Toll Global Forwarding

Toll Global Forwarding United States Employee Reviews

Great environment and people
Entry Writer (Former Employee), Wood Dale, ILOctober 21, 2014
Pros: boss and co-workers
Cons: not the most technologically advanced.
Great place to work. I learned a lot about Fish and Wildlife shipments. A lot of data entry and Excel work, which was great because I learned a lot, but grueling and long some days. The people made the job enjoyable
Overall good people to work with. Management leaves a lot to be desired.
CUSTOMS ENTRY WRITER (Former Employee), Wood Dale, ILJanuary 8, 2014
The co-workers are good people to work with for the most part. Management prevents any initiative and advancement isn't going to happen.
Logistics
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Carteret, NJDecember 13, 2013
This logistics company never sleeps. Always a big project going on with very creative ideas.
Great values
Safety Assistant (Former Employee), San Pedro, CAAugust 28, 2013
Productive and enjoyable work with personnel and truck drivers
Great people to work with. Needs more management with experience
Air Export Agent (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILDecember 27, 2012
Pros: easy going employees and management
Cons: willing to learn and teach new data entry systems, like to work departments understaffed.
Great people to work with. Fun to come to work. Only issue is the management team needs more experience without passing off work that they don't even have a clue as how to deal with. Toll as of April 2012 is using CARGOWISE, which some were and do not want to switch to the new system, and this causes productivity issues. Has/had a complete Air Export Department quit within 2 weeks in Feb. 2012 when new management took over 2 months prior. New staff hired in Feb 2012 was burdened to take up the slack from management that was unwilling to assist learn/teach new data entry system.
NEW AUSTRALIAN BASED INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT FORWARDER
Air Export Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 23, 2012
Pros: annual incentitives
Cons: language barriers with local management no growth opportunities
I am employed as the Air Export Manager for Toll Global Forwarding. I was hired initially by Baltrans Logistics and we were purchased by TOLL GLOBAL FORWARDING in early 2008. I am very much a hands on manager and have a very strong working knowledge of all aspects of international transport. I have exported to every region of the world and handled letters of credit, state department license, vehicles, dry and perishable cargo. The job can be very demanding as we are still transitioning and implementing a new export program. While our senior management is making every attempt to support these changes our local management are more concerned about their future roles in Toll rather than growing the business. I enjoy working hands on and along side my staff and we do not leave until the job is finished.