Toast Employee Reviews

Best people ever worked with, worst people ever worked for.
HOSTESS/SERVER/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23229April 19, 2017
My co-workers were the best I've ever worked with and we even had relationships outside of work with each other. The bosses however were an absolute nightmare unless you were one of their chosen few who they supported through anything, otherwise you were constantly berated, talked down to, punished unnecessarily, or have your hours cut to a point that you couldn't survive off just that job anymore. I miss my co-workers and the work atmosphere, but I'll never miss working for the Buffords.
Pros
50% off entire menu, including drinks.
Cons
No workers handbook, no benefits, horrible owners, not actually a great menu, no security.
Good
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 7, 2017
I had not worked here long but management was great.Pay was good and had a very at home feeling with the staff. Over all a good place to work everyone was very respectable.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Challenging
A Family Feel Among Staff
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 16, 2016
A very fun place to work. Management was very easy to be open with. Lots of great bonds made working at this estabilshment. People are very friendly and enjoy making work as entertaining as possible.
Pros
Discounted food.
Cons
High turnover of staff.
Good people, bad communication
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 13, 2016
Great people to work with. Communication and systems are lacking. Need to invest more in systems and in people. Work/life balance is not good
Great sense of community
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 8, 2016
Typical day at work was great. I answered phones and emails, helped with social media. Assisted in any order we needed to get out that day. My coworkers were all amazing, my boss was great. The hardest part of the job was juggling it with my other job that I had. The most enjoyable was working with great people and being a part of a small company that handcrafted the product in Portland.
Pros
coworkers, location, product
Cons
no healthcare/benefits
Fun, Fast pace environment
Head Waitress (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAJuly 2, 2015
I learned everything I could about Food and Beverage and Toast and only regret leaving because of relocation. The Managers were also top notch
Good place to grasp the basics.
Food Runner/Host/Server (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Good place for beginners to grasp the basics. The costumers are some of the worst you'll meet. Learning to deal with the costumers, you'll be able to tackle most people in life.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
everything else
Waitress (Former Employee) –  SummervilleJune 18, 2014
Overall it's a nice place to work, just would like to see better hours and money opportunity.
A very fun work invironment
HOST, WAITER, BUS BOY (Former Employee) –  Charleston, South CarolinaMarch 13, 2014
Everybody who worked at Toast when i was there were young, energetic people who constatly spread positive energy and honestly everybody grew as a family over time. I worked here at Toast when my Mother was the General Manager throughout my sophomore and junior year of high school. I was able to puick up most of my people skillls here young and continued to gain and work on my communication skills.
Pros
Fun, Positive People, Laid Back, Very friendly oriented
Cons
To be honest i could not find one.