Tobey Hospital Employee Reviews

Small laboratory with a big community feeling
CLINICAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Wareham, MAFebruary 29, 2016
Tobey Hospital is a great small sized hospital with a big community feeling. Everyone knows everyone, and is very helpful. The average day in the lab as a Clinical Specialist is juggling between the laboratory bench duties and the supervisory duties, which is the hardest part of the job. Most days are spent on the bench juggling between the necessary tasks of the day as well as working on the pending patient lists. The most enjoyable part of the job is that all of the technicians and technologists in the laboratory work together to get the work done. There are not any boundries between departments for everyone is willing to help everyone.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
lots of multitasking
payment and compensation
Technician (Current Employee) –  Wareham, MAMay 2, 2012
below industry standard for area. hectic days at work. micromanaged and poorly. coworkeres a pleasure. enjoy working with patients mastly local people
Pros
close to home
Cons
compensation
Acute rehab facility
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wareham, MAMarch 8, 2016
Excellent learning experience for myself as an LPN. The overall environment was excellent. Care for the patients were multidementional and included hlistic approaches. Excellent support for staff.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
Pay was substandard back in 1999
Like A Small Community
Pharmacy Technician II (Current Employee) –  Wareham, MAJanuary 19, 2014
Tobey Hospital is a really nice place to work; it's almost like a small community. The hospital is small so everyone knows everyone which creates a nice environment to work in. The management is nice and treats their staff well; we all have our minor differences but because of the culture things typically get worked out. Tobey has taught me about how to deal with people better because you see the same people everyday and you also see many of the same patient's families if their family members are really sick. My favorite part about working there is how close-knit and tight everyone is and mostly everyone has each other's backs. The hospital is also unionized and it's a requirement to join the union if you work there. The only people exempt are nurses who must join the MNA and upper-level management and pharmacists.
Pros
tight-knit, everyone is friendly, free food on holidays, ETO accumulation
Cons
floors are sometimes understaffed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wareham, MAApril 3, 2012
I am a R.N, worked day shift 7-330, 40 hours a week on a surgical floor for 13 years. I gained a lot of experience from working there, took many classes, I becamed certified in bariatric nursing, traveling to different states for yearly conferences for education. My nurse manager was excellent, she was friendly, extremely supportive, and always there to help. Co-workers were also helpful and easy to get along with. I really enjoy being a nurse, my patients were the best part of my job, getting compliments daily made my day special.
Good workplace, room for advancement & movement within the company
Diet Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wareham, MAJuly 4, 2012
Co-workers-helpful and easy to work with on a professional level. Hardest part of the job is dealing with disgruntled customers/patients. Enjoy working with the patients. Have used this job as a starting point for my career.
Very rewarding position helping others.
Information Desk Associate/Gift Shop Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wareham, MAMay 10, 2014
I deal with the public whether patients or visitors, via over the phone or in person on a daily basis. I also run the hospital gift shop.
Pros
I enjoy working around other people, I am people person.
Cons
Not a full time position.
First travel position
OR CIRCULATING RN (Former Employee) –  Wareham, MAJanuary 22, 2015
Tobey was the first travel job that I secured and it was good. Staff were supportive and respectful.Learned new procedures and equipment.
Pros
STAFF UNITY
Cons
NON
registered nurse in a small community hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wareham, MASeptember 26, 2012
care of medical surgical patients on the night shift. Frequently charge nurse

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tobey Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3