Tommy Bahama Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work at.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 9, 2016
Working at Tommy Bahama has been a great experience. It has taught me to be more open and engaging, and from that, it let me step out of my comfort zone. It also made me realize that approaching people and having conversations with them rather than just pushing to sell items leads to a better sale. All the workers and managers were amazing, optimistic, and energetic, making the job less like a duty. I enjoy talking to the customers because everyone has a different story to tell, and you will never know who you might encounter.
Pros
Half off of everything.
We make life "one long weekend!"
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 22, 2016
My goals are to give the customer the most amazing experience possible. As the definitive lifestyle brand we seek to elevate the guests experience and allow the to live the Tommy Bahama life.
Fun work place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 18, 2016
I love the work environment and the friendly staff very welcoming.. I love the benefits and the managers are very cool. Overall Tommy Bahama is a productive but easy going work environment.
Fun place to work.
customer service and cashiering (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 7, 2016
Friendly atmosphere. Fun Island experience.
Management needs better training.
Fellow employees are well trained.
Store needs to be staightened daily. Sales are fun. People are friendly.
Very enjoyable place to work.
Pros
50% off on clothing
Cons
Not enough bathroom breaks
Everyday is Paradise!
Learning and Development Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 5, 2016
Loved working for the internal and external Guests! Life was one long weekend!
My co-workers were amazing!
Guests were superfans which was so great to see.
Pros
Great people
Cons
NA
Slow, but great people to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 29, 2016
I love working at Tommy Bahama because I have some really cool co-workers and I meet some very interesting guests. The part I hate about working there is the fact that it can be so slow most of the time. The hardest part about the job is having to conversate with the guests who come in. Our main priority to talk to the guests and make them feel like they're with friends, but it's hard to talk to a stranger as your friend when you know nothing about them and they know nothing about you. But, I have met some weird and interesting guests while working there. They actually make my day at work worthwhile.
Pros
You have a 30 min. lunch if you work more than 5 hours
Cons
It's so slow, you get a 10 min. break if you work only 5 hours or less
Great Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 15, 2016
I have worked for Tommy Bahama for 2.5 years and I love the way the company allows it's employees to connect with guests and provide an unforgettable experience. I enjoy the company philosophy of being relaxed, but hard working. I have worked for 3 different locations, all with the same core values but different managing techniques and procedures. My only issue is the lack of stability in hours, and the lack of advancement. I have tried to move up in the company and despite my good rapport with my higher-ups, i am never considered.
Pros
Bonuses, Good Pay, Raises
Cons
No stable hours, no advancement
churn and burn
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 15, 2016
It's retail. With everyone shopping on line now, most jobs in retail are part time. Not a livable wage, so you will need at least one other job. If you are a student, retiree or housewifey then it will be ok. Easy to get hired. They are always looking for seasonals and temps or part timers. Younger and cuter even better. The good, you can dress casual and be comfortable. You won't be in constant danger of losing your job for weak sales or not opening credit cards like a big department store. The bad, no holiday pay, comp days for working holidays, no break room or cleaning people. You are the cleaning staff - floors, bathrooms, get ready! Some stores have a faster pace than others. If you can land in a slower store then things will be pretty chill. Tommy Bahama is a mens brand run by men. Pretty old school. They have not fully entered the modern world where women have a place at the table. This has hurt forward progress. I love guys but you know they would rather drive around not actually knowing how to get somewhere than ask for directions. That's the car you will be riding in. It's a paycheck but don't expect much else.
Pros
can wear comfortable clothes and shoes
Cons
going nowhere fast
Fun, laid-back culture
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 5, 2016
Tommy Bahama is a great company for young professionals looking to gain experience and grow in the retail industry. Training is thorough and comprehensive and there are always opportunities for advancement for those willing to grow.

The guests who shop the brand make the job enjoyable. They are fun and super knowledgeable about the products so it makes the job of the employees that much easier.
Pros
Uniform pieces, great benefits, team-based working environment
Cons
Average pay, no set schedule, large restructuring of corporate enviroment
Make Life One Long Weekend
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 9, 2016
A lifestyle brand company that stays true to its core values. Each day inspires you to create an environment that allows our guests to relax while shopping. The company challenges us to elevate ourselves to execute and deliver this experience while maintaining the day to day functions of running a store. I like to refer it to a duck swimming in the water. It's appears to be floating around effortlessly while it's feet paddle quickly to get where it needs to go. It has taught me how to be more passionate, know fun details, share the experience with both my internal and external guests.
Pros
Company culture and lifestyle brand
Cons

Want to know more about Tommy Bahama?

Ask a question
Good work environment; good workforce
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMarch 2, 2016
Server position, where the ability to move up in ranks is easily attainable.
A typical day would include working with co workers through an 8 hour or more shift, serving guests throughout the shift. Keeping a good attitude and atmosphere throughout the workday. Knowing all drinks and other services that are offered for each guest.
Co-workers work together for a common goal and keep the spirits up throughout the entire shift.
The hardest part of the this job would be the hours, working until late hours of the night makes it hard to do other things during the day or night whichever is the opposite of the shift worked.
The part of the job that I enjoyed the most was doing something new every chance I was given and making sure that I got the best out of everyday, including the days that were not as good as others.
Amazing Company and Amazing People
MOD (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 18, 2016
Literally one of the best companies anyone can work for... all employees are paid well... expectations are not set extremely high for sales or productivity... management does not berate you constantly... you get discounts in retail AND restaurant... company is really focused on offering great work/life balance and never wants you to bring work home...
Pros
great discounts, laid back managing style
Fun Seasonal Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 3, 2016
It was a great seasonal job. Met many great people and enjoyed the island atmosphere. Would definitely recommend to others.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Tommy Bahama is a relaxed atmosphere. Where we like to "Make Life one Long Weekend"
Floor Supervisor/visual merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Productive and positive work environment.
Opportunities to grow with the company.
Employees genuinely like to help the guests and turn into their personal shoppers.
Pros
Benefits, Free uniform pieces, dry cleaning
It was pretty structured
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  St. Louis GalleriaJanuary 20, 2016
I enjoyed working at Tommy Bahama. I was able to build my clientele up to over 50 people within 6 months. I was the top part-time sales associate at that location. I just didn't like that I was told that I would receive at least 20 hours per week, and was cut all the way down to 9 hours. I had to work two other part-time jobs just to make extra money for my household.
Pros
free clothes
Cons
short breaks for long shifts
Relaxed but proffesional work enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 20, 2015
In the time i have worked at Tommy Bahama i have had lots of fun, got to interact and to meet guest from all parts of the world that enjoy the brand's quality, and the personalized guest experience that the teams provide. Management is pretty flexible with schedules and understanding with the workers. The hardest part of the job is the hours and the pay, which is average in relation to the volume and price point of the product that is sold. The most enjoyable part is the benefits of the company, the team that you work with, the culture, and the returning Tommy Bahama guest that have followed the brand for years and have an amplitude of knowledge.
Pros
Relaxed environment, great co-workers, flexible schedules, good management, great culture.
Cons
Almost below average pay, odd hours.
an amazing company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tamuning, GUNovember 20, 2015
very fun and relaxing work environment, management is very understanding and helpful. Co-workers are never boring. NOthing is hard about working there. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able create a life time customer service to all your customers.
Pros
being able to be yourself, they provide you with Tommy Bahama Clothing to wear for uniform
Cons
not enough hours given
Interesting product and different culture
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2015
Product is designed to serve a particular guest and the culture of the company is that of island life style. Guests that you work with are usually repeat and long term guests. Host in store events that other retail companies don't do.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Salary range
Everyday Tommy Bahama
Sales Stylist (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLNovember 15, 2015
Loved working with my co-workers. They made it easy to balance work life and personal life. In a tourist location, meeting interesting clients was a normal day thing. There wasn't a day where it seemed like we couldn't handle all tasks that needed to get done.
Pros
The clothes and discounts
Very focused, with set goals. Professional and fun
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 14, 2015
I have only worked with this company for a couple months, but thus far everyone is friendly and very helpful when it comes to questions. Everybody is professional and has the same goal in mind.
Pros
Free lunch. Great attitudes
Cons
no smoke breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tommy Bahama. Our community is ready to answer.