Toll Global Forwarding Employee Reviews in United States

It killed your passion
Import Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Diamond Bar, CAJune 23, 2016
If you looking for a stable job, this will be your choice. But if you want to advance your career. This place may not be the best place for you.

Lack of interaction there, people just go there to work and leave on time. No one really want to build up relationship at work.
Accounting
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Carteret, NJJune 4, 2016
The company is going through structuring for about 10 years, turn over is high which lead to overall unstable departments. Management need to have more vision and stop hiring who they know but hire quality persons to see improvements.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
No raises
Pretty Good
Warehouse Equipment Operator/Picker (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAMay 16, 2016
Went in as a warehouse worker for a while some lazy people there but they got fired after a little while of being there as long as you work hard you will be called in even if work is slow and only a few people are needed they will keep in mind who is a hard worker and who is not, they are always hiring and you can apply and work that same day sometimes work can slow down out of no where but that can happen anywhere
Pros
you can apply and work the same day, management seems to be on top of things, appreciate the work you do especially if you stand out
Cons
hired through agency so no benefits and its very difficult to get hired through company
Packaging
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAMarch 13, 2016
Easy job that is only required to follow instructors. Non-flexible schedule, but great people and environment. Co-workers are very fun and friendly.
Family atmosphere. The people are kind and helpful to oneanother.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield Gardens, NYOctober 14, 2015
Comfortable place to work. The staff were kind and generous to each other. We shared many meals together. The day to day tasks were not very challenging at and at times monotonous. There was a lack of room for growth within the company. I felt as though I could never move up from my position. The bosses I reported to were located in NJ, so there was a sense of independence and trust.
Pros
Crosstraining amoung departments was educational and productive.
Cons
There was no room for advancement.
only like asians
Account Payable Assistant (Former Employee) –  Industry, CASeptember 16, 2015
my manger would not look at me because i was not asian. the current employees only wanted family members working there so it was hard specially if you don't speak mandarin. very stressful work environment always walking on egg shells.
Pros
stable pay and lost of hrs
Cons
not welcoming
A hard job but the the hours are steady
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  San Pedro CaJuly 19, 2015
- A typical work day consisted of unloading thousands of boxes from 3-4 shipping containers per day
-Boxes weigh anywhere from 2.5 to 50 lbs.
-The hardest part of the job is the heavy physical labor and also having to separate all the different boxes as they are heavy and mixed up all over the place.
-The most enjoyable part is the hours, no matter what you will get an 8 hour shift.
Pros
8 hour shifts
Cons
You will not always be called in to work
Fast paced working environment with flexible hours
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAMay 21, 2015
Adaptable company that works at a fast pace in order to send out their shipping orders on time. The company doesn't have any advanements positions but their job requirements makes it easy for one to get the job done.
Pros
Various Shifts
Cons
Healthcare
in charge of VIP accounts
GLOBAL KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER OF AIR IMPORTS (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 9, 2014
Was a great company until Toll took over and became political.
Great workers were dismissed.
CEO was influenced by unprofessional individuals
Loved my customer based clients. thank god for them that I endured this long with this company..
Pros
my customer
Cons
political bs.
Great environment and people
Entry Writer (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILOctober 21, 2014
Great place to work. I learned a lot about Fish and Wildlife shipments. A lot of data entry and Excel work, which was great because I learned a lot, but grueling and long some days. The people made the job enjoyable
Pros
boss and co-workers
Cons
not the most technologically advanced.
Overall good people to work with. Management leaves a lot to be desired.
CUSTOMS ENTRY WRITER (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILJanuary 8, 2014
The co-workers are good people to work with for the most part. Management prevents any initiative and advancement isn't going to happen.
Logistics
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJDecember 13, 2013
This logistics company never sleeps. Always a big project going on with very creative ideas.
Great values
Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAAugust 28, 2013
Productive and enjoyable work with personnel and truck drivers
Great people to work with. Needs more management with experience
Air Export Agent (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILDecember 27, 2012
Great people to work with. Fun to come to work. Only issue is the management team needs more experience without passing off work that they don't even have a clue as how to deal with. Toll as of April 2012 is using CARGOWISE, which some were and do not want to switch to the new system, and this causes productivity issues. Has/had a complete Air Export Department quit within 2 weeks in Feb. 2012 when new management took over 2 months prior. New staff hired in Feb 2012 was burdened to take up the slack from management that was unwilling to assist learn/teach new data entry system.
Pros
easy going employees and management
Cons
willing to learn and teach new data entry systems, like to work departments understaffed.
New australian based international freight forwarder
Air Export Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 23, 2012
I am employed as the Air Export Manager for Toll Global Forwarding. I was hired initially by Baltrans Logistics and we were purchased by TOLL GLOBAL FORWARDING in early 2008. I am very much a hands on manager and have a very strong working knowledge of all aspects of international transport. I have exported to every region of the world and handled letters of credit, state department license, vehicles, dry and perishable cargo. The job can be very demanding as we are still transitioning and implementing a new export program. While our senior management is making every attempt to support these changes our local management are more concerned about their future roles in Toll rather than growing the business. I enjoy working hands on and along side my staff and we do not leave until the job is finished.
Pros
annual incentitives
Cons
language barriers with local management no growth opportunities