Tommy Bahama

Tommy Bahama Employee Reviews

Very relaxed atmosphere
Stock Coordinator (Current Employee), Kansas CityMay 3, 2015
very structured with clear instructions which makes it easy to do the job. Flexible in hours which means you can have a social life outside of the job.
Good Experience
Stockroom Coordinator (Current Employee), Katy, TXApril 27, 2015
A good company to work with to gain retail experience, learning good guest service skills. Communication is the key to success with working with the team and trying to keep a good atmosphere.
a great job with flexible hours and an awesome staff. a great place to work if you are attending school, would recommend to students.
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), tulalipApril 23, 2015
Tommy Bahama like to balance work with personal life !
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edgewater, MDApril 10, 2015
The Tommy Bahama culture is very enjoyable and the spirit of the culture is visible through out the store from the clothing,visual,sales staff. .
Very Relaxed atmosphere
Floor Supervisor Women's Division (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 28, 2015
Pros: free uniform pieces
Cons: no break room
Lots of room for improvement. Feel like no one takes their job seriously. Great product and great feedback from buying office.
Lots of potential for growth especially in the women's division.
I took on the women's business over a year ago and have brought my store annual business in women's to over 1.4 million.11% increase and still trending up this year.
Fun Enviroment and Unique Clentele
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free product and additional product at deep discounts
Cons: Poor Upper Level Management
Competitive pay and fun product to sell. A unique clientele and relaxed culture are a plus. Poor management and difficult to advance.
Plenty of ups and downs. But most of all a great learning experience.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free clothes
Cons: varying hours, sometimes little to none.
A typical day at work is rather ongoing, it requires that the sales associate be upbeat, aware, and helpful with the guests. A sales associate on any given day will deal with; confused guests, irritated guests, phone calls, restocking, and learning the new clothing items. The hardest part of the job is to stay motivated when times are slow or when hours are low. The most enjoyable part is perhaps the part when you truly connect with a guest and make a lasting impression.
Fine Job
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Short Pump, VAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: 50% off clothes
Fine working conditions and staff. Day to day sales and operations. Am very successful here, but am looking for a position that does not require weekend work.
Going above and beyond for all the guests
Sales Associate (Current Employee), White Plains, NYDecember 13, 2014
Making friends on the job and being able to trust them is a great part of the job. We have each other's backs when we are stuck in a difficult situation. We are always working with people who mostly know what they want and our job is satisfying their needs and going above and beyond for them.
Love the company
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), marylandNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free clothes, pay, people
Cons: none i can think of
I love working for Tommy Bahama, the brand is unlike any I have seen before. The atmosphere is great the people I work with is great. The work load is never too much, Over all great company to work for. A typical day at work is pretty slow especially on a week day depending on your location. The company motto says it all " make life one long weekend" it`s a pretty relax job.
Friendly, uplifting environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee), Woodburn, ORNovember 3, 2014
Pros: as an employee i got 50% off all clothes and 40% off all accessories, amazing people to work with
Cons: no benefits since it's part time/seasonal, not very much space in the backroom, very expensive clothes even on discount
Tommy Bahama is full of team members who really want to be there. Their goal is to sell a vacation to you through their products. A typical day at work consists of constantly greeting customers which are guests here, performing duties that the supervisor needs us to do, and ringing up sales at the cash register. There is always someone organizing clothes or helping someone with an answer to questions or concerns. I learned that it's possible to have fun while you work and that providing excellent customer service is the most important aspect of the job. Since I am a new employee, the hardest part is standing for a long period of time since I was used to sitting down while teaching piano lessons.
Fast paced and relaxing environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free clothes, healthcare
Cons: late shifts
Tommy Bahama is not your usual retail store we have great music, very friendly personalities, and loyal guests. I've really come out of my shell and learned how to really connect with the guests. I get a lot of support from my management. The toughest part of my job is inventory and early morning shifts. the most enjoyable part is interacting with my most loyal clients.
A well rounded workplace
Sales Associate/Stock Coordinator (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: good hourly pay, great training
Cons: hours were sometimes small and traffic is sometimes slow
I definitely was able to move up in this job, and the training and growth was excellent. A typical day being part-time ranged from 3 to 8 hours, and was spent mostly with sales and communicating with guests in the store. I learned several retail tactics, as well as information on inventory and overall sales goals and store goals. My co-workers were excellent. Friendly and willing to help when necessary. The hardest part of the job was trying to make sales when our traffic was slow. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to successfully close a sale and make our customers feel welcomed.
Relaxed
Lead Floor Sales (Former Employee), Foley, ALOctober 14, 2014
Enjoyable clientele with very meager pay. Not to aspire to under certain management.
Productive yet easy going.
Sales (Former Employee), Chandler, AZSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: discount on clothing
Cons: short breaks
Laidback. Gained communication skills. Friendly management and co-workers setting great environment. Hardest part was being restricted to certain areas when having to meet goal of sales. Customer interaction.
Biweekly processing of payroll.
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 15, 2014
Multi state payroll processing. Learned about the restaurant and retail industry. Fun company to work for.
good learning experience
Team Leader (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: good experience
Cons: too much work
good learning experience. you learn how to overall be professional answer phone calls and handle paper work. which are key skills.
Busy work environment
Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Cons: full time employees are not guaranteed 40 hours
Helping customer and working the registers. answering phones and taking care of customer requests. putting away merchandise. those are just some of the things i have to do in a typical day. the hardest part of my job i would say is probably the hours i have to work, they are never the same and the store closes late.
Co-workers are great here, and that makes work really enjoyable. I really enjoy meeting new people and building friendships with the clients i have in the store. In working this job i have learned merchandising and visual floor standards. i am also safety captain here so in turn i am working with one of the floor managers and distribute the safety meetings every month.
my first job, my favorite family
Seasonal Stock coordinator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 24, 2014
this wasn't just my fist job. this was an amazing opportunity. fun, fast pace and inviting environment where everyone's willing to help and set you up with the skills that you need to grow and flourish.
It's not as RELAXED as you think ..
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sunrise,FLJuly 10, 2014
Pros: customers first, sales, employees
Cons: management, hours, pay
This company is not a company that i would recommend any one to work for that wants to be treated with respect and fairly. Management is extremely poor all they do is stand around and gossip while the employees are busting their butt's for sales. You don't work off commission but you are required to make sales everyday with a high sales every month. The hours are not good and never guaranteed because when the store does not have sales the season is slow because the clothing is ridiculously expensive.

However, the employees you work with are friendly and welcoming. It's an easy job if you mainly make assisting your customers and checking on them your task, which will help also increase your sales. Overall my favorite part of working is when our store use to have mini party's and bring bands to play Caribbean music outside the store and food for customers and employees.

Good luck with trying to find parking.

1 2 3 4

About Tommy Bahama

About Tommy Bahama Tommy Bahama is part of Tommy Bahama Group, Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of Oxford Industries, Inc. (NYSE:OXM). – Read more

Tommy Bahama Salaries