TMX Finance Employee Reviews

Company is JOKE
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 23, 2016
This company is full of it and a JOKE There is a ton of changes and closures leaving us with no jobs and no real notice. This company only cares about themselves and people in corporate, but not the employees in the stores.
Pros
Cons
to many to list

Comment – July 26, 2016

We value your honest feedback. We are always striving to improve and will take your feedback into consideration. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.

great place to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2016
Very great company to work for. company love to promoted within the company . work hard in sale relation and great customer services
Pros
great job to work for
Cons
alot chances

Comment – July 26, 2016

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with us! Thanks so much for leaving a review. We wish you continued success in your career with the Company!

Performance based business
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 18, 2016
TMX Finance is a great company to work for, over the years I have learned a lot working for this company which has defiantly helped my career advancement thus far. Basic principles in life as well as in my professional career i will forever use. Many great opportunities are available for advancement in this company if you are willing to put in the time and work to be successful as all the tools are given to us to do so.
Pros
1 hour lunch for all employees, All full time positions available
Cons
Healthcare company plans change annually

Comment – July 26, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, we are thrilled to hear about your positive experience at the Company. It is important that we know what we’re doing right in order for us to continue to improve.

Not a good place to work if you want a career
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2016
Usually if you start as a CSR the highest you will ever go up the ladder is Store Manager, General Manger if you are really hungry to make money. Even then if you're not performing and beating unbeatable numbers you're out the game and they get rid of you. DO NOT expect this job to be a place you will retire from. There are constant changes and upper management is inconsistent and never on the same page with things. Marketing plan is always changing and inconsistent. Environment is not welcoming, they are too worried about making money. They say they coach you when you're not performing but in reality what they do is throw you under the bus and expect you to figure out things yourself with out any proper training.
Pros
You get every other weekend off SOMETIMES.
Cons
Inconsistent management, no real coaching, no encouragement to do better.

Titlemax
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 14, 2016
A typical day is coming into work at 9 starting collection calls till 10 do store errands go to break then more calls. Marketing. taking payments.
management could be better. GM's are told to greet Customer and then pass them off to other employees.
Hardest part of the job is the Hours.
benefits
Cons
hours, managment

Comment – July 26, 2016

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you’re enjoying your time at with us!

daily work
+Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 14, 2016
worked for title max was a very good opportunity because I learned and feel more confident with my work. I learned to work with thousands of dollars and help customers to get the amount of money they were qualified for .

fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 12, 2016
Great place to work. Fun staff, good commissions, reachable bonuses, Long hours, Sundays off. Great place to work. Strong job security.

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us.

Its nice to be able to help people.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 9, 2016
A typical day would be setting goals and to achieve them. The team is very supportive which was always nice. I enjoyed being able to help people. The hardest part was collection. Some people just could not pay and the consequence was to repo their car.

Making calls and errands
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 6, 2016
The company has problem keeping employees. And the upper management doesn't treat you like you're human. I was just lucky enough to have a general manager with a heart.

Comment – July 26, 2016

Thanks so much for your review. It is important that we know both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continue to improve. We appreciate your honest feedback!

Job Skills
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GAJune 4, 2016
I have been with TitleMax for the past five Years. A typical day is making collection calls. I have met some really nice people since I have been with company. Most days can be very challenging.

TMX Finance
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJune 3, 2016
Great Company to Work For. Off every Other weekend.Will recommended company to anyone looking to work in the Finance company.

fast paced
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chamblee, GAJune 2, 2016
The company is customer service focused. I enjoyed building rapport with customers and building lasting business relationships. There is a lot of room for growth within the company.

Good Salary,
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 23, 2016
I like working at this company because I learned a lot about the processing of loans, rates, and the policy and procedures of this industry.

The hardest part of working at this company is not been value as CSR, They only value the employees thar are Store Managers or General Managers.

I enjoyed working with customers, and been able to make a diference in the goals thru hard work and consistency.
Pros
Good Salary, excellente schedule
Cons
Not been value because I am not in a management position

Comment – July 26, 2016

Thank you for your feedback and review. We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us; they will be shared with our management team. We are always looking for ways to improve!

good income. managers need to work 55+
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 21, 2016
it was a good experience, they hired good managers, good income, hardest part of the job you have to work from 8.30am to 8.00pm.some times you can't take break because you are short handed. good part, good benefits, help people when they need money.
Pros
Good income
Cons
Short staff, too many hours to work

Could be better
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 19, 2016
Could be better if management would actually train and develop others and promote the team to move up the chain. has good hours and you will have time to be with family
Pros
hours are good
Cons
favortism and good ole boy system

Money making opportunity
General Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 19, 2016
I like working for TitleMax, I don't agree with the pressures of you only being as good as your current day's numbers. If no one comes in to loan there is SO much pressure and criticism from upper management.

I LOVE my coworkers. We all work together as a team and always build each other up. Our manager has made sure to create that healthy, positive environment.

The hardest part of the job is the daily pressures of getting TONS of loan dollars on the books. If you don't, you are made to feel as though you're never productive. It doesn't matter the awards you receive month after month.

The most enjoyable part is, when you're performing, EVERYTHING is great! You're managers aren't on your back and you're making some really good money.
Pros
You can make GREAT money
Cons
You sacrifice time at home with family to make money

Challenging and rewarding
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 16, 2016
TMX Finance is a very challenging organization who thrives on getting results, place where you have unlimited growth potential and you are rewarded for your hard work; excellent leadership.

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us.

not a place for someone with family
General Manager/District Training Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 12, 2016
great place, great job, just not if you have family, pay is good if you do your job right, but its a horrible place for work life balance. There is none.

Ehtical Quandry
District Manager in Training (DMIT) (Former Employee) –  Карачаево-Черкесская РеспубликаMay 7, 2016
Did not enjoy the industry and was very predatory on sub prime consumers with title in hand. KPIs drove this. Was not a place to work if you are concerned with helping people.

Comment – July 26, 2016

No balance between work and life!!!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMay 5, 2016
This company has no structure. Things change daily which is expected at any place of employment but here it's way too often. No job security.. Hours are too long. But my biggest issue is working off the clock to avoid overtime.!! You are asked to send your supervisor an email to have any overtime removed which is totally unlawful.
Pros
Decent pay for management in a store that's doing well
Cons
Benefits too high!! Working off the clock to avoid overtime no work to life balance

2.9