Tommy Bahama Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work at.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 9, 2016
Working at Tommy Bahama has been a great experience. It has taught me to be more open and engaging, and from that, it let me step out of my comfort zone. It also made me realize that approaching people and having conversations with them rather than just pushing to sell items leads to a better sale. All the workers and managers were amazing, optimistic, and energetic, making the job less like a duty. I enjoy talking to the customers because everyone has a different story to tell, and you will never know who you might encounter.
Pros
Half off of everything.
Good Retail Experience
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXAugust 24, 2016
Good place to work if you are in retail. Higher end products and higher end clients. TB expects you to have product knowledge and outstanding customer service skill. Plenty of training available. There is no such thing as a 40 hour work week or overtime if you are ASM down.
Pros
Free clothing for "uniform"
Cons
Retail does not pay well
Slow, but great people to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 29, 2016
I love working at Tommy Bahama because I have some really cool co-workers and I meet some very interesting guests. The part I hate about working there is the fact that it can be so slow most of the time. The hardest part about the job is having to conversate with the guests who come in. Our main priority to talk to the guests and make them feel like they're with friends, but it's hard to talk to a stranger as your friend when you know nothing about them and they know nothing about you. But, I have met some weird and interesting guests while working there. They actually make my day at work worthwhile.
Pros
You have a 30 min. lunch if you work more than 5 hours
Cons
It's so slow, you get a 10 min. break if you work only 5 hours or less
Wonderful place to work
Guest Service Representative Tier II (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 31, 2016
I love working here. Everyone is so accepting, and really looks to help you grown and advance within the company. You truly are a part of a team while working here. As long as you are coach-able and open to learning you will do well here.
Pros
Friendly; fair; approachable management
Cons
Long hours; not enough workers
Great Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 15, 2016
I have worked for Tommy Bahama for 2.5 years and I love the way the company allows it's employees to connect with guests and provide an unforgettable experience. I enjoy the company philosophy of being relaxed, but hard working. I have worked for 3 different locations, all with the same core values but different managing techniques and procedures. My only issue is the lack of stability in hours, and the lack of advancement. I have tried to move up in the company and despite my good rapport with my higher-ups, i am never considered.
Pros
Bonuses, Good Pay, Raises
Cons
No stable hours, no advancement
Fun, laid-back culture
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 5, 2016
Tommy Bahama is a great company for young professionals looking to gain experience and grow in the retail industry. Training is thorough and comprehensive and there are always opportunities for advancement for those willing to grow.

The guests who shop the brand make the job enjoyable. They are fun and super knowledgeable about the products so it makes the job of the employees that much easier.
Pros
Uniform pieces, great benefits, team-based working environment
Cons
Average pay, no set schedule, large restructuring of corporate enviroment
Make Life One Long Weekend
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 9, 2016
A lifestyle brand company that stays true to its core values. Each day inspires you to create an environment that allows our guests to relax while shopping. The company challenges us to elevate ourselves to execute and deliver this experience while maintaining the day to day functions of running a store. I like to refer it to a duck swimming in the water. It's appears to be floating around effortlessly while it's feet paddle quickly to get where it needs to go. It has taught me how to be more passionate, know fun details, share the experience with both my internal and external guests.
Pros
Company culture and lifestyle brand
Fun place to work.
customer service and cashiering (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 7, 2016
Friendly atmosphere. Fun Island experience.
Management needs better training.
Fellow employees are well trained.
Store needs to be staightened daily. Sales are fun. People are friendly.
Very enjoyable place to work.
Pros
50% off on clothing
Cons
Not enough bathroom breaks
Good work environment; good workforce
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMarch 2, 2016
Server position, where the ability to move up in ranks is easily attainable.
A typical day would include working with co workers through an 8 hour or more shift, serving guests throughout the shift. Keeping a good attitude and atmosphere throughout the workday. Knowing all drinks and other services that are offered for each guest.
Co-workers work together for a common goal and keep the spirits up throughout the entire shift.
The hardest part of the this job would be the hours, working until late hours of the night makes it hard to do other things during the day or night whichever is the opposite of the shift worked.
The part of the job that I enjoyed the most was doing something new every chance I was given and making sure that I got the best out of everyday, including the days that were not as good as others.
Amazing Company and Amazing People
MOD (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 18, 2016
Literally one of the best companies anyone can work for... all employees are paid well... expectations are not set extremely high for sales or productivity... management does not berate you constantly... you get discounts in retail AND restaurant... company is really focused on offering great work/life balance and never wants you to bring work home...
Pros
great discounts, laid back managing style
great enviornment/ company vibe
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLAugust 18, 2016
great environment/company vibe. one of the most relaxed environments that I've ever worked in and especially with it being at such a unique location it really stands out.
It was pretty structured
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  St. Louis GalleriaJanuary 20, 2016
I enjoyed working at Tommy Bahama. I was able to build my clientele up to over 50 people within 6 months. I was the top part-time sales associate at that location. I just didn't like that I was told that I would receive at least 20 hours per week, and was cut all the way down to 9 hours. I had to work two other part-time jobs just to make extra money for my household.
Pros
free clothes
Cons
short breaks for long shifts
We make life "one long weekend!"
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 22, 2016
My goals are to give the customer the most amazing experience possible. As the definitive lifestyle brand we seek to elevate the guests experience and allow the to live the Tommy Bahama life.
Great work enviornment
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 2, 2016
Out of all the food/bar industry locations that I have worked Tommy Bahama's was definitely the most relaxed while still maintaining a high level of service for the guests.
great workplace.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJuly 28, 2016
great workplace, greeting customers daily, helping customers non stop. answering phones calls and questions.ringing up customers daily, having them sign up for our guest registery.
Everyday is Paradise!
Learning and Development Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 5, 2016
Loved working for the internal and external Guests! Life was one long weekend!
My co-workers were amazing!
Guests were superfans which was so great to see.
Pros
Great people
Cons
NA
Fun work place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 18, 2016
I love the work environment and the friendly staff very welcoming.. I love the benefits and the managers are very cool. Overall Tommy Bahama is a productive but easy going work environment.
Tommy Bahama is a relaxed atmosphere. Where we like to "Make Life one Long Weekend"
Floor Supervisor/visual merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Productive and positive work environment.
Opportunities to grow with the company.
Employees genuinely like to help the guests and turn into their personal shoppers.
Pros
Benefits, Free uniform pieces, dry cleaning
an amazing company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tamuning, GUNovember 20, 2015
very fun and relaxing work environment, management is very understanding and helpful. Co-workers are never boring. NOthing is hard about working there. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able create a life time customer service to all your customers.
Pros
being able to be yourself, they provide you with Tommy Bahama Clothing to wear for uniform
Cons
not enough hours given
Relaxed but proffesional work enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 20, 2015
In the time i have worked at Tommy Bahama i have had lots of fun, got to interact and to meet guest from all parts of the world that enjoy the brand's quality, and the personalized guest experience that the teams provide. Management is pretty flexible with schedules and understanding with the workers. The hardest part of the job is the hours and the pay, which is average in relation to the volume and price point of the product that is sold. The most enjoyable part is the benefits of the company, the team that you work with, the culture, and the returning Tommy Bahama guest that have followed the brand for years and have an amplitude of knowledge.
Pros
Relaxed environment, great co-workers, flexible schedules, good management, great culture.
Cons
Almost below average pay, odd hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tommy Bahama. Our community is ready to answer.