonuses was not given during the companies Fall loan suspension.

TMX has a very HIGH TURNOVER. If you decided to work here, please be aware to always have another opportunity waiting.
store level employees great, above that...not
customer service (Former Employee), Joplin Mo.April 12, 2015
Pros: not much
Cons: spineless upper management
I was employed by this company for 14 months, I was told I was doing a great job but was also told that there were too many employees in our office and someone "had to go" and 2 months later I was fired!! They told me I was let go due to "poor performance" even though I was told by my supervisor that I was doing a great job. Corporate downsizing was the reason,but the chicken S**t upper management was too cowardly to say that. So they keep the fat bonus and I'm unemployed. TITLE MAX could care less about store level employees....and that's the bottom line!
Not Enough Training
Customer Service Rep / Collector (Current Employee), Lancaster, OHApril 5, 2015
Very Low rating as this company gives little or no training. Management doesn't seem to care about the employees at all, only the bottom line.
Great compensation. No work/life balance
General Manager (Former Employee), unknownApril 3, 2015
Pros: Good Compensation
Cons: Work/Life Balance non existent
Titlemax terminated my employment due to my mothers passing and the time I took to be with her on her death bed. Even before her illness they rarely allowed me to even have one day off.In the beginning management seemed understanding but that soon changed. Really disappointed in them as a company. Compensation was pretty good though coming in the door.
You get out of it what you put into it
Store Manager (Former Employee), Fenton, MOMarch 30, 2015
Pros: great pay opportunity, developing lasting relationships w/ customers
Cons: Can be long hours, was no insurance provided at the time I was employed
TMX is a growing company that offers great rewards at taking great risk. I co-ran a location in Fenton, MO for 4 years, had great leadership that allowed us to run the location with the vision of putting the customer first, knowing that profit would follow. Our numbers proved our beliefs, we made a lot of income and developed relationships with our customers. I am thankful to my district and regional manager for their patients in allowing our methods to grow a customer base over those 4 years, I learned a lot. We ran our location quite different than other locations. We understood that everyone walking through the door had a problem and we did everything we could to be a solution to the problem, not make it a bigger one by the time they walked out of the office. We treated every person with respect, and showed them how they could, within their own means, shorten the term of the loan and not have to pay back all the interest. Now did everyone implement those plans? of course not, but when anyone complained about the interest we were able to sit them down and show them what we went over at the beginning and explain to them the benefits of implementing the plan. I can't tell you how many times I heard the exact phrase "Yea you are right, you did show me that, I need to start doing that." all of the angst toward us, my employees or the company itself was vanquished and the responsibility was placed in their hands. Over that four years I developed a great relationship with our customers, and to this day still see some of them out in public. Many explain how the location – more... has changed dramatically, and they refuse to do business there anymore after my general manager and myself were let go. I think if TMX would take more of a stance on how they treat their customers they would grow even more. The owners are very intelligent however in mass producing locations. We thrived on repeat customers in Fenton because of they way we treated people, but I know each location is very different as far as the population, household income, types of vehicles ect.. Inner city locations have different issues than suburban areas and visa versa. Each location is different, but I believe if you come to a level of respect for the individual, genuinely caring about the individuals situation and genuinely want to help them and not just see them as a way of getting better numbers, each location could have that in common as a driving force for success. You can have a lot of fun with TMX or it can be the worst position you've ever taken, but 99% of it depends on you. You will get out of it what you put in. Be blessed in your decision. – less
MUCH CONFUSION
Regional Training Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Money was decent
Cons: Confusiion and Conflict Among Senior Leadership
I was a regional trainer who brought them to Texas to expand. The leadership who initially brought it here had clear, concise direction... but as leadership changed... much confusion existed.
Nice Office Settings
Store Manger (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: MONEY
Cons: NON FILE LOANS NO ACTION CAN BE TAKEN HARD TO MANAGE
Decent job, not stable due to non file loans that never have action taken, debt collection is critical and sometimes dangerous.
Not the industry
Regional Auction Coordinator/General Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2015
I guess it serves it purpose for the customers.
Loan money at a very high rate and then collections or repossess vehicle. Not a long term employment for anyone no one lasted more then 3 years.
Extended hours
General Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good benefits, good opportunity to make good money.
Cons: too much favoritism, long hours, no support.
Title Max is a good company if your looking to make money by providing good results based on your ability to loan and collect but there is favoritism, not enough support from management and you will have to work a long of hours.
I would not recomend TMX finance(Instaloan) to anyone
Customer Service Rep/Loan Offier (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 12, 2015
In my 7 months of being employed I learned that this company was dishonest with there customers. We had an ex employee that was stealing and the company would not divulge this info to the many customers she stole from. I was told(by my DM and GM) to keep my mouth shut until the customers brought it to our attention. I do not agree with this at all and refuse to work for a company that IS DISHONEST.
Unstable In the Dallas area due to city ordinance
General Manager (Former Employee), Garland, TexasMarch 5, 2015
Pros: off every other weekend
Cons: preassure on making new loans
Make sure you give the correct amount for a car loan, always calling people who are late or setting payment appointments. Inform people on how are product works and make sure they understand.
Productive and Results Oriented
District Manager (Current Employee), Albany GAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: freedom to get results that is required
Cons: at times can be micromanged
Days consist of following up on performance with stores. Tracking opportunities, with coaching and training all levels employees.
RUN!!!!!!!!
ASM (Former Employee), union city, gaFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: nothing!
Cons: every thing!!!
by far the worse people
You can EVER EVER work for! It's all about money!!!! They don't care you have a family nor a real life. If your not ripping people off your not for them! Stay far far away!!!! If kids have any morals at all! Don't work here!!! NO over time but you work from 9-8ish and if you get over time your getting written up! They make you work off the clock and threaten you if you call HR!! I could go in for days about this place! But who has that time in the day!!!
Asst. Manager and family life
Asst. Store Manager (Current Employee), georgiaFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: ok pay
Cons: veh wear and tear. your work does not speak for itself.
Only get 1 early day and depending on your manager you will not advance if you are a hard worker. Pay was ok. Dont expect sympathy if your car breaks down due to the many many miles you will put on it. I see as far as safety not many managers care as long as you are making them money. Dont have much time for family.
Worse Company
General Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Cons: they break laws, and fire employees to cover themselves
Awful company, don't tarnish your resume. Their recruiting dept lies, and the leadership is horrible, cut throat environment.

1 2 3 4 5