Tomball Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

So-So
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXJune 23, 2017
General busy work in the kitchen that involves a range of task such as washing dishes and preparing items to be use in serving meals.

I have learned time management and and better ways to work around or within other coworkers jobs to make for a more fluid work environment.

Management is pretty handsoff when if comes to my general area of work so I can I don't have much interaction with them.

The workplace is generally OK given the high pace work involved but does have moments of high tension under stress.

Balancing life on a last second work schedule

Free meals
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Random work times
House Keeping
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXJune 17, 2017
It is not a place to keep working at for the lack of pay. Only stay for here for a minute or so don't stay for to long. Keep looking if you were to work there,
friendly enviroment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXMay 22, 2017
it was a nice friendly place to work but was a slow place. My manager was great, except HR was terrible and slow. took forever to get me through the system.
Pros
nice workers
Cons
slow pace
Review
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXMay 18, 2017
Tomball Regional was a great place to work. I learned a lot about teamwork there. I worked there as an agency nurse, and I relied a lot on effective teamwork to provide excellent patient care.
Telemetry Unit/ Medical Surgical
Registered Nurse II- Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXMay 1, 2017
If you are a new RN graduate, this may be a good place to start practicing. Management and workplace culture are not personal, everyone appears to come to work - do their job- and go home.
Difficult to get hours, patient census is down
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  TomballApril 19, 2017
Working at the Surgery Center for Tomball Hospital is rewarding and challenging. Great environment for a nurse. Working hours are weekdays only, no nights or holidays. Current patient census is low and has been this year so far causing decrease in hours.
Pros
Weekdays only
Cons
Difficult to get hours
Unethical workplace
Data Entry/Inventory Management Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXFebruary 16, 2017
I've worked at this hospital for about 4 years now and I would of not have the position I have now, had I not asked about transferring to it. It was considered a bilateral move from my previous position so there was no pay raise. Management treats others differently but then says they don't.
Workplace culture is tense and have to safeguard yourself so someone doesn't throw you under the bus for a gain.
The hardest part of the job is not having opportunity to move up or more pay raise compensated for the work. I'm expected to do 2 other's job plus my own and get paid the same amount for one.
was a fun place to work before CHS
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Worked at TRMC for 16 years, wonderful place, daily problems of HR, Benefits, until was bought out by CHS, then down the hill, they let anyone go that had any tenure
Pros
decreased lunch prices
Cons
fun place to work, good hours, good people
A great starting point!
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXJanuary 30, 2017
TRMC is a very nice place to start your career if you're just coming out of school or just have little experience. They're very understanding and give you a platform to learn and gain real world work skills. My immediate bosses are pretty good, I don't see the 'higher ups' much. The most difficult park of my job (like any other hospital) is dealing with confrontational patients that don't want to talk. The best part is definitely the culture. I enjoy my co-workers for the most part and if you're able to think for yourself (as far as office gossip goes) it's a really chill atmosphere. That being said, the patient access services position doesn't really afford the opportunity to move up, they pretty much force you to move OUT if you want to advance. Therefore, it's a good starting point.
Pros
3.5 day work weeks, rotating weekdays off to get things done, decent healthcare benefits
Cons
12 hr shifts with only 30 minute lunches, tough to handle people if you're sensitive, ever changing rules and policies
Cash Analyst Manager / Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXJanuary 22, 2017
The pay at most hospitals is not great...that being said - every other aspect of working at Tomball Hospital is great. The culture is very family oriented. People seem genuinely happy to work there. Management is on point.
Pros
Great culture, great people
Cons
Pay not so great
Professional RN's beware
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXJanuary 7, 2017
Forget about all those things you learned in nursing school or the University about shared governance or clinical collaboration with physicians because it doesn't happen here in Tomball, TX. This so called hospital has the back woods mentality and is nowhere near being progressive. The doctors have horrible attitudes and God-complexes where they know all and don't want RN's that can think for themselves. I remember teaching a patient of mine the rationale for being on the heparin drip but the attending physician became upset when he heard me teaching the patient and family. He said it wasn't my place to teach that to them and said it was his place not mine. I told him I was trained in the Texas Medical Center where RN's and MD's collaborate by working together for a common goal. Trust me avoid hospitals like this if you want to advance in the medical field! The management is trying to please the doctors and make themselves look good on a spreadsheet. For example, they lowered staff pay across the board even though the staff warned they would go work elsewhere. The mentality at Tomball Regional is about 50 years behind the times. BSN trained RN's are too knowledgable for the doctors and other staff members. Co-workers are typically upset for unrealistic assignments without any support.
Pros
No commute
Cons
Not a real hospital, bad doctors, poor management
I gained experience and skill in adult care
IMU, Staff RN II (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXOctober 4, 2016
This facility did not seem to have a culture of it's own. It was a great place to learn, and I am thankful for the opportunity they gave me, however, I desired to work for a facility with a reputation for nursing excellence and more opportunities for professional growth.
Small local hospital, need more supplies , promotes within
Nurse's Assistant/Phlebotomist/Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXAugust 4, 2016
Good hospital offers great incentive for over time promotes from within offers continuing education able to chose schedule for the six week period
Fast paced
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXFebruary 15, 2016
Tomball is a very fast paced facility that keeps the cases moving. Everyone worked well together to make sure the instrumentation/supplies were ready and available for every case.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Long hours (because of trauma/CV call)
Trmc
Plebotomist PRN (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXDecember 5, 2015
Tomball Regional Medical Center provides a high level of job security and a comfortable work environment. TRMC is close to home and the people are really friendly.
Pros
friendly management
Cons
short breaks
Terrible place to work!!
patient access (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXNovember 12, 2015
horrible place to spend 40+ hours per week, employees were rude and mean, never worked in a place where so many people were so unhappy and management did nothing,
Pros
Cons
so many employees who disliked each other
Ups & Downs..Like any other job.
Patient Access Services Representative I (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXNovember 3, 2015
I enjoy the job-but I don't always have the stomach for the ER. It gets hard sometimes watching how cold the nurses and Drs can be to patients that are sick and dying. But I guess they developed a callous towards people, which they have. Other than that, it's a nice place to work.
Pros
Awesome benefits of course, great experience to move forward with
Cons
Rude nurses, bit disorganized management
Productive and fun activity groups with geriatric patients
Activities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXOctober 26, 2015
Fun place to work in a geriatric psychiatric setting. The patients are a joy to get to know and work with to get better cognitively, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
CCU review
Registered Nurse-CCU (Former Employee) –  CCUOctober 14, 2015
CCU was a great place to work. I loved the people I worked with and would still love to work there except I moved. I would work there again.
Pros
Great People to work with
Cons
too far to drive since I moved
Productive and professional work place
Float Pool Nurse Technician PRN (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXSeptember 23, 2015
I perform patient care, assisting people of all age groups and communicating with Nurses/Doctors. I work night shift, 7pm to 7am. I have gain knowledge on s/s of diseases. Along with hands on skills like, IV starts and blood draws. I love what I do!
Pros
I meet a lot of people and gain tons of medical skills
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tomball Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Tomball Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location