TNS Employee Reviews in United States

A revolving door
VP Client Services (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 21, 2016
The model of the giant global market research vendor doesn't work well in North America.

TNS is permanently in the brink of bleeding on these shores because its giant structure, while very much needed in Europe where cross-border research is a must, gives it an unnecessarily burdensome organizational structure that adds cost and complexity against much nimbler, smaller rivals in the much more homogeneous North American market.

While global research vendors like TNS bring highly specialized expertise, the do it at an exorbitantly high cost that makes them noncompetitive in 8 out of 10 bids.
Pros
Good salary; good capabilities.
Cons
They terminate people before their three years so they don't have to pay vested 401k benefits
Smart team, poor management
Senior Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2015
TNS is a large company that is a small piece of even bigger corporations. This might make you think opportunity for advancement is possible, but you'd be wrong. There are far too many middle managers do grow your career beyond a senior level. Directorship is nearly impossible to achieve. Unfortunately they do not see value in remote employees. Senior management is so far removed from the day to day work that changes which are implemented are unrealistic and take you away from a customer focus. They have seen terrible performance, year after year, and only make cuts to middle management and below, leaving senior management in place to continue to destroy the company and the motivation of their employees (who are some of the smartest I've ever worked with).
Pros
They pay well
Cons
Senior management
Great Work/Life Balance and Trust
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILFebruary 23, 2015
The management is very understanding and supportive about work/life events for their employees. They take time to celebrate work accomplishments as well as personal life accomplishments. The dress code is very relaxed and only on occasion are we asked to dress business casual when guests visit.

Being a small company of only 40 employees, the social atmosphere is mostly friendly with monthly outings, company block parties, holiday parties, and a spirit week.

Team building and problem solving go hand in hand at TNS. When problems arise, TNS teams jump to the fore and fix them.
Pros
good location, great benefits, great celebrations
Cons
sometimes, management stifles the great talent they hire.
Marketing Research was interesting
Project Director - Travel and Transport - IHG (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PANovember 12, 2015
Administration support to Sr. level management. I advanced my skills in MS office. Management was very supportive. My co-workers were team players. The hardest part of the job was advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job was working for my boss.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
My boss left the company
Horrible place to work
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAMay 7, 2016
Management was terrible. They provided no employee break room. The office i worked in didn't provide a fair work environment.
Pros
Flexible scheduling if you are a student
Cons
pay rate was low considering the stressful working environment
The best team of people to work with.
Director, Multi-Country Project Outbound (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAMarch 24, 2016
The staff was excellent and they did everything possible for their clients. They were very client oriented and provided the best costumer service possible.
Pros
The employees.
okay
Ops Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 10, 2016
very schedule flexible. it was nice, good food and people. Had great PTO and laptop. Very family oriented. made time for training and asked questions
Pros
benifits
Cons
pay
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAMay 3, 2016
Great work place, good environment, I'd work here again in a heart beat. Customer service skills needed. Little management roles.
SENIOR ASSOCIATE, DATA PROCESSING (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 10, 2016
TNS is a good company. I learned a lot, it's flexible. I developed great rapport and relationships with coworkers. Great environment, and many offices across the globe.
Many opportunities given many aspects to the business
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 6, 2016
Company with many threads and tangents within market research from sample building to analytics, retail business focus to thought leadership in customer satisfaction and more.
Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAOctober 6, 2015
Collaborative team atmosphere. Management is supportive and flexible. There is ample opportunity to grow and advance. Leader in the industry.
Projects would change frequently so there was always something new and interesting to work with
Day Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 4, 2013
I would start my day by checking to see what employes showed up for work so I could move people around to make sure that we would have the right number of hours on each project. Then I would walk around and check with every supervisor to make sure that there projects were up and running correctly. I would contact project directors to conduct clients briefings and monitoring of projects. My job was mostly to make sure everyone was doing there jobs correctly and with the crew that I had working for me, my projects would go perfect everyday. At the end of the day I would read over all of my supervisor reports before forwarding them to the project directors. Look over the number of employes that would be working the next day and schedule them for the projects that were needed to be worked on the next day, so that we could meet are hours on every project
Pros
made great money for only being 23 and the benifits were nice to have
Cons
that the work changed to online servase and the site closed down
Awesome benefits, although repetitive
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 2, 2012
This jobs biggest assets are it's benefits. The raises are a portion of your daily intake, and management doesn't make that much either.
But it does have it's job security and very little chance of just being let go for no reason.
Management does try to liven things up with little events outside of work assignments, but it is a production company, so you still have deadlines
Cons
repetitive and boring
Awesome place to work.
Executive Assistant / Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNSeptember 21, 2015
Great place to work. Owners really listen to you and try to resolve any issues. I am so sad the company had to close, otherwise I would still be there.
Very fun and positive place to work
Senior Field Associate/ Assistant Manager/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 22, 2012
I had a wonderful staff. We all worked together as a team. Very fun and productive, met alot of new and great people
Pros
great benefits
Cons
crazy and some times long hours
Company offered an experience in appropriate telephone procedures.
Telephone surveyor (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHFebruary 23, 2015
While remaining impartial, contacting the correct company employee or manager to complete a survey without providing any information or interpretations of the questions for a third party company that contracted with TNS/Kantar Operations to complete the surveys. Correctly entering data provided from respondent to questions.
The hardest part of the position was determining the correct employee to complete the survey and successfully engaging that person to participate.
Pros
most co-workers were great people
Cons
management left alot to be desired in a professional manner.
Mostly Satisfied with Company
Senior Data Processing Programmer (Telecommute) (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHOctober 17, 2012
Management & Co-Workers were decent people to work with.
Flexible Company with good benefits.
fun work place fun doing surveys
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  liberty ohio is where the job wasMay 27, 2012
go in to work learned the job liked every bit of it.Liked when customers trusted me with their credit cards for the job
Pros
great pay and great benefits
Cons
company relocating
RN Nurse supervisors were very supportive and engaging
Interim Home Health of Los Angeles (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 26, 2013
Competently and proficiently provided nursing care to home bound ventilator dependent patients, promoted activities of daily living to clients and facilitated home health rapport to family by alleviating worries and concerns of primary care givers and other family members and their loved ones. I was able to develop greater flexibility in my interpersonal skills, and develop greater competency in delivering nursing care. Their personnel management style was very sincere and engaging. There never seemed to exist a difficult moment on any assignment, as I am not able to recollect any. The most enjoyable part of this job were the assignments and "the job".
Pros
any available rn would relieve the field nurse lvn when necessary
Promising company that offers career growth
Project Manager/ Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  nationwideOctober 13, 2014
I'm contracted for my services and its agreed that I manage my own schedule. In this role of Project Manager/ Executive Assistant I have learn to be more diversified and place emphasis on my multitasking skills. I'm Executive Assistant to the Owner/ CEO and its my responsibility to keep him continuously updated in regards to all that has to do with company. I enjoy most the leadership skills that I am developing steadfastly.