Tom Thumb Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible management staff
Stocker (Current Employee) –  DeSoto, TXMay 31, 2016
Poor Management when it comes to schedule! Hiring process took 3 weeks. They put you on the schedule but then when you get to work, they send you home! Horrible at communicating!!
productive work environment
Starbucks clerk / Baker/ Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Flowermound, TXMay 25, 2016
Good place to learn the values of being productive as well as learn how to handle food as well as train in the beginner stages of managment.
Good job for a highschooler
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXMay 20, 2016
Typical day was greeting a customer, scanning items, handling the transaction, and finishing up over and over again. Standard cashier work.
I learned a lot of codes that could help with future jobs, how to better keep track of a lot of things, and how to dissolve conflict customers come up with.
Management was friendly and helpful
Hardest part was standing for hours, bending over to get groceries out of the card over and over again.
Most enjoyable was helping the customers with my knowledge on the deals we offered.

Will add that, besides working for over 8 months, they will not hesitate to cut hours and hire more and more people until you get only 10 hours a week.
Pros
Leaning how to better multitask, employee discount
Cons
Hardly any opportunity to move up, easily cut hours.
poor atmospere
2nd asst. grocery manager (Current Employee) –  Flowermound, TXApril 9, 2016
worked for this company many years employees are wonderful ,company was bought out by albertsons last year,every since ,its become a hostile environment,managers can`t take vacations ,store managers talk down to employees ,they won`t let employees take vacations,the two companies have not came together as one ,no comunication from store directors or distric managers ,the company is allowing store managers to be over rough on employees.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
no lunches and no vacation time
I enjoyed my self here very much
Deli crew (Current Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXApril 8, 2016
Although i was only 16 at the time i had a blast working at game stop friendly co-workers and customers (most of the time). There is always a chance for a pay raise for doing well.
Quality service
DELI CLERCK (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 15, 2016
I love mi partners everyone vey nice people the taughy me everything without reservation about the merchandise, in deli, and bakery,
Pros
TESTER ALL THE FOOD
Fun to work
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXMarch 13, 2016
Came in at night with my friends, unloading the trucks, unwrapped the pallets, distributed the products through out the store, cleaned up the store, set up the displays and got the store organized. I learned to organize my time wisely. Management was great. My co-workers were great. Everything was enjoyable.
Pros
My friends
Cons
The schedule
Simple and easy to learn workplace
Closing Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMarch 12, 2016
I learned how to help costumers and handle them when they were angry or being unreasonable. The hardest part of the job was typically trying to get every customer out as fast as possible. I had a variety of co-workers ranging from High-schoolers, to college students, and several older persons.
Pros
Easy to learn, Excellent starting job
Cons
Few full time job opportunites, low pay, few opportunities to advance
Do not ever work here, no matter how desperate you are
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Management treats all of the employees as machines and not humans. Forced to get an enormous amount of work done in an unrealistic time frame, immediately get written up anyways. Only told what you're doing wrong, nothing on how to fix it or what you're doing right.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No breaks, unprofessionalism
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 22, 2016
Tom Thumb was a busy convenience store, where customers and employees were very diverse. The team was fun to work with, we would take turns doing jobs around the store. We always had something new to learn in the store, like when something broke down and someone had to figure out how to fix it. Co-workers were good people, and I'd say the hardest part of the job was being hired on at a time where there were many problems with one associate in particular.. but the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the regular customers enter the store and having fun and pleasant conversations.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
No lunch breaks

Want to know more about Tom Thumb?

Ask a question
very productive grocery store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 17, 2016
this was my first job i love the job and employees they was respectful helpful and they was there everytime u need them when you have a problem
Pros
free lunches discount
Cons
regular breaks
Friendly people, fast paced work environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Molino, FLFebruary 6, 2016
It was a good place to work, I always had something to do, they would work with me on what hours and days I worked. I enjoyed the fast- paced and friendly work environment.
Fun non-stop and fast store
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Love my Store, management, coworkers and the customers. It was a fast pace store. Cross training was always on the table. Moving up was a big thing to everybody. Management always was willing to help in any way that can,
Very much a well learning experience
Assistant Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2016
I worked in a couple of high volume store through my duration with Office Depot.The management team i worked with was a great experience, i learned something from everyone one of them.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Not enough time in the work day
Horrible
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 19, 2016
I worked there for over a decade... My boss would text me at all times of day and night, and we lived in fear of angering "'''''''''''''''company"'''''''''''''''''''' . Promotions were a joke.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Management.
Productive workplace with various advancements in job skills including floral, bakery, and cafe departments.
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 12, 2016
I learned how to organize the different areas in the bakery as well as design some of the orders. Similar skills were taught in floral as I learned how to create arrangements and run the desk. The Starbucks inside the store was my main job, learning how to both open and close down the cafe, learning how to handle inventory and date checks, and memorizing consistent drink recipes.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
hated it...
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Molino, FLJanuary 11, 2016
i hated working at tom thumb #62 in molino it was sloppy i was constantly being called in on my days off and when i needed days off i was always denied. the pay wasn't good and on 3 occasions my checks where shorted.
Convenient Store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJanuary 8, 2016
Help customers and employee with any questions they asked.
Provide support to employees
Schedule the upcoming week schedule for employees
Train new employees
most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find what they want.
hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that were upset
Great Learning Experience
Service Manager/Customer Service Center (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 2, 2016
Co-workers were wonderful and made everyday job duties very easy. Everyday presented new challenges that help you grow more patient.
Fun and active.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 1, 2016
It's the army, what is there to say? It's active, fulfilling, honorable, and simply fast paced. You either keep up or get out. It is hard work, but it's enjoyable. The rewards and pride are greater than everything.