Toddco designs and markets micro bonding factory automation equipment to the electronics industry worldwide. Toddco pioneered a superior method of accomplishing high tolerance, precision electronic bonding in a fully automated environment. Toddco General is expanding and has an immediate need for a ViB.6/VB.net programmer who is familiar with C++/C#. Accommodation may be made with flexible hours and work location for a proven performer.
The immediate task is to debug existing software written in Visual Basic to meet current customer’s changing needs and respond to demonstration requests from new customers. You’ll be working independently under the guidance of engineers who have worked with the equipment since it’s inception. You will draw on your experience in motion control programming in the following environments:
- Initially VB.6/VB.net programming proficiency
- PC currently and embedded environments in future designs
- Embedded systems using RTOS in new designs
- Stepper motor control
- Servo motor control
- Hybrid motor control
- Multi-coordinated and uncoordinated X, Y, Z, Theta-Z
- Logic state machines
- RS-422, RS-423 or Ethernet connections
- Analog to Digital and Digital to Analog programming
- Discrete I/O
- PID loop controls understanding
- Touch screen GUI’s familiarity
- 2 – 5 years experience writing X, Y, Z motion control software for factory
automation or robotics equipment or similar environments
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work independently with limited direction.
- Documented orderly work habits documenting written software and assisting in the writing of training material for equipment operators.
- Ability to organize work to meet milestones in a timely manner.
- Proficient in mathematical computations required to define X, Y, Z axis movement writing test programs as required.
- Willingness and ability to perform in a highly fluid and demanding environment.
- Availability to travel occasionally for periods of a week or more to support new equipment installations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills suitable to interface directly with customers.
- Ability to qualify for security clearance if required by Federal contracts
- “Can do!” attitude, committed to manufacturing excellence in support of the sterling reputation and integrity of the Toddco name.
- BS in Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics OR an Associate’s Degree with commensurate work experience
- Competitive compensation depending on education, directly comparable experience, and programming proficiency
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to
Toddco General’s contracted recruiter Golden Triangle Connections