Tom's Food Market Employee Reviews

satisfactory
Part-time Sales Associate/Stock Float (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIOctober 5, 2017
It is a satisfactory job and I work with nice people. I appreciate that they have given me the opportunity to do my job that is beneficial to the company and allow for my own personal and professional growth.
Pros
weekend day off
Deli Clerk
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Acme, MIJuly 15, 2016
A typical day was going in first thing in the morning, getting all the food prep done for the day such as, making and prepackaging salads, pastas and sandwiches. Once the counter opened, I took care of the customers by serving them deli meat or even hot food. I got along great with my co-workers at Tom's. The management was good, they were always making sure the deli had the help they needed. The store manager would come into the deli to help prep food we didn't have time to do when we had a large capacity of customers. The hardest part was knowing I couldn't get ahead while working for them. You didn't have the chance to move up in the company or even getting full time without having to be there for at least 5 years. The most enjoyable part was again, the customers. Helping take care of others is what makes me happy, it has always made me happy.
Pros
Co-workers, Customers, Management
Cons
Benefits, Breaks you could only take inside
High School Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MINovember 30, 2015
Was a good job in high school and I loved the people I worked with. I moved away to college so I really don't have a lot to say besides this.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Great people
Dairy Manager/Front End (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIAugust 18, 2014
Fun co workers, everyone you work with knows you and cares you can advance and for the most part co workers are friendly and caring, even the owners got to know me by name and face
Break 15 minutes - half hour for lunch - Employee discount card
utility person and bagger, (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIOctober 17, 2013
Typical Day at Work - punched in on time - started work
What you learned - to be friendly to customers
Management - friendly
co-workers - friendly
hardest part of the job - can't think of anything
enjoyable part of the job - just glad to be working
Pros
glad to work and have a job w/reasonable pay
Cons
None, was on my wife's health insurance program
Great workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Northport, MISeptember 11, 2013
Tom's Food Market is a great place to learn customer service. You would be talking to people whenever you would be there, all the time. Although cashiers usually just stand at their station, you got to meet new people all the time, whether you worked with them or not. the hardest part would probably have to have been the standing up all day.
Not a bad workplace, but the hours and management weren't user-friendly.
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Interlochen, MIMarch 11, 2013
I did not mind the work I did as a Bakery Assistant but I did mind having to be there at 4AM and being penalized for being 1 minute late, and yet not praised for coming in on mornings I'm not scheduled in case the other assistant called in sick. I would have kept working the hours if the pay had been better, or the hours started later in the day, but I do not expect to return to this company.
Very Flexible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Northport, MIJanuary 7, 2013
I worked at Tom's Food Market in Northport and they always treated me well and were very flexible with their hours.
Pros
hour long lunch and two 15 minute breaks.
Cons
you have to shave daily and not the greatest compensation.
Fun place to work
Produce/Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MISeptember 13, 2012
A typical day includes prepping fruits and vegetables to be sold and put out on the sales floor, stocking the items that we carry in our store, keeping the prep area and cooler cleaned and organized up to Health Code standards. I would also help assist customers in finding what they need or recommending a particular item for a dish they wish to make.
Pros
very organized and structured.
Cons
short breaks

Want to know more about Tom's Food Market?

Ask a question