Tomlinson & Associates Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SCSeptember 22, 2017
I switched from day to day, so that it was never boring. Sometimes I worked ring customers up on the cash register and others I would price merchandise and mark them with price tags along with gift wrapping. Then sometimes I would be in charge of cleaning and organizing.
Pros
Employee Discounts On Store Merchadise.
Cons
No Overtime & Never Got More Than 30 Hours Per A Week.
Money Hungry Management
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Rupert, IDMay 8, 2017
Treated as an object and not an employee. No praise for work performed, instead reprimanded because you didn't meet expectations. Low pay for work required of an employee. No opportunities for growth. Absolutely no communication among employees from the corporate office.
Pros
the few co-workers that make the job fun
Cons
pay, benefits
No growth
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Treasure valleyApril 11, 2017
No growth opportunities. Also, they don't appreciate any effort you put in to take care of the community. Money is their business that's it. A good company will treat you as a person not an object.
At your own risk
Maintenance DepartmentMaintenance department (Former Employee) –  Boise IdahoMarch 23, 2017
This company has no concept of team work.
They will overwork you then complain about how much overtime you have. There is nothing redeeming about this company my advice is to avoid working for Tomlinson and associates unless you're a glutton for punishment or just plain stupid!

During the interview they will neglect to mention that their pay is only once a month this is most likely due to the Thomason's family greed or laziness.
Pros
There are none
Cons
they will lie to you straight to your face.
Stagnant environment with toxic people
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  PayetteFebruary 2, 2017
If you enjoy drama, deceit, and evil co-workers; this is the place for you! Did I mention the long, dull days dull of constant tenant complaints and worries? Bed bugs are rampant in these apartments so get ready to fought those along with the backstabbing bosses in Boise.
Need a raise? Well better go get a job somewhere else. You're going to be waiting a while.
Company was very unfair and had very unreasonable benefits.
Employees were not treated with respect. Boss was scattered and flaky at corporate level.
Vulture like atmosphere.
Beware!!!
Pros
Unsupervised
Cons
Too many to list
Its okay
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 9, 2017
great company that offers many new and exciting opportunities as well as growth. every day there is something new to learn and great experiences to be had.
Poor management & ruthless employees
Site Manager / Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Filer, IDOctober 20, 2016
Be prepared to take sleeping pills to help you get through the day with this job.
You will experience all levels of complaints from petty to downright scary. Managers face challenge of creating enemies when faced with eviction, lease violations, etc.
Employees stab each other in the back, corporate atmosphere is cold, unhelpful.
Lots of drama.
Corporate and sites are not very professional.
Do not give raises when promised, very HIGH turn over rate at sites and corporate.
Keep looking if you're searching for a job.
Pros
Cons
Benefits were outrageous, too expensive. Low pay. Long hours. Overtime must be approved. Poor management. High turn over.
Enjoyed the residents
Apartment Manager (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDAugust 19, 2016
The worst part about this job was the manager. The best part was the people I got to meet. There was always something new for me to do and new people to meet. There were bad days but that's life.
Learning the ups and downs of a property manager...
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Burley, IDMay 15, 2016
Going to the office and reviewing the schedule for the day.Every day is a different day with income certifications and,Change in circumstances.Screening applications for new tenants to move in. I learned that not all people qualify to live in low income housing. As a property manager we don't get to lease violate anyone with out approval from headquarter. Working along side Co-Workers is a great advantage when you all can work together as a team. Learning the paperwork was the hardest for me to learn. Corporate has a specific order that paper work has to be sent in.I enjoy the end of the day 5pm
Pros
Like the people i work with
Cons
Job needs to pay more
Good company with a few short comings
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 14, 2014
A typical day was going into the office and seeing if the residence had any work orders and finishing any turns from exiting residence. I learned several construction techniques and repairs. Upper Management was present and was not very visible unless there was an issue, Mid Management was less then desirable. I enjoyed what I did and the people that liven in my community,
Pros
the people you took care of were great
Cons
too much politics
This job was stressful at best and not fufilling.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDApril 23, 2014
I worked in the office with applicants for apartments. The contract was always read to the applicant and any questions answered. We opened the office and checked to make sure that everything was in order and working properly. Then it was time to check the apartment units that were for rent, to make sure they were ready to go and available. All the time, there were questions to be answered for the different tenants. There were opportunities for doing advancing clerical duties, The deposit was made and balance with the computer. Calls were made to tenants on issues with apartments, non-payment of rent,destructive use of the apartments.
The owners(managers) were in a different town and sometimes they were hard to get hold of, when you needed them. The co-workers and I got along great, we all knew our duties and the standards that we met for the overall good of the business. The hardest thing was having to meet with someone that was not following the rules of the complex and they either had to follow the rules or leave. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet with people and showing them the excellent apartments and answering questions, and being able in the spring to walk around the complex and see how beautiful it was.
Pros
Serving the clients
Cons
Not enough management involvement.
Resident Manager
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJune 24, 2012
I would start work a 9am, I took money and filed over 50 documents on every costumer that came in. I would set up interview with future guests and process all paperwork to move them in under state HUD program. After lunch I switched hats and was the maintence guy. I cleaned apartments, painted replaced doors, water heaters anything that needed fixed. I clocked out at 5 but was always on call.

I loved this job because I was always talking to people
Pros
free place to stay
Cons
always on call

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tomlinson & Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7