TOLL BROTHERS

TOLL BROTHERS Employer Reviews

Very busy office
Luxury Home Builder (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 29, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: changes
Very friendly atmosphere - Team members that all work together.
A great stepping stone
Carpenter (Former Employee), Morrisville, PAJune 12, 2014
Pros: good teachers
Cons: no raises
It is a great company to learn at ,not excel.Overall the people are great and very willing to teach.I was treated very good at this company.
Toll Brothers was an excellent company to work for!
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee), La Quinta, CAJune 7, 2014
Toll Brothers was an excellent company to work for! I have no complaints at all.
Great Environment
Sales Greeter (Current Employee), Maple Grove, MNJanuary 27, 2014
Great place to work, friendly staff. Didn't see any room for advancement.
Fun place to work
Project Coordinator/Account Payable (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJanuary 14, 2014
Learned a lot in the new home construction field. Enjoyed working there.
waiting foe a reply
Construction Worker (Former Employee), Morrisville, PADecember 9, 2013
i used to work for this great company but due to some personal issues i had to leave my job and i would like to go back and be part of the team ..
Ask the right questions before you accept position
Project Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TX.November 25, 2013
Pros: great experience for something better
Cons: no training for project managers
Toll claims that as a PM you will run the community as your own, but that is not entirely true. Strong micro management in a unstable division with lots of turnover in construction and management. Division is fragile and vulnerable in many ways. Has never gained traction in the San Antonio market for a number of reasons. Toll will work you to death – more... rather than higher the necessary staff. As PM you will likely will be held responsible for things outside of your control. Cut throat environment with little sympathy or compassion. Little chance for advancement unless you move to a larger division in another city. – less
studio leader
studio leader (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 16, 2013
Pros: i loved my job
Cons: to much micro management
Manager in charge of day-to-day operations of growth-oriented studio.
Overall management, control, coordination & execution of assigned projects; implement Toll Brothers corporate decisions, guidance, laws, regulations & policy in the development of projects & intermediate products in support of projects.
Manage design and prepare construction documents – more... for various commercial, single, and multi-family concurrent projects developed by Toll Brothers Florida divisions.
Quality Control, review and maintain master set of construction documents for each community. Develop reporting and tracking system.
Coordinate architectural efforts, management level representation, communication and coordination with Toll Brothers Construction, development team, consultants, retailer, contractors and construction team Identify other services and secure additional work through business relationships, market research and industry networking.
Estimate architectural costs and fees for projects; write requests for proposals for consulting engineers; secure proposals, negotiate fees, execute agreements and approve invoices – all in accordance with company guidelines.
As workload increases, identify need for additional production staff as deemed necessary to meet deadlines and business objectives; assist in identifying and interviewing additional staff.
Manage and train architectural staff; match assignments with the abilities of the staff in addition to monitor and control budget for studio.
Assure compliance with all environmental, energy use, safety and security standards (code compliance) – less
Great team to work for!
Sales Associate, Sales Department (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 25, 2013
Pros: good benefits, very flexible, good environment
Cons: not the best salary out there
Very supportive with training and mentors. Small but very tight group. Great balance between job and life, they respect the work hours. Very understanding and family oriented. A typical day involves paperwork and follow up with current and potential buyers as well as walking homes and meetings with construction and management team.
Learn a lot about – more... being organized, prioritizing, excellent communication verbal and written, standard construction procedures. The hardest part of this job is dealing with common construction issues, not all the vendors are on top of their duties. Too many people building a home, which can causes a few human errors here and there that the buyer is exposed to. The most enjoyable part is seeing families happy with such a big investment and pleased with our customer service and product. – less
Mortgage Originator
Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee), Horsham, PAOctober 11, 2013
Great company to work for- management is kind, helpful, and pushes you to do your best. The co-workers I have are probably the best part of my job- we work in teams so getting along with them is essential for success.
Rising
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2013
Toll brother's was the first company managing my own community.
Simply the best employment I ever had!
Quality Assurance / Product Developement (Former Employee), Horsham, PAJuly 15, 2013
Pros: great place to work!
Cons: when the housing market crashed, a majority of the company was laid off.
The work was enjoyable, and made one proud to be part of!
The pay and benefits were exceptional, the company respects you as an individual and most everyone was happy to be working for the company.
Beautiful Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio TX Ridge at Sonoma Verde/DominionMay 30, 2013
Pros: being physically active
Cons: home sales were weak during these years and commissions not enough to live on
A very busy day with lots of interaction with the public. I learned to sale homes and to use software to prepare contracts. The management was somewhat supportive from a distance. Homes sales is a competitive business so my co workers were guarded. The hardest part of the job was closing a sale. I loved being outside showing lots, showing beautiful – more... homes and introducing people to their dream homes. – less
Framer
Framer (Former Employee), fairfax VaMay 8, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: winter
basicly was a framer and liked working with everyone was a subconttractor and enjoyed running the boom lift
Good Place to Work
HRIS Manager / Application Project Manager (Former Employee), Horsham, PAMay 1, 2013
While much depends on the home-building results, the copmpany has remained focused on its goals and had positioned itself well to survive the downturn in the housing markets.
Warranty Service Technician
Warranty Service Technician (Former Employee), Delray Beach, FLMarch 16, 2013
If you don't mind working with grumpy sub-contractors and home owners then it's not a bad job.
A great experience, I learned alot.
Sawyer (Former Employee), Emporia, VAJanuary 26, 2013
Kept machines loaded and cut all materials for trusses.
I learned to take my time and use safety first.
Management was fair.
My co-workers was friendly.
The hardest part of the job was meeting production.
The most enjoyable part was making production.
It was a good job we was expected to do a job
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee), PAJanuary 22, 2013
My job was to deliver lumber

sometime we had oversize loads that we had to delivery

to make sure that those was strapped secure

and be sure we had up from permits for oversize loads
Great people great Company!
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Highland, Ca and Corona, CaDecember 16, 2012
I enjoyed working at Toll Brothers, too bad I managed to sell myself out of a job. I would work there again in a heart beat.
A typical day at work started with meetings with my Construction Supervisor and associate.
I learned to finesse the art of managing sales, new homeowners and my sales associate.
The hardest part of the job was absolutely nothing. – more... I enjoyed every day and every hour of my work.
I enjoyed handing the keys to the excited homeowners and watching them finally able to move into their dream home. – less
software tester
Software Tester (Former Employee), Fort Washington PADecember 11, 2012
Developed Test Plans and Test Cases based on application business requirements for system testing of new web-based mortgage loan origination system.
Executed test cases for system testing of new application.
Created and maintained system testing defect log
Thoroughly documented all defects found and followed up on until completion.
Documented resolution – more... of all defects and issues – less