Toledo Tool & Die Company is a family operated business that has been in operation since 1940 and we have a two-shift operation which specialize in metal stampings and welded components for the automotive industry.
Plan, organize and control the activities related to metal stamping and welding operations and the associated products and services in accordance with safety, quality, cost, lean manufacturing and employee relations.
Summary of essential job functions
- Direct the metal stamping and welding operations to ensure quality products are manufactured safely, efficiently and meet or exceed customer delivery requirements.
- Review production schedules to make decisions concerning staffing requirements, work procedures, machine efficiency, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Review Operations and confer with other departments to resolve production concerns.
- Develop, implement and maintain production tracking systems, which analyze production, quality control, maintenance or other operational reports to detect production problems such as poor quality, machine inefficiency, training deficiencies, cost/waste reductions, etc…
- Hire, train, evaluate, coach/counsel hourly & salaried team members in accordance with positive employee relation methods.
- Coordinate or recommend procedures for facility/equipment maintenance and/or modification, including the replacement of machines.
- Other tasks as directed by the CEO/President
- Authority to stop production if unsafe conditions or poor quality exist.
- A Bachelor of Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- At least ten (10) years of progressive work-related skill, knowledge, or experience in a fast-paced, high volume manufacturing environment is required. Preferably with a metal stampings background in an OEM or Tier I/II supplier in the automotive environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, cost and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Principals Only: We will not accept candidates via third-party recruiters at this time.
Indeed - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard