Tolt Service Group Employee Reviews

Enjoyable
Traveling Installation Tech/ Field technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2017
The company was new. I traveled the country for them for a huge account that the required the de-installation of entire (point of sale) systems followed by the installation of all new equipment in a chain of grocery stores. Quickly promoted to a field tech.
nothing to say
Call Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2015
nothing to say about this company..was hired to start up call center...got laid off within the first year of employment
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Horrible
Filed Technician Level III (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2015
There is no typical day. Zones are enormous and 4hr sla with a 2 hour drive, and a broken part are just un-obtainable. Management was weak to be nice.
Pros
company vehicle and a paycheck
Cons
Not enough space for an answer that would justify the cons appropriately
Company with Potential
Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  georgiaSeptember 11, 2015
depending on your region, management varies. great starter company for someone that wants experience in that field of work.
pros and cons balance themselves out. techs look out for each other.
Pros
cellphone, laptop, company vehicle, free GAS
Cons
quality parts, management(depending on location)
Interesting place to work
Field Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  Branch, TXApril 28, 2015
flaky schedule, rotate on call, hours are stable, management is terrible, company vehicle, gas card, low/average pay, poor benefits, field work exceptionally entertaining - multiple accounts - always learning something new, must love driving, inventory/part issues causing missed SLA's, overall average place to work.
A fun place to work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Northern Va areaMarch 14, 2015
A typical day was traveling from one large retailer to another to diagnosing, repairing or replace a cash register, store PC's or peripherals.
Pros
Freedom to work hours convenient for Technicians
Cons
Driving around Northern Va
Enjoyed the people I worked with
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYMarch 9, 2015
Most of my duties were below my skill level, but overall the place was a pretty good place to work. I am seeking other employment due to the fact that they laying off all techs as of the month.
good fun place to work the people make it
test treage (Former Employee) –  tigerdJanuary 22, 2015
was very good to work their but circumstances beyond my control
made me leave otherwise i would still be their.i wold work their again maby someday.
Working for Tolt Service Group
Regional Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GANovember 9, 2014
I worked with Tolt from California to Georgia. First it was my dream job. Then it became my worst nightmare. The job for a true break/fix tech. Is heaven. Tolts customers mainly are wall to wall customers. Meaning they take care of the entire store. So when you get to the store you can fix what ever is wrong in the store. Which makes your customers happy to see you.

So at the start I had the best management you could ever ask for. How about this, management that would go to bat for you. Really Steve Roswic really made you feel part of a team. We ran calls for this guy because of it. Once this contract was lost I moved to the Atlanta division. My first Mgr was OK. not much interaction. Due to the type of work we were doing. made seen him once or twice a month. After being there a while and being used to support other areas of the company from my position. I asked about moving up in the the company. Was told and showed that wasn't happening. Later after moving From deployment back to service. I then meet my supervisor. The supervisors supervisor. Never taking a stand on anything. tell you one thing then say another. really wasn't able to manage the division the way the customer needed or management. Then to add insult to it all. They hired a Regional Manager for tech company with no Technical knowledge. None. So the Atlanta customer was being hurt. Both by his lack of leadership as well at his lack of situation technical knowledge. They would never be in the field to understand what was happening with there techs. The Regional Mgr decided that it would better to pick
  more... out people to pick on. I went from on of the top 4 tech in the division in calls closed and first visit call closer to thee bottom of the list.

I really like working for this company. To bad I was gone before the Management.
Pros
lots of training on new equipment
Cons
management
Micromanaged to death
Repair Service Tech II - Depot Service Repair (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 2, 2014
All upper management micromanages your work daily eaven though they do not understand everything you do. They use average repair times to figure efficiency instead of a standard repair time. No raises, no flexiblility in your schedule. Mandatory overtime every other week and if you do not work it you are threatened with termination.
Pros
Cons
Everything is monitored, treated like children
Productive fun place to work and learn
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2014
Very fun and nice work environment, managers were always there to help, nice pay and co-workers were always fun to work with, got to travel to different areas of the city or even state at times, only bad thing is sometimes we had to work weekends but even that was not so bad it was only for a few hours
Pros
pay, always learning, get to travel
Cons
work weekends at times
A job that challenged me every day to be the best.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 31, 2013
I enjoyed working for tolt as it was in the field of computers and their repair.
Their were many great team members that would help at a moments notice and made it feel like family.
I am a problem solver and love to be challenged and Tolt gave me that in every aspect of my job.
The only negative thing I could this company is their policies and regulations were not held in high importance and as such the inventory suffered due to high volumes of discrepancies.
Tolt does not care about making employees happy
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Branch, TXNovember 2, 2013
Tolt does not care about making employees happy.
They constantly tell you to do things different ways and then say they don't
Micro manage things that don't need to be and overlook things that need better management.
The inventory system is horrible. After doing an inventory count, the system still tells you that you have either more or less of some parts than is actaul
Pros
Company vehichle
Cons
Management, Poor raises if any, inventory control
good workplace
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 17, 2013
liked working here. varied duties field service engineer . team spirit
Break/Fix
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 16, 2013
Repair broken equipment for customer. Return all parts. Fill out inventory sheet.
not a good place to work
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  erlanger, kyAugust 29, 2013
a typical day - being harassed on a daily basis to speed up amount of units repaired. To a point of being bullied.
The pay is atrocious. After a year I received a 25 cent raise.
the hardest part of the job is being able to put up with a boss does not know how to treat his employees.
The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving at the end of the day.
Pros
close to home
Cons
a boss who is a total jerk.
Very nice place to work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego CAJuly 3, 2013
Start at 8am and drive to customer locations. Check in with manager and replace or repair equipment in question. Check out with manager and continue on to the next store. It is great to have a company van so no use of personal vehicle is needed.
poor company
Rst (Current Employee) –  NCApril 30, 2013
Multiple new defective parts, no work life separation, no raises in 3 years, benefits are better found on your own.
Pros
company car
Cons
no life
Good managers, poor benefits
Point of Sale Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAMarch 2, 2013
Loved my Managers, hated the schedule and coverage area. Company provided a company car which was great.
Pros
good managers
Cons
poor benefits, long hours
No work/life balance. Oncall 365.
Field Tech I (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 9, 2013
Not uncommon to get called out in the middle of the night. This company relies upon the maintenance contracts it wins. Once the contract is up the company may have to rescale operations and that is how i moved into my next career position at another company.
Pros
fagetaboutit