Tom's Food Center Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Aweful workplace
TEAM LEADER/GROCERY CLERK/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Portland, MIJanuary 14, 2016
Management is terrible, they are not considerate of their employees, no full time positions available, no benefits, not willing to work around schedules, no advancement, huge turnover, people in leadership positions that should not be there.
Pros
Good starter job.
Cons
Everything else.
relaxed atmosphere at times
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, MIApril 3, 2013
On a typical day at Toms food center I mostly faced items that were previously placed on shelfs. I occasionally bagged customers items and gathered carts. On the days that I opened or closed, the duties included general cleaning. I learned that there are many ways to get things done it just depends on who does it, for example when i gathered the carts I collected all the carts to one cart rack and took 10 at a time where as other coworkers went to each rack and took 2 trips per rack. My coworkers made the job enjoyable as well as some of the mangement. the hardest part of the job was when you ran out of things to do yet you had to do something.
Fun small town place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Portland, MIMarch 11, 2015
I really miss working here! There was always something that needed to be done, and I loved it! It allowed me to meet the people in my hometown and assist them with any shopping questions.
Bad place to work
Closing Manager (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIOctober 17, 2013
The Management was not as good as L & L Food Center. Customer
Services went down and the business loss a lot of good customers.The most enjoyable part of the job was reaching the closing hour.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
bad managemnt
Worked independently with little to no interruptions
Accounting/ Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, MIFebruary 9, 2014
Worked independently with little to no interruptions. Built the Pharmacy Accounts Receivables from the ground up. Supervisor was easy to speak to and talk about my concerns.

Want to know more about Tom's Food Center?

Ask a question