Tommy Bahama

Tommy Bahama Employee Reviews

Tommy Bahama is a relaxed atmosphere. Where we like to "Make Life one Long Weekend"
Floor Supervisor/visual merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Productive and positive work environment.
Opportunities to grow with the company.
Employees genuinely like to help the guests and turn into their personal shoppers.
Pros
Benefits, Free uniform pieces, dry cleaning
It was pretty structured
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  St. Louis GalleriaJanuary 20, 2016
I enjoyed working at Tommy Bahama. I was able to build my clientele up to over 50 people within 6 months. I was the top part-time sales associate at that location. I just didn't like that I was told that I would receive at least 20 hours per week, and was cut all the way down to 9 hours. I had to work two other part-time jobs just to make extra money for my household.
Pros
free clothes
Cons
short breaks for long shifts
Relaxed but proffesional work enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 20, 2015
In the time i have worked at Tommy Bahama i have had lots of fun, got to interact and to meet guest from all parts of the world that enjoy the brand's quality, and the personalized guest experience that the teams provide. Management is pretty flexible with schedules and understanding with the workers. The hardest part of the job is the hours and the pay, which is average in relation to the volume and price point of the product that is sold. The most enjoyable part is the benefits of the company, the team that you work with, the culture, and the returning Tommy Bahama guest that have followed the brand for years and have an amplitude of knowledge.
Pros
Relaxed environment, great co-workers, flexible schedules, good management, great culture.
Cons
Almost below average pay, odd hours.
an amazing company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tamuning, GUNovember 20, 2015
very fun and relaxing work environment, management is very understanding and helpful. Co-workers are never boring. NOthing is hard about working there. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able create a life time customer service to all your customers.
Pros
being able to be yourself, they provide you with Tommy Bahama Clothing to wear for uniform
Cons
not enough hours given
Interesting product and different culture
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2015
Product is designed to serve a particular guest and the culture of the company is that of island life style. Guests that you work with are usually repeat and long term guests. Host in store events that other retail companies don't do.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Salary range
Everyday Tommy Bahama
Sales Stylist (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLNovember 15, 2015
Loved working with my co-workers. They made it easy to balance work life and personal life. In a tourist location, meeting interesting clients was a normal day thing. There wasn't a day where it seemed like we couldn't handle all tasks that needed to get done.
Pros
The clothes and discounts
Very focused, with set goals. Professional and fun
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 14, 2015
I have only worked with this company for a couple months, but thus far everyone is friendly and very helpful when it comes to questions. Everybody is professional and has the same goal in mind.
Pros
Free lunch. Great attitudes
Cons
no smoke breaks
Live life like one long weekend. -Motto
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2015
I really do enjoy working for this company, it is a fun and relaxing place. I live by all the motto's and even promote the brand by wearing it even when I'm off.
Pros
We have restaurants and pay well with great benefits
Cons
Grownth within the company
Fun work place very friendly Atmosphere
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 25, 2015
A typical day start by getting everything ready for service setting up the lines, with a fresh made cup of coffee, checking with Chef for any changes on menu. The day goes very fast and quick.
The hardest part (not really) is when we have 2 or 3 parties all at once. Co-workers are very easy going, helpful. The most enjoyable is knowing that we made good food for our customers and there were no mistakes on the special orders.
Pros
Free lunch, Dinner, we can take home left overs from parties, free sodas
Cons
Promotions and reviews
Productive and fun workplace with great management
Selling Specialist (Current Employee) –  the Mall at Johnson City, TNSeptember 19, 2015
I enjoy going to work everyday. I love the product I sell, Tommy Bahama, and all the other mens' items in our department. I don't mind when customers bring items up from downstairs if they have difficulty locating an associate to assist them. I love the hours I work (I don't have to start too early) and my typical day is busy and productive. I have learned a great deal about the retail business since I first started in Estee Lauder as a seasonal employee, in Intimate Apparel where I worked part time and in Moderates where I worked full time. But I especially love being the Tommy Bahama Specialist where I currently work. Our management is very courteous, professional, helpful and understanding. My co-workers are the same way; I enjoy the teamwork atmosphere. The hardest part of my job is probably the standing on my feet all day. The most enjoyable part is the customer service and clietelling part of my job. I love greeting customers when they come into the store and letting my presence be made known as well as asking if there is anything that brought them into the store that day that they need any assistance with. My goal is to try to exceed their expectations and make it easier for them as individuals with individual and unique needs to get what they are looking for. My clientele and repeat/regular customers are my favorites because I really get to know them, and not just by name.
Pros
qu
Too corporate
Employee (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 17, 2015
This company is way too right wing corporate. Every little thing done, said, or witnessed is passed on to HR and to the higher ups
Pros
Free clothes
Cons
Hostile work environment.
Productive, fast paced environment with ample room to grow
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAAugust 18, 2015
I love working at Tommy Bahama in Palm Desert. The staff is friendly and team oriented and the management is supportive. I have learned more about the restaurant industry here than any other job I have ever worked and I have also had the amazing opportunity to learn some very valuable life lessons as well. Tommy Bahama is an extremely busy restaurant and bar with ample opportunity to make money, advance in the company, and provides its employees with respect.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Short breaks
Over seeing the selling team, exceeding daily goals
Floor Manager, Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 7, 2015
Happy enviroment to work in, selling to one guest at a time, maintaining company standards, going above and beyond for guest shopping,
Pros
Free clothing allowance, can give employee discount to friends and family
Cons
no cons
Wish I had never left
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2015
A typical day at Tommy Bahama was fun. We had a great mix off people that honestly enjoyed each other. The atmosphere was pleasing to the senses. Very clean and organized. Management was enjoyable and laid back. Co-workers were like family. The hardest part of the job was sometimes making sells. The brand was very specific. It was basically vacation clothing for the upper socioeconomic group. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we would have our biweekly party with virgin pina coladas.
Pros
Grat atmosphere and got to travel twice
Cons
Sometimes hard to make sells
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJuly 8, 2015
relaxed lifestyle brand high energy and great products. Our guests are what makes my day better. Great place to work. Employees are well trained and ready to make our goals. Hardest part of my job would be not being able to find something a guest wants.
Great job if you are looking for part time work or are retired
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2015
Laid back atmosphere. Helpful product knowledge. Co workers fun to work with. Healthy work/life balance. Store manager was inappropriate and fostered and environment of conflict
Pros
Worked with my full time work schedule
Horrible Work/Life Balance
Guest Services Representative, Tier II (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJune 26, 2015
They make you feel like the company is all about relaxing, but it constantly turns into 60 hour mandatory work weeks. Beware! Pay is good, but you sacrifice your home life.
The guest atmosphere was fun and exciting
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAJune 22, 2015
Loved the consumer, hated the management. didn't care about our personal time and never really compensated us for our hard work. management could have been a lot stronger.
Pros
Fun shoppers, relaxing uniform pieces
Cons
bad workplace
Stock Coordinator
Stock Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Primm, NevadaJune 19, 2015
Really fun job. I loved working with customers as well as stock. It was a very unique job. I got to get computer experience as well as fax experience.
Cool and overall relaxed workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 15, 2015
Tommy Bahama was overall a great place to work. Day to day it was very straightforward, come to work, check sales goals, hit the sales floor, exceed the goals and go home when your shift is over. My managers were all great fun people and I enjoyed working with them all. Each and every one of my co workers were all around awesome people and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know each and every one of them. I would say the only hard part of the job was trying to meet projected sales goals on days when almost no customers were coming in i.e rainy days etc. I overall really enjoyed the job because I love interacting with the customers on a day to day basis.
Pros
Customer Interaction
Cons
Slow days