TNTP Employee Reviews in United States

Strong mission statement
TNTP - The New Teacher Project (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 6, 2014
A good organization committed to
getting great teachers to the hardest places

Excellent company benefits and atmosphere
Great people who love education
Technology Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 28, 2014
Great environment to work in though most of my co-workers were considerably older than myself. Also to note is that most employees work remotely so the office is mostly just technology operations folk, while the other floor is finance people.
Worked part-time as an ACE Observer, flexible work schedule and work from home.
Assessment of Classroom Effectiveness Observer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 22, 2013
TNTP provided exceptional training through conference calls, online presentations and reading resources.
New Teachers provided their schedules through an online form that then allowed observers some flexibility in determining classroom visits for observation. I was assigned 20 teachers to evaluate in approximately 16 different Baltimore City Schools.
Typically I observed 3-6 teachers a week. Immediately after an observation I returned home and spent 2-4 hours completing a written evaluation referring to my notes from the observation to provide evidence supporting teacher ratings. After completing the evaluation it was submitted electronically to TNTP and the Baltimore City Teaching Residency Program.
A challenge in this position was not having opportunities to interface with co-workers to discuss our experiences. We were required to communicate biweekly with our supervisor via email or a phone conversation.TNTP had ACE Observers complete a common evaluation through viewing and evaluating a video of a teacher that we then discussed via a conference call.
The best part of working for TNTP as an ACE Observer was being able to observe some terrific new teachers in action and being able to continue to work part-time in my area of expertise. Teaching our youth is the most challenging, important, and rewarding job. Being able to continue to support the goal of providing highly effective teachers to the students that need them most was a fulfilling experience.
Pros
flexibility of work schedule and being able to work at home
Cons
lack of interface time with co-workers
Innovative, hard working and dedicated staff
Human Capital Pre-Screener (Part-time position) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 13, 2012
TNTP values their employees and wants them to develop professionally at all levels. Staff are dedicated and work incredibly hard to reach goals.

4.3