Tommy Bahama

Tommy Bahama Employee Reviews

Great job if you are looking for part time work or are retired
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2015
Pros: Worked with my full time work schedule
Cons: Management
Laid back atmosphere. Helpful product knowledge. Co workers fun to work with. Healthy work/life balance. Store manager was inappropriate and fostered and environment of conflict
Horrible Work/Life Balance
Guest Services Representative, Tier II (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAJune 26, 2015
They make you feel like the company is all about relaxing, but it constantly turns into 60 hour mandatory work weeks. Beware! Pay is good, but you sacrifice your home life.
The guest atmosphere was fun and exciting
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee), Canoga Park, CAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Fun shoppers, relaxing uniform pieces
Cons: bad workplace
Loved the consumer, hated the management. didn't care about our personal time and never really compensated us for our hard work. management could have been a lot stronger.
Stock Coordinator
Stock Coordinator (Former Employee), Primm, NevadaJune 19, 2015
Really fun job. I loved working with customers as well as stock. It was a very unique job. I got to get computer experience as well as fax experience.
Cool and overall relaxed workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 15, 2015
Pros: Customer Interaction
Cons: Slow days
Tommy Bahama was overall a great place to work. Day to day it was very straightforward, come to work, check sales goals, hit the sales floor, exceed the goals and go home when your shift is over. My managers were all great fun people and I enjoyed working with them all. Each and every one of my co workers were all around awesome people and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know each and every one of them. I would say the only hard part of the job was trying to meet projected sales goals on days when almost no customers were coming in i.e rainy days etc. I overall really enjoyed the job because I love interacting with the customers on a day to day basis.
Fun product and team
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), MassachusettsJune 1, 2015
Pros: Great Discount, great team to work with, fun atmosphere
Cons: At the time, there were no other positions in the area to grow into
Loved working at Tommy Bahama! Great teamwork and great product. Always provided with all the tools needed to make and exceed sales plans.
Management Turn Over is Ridiculous
supervisor (Former Employee), chandler AZMay 7, 2015
Pros: benefits are good if you qualify, free clothes always nice
Cons: poor managment and high turn over
The management is lacking. When I worked there, the store manager got promoted to Regional 2 months after I was hired. A new Store Manager was hired but didn't start until June. ( I was hired in March). The Assistant Manager returned from maternity leave and did her best to help the new store manager and train myself. A supervisor left shortly after I started. Another supervisor was hired and quit after memorial day sale due to being overwhelmed due to lack of training. I pretty much got training on the fly. It was good at the beginning but once the store manager left my training stopped and I still had alot to learn. Winter holiday season rolled around and the new store manager took a medical leave until March, and the ASM left to pursue a different career before christmas. A new assistant manager was brought in with zero training. Store manager returns only to announce that he is quitting. The management team had consisted of a third supervisor who was given training packets to read and that was the extent of her training, my self and a clueless assistant manager who now gets promoted to store manger. The regional manager avoids coming to the store that is slowly falling part but still manages to make sales goals. the sales goals are unrealistic for during the week, not taking into consideration the majority of the clientele that comes in have no intention of but much less can even afford to shop there.Weekends are understaffed and the staff available is over worked. I was getting written up for petty things like forgetting to sign off a daily log. The only perk was the free clothing. My pay was $14/hr as a supervisor which for what we put up with on a daily basis was not enough. I wasn't perfect at the job but I did my best being that I am only human but warning they want more. The sales people I worked with were wonderful to work with too. There are a lot of egos and politics that I was tired of so I am glad I am no longer there.
Very relaxed atmosphere
Stock Coordinator (Current Employee), Kansas CityMay 3, 2015
very structured with clear instructions which makes it easy to do the job. Flexible in hours which means you can have a social life outside of the job.
Good Experience
Stockroom Coordinator (Current Employee), Katy, TXApril 27, 2015
A good company to work with to gain retail experience, learning good guest service skills. Communication is the key to success with working with the team and trying to keep a good atmosphere.
a great job with flexible hours and an awesome staff. a great place to work if you are attending school, would recommend to students.
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), tulalipApril 23, 2015
Tommy Bahama like to balance work with personal life !
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edgewater, MDApril 10, 2015
The Tommy Bahama culture is very enjoyable and the spirit of the culture is visible through out the store from the clothing,visual,sales staff. .
Very Relaxed atmosphere
Floor Supervisor Women's Division (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 28, 2015
Pros: free uniform pieces
Cons: no break room
Lots of room for improvement. Feel like no one takes their job seriously. Great product and great feedback from buying office.
Lots of potential for growth especially in the women's division.
I took on the women's business over a year ago and have brought my store annual business in women's to over 1.4 million.11% increase and still trending up this year.
Fun Enviroment and Unique Clentele
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free product and additional product at deep discounts
Cons: Poor Upper Level Management
Competitive pay and fun product to sell. A unique clientele and relaxed culture are a plus. Poor management and difficult to advance.
Plenty of ups and downs. But most of all a great learning experience.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free clothes
Cons: varying hours, sometimes little to none.
A typical day at work is rather ongoing, it requires that the sales associate be upbeat, aware, and helpful with the guests. A sales associate on any given day will deal with; confused guests, irritated guests, phone calls, restocking, and learning the new clothing items. The hardest part of the job is to stay motivated when times are slow or when hours are low. The most enjoyable part is perhaps the part when you truly connect with a guest and make a lasting impression.
Fine Job
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Short Pump, VAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: 50% off clothes
Fine working conditions and staff. Day to day sales and operations. Am very successful here, but am looking for a position that does not require weekend work.
Going above and beyond for all the guests
Sales Associate (Current Employee), White Plains, NYDecember 13, 2014
Making friends on the job and being able to trust them is a great part of the job. We have each other's backs when we are stuck in a difficult situation. We are always working with people who mostly know what they want and our job is satisfying their needs and going above and beyond for them.
Love the company
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), marylandNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free clothes, pay, people
Cons: none i can think of
I love working for Tommy Bahama, the brand is unlike any I have seen before. The atmosphere is great the people I work with is great. The work load is never too much, Over all great company to work for. A typical day at work is pretty slow especially on a week day depending on your location. The company motto says it all " make life one long weekend" it`s a pretty relax job.
Friendly, uplifting environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee), Woodburn, ORNovember 3, 2014
Pros: as an employee i got 50% off all clothes and 40% off all accessories, amazing people to work with
Cons: no benefits since it's part time/seasonal, not very much space in the backroom, very expensive clothes even on discount
Tommy Bahama is full of team members who really want to be there. Their goal is to sell a vacation to you through their products. A typical day at work consists of constantly greeting customers which are guests here, performing duties that the supervisor needs us to do, and ringing up sales at the cash register. There is always someone organizing clothes or helping someone with an answer to questions or concerns. I learned that it's possible to have fun while you work and that providing excellent customer service is the most important aspect of the job. Since I am a new employee, the hardest part is standing for a long period of time since I was used to sitting down while teaching piano lessons.
Fast paced and relaxing environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free clothes, healthcare
Cons: late shifts
Tommy Bahama is not your usual retail store we have great music, very friendly personalities, and loyal guests. I've really come out of my shell and learned how to really connect with the guests. I get a lot of support from my management. The toughest part of my job is inventory and early morning shifts. the most enjoyable part is interacting with my most loyal clients.
A well rounded workplace
Sales Associate/Stock Coordinator (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: good hourly pay, great training
Cons: hours were sometimes small and traffic is sometimes slow
I definitely was able to move up in this job, and the training and growth was excellent. A typical day being part-time ranged from 3 to 8 hours, and was spent mostly with sales and communicating with guests in the store. I learned several retail tactics, as well as information on inventory and overall sales goals and store goals. My co-workers were excellent. Friendly and willing to help when necessary. The hardest part of the job was trying to make sales when our traffic was slow. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to successfully close a sale and make our customers feel welcomed.
Revenue