Tobey Hospital

Tobey Hospital Employee Reviews

Very rewarding position helping others.
Information Desk Associate/Gift Shop Clerk (Current Employee), Wareham, MAMay 10, 2014
Pros: i enjoy working around other people, i am people person.
Cons: not a full time position.
I deal with the public whether patients or visitors, via over the phone or in person on a daily basis. I also run the hospital gift shop.
Like A Small Community
Pharmacy Technician II (Current Employee), Wareham, MAJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: tight-knit, everyone is friendly, free food on holidays, eto accumulation
Cons: floors are sometimes understaffed
Tobey Hospital is a really nice place to work; it's almost like a small community. The hospital is small so everyone knows everyone which creates a nice environment to work in. The management is nice and treats their staff well; we all have our minor differences but because of the culture things typically get worked out. Tobey has taught me about how to deal with people better because you see the same people everyday and you also see many of the same patient's families if their family members are really sick. My favorite part about working there is how close-knit and tight everyone is and mostly everyone has each other's backs. The hospital is also unionized and it's a requirement to join the union if you work there. The only people exempt are nurses who must join the MNA and upper-level management and pharmacists.
registered nurse in a small community hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Wareham, MASeptember 26, 2012
care of medical surgical patients on the night shift. Frequently charge nurse
Good workplace, room for advancement & movement within the company
Diet Office Specialist (Current Employee), Wareham, MAJuly 4, 2012
Co-workers-helpful and easy to work with on a professional level. Hardest part of the job is dealing with disgruntled customers/patients. Enjoy working with the patients. Have used this job as a starting point for my career.
payment and compensation
Technician (Current Employee), Wareham, MAMay 2, 2012
Pros: close to home
Cons: compensation
below industry standard for area. hectic days at work. micromanaged and poorly. coworkeres a pleasure. enjoy working with patients mastly local people
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Wareham, MAApril 3, 2012
I am a R.N, worked day shift 7-330, 40 hours a week on a surgical floor for 13 years. I gained a lot of experience from working there, took many classes, I becamed certified in bariatric nursing, traveling to different states for yearly conferences for education. My nurse manager was excellent, she was friendly, extremely supportive, and always there to help. Co-workers were also helpful and easy to get along with. I really enjoy being a nurse, my patients were the best part of my job, getting compliments daily made my day special.