TNG Worldwide, Inc. Employee Reviews

Liars and back stabbers
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New Hudson, MIJanuary 8, 2018
Worst place to ever work at. Liar's from owner to management, I have experience working in this industry and this is an awful place to work. But I got paid and made sure I was on the plus side when I left, with some extras.
Pay is disgraceful, owner is cheaper than a half-off sale at a dollar store.
Pros
Resigning
Cons
Management lies and misleads, no milage reimbursement, poor wages, Owner is in love with himself, gets cheap products from overseas with cheap labor for his own greed, Owner cant even pronounce his own product names correct
Locate totes with magazine, take them to the magszine area. Pull magazine that are to go back, then replace with new magazines. I enjoy the job
Magazine Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 30, 2017
Your job is to get all old magazines pulled and then replaced within an allotted time.
There are special projects and surveys that we process every other month.
Pros
My supervisor is good about getting someone to handle your store if you need time off.
Cons
9.00 an hr.
Cult like atmosphere
Customer Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MISeptember 20, 2017
Cult like. Everyone is encouraged to say how great everything is. Eccessive afterwork functions in which skipping is frowned upon. Managers are knowlegeable abd helpful. Pay is extremely low. Not a liveable wage.
Pros
Managers are accessible.
Cons
Encouraged to always say how great the company is.
Drink the koolaid
Replenisher/picker/packer (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 28, 2017
Although THE is a great company it is about drinking koolaid then being a senior member. Be ready to butter up your boss for advancement opportunities. Otherwise benefits are very competitive and helpful. Bonuses are great as well.
Pros
Bonuses. Relaxed work place. Annual trips
Cons
Hours.
In between jobs and did not offer a solid foundation!!
Forklift Operator/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  New Hudson, MIJanuary 23, 2017
Enjoyed the opportunity to learn the shipping and receiving part of the business but did not feel I could make a living to support my family.
Pros
Shipping and Receiving
Cons
Low wages
fun and productive
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Beaver County, PAOctober 24, 2016
I've worked with this company for a little over a year now, and I love it. My district manager is informative and helpful. I have yet to meet him, since merchandiser communication is primarily done through mass email, however management is still great. The biggest thing I've learned from this job is to stand up for yourself. As a merchandiser, I am in charge of the product that goes onto the sales floor. So naturally that means that one must have good communication skills and the ability to direct in leadership when needed. The most enjoyable part of my job however is the people I meet on a daily basis. They make my job worth while and make me happy that I am able to assist in any way I can.
Pros
talk to managerial positions, time management, organization, paid travel
Cons
miscommunication of merchandiser job duties and client staff
Caring Management and owners Great place to work.
CSSR, Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIJuly 25, 2016
Owners take the time to know every employee personally. You are greatly rewarded for your work not only with gifts and trips but with praise from the management and peers. Its truly was a great place to work.
Great industry
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 3, 2016
Welcoming customers, ringing customers up, upselling, banking, merchandizing, stocking shelves, and analyzing inventory.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
relocated
No room for growth
Talent/Sales (Former Employee) –  Rochester Road, Troy MIMarch 31, 2015
The customers are wonderful. They make coming to work worth while. Unlike the company the customers appreciate when you help them whether it is with a sale or product knowledge. The company makes you read and write book reports. Though it is great that they want employees to stay reading and keep their mind working... It has no purpose.
Pros
New products to try
Cons
Low pay, no time off, over worked, and poor management.
Good Company but low pay
Talent (Former Employee) –  New Hudson, MISeptember 4, 2014
This is a good, fun, company with awesome community involvement and wouldn't be a bad place to work if the pay offered, for the work that we're asked to do, wasn't so low. Not to mention, there are very little raises given for that work, and little opportunity for advancement or new jobs. Usually if it's something that can be absorbed by someone that already works here for little or no more pay, that's what they do.

All in all, I would say if you need a job and aren't worried about the pay, you will love it here. But don't expect to be paid what you're worth.
Pros
Involved in community, Decent Benefits, Nice end-of-year gifts
Cons
Barely any room for advancement; Very low pay for the work you're asked to do/minimal raises
Sales Consultant/ Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South Lyon, MIApril 2, 2014
It is a good company with great products, but they change their product line a bit too much to remain competitive.
Productive and fun place to work
Wholesale Account Representative (Former Employee) –  New Hudson, MIFebruary 25, 2014
Managed accounts and worked independently while working with others to insure everything gets done that day.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
No Job Security
Warehouse Work
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Hudson MIJune 3, 2013
Inventory control all day long or putting stock away. There was always good people to work with but too slow pace
Great culture and top of the line C-level employees.
Director of Operations/Stores, Texas Division (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasMarch 15, 2013
As an employee, we had a Make it Happen attitude that we instilled in ourselves as managers and passed along to our employees. We built great, honest and hard working teams, that would give 120% everyday.

My career consisted of overseeing multiple store locations, employee development, travel, annual store budgeting, merchandising, human resource protocol and procedures, inventory analysis and forecasting, just to say the least.

Everyday was challenging and decision oriented, which I enjoyed immensely! By the end of the day at TNG Worldwide, I felt accomplished by the decisions I made, the tasks I accomplished and the the people I encountered.

At the end of each day, I was ready for the next day of challenges and excitement.
Pros
worked directly with the owner, his famous bbq's, professional work relationships and environment, non-profit involvement and benefits.
Cons
if there were "cons", we easily discussed them and had a resolution immediately.
Challenging and fullfilling place of employment
Assistant Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa fe Springs, CaliforniaMarch 15, 2013
Always gives you the opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
Excellent work place
Assistant Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa fe Springs, CaliforniaFebruary 20, 2013
Challenging and fun atmosphere, the chance to grow as an individual and as a team member.
Pros
family type business
Great if you are looking to move nowhere.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 6, 2012
I had a lot of fun at this salon, but because it is such a small business, there is absolutely no room for advancement. Some of their managers have been there for 7 years with no pay raise. I was also treated unfairly during my pregnancy and felt like the couldn't wait to get rid of me. I had three different manager within 1 year and they had no training what so ever. I had a great rapport with customers that kept me there. I still get comments asking where I've been and how much they miss me, but after working over a year with no review or anything, I gave up.
Pros
great hours, great discounts, amazing health insurance and benefit package.
Cons
no job advancement, no pay raises, no on the job training
TEMP Position
ACCOUNT RECEIVABLE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMay 19, 2012
This was a temporary job through Kelly Services but I did enjoy me tenure there. The people were great and I enjoyed what I was required to do for the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TNG Worldwide, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8