TNG Retail Services Employee Reviews

Stay Away
Retail "merchandiser" (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 21, 2016
First of all it's not so much a merchandising job as it is a stocking job. Merchandising requires thinking this is mindless work.

Second the industry is on its last breath. Space in retail stores is shrinking rapidly.

Management leaves lots to be desired. A lot of cast offs from within the industry that wouldn't or couldn't cut it in other retail operations. Over eager supervisors always trying to impress somebody.

Every store you work will undoubtedly express their desire to just be rid of magazines and books which makes your relationship with the store very difficult to maintain.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Love working for this company.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2016
I started with them at the airport location and have continued with them even after cut backs and pay cuts. It is just a great company to work for and my managers are the best. You work independently and you meet some wonderful people in your locations
Cons
Wish I could get more hours
Great company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INAugust 18, 2016
I enjoyed the independence of the work environment. Supervisors were awesome. I would recommended anyone to work with the company. Co-workers are amazing, credit to the humane resource department.
Merchandising for TNG
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Muncie, IN, Anderson, INAugust 8, 2016
The job is hard work and understaffed. I stayed with it because I loved my boss. After she left,m things got much worse and they asked everyone to take a pay cut. I tried to stay as long as I could.But the new boss and new paycheck was the reason I had to leave. Plus I had a very ill child
Fun work place and hot
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 26, 2016
Its was okay place to work not enough hours a week plus people and staff was okay to be around it'd really wasnt but a hand full of people who work there with us maybe 20 people
Pros
Nice breaks every hour
Cons
Nice benfits
Great part time job.
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 19, 2016
My typical day at work is that I change out out-dated books and magazines in grocery stores or drug store chains. I have learned to build and maintain displays. I work alone most of the time. I do deal with the management on certain days. There really isn't anything hard about the job. The most enjoyable thing is that it's a very flexible job.
I am an assistant supervisor over merchandisers.
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Houston, Texas and outlying areas.July 17, 2016
Our company changes out magazines and books for grocery and drug stores. It is part time and is very flexible. Every day is different. I have a really good boss. The hardest part of this job is lifting 50 pound totes of magazines. The most enjoyable is the flexibility. I make sure all of our routes are covered. We also scan Kroger stores to make sure all stores have the same products in the same places.
Pros
I love working with my boss but miss doing transcription.
Cons
Part time and no benefits.
Poverty Pay, you do not get a raise.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GA 30080July 6, 2016
I love having my nights and weekend and major holidays off but you got paid less than $125.00 weekly and you had to consider gas, oil change so that really left you less than that. You will never get a raise and no advancement. The shipments got less so you can assume that the magazine business will not be around in a few years. It hard to work another job because you will work 4 days and some days will be only an hour. Making $9 you just spent gas money no profit.
Pros
No weekends, no holidays, on your own.
Cons
Pay is very low. Not enough to compensate gas, oil change. No raise ever.
A great place to work
Merchandising Representative (Current Employee) –  Ellensburg, WAJuly 2, 2016
This is a fun and relatively easy job. Attention to detail is a must, however it's not hard to do. You'll spend anywhere from under an hour to several hours working depending on the location.
Convenient while balancing work and school
Magazine Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJune 30, 2016
This job gives you great focus and memory skills. It is great to be able to travel to different stores each day and I loved the fact that I got the chance to interact with different customers.
Pros
Start at anytime.
Cons
Only part-time jobs with no real benefits. (health, dental, etc.)
Able to work on my own
CANDY AND MAGAZINE MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJune 27, 2016
Great job made my own hours. I worked close to home. I worked by myself. I got to travel around town.
Pros
made own hours
Cons
heavy lifting
Would not recommend
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dyer, INJune 22, 2016
Never got any real training. Was just expected to know what to do. Could not get in contact with people I needed to speak to. Work was easy but also difficult when the totes are stacked too high and you break your back trying to get them down! Also, store personnel treated me awfully like I was a second class citizen for some reason. Everyone in the Jewel acted annoyed by me. It was difficult to put magazines in the checkout lanes when customer's seem to get mad that you're in the way. I think the pay should be higher and give your employees more training and teach them how to read a planogram. Also, quit throwing away perfectly good books.I would feel so awful ripping the covers off of perfectly good paperback books so they can be thrown away. Why not donate them?? Throwing away knowledge is not the answer.
Pros
Cons
Everything listed below
easy
Lead Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 27, 2016
it was fun sometimes and other days it was not. sometimes it was stressful especially when people call out. I Learned that every manager in a store is different and you have to adjust to their likings.
Pros
make up my own hours that day
Cons
no vacation time off
Independence
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 23, 2016
A typical day at work consists of going to my accounts to either stock magazines or books onto the shelves. There is a lot of flexibility and independence in the position. Management and the people you meet at your accounts you visit are nice.
Pros
Flexibility. Work without supervision
Cons
Not many hours
limited hours
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVMay 14, 2016
i am a recent employee. I was only allowed to work 6 hours max a week, to do the whole magazine wall & 30 check outs for a Chain department store in the area.1 manager didn't know what the other manager had told its employees.very confusing, i am used to more structure in a merchandising employer.
Pros
no pros about this job.
Cons
no breaks
Dont expect any pay raises
PT Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 10, 2016
Dont expect any pay raises!

I have been with company for almost two years and still get paid only $9 an hour. Idiot cashiers at Walmart make money $$$. That is sad.
Pros
No boss looking over your shoulder, no clique BS..
Cons
Poor pay...
Productive workplace
reorder clerk/ QC (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 2, 2016
Fast paced, heavy lifting, typing, fulling totes, putting on labels
ability to have use of 10-key and MS product, creating invoices and labels.
Company transitioned to new profile
Book Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAApril 29, 2016
Company has changed since I was laid off. Learned a lot about distribution and marketing while I worked for them. My immediate managers/supervisors helped me grow as a team player.
Great Company
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mexia, TXApril 21, 2016
The company is great, with good compensation. I wish I could work more hours but other than that great overall work experience.
Independent part time work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 17, 2016
Travel from store to store, to supervisor merchandisers and maintaining healthy relationships with store employees and managers.

2.9