Tommy Bahama Employee Reviews

Fun place to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Was fun helping customers, a great place to work for. Was nice to have a once a month meetings do we could be informed of any new sales or changes in the store. Great coworkers.
Pros
They provide free clothing, 50%off on merchandise and on the restaurant for employees.
Cons
I was only seasonal temporary
Relax fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  National Harbor, MDFebruary 1, 2017
Love working for Tommy Bahama very relax you can take off when need it great working environment love the benefit the company has to offer very fun place to work and it stress free you don't work long hours
Productive and fun place to work
Cook/Event assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 29, 2017
This is a good place to work, employees are like family very friendly and helpful. The place in general is nice and neat. The manages are friendly and helpful.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits
Cons
No applicable
Restaurants
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Wailea, HIJanuary 28, 2017
Nice restaurant
Busy at night
A lot of multi tasking and smiling to guest
Customer service experience

No set schedule
Low pay
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 18, 2017
It is a very fun environment. Talking to consumer about how their vacation went, what they explored, and what they ate during the trip.
The clothes are very nice and feels great, although sizing is a bit bigger than usual sizing. The work environment is very easy going, I was able to get along with all my coworkers just fine. Management was also very great, we both worked out situations that needed to be addressed. They were very flexible in scheduling and made sure everything was in order before they made it the final schedule. The hardest part of the job would have to be when the store was extremely slow, not too many customers on some days. The most enjoyable would be the days that are not slow, just enough work to free time ratio.
world class customer service
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 12, 2017
helping people shop was great. was rare that a customer was extremely irate and couldn't be calmed. they always do whatever it takes to delight the customer. world class customer service was the motto. coworkers are extremely helpful. management was 50/50 on friendly and professional.
Professional working environment
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 12, 2017
Overall, the environment is professional and coworkers are friendly and work well together. Maybe one of the more difficult aspect of working there was dealing with micro-management from the parent company though they mean well most of the time.
Pros
Employee sales
Cons
Employee sales
Corporate doesn't care about associates
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 12, 2017
The company has went down from an associates point of view in the past year. Operationally as well as organizationally. If something doesn't get better there will be only TB online in five years with no brick and mortar. Very disappointed as I am in corporate and feel no security or stability.
Productive and friendly enviornment
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 12, 2017
Over all it is a great company....I enjoy the people and the job experience. Most of all I enjoyed the employee relations that gave me an even warmer approach with the position.
Productive and fun company to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Key Largo, FLJanuary 11, 2017
It improved my client relations and interpersonal skills. As well as, enhance my ability to multi-task and manage time. My co workers are awesome and make my day better at work. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping clients put outfits together and help them find what they're looking for.
Retail
FT Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Good company to work for when I was there, it's been years so I can't speak on them from present terms. I know they made a lot of chances in the recent years with a new CEO and remodeling all stores to create a better customer experience, seems like a good company to work for still last time I visited to purchased some suits.
Used to be a great company to work for
Returns Clerk (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJanuary 1, 2017
Used to be a company that valued their employees and you could tell that they did, but has slowly moved away from that culture
Schedules can change with extremely short notice, especially around the holidays
Required to work extra hours on weeks when there is a holiday so you don't actually get overtime pay
Employees are told that if they don't like something about the work place the door is right over there
Management is disengaged or overly controlling
Coworkers are for the most part nice to work with, but many are beginning to be run down and are getting tired from over work
Hardest part of the job is the heat in summer and cold in winter
Most enjoyable part of the job is the pattern recognition and problem solving
Pros
great benefits, 401K, employee sales, stock options
Cons
varied schedule, extreme temperatures, poor management
Great people, Great Company!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 9, 2016
Great people, Great Company!

Extremely progressive and diverse culture! Artists, Designers, and Executives, every day was an exciting new experience.
Pros
Fast paced, High Profile
Laid back environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2016
Fun place to work, flexible with my school schedule, but wish there was more traffic flow in the store. Coworkers were great and very helpful. Was able to help out a lot with visuals.
Harassment
Employee (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXDecember 1, 2016
They are very harassing and unprofessional. Very crooked when it comes to the way the do business. Managers drink at work and they accuse the folks who aren't outta guilt!
Love the clothes!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLNovember 30, 2016
It can be fun during busy times but can also get very boring. If you love the clothes and working in retail this is the best place to do it.
You are asked to make contact with guests to thank them for their business and let them know about upcoming promotions and events.
Many people return often, Tommy has a good customer base.
Pros
a new piece every other month, 50% off apparel, 40% off homegoods
Cons
late nights and weekends
Nice people fun environment
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2016
The store was very visible to corporate so we had a lot of fun events in store and the discount was great. I think advancement is feasible in a reasonably short time as long as you work hard.
Great Culture
Quality Control Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 20, 2016
Great company culture but too many home grown managers that have little experience outside of Tommy Bahama. Management needs an huge overall.
Poor management, your just an employee #
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLNovember 18, 2016
Opened Jupiter. Worked 50something hours a week for months but was hired as Part time employee so I never recieved increased hourly or benefits. When questioned, they said "nothing they could do" .Management didnt listen to concerns bc upper management had to agree. Necessary changes took months. Was very disappointed and left with a bad taste in my mouth. All of our trainers were amazing and loved the stores they came from. Guess they just dropped the ball on this one. One or two managers were great and understanding but couldnt help much.
Pros
Great food half price
Cons
Slow unorganized kitchen that constantly made mistakes!
Very spread out
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 17, 2016
Not a big market share in North East. Hard to partner with others.
Whole market is your biggest competition.
Employee appearance standards were a challenge for female team members.
Pros
company has good furture
Cons
woman's clothes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tommy Bahama. Our community is ready to answer.