TNG Retail Services Employee Reviews

Refuse to give raise
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 13, 2017
If you see the current pay rate is higher for new employ then what employees get who have been working for years with the company which is ridiculous.

If you ask for a pay rate increase you will be rudely denied.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No raises ever
Lead merchandiser
Lead Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dothan, AL 36303September 12, 2017
You Work your own hours as long as you are done by 3 pm. Don't have ppl standing ive r you watching your ever move. See different people while working stores.
Cons
Use own car, low pay
Horrible place.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INSeptember 9, 2017
Company was racist and unfair. Management slept with employees and had favorites. Horrible working conditions, long hours, and cut throat coworkers. It was a true headache working there.
Official response from TNG Retail Services
September 11, 2017

Thank you for the feedback and we are sorry to hear about your experience. TNG holds its managers to the highest standards and if you have additional details regarding your experience please reach out to TNG H.R.

flexible part time position
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 7, 2017
This position is a great flexible position part time employment, ideally for stay at home moms or college students.
Requirements must have valid drivers license as you will travel to various stores within community
Pros
fkexible hours
Cons
lifting of totes 50lbs
Poor Management
DISTRICT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2017
Long hours,weekends,called at all hours,nasty emails from management,stressful, you are micromanage,hard to work part time employees,enjoyed customers
Pros
interaction with customers
Cons
management, you are talked down to you, work 7 days a week
Official response from TNG Retail Services
September 11, 2017

Very relaxed & flexible hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 2, 2017
Only allowed to work less than 30 hrs to avoid paying benefits but hours are flexible and work is not stressful since the management does not micromanage
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No benefits or raises
I enjoyed job, working own hours, no benefits, never felt job security, liked management.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Belair, MDSeptember 1, 2017
I enjoyed work, hours. But could not get enough hours to really make any money. No benefits were offered to me. Never felt secure, route was always being changed, locations added or taken away. I like working at different locations not stuck in one store. Also the merchandise was always something different. Never bored, job was challenging. Occasional conflict in store with Mgrs, handled by calling TNG Mgr to interact and resolve issues.
Pros
work flexibility, fun work, new skill learning
Cons
weather with travel, not alot of hours
Tng
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 28, 2017
The schedule is very flexible. You are mostly on your own in your stores which are close to your home. You will merchandising and doing displays. There is some heavy lifting.
temporary
Category Manager (Contractor- Staffing Agency) (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAAugust 27, 2017
Temporary Place of employment unorganized, typical day at work order entry, answering calls, support staff, and doing various jobs unrelated to position
Busy work, flexible hrs, good pay.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2017
I have worked them for close to 3 mos, So far I like it. I enjoy working by myself.
A typical day is getting to first location . Use my trackfinder and punch in. Do the work assigned . I sign in every store I go to. Finish work, punch in drive time and go to my next stop.
Until all work is done for the day.
Start over the next day same thing.
Pros
Working by myself. Flexible hours.
Cons
Not having enough hours.
Great for some extra cash
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAAugust 27, 2017
TNG isn't really focused on employees, but if you want a place to go and earn some money without a bunch of fuss and allow you to do it the way you need to, it's perfect.
Very accommodating to busy schedules
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 15, 2017
As a stay at home mom who just wanted to keep her foot in the retail door, this job has been very accommodating to my children's school schedule and my personal obligations. There is great communication in the company, and always room for advancement for those who find their home here. Both my husband and I have worked with this company for years and they have been great at working with and creating schedules that allow both of us plenty of family time.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lots of surveys and documentation for projects
Change is the constant
Professional Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 14, 2017
The company is a fast pace environment that allows you to work independently. You have to be self motivated and able to quickly understand guidelines for completing projects assign to you. Management is always available for support and guidance if a problem arise.
Pros
independent freedom to complete your task
Cons
healthcare
Low supervision & self paced
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAAugust 12, 2017
Work at your own pace with very little supervision. Basic job duties to follow and a good bit of decision making on how to handle your merchandise is left up to the employee.
Pros
Flexible hours, self-paced, little supervision
Cons
Work is part time only and hourly pay rate is on the lower end of the scale
Good summer work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAAugust 8, 2017
For a college student seeking summer employment, TNG was a good company to find that at. However, the work is a lot of heavy lifting and can be hard to get used to if you aren't physically active.
Pros
Independant, not a lot of interaction, very flexible schedule
Cons
physically strenuous
Fast paced
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAAugust 3, 2017
Lots of driving for my district. Physical area is too large. Not much support from upper management. I worked a lot of holidays due to delivery schedules.
laid back
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2017
perfect job if only need about 6 hrs a week. pay is good not a hard job must have computer and computer skills. manage a nice people friendly. would work for them again.
Pros
the pay
Cons
not enough hrs
Fast and easy to learn
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 29, 2017
Depends on stores but this job can be easily enjoyed should u find time to do it. Should u ever have a problem there's a lot of support and guild lines just read what u need to do and the rest follows.
enjoyable workplace
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 27, 2017
great company to work for and very enjoyable great management you can learn alot from this job things you would have not learned before hand and best part of all you can move around to one place to another
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
It was fine
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIJuly 27, 2017
It was a great company to work for. I got to work on my own schedule and take breaks when i needed to. I got to set it according to planograms, that were easy to read. My supervisor was great. Anytime i had questions or concerns she was there to support me and always got back with me with answers/options that worked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TNG Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9