Toastmasters International Employee Reviews

I wouldn't give this a high good review
N/A (Current Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAMay 26, 2017
I wouldn't give this company a high good review. Politics of this company is very unique. Management - employee relations it every cold . Could be more positivity and support towards employees.
Pros
Free monthly luncheon
Cons
Lack of communication from management to employees
Pushes participants towards excellence
President of Chapter (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 23, 2017
I enjoyed my time as the President of our local chapter of Toastmasters at Colgate-Palmolive. The chapter helped several ESL participants feel more confident in presenting before audiences. Helping people succeed was the goal, and I believe that my leadership facilitated that goal for several of the members.
Pros
Met several colleagues that I would not have met otherwise
Cons
None!
A great place to learn.
Area Governer (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMarch 7, 2017
This is where speakers and leaders are made. I am NOT a paid employee I am a volunteer member. I have enjoyed my time in this organization and I will continue to participate as much as possible.
Its an amazing experience
Ewu Toastmaster's Club President (Current Employee) –  Cheney, WAFebruary 11, 2017
The leadership opportunities are great and working to promote and market the club is a fun challenge. Excited to meet our new members and finish up spring quarter on a good note. I enjoy this club because it has a good amount of team growth potential.
Great place to become a better you!
Area Director (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYJanuary 26, 2017
Great forum to practice your public speaking, meet new people, learn from your mistakes, get corrective criticism where needed. This organization will help you gain skills that are transferable to any job environment and will help you build the confidence you need to be a better you!
Pros
Super organized organization with so many locations
Cons
Some clubs lack consistent participation
Incredible experience and environment
Public Speaker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2016
Toastmasters teaches all the aspects of public speaking in an easy and friendly manner. Everything from master of ceremonies, to meeting facilitator, to professional add-lib. This is a phenomenal experience.
Exciting Work, Intriguing Projects, Management Issues
Staff Creative Writer & Editor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CASeptember 16, 2016
For the most part, my experiences at Toastmasters provided a big plus in my career and life. There were issues with company management, political intrigue (not about me, though it affected all staff).

Much of what I might write is moot, now, as the organization is moving out of state.
Pros
My writing skills were needed and put to use often.
Cons
Major changes in company culture when they changed leadership.
Always inspiring and appreciating their employees
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAJuly 27, 2016
What I've learned working for toastmasters is appreciating your employee's and co-workers help make the day a better one.
Pros
Free lunches and gifts
Cons
short breaks and health care
haven't got a job through this company
Temp/Warehouse picker (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAJuly 10, 2016
I wouldn't give this a high good review. Most of my jobs have been through a temp agency. Which they have been good. But I am ready for work for sure, and want to try to apply for work through someone else.
Provides helpful advice and mentoring for public speaking and communication skills.
Member (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 25, 2015
Each meeting is planned between selected speakers who can be any member of the club.
A meeting theme proposed between the toastmaster and other officers that open and close the meeting.
The hardest part is recruiting new members because not very many people are comfortable with speaking in front of crowds.
It is very exciting to communicate and suggest steps that must be taken with other members and officers in order to diversify club activities.
Everyone is very supportive of one another and help each other out with conquering fear as well as expanding their personal and professional growth.
Toastmasters has taught me that it is important part take in as many school functions possible, including those that do not solely focus on the subject matter in your field of study.
Pros
develope leadership skills, clear communication, increased self confidence, and further on for career advancement
Cons
Time consumption
Great club to join
Member (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INSeptember 23, 2015
As a member of Toastmasters for 10 years I had the pleasure of not only learning and improving new skills, I also created great networking skills through other members of the club.
Professional and Inclusive Environment
Club Member (Former Employee) –  La Grange, ILAugust 31, 2015
The atmosphere is very accepting and inclusive, which is very conducive to building up confidence when preparing for public speaking.
Great opportunity for position
Lieutenant Governor of Education and Training (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 3, 2015
Learning experience and training for leadership and communication cannot be matched. Great opportunity and learning environment to assist with job performance in the workplace
Pros
Global company and structure.
Cons
No cons to specify.
Very productive and team building
Vice President of Education, ACB/CL (Current Employee) –  Livingston, ALDecember 31, 2014
It is really a team building experience as well as an individual experience. Every person can benefit from this organization. For my part of the job, I always have the honor of placing people on agendas based on their requirements for their leadership awards. Hardest part of the job is maintaining the consistency. The most enjoyable part is interacting with others.
Pros
Gain experience
Cons
Time strain
Public Speaking
Member (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLNovember 26, 2014
Great place to enhance public speaking abilities. Gained ability to influence people's thoughts and makes you think critically, This is not a job, I am member here and have been for quite some time
Great Opportunity
AREA 43 GOVERNOR (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 21, 2014
If I could get paid for being a Toastmaster, then I will have found my calling.
Pros
Great opportunity to learn to speak better
Cons
non-paid postion
Great volunteer role to fine tune your leadership skills
Division Governor (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJOctober 15, 2014
Great volunteer role to fine tune your leadership skills
You will learn alot and what you put in is what you get out.
Pros
leadership changes every year, your role is only year, great networking, improve leadership and communication skills
Develop Public Speaker Abilities
Club Member (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 8, 2014
Toastmasters is about improving yourself. Toastmasters gives you this opportunity, and has different paths of education under a Toastmasters education.
Nice company that celebrates their employees. Provide customer service to happy members.
Member Services Representative- RSM, CA (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAMay 2, 2014
Company celebrates their employees, and the members you provide service for are fun and happy.
Pros
Happy members
Cons
No room for advancement
This is a very productive oraganization that brings out your best skills in leadership and speaking.
Inspirational Speaker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IlSeptember 27, 2013
During the time of being a member of toastmasters, I have come to appreciate the voice within me and I have become aware of the inspiration that I carry that brings out the best in others as I continue to discover my best qualities.

I have learned to relax and still learning not to be so hard on self as well as enjoy the usage of my words that bring life to the lives of others especially as I relate to the most sacred areas inside of the heart.

The most enjoyable part of speaking to a people is when I am privileged to invest into that individual and watch as they execute the words of inspiration that came from within me. I enjoy giving of myself.
Pros
Breakthroughs, healing and deliverance
Cons
Setbacks, defeated mindsets, old habits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toastmasters International. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4