Tolt Service Group

Tolt Service Group Employer Reviews

Working for Tolt Service Group
Regional Service Technician II (Former Employee), McDonough, GANovember 9, 2014
Pros: lots of training on new equipment
Cons: management
I worked with Tolt from California to Georgia. First it was my dream job. Then it became my worst nightmare. The job for a true break/fix tech. Is heaven. Tolts customers mainly are wall to wall customers. Meaning they take care of the entire store. So when you get to the store you can fix what ever is wrong in the store. Which makes your customers happy to see you.

So at the start I had the best management you could ever ask for. How about this, management that would go to bat for you. Really Steve Roswic really made you feel part of a team. We ran calls for this guy because of it. Once this contract was lost I moved to the Atlanta division. My first Mgr was OK. not much interaction. Due to the type of work we were doing. made seen him once or twice a month. After being there a while and being used to support other areas of the company from my position. I asked about moving up in the the company. Was told and showed that wasn't happening. Later after moving From deployment back to service. I then meet my supervisor. The supervisors supervisor. Never taking a stand on anything. tell you one thing then say another. really wasn't able to manage the division the way the customer needed or management. Then to add insult to it all. They hired a Regional Manager for tech company with no Technical knowledge. None. So the Atlanta customer was being hurt. Both by his lack of leadership as well at his lack of situation technical knowledge. They would never be in the field to understand what was happening with there techs. The Regional Mgr decided that it would better to pick out people to pick on. I went from on of the top 4 tech in the division in calls closed and first visit call closer to thee bottom of the list.

I really like working for this company. To bad I was gone before the Management.
Micromanaged to death
Repair Service Tech II - Depot Service Repair (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 2, 2014
Cons: everything is monitored, treated like children
All upper management micromanages your work daily eaven though they do not understand everything you do. They use average repair times to figure efficiency instead of a standard repair time. No raises, no flexiblility in your schedule. Mandatory overtime every other week and if you do not work it you are threatened with termination.
Productive fun place to work and learn
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 25, 2014
Pros: pay, always learning, get to travel
Cons: work weekends at times
Very fun and nice work environment, managers were always there to help, nice pay and co-workers were always fun to work with, got to travel to different areas of the city or even state at times, only bad thing is sometimes we had to work weekends but even that was not so bad it was only for a few hours
A job that challenged me every day to be the best.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 31, 2013
I enjoyed working for tolt as it was in the field of computers and their repair.
Their were many great team members that would help at a moments notice and made it feel like family.
I am a problem solver and love to be challenged and Tolt gave me that in every aspect of my job.
The only negative thing I could this company is their policies and regulations were not held in high importance and as such the inventory suffered due to high volumes of discrepancies.
Tolt does not care about making employees happy
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Branch, TXNovember 2, 2013
Pros: company vehichle
Cons: management, poor raises if any, inventory control
Tolt does not care about making employees happy.
They constantly tell you to do things different ways and then say they don't
Micro manage things that don't need to be and overlook things that need better management.
The inventory system is horrible. After doing an inventory count, the system still tells you that you have either more or less of some parts than is actaul
good workplace
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (Former Employee), Tempe, AZOctober 17, 2013
liked working here. varied duties field service engineer . team spirit
Break/Fix
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 16, 2013
Repair broken equipment for customer. Return all parts. Fill out inventory sheet.
not a good place to work
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), erlanger, kyAugust 29, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: a boss who is a total jerk.
a typical day - being harassed on a daily basis to speed up amount of units repaired. To a point of being bullied.
The pay is atrocious. After a year I received a 25 cent raise.
the hardest part of the job is being able to put up with a boss does not know how to treat his employees.
The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving at the end of the day.
Very nice place to work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), San Diego CAJuly 3, 2013
Start at 8am and drive to customer locations. Check in with manager and replace or repair equipment in question. Check out with manager and continue on to the next store. It is great to have a company van so no use of personal vehicle is needed.
poor company
Rst (Current Employee), NCApril 30, 2013
Pros: company car
Cons: no life
Multiple new defective parts, no work life separation, no raises in 3 years, benefits are better found on your own.
Good managers, poor benefits
Point of Sale Field Engineer (Former Employee), Canton, MAMarch 2, 2013
Pros: good managers
Cons: poor benefits, long hours
Loved my Managers, hated the schedule and coverage area. Company provided a company car which was great.
No work/life balance. Oncall 365.
Field Tech I (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: fagetaboutit
Not uncommon to get called out in the middle of the night. This company relies upon the maintenance contracts it wins. Once the contract is up the company may have to rescale operations and that is how i moved into my next career position at another company.
very stressful working environment
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), IllinoisDecember 19, 2012
Cons: every aspect of the business
I worked for Tolt for 5 months and was released without warning. Midwest Regional Manager runs business as a child right out of High School" no offense intended to high school grads"! Tools, training and work shirts promised and never provided. Employees expected to run as it was their personal business. Mid west manager not familiar with managing anything! When technician concerns arise, the problem never addressed. Also it seems as if there is never intention to resolve customer issues, only bluff your way through and hope for the best. What a "Disappointment".
Jobs security
Repair Technician Tech II (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: you don't have to worry about losing your job.

Cons: poor management, dirty environment to work, can't move up, manager took all the credits, poor insurance/benefits.

Other thoughts: fun place to work, you'll laugh all day at work, nice people,
Productive, Self- Starter Job, Great learning job.
Regional Deployment Installer (Current Employee), Houston,TxJuly 31, 2012
Pros: great starting pay, trust to do your job, nationwide, on-time pay
Cons: not enough work to stay consistent
A typical day at work is first starting the job on your time, as long as you finish the task that day. You will be communicating a lot with store managers as well as employees. Management is available by phone if you need them, but they trust you to know what you are doing. Management put a lot of trust in you to do the job, but if you need help, it's there.
productive and comfortable with environment
Accounting Assistant - From (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 15, 2012
I learned alot with this company. Coworker come and go but I get along with them well. Salary was fair
NA
Regional Service Technician II (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2012
Pros: na
Cons: na
NA at this time Day to day challenges offer out of the box thinking.

Tolt Service Group Photos