Toastmasters International Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
haven't got a job through this company
Temp/Warehouse picker (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAJuly 10, 2016
I wouldn't give this a high good review. Most of my jobs have been through a temp agency. Which they have been good. But I am ready for work for sure, and want to try to apply for work through someone else.
The Most Rewarding Work Ever in Leadership Development
District 52 Director (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 1, 2016
A typical day of work is helping your team achieve their goals in achieving President's Distinguished at their clubs, areas, and divisions. I have learned that all people can achieve goals they never imagined. My co-workers are driven and dedicated. The hardest part of my job is keeping everyone motivated and on board to the end of our fiscal year in achieving our goals. The most enjoyable part of this company is most people care about bettering themselves and others.
Pros
Meet lots of wonderful people
Cons
Long work hours
Develop Public Speaking and Leadership Skills
Vice President of Membership (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 27, 2015
Toastmasters International is a nonprofit educational organization that operates clubs worldwide for the purpose of helping members improve their communication, public speaking and leadership skills.
Pros
Toastmasters is a great place to learn while having fun and meeting great people
Cons
Most Toastmasters groups only meet once a week.
Give Speech
At the encouragement of my mentor and my manager (Former Employee) –  OKOctober 16, 2015
This is not a job review, this is a public speaking club. I love it, as it assists me in everyday public communication and impromptu leadership.
Member
CL, VP-Education, Club President (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 3, 2015
I have learned so many great things in Toastmasters. I would highly recommend it. Everyone can grow their communications skills with others through this organization. I have gotten to know many people in the organization and now call them friends.
Provides helpful advice and mentoring for public speaking and communication skills.
Member (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 25, 2015
Each meeting is planned between selected speakers who can be any member of the club.
A meeting theme proposed between the toastmaster and other officers that open and close the meeting.
The hardest part is recruiting new members because not very many people are comfortable with speaking in front of crowds.
It is very exciting to communicate and suggest steps that must be taken with other members and officers in order to diversify club activities.
Everyone is very supportive of one another and help each other out with conquering fear as well as expanding their personal and professional growth.
Toastmasters has taught me that it is important part take in as many school functions possible, including those that do not solely focus on the subject matter in your field of study.
Pros
develope leadership skills, clear communication, increased self confidence, and further on for career advancement
Cons
Time consumption
Great club to join
Member (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INSeptember 23, 2015
As a member of Toastmasters for 10 years I had the pleasure of not only learning and improving new skills, I also created great networking skills through other members of the club.
Professional and Inclusive Environment
Club Member (Former Employee) –  La Grange, ILAugust 31, 2015
The atmosphere is very accepting and inclusive, which is very conducive to building up confidence when preparing for public speaking.
Leadership Practice
Vice President of Membership (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2015
• Coordinate and implement recruiting initiatives through networking and promotions
• Manage marketing of promotion, including graphic design and social media marketing
• Maintain regular follow-up with faculty and students to source potential members
• Establish contacts within industry through leadership trainings organized by Toastmasters International
• Arrange club events as a project manager
• Write and give speeches
Exciting Volunteer Opportunity
President of Chapter (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJuly 14, 2015
I was elected and appointed to lead our corporate Toastmasters chapter at Colgate for one year, the typical term for a President.

My role included encouraging other Toastmasters to participate freely during our local meetings; this included speech-writing and public speaking opportunities. I was involved in marketing the organization to our Company. I was also required to attend district meetings to represent the local organization, and relayed valuable information to our site.

I also participated by presenting my own speeches and evaluating other speakers. Our meetings were very lively and entertaining. Several of our participants spoke English as a second language, so it was a safe place for them to rehearse and to learn how to speak English fluently.

I learned the value of public speaking, and grew more confident in expressing my thoughts clearly and succinctly. I also learned the importance of being able to speak on demand, and grew more comfortable in that role. I also became more comfortable leading others.

Because this was a volunteer position and the participants were also volunteering, the job was not very difficult.
Pros
Valuable speaking skills, speech writing, leadership skill development
Cons
Limited interaction mainly due to competing priorities
Distinguished Toastmaster
Division Director (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 22, 2015
Toastmasters International is a nonprofit organization that offers communication and leadership skill training. Members are mentored to reach their goals by experienced Toastmasters, fostering a warm and welcoming environment in which to learn.
Great Non-Profit Organization
Area Governor (Current Employee) –  CAFebruary 1, 2015
Even though we don't get paid for our work, we get so much experience. Coordinating speech contest for International, Tall Tales, Evaluation, Table Topics and much more are always fun. I've learned how to manage my time, speak better, have integrity, be a leader, computer skills, and so much more.
Pros
awards and recognition
Cons
we don't get paid
Great opportunity for position
Lieutenant Governor of Education and Training (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 3, 2015
Learning experience and training for leadership and communication cannot be matched. Great opportunity and learning environment to assist with job performance in the workplace
Pros
global company and structure.
Cons
no cons to specify.
Very productive and team building
Vice President of Education, ACB/CL (Current Employee) –  Livingston, ALDecember 31, 2014
It is really a team building experience as well as an individual experience. Every person can benefit from this organization. For my part of the job, I always have the honor of placing people on agendas based on their requirements for their leadership awards. Hardest part of the job is maintaining the consistency. The most enjoyable part is interacting with others.
Pros
gain experience
Cons
time strain
Public Speaking
Member (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLNovember 26, 2014
Great place to enhance public speaking abilities. Gained ability to influence people's thoughts and makes you think critically, This is not a job, I am member here and have been for quite some time
Great Opportunity
AREA 43 GOVERNOR (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 21, 2014
If I could get paid for being a Toastmaster, then I will have found my calling.
Pros
great opportunity to learn to speak better
Cons
non-paid postion
Great volunteer role to fine tune your leadership skills
Division Governor (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJOctober 15, 2014
Great volunteer role to fine tune your leadership skills
You will learn alot and what you put in is what you get out.
Pros
leadership changes every year, your role is only year, great networking, improve leadership and communication skills
Develop Public Speaker Abilities
Club Member (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 8, 2014
Toastmasters is about improving yourself. Toastmasters gives you this opportunity, and has different paths of education under a Toastmasters education.
Nice company that celebrates their employees. Provide customer service to happy members.
Member Services Representative- RSM, CA (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAMay 2, 2014
Company celebrates their employees, and the members you provide service for are fun and happy.
Pros
happy members
Cons
no room for advancement
This is a very productive oraganization that brings out your best skills in leadership and speaking.
Inspirational Speaker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IlSeptember 27, 2013
During the time of being a member of toastmasters, I have come to appreciate the voice within me and I have become aware of the inspiration that I carry that brings out the best in others as I continue to discover my best qualities.

I have learned to relax and still learning not to be so hard on self as well as enjoy the usage of my words that bring life to the lives of others especially as I relate to the most sacred areas inside of the heart.

The most enjoyable part of speaking to a people is when I am privileged to invest into that individual and watch as they execute the words of inspiration that came from within me. I enjoy giving of myself.
Pros
breakthroughs, healing and deliverance
Cons
setbacks, defeated mindsets, old habits

4.6