Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews in United States

very motivated staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  5th AvenueJuly 21, 2016
a typical day at Tommy Hilfiger consisted of a Manger starting the day with sales plan, and goals. Ive learned how to approach customers in a variety of ways. Management was supporting everyone on the floor to help the staff reach our sales goals. The most enjoyable part working for Tommy Hilfiger is using my fashion experience and knowledge and styling my customer/ clients and making sure they leave the store happy and ready to come back again.
Pros
Working for the Company
Cons
N/a
Great Company to Work For
Assistant (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYJuly 20, 2016
Great people, TH really cares about their employees. Cool projects, very diverse and young. Great for entry-level as well. People are generally open to new ideas.
Pros
work environment, fashion industry
Cons
depending on manager work-life balance can vary
amazing workplace and great perks
Assistant Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2016
Back in the day Tommy would bring musical guests to perform for his employees. You'd get to go to fashion shows at MSG too. We even got stock options and payouts when the stock split.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wrentham, MAJuly 15, 2016
I learned good customer service, the co-workers were friendly, management was nice and friendly, the most enjoy able part of the job was watching the customers leave satisfied
Productive and Supportive Environment
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Freeport, MEJuly 14, 2016
A wonderful place to work for. While my customer service skills have been developed, so have countless other lifetime skills. In management, operations, loss prevention, human resources, controllables, and personal relationships to name a few. Every day is different in a progressive and challenging way. Management in the store and upper levels have given me full support in my dreams and future endeavors.
Tommy Hilfiger
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2016
I love this place they just didn't want to give more advancement opportunity and be more flexible with schedules and pay more.
managers depend too much on lead
SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 8, 2016
my time working there the managers expected me to pick up their slack and sit on their phone. as a sales lead im there to be a leader to the associates. the company is a great company to work for but the managers at that particular store did not care about what i had going on they changed my week schedule literally almost every day to compromise with what they wanted to do in their daily life and when i had something i wanted to go do all of a sudden they cant change the schedule around. i hope that store the best but that management is not the best only 2 managers understood why i was leaving and saw how much i had to do. if i was busy they would get called to the registers but make me go up there and sit in the office on their phone.
Fast paced, with inadequate compensation for the work
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CAJuly 7, 2016
Great team to work with. Management team lacked communication, and didn't mesh well. Little to no training for new hires, even management. The culture and environment of outlet retail is very different from your full price, everyday mall stores, which makes day to day very draining. Irregular schedule and hours makes it hard to have a normal life. Absolutely NO option for overtime. Basically, what I learned is that this is not where I want to spend the rest of my life.
Pros
Employees, Great discount (including Calvin Klein and Van Heusen)
Cons
Horrible treatment by customers, no real training, irregular hours and schedule.
Make Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 25, 2016
Your goal as a sale associate is to make sales and keep the store's product nice and neat. There's a lot of international clientele so having a good knowledge of the product is required to sale the product.
Pros
Discounted product
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
A Regular day at Tommy.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXJune 23, 2016
I arrive to work 10 minutes early and clock in on time. I look for the blinder which tells me what position i will be taking on the hours I was assigned to work. if I'm assigned into the cash register I call a manager or a lead to put me on. As I wait i tend to greet people as they walk in the store or help any customer close by. Once I'm on I tend to charge the customers as they are formed and ready to pay but if i have no customer in line. I clean my area and start recovering the store and i ask customers if they need help. I'm always willing to stay extra hours and come in early if they need any more help on the sales floor.
Pros
works with availability, nice breaks, nice team members
Cons
not much hours

Want to know more about Tommy Hilfiger?

Ask a question
Tommy Tommy Tommy
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 18, 2016
Tommy was great. Some coworker were really cool. Discount was good. Really liked that I can take 1 or 2 weeks off if needed. Didn't like asking for customer info and getting donations and it was recorded and put on a leader board. I actually got a write up for being below the percentage.
Pros
discounts, days off
Cons
data capture
very fun job
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OHJune 15, 2016
Tommy Hilfiger was a very fun fast paced place to work you would meet all types of people assist them with finding the style and, and a little bit of your own style to the clothing as well to help them find good quality clothing.
Pros
discount on tommy hilfiger clothing
Cons
store space
Great Company to work for!
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAJune 13, 2016
I didn't expect too much from Tommy when I started working for them, but I soon discovered that the company seems to have their stuff together despite a current bleak retail market. The management seemed a bit misguided at times, but I appreciated their effort to make my experience with them comfortable. Each day I'd come in with the ability to set my own schedule, while considering the other manager's. I loved my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was the political aspect of moving up within the company. Due to a recent hiring freeze, moving up within the company became hard. If someone didn't particularly like you, even though others on the management team did, your likelihood of moving up was quite low.
Good First Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJune 12, 2016
I worked at Tommy Hilfiger for almost a year, my days at work included helping customers find merchandise that they wanted to purchase or try on, greeting customers who walked in and out of the store, and folding clothes in my section.
Pros
Amazing management team, some opportunity to grow
Cons
Unstable hours
Got along with everyone
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2016
I came and worked hard everyday, i also helped on the cash register when things would get busy. I would help close and restock any items that would be running out. It was a great and fun job.
Tommy Hilfiger
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 2, 2016
Tommy is a great company to work for. A typical working day consists of being able to help customers find the correct Clothes. in this job either you were working as a cashier or on the floor.
Customer service driven company
Associate Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, NYMay 26, 2016
A day of work at my job consists of processing shipment, customer service, filling the floor to make sure that all styles and sizes are represented on the sales floor.
Retail environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  OrlandoMay 23, 2016
A typical day at work included guarantee of customers sizes. assisting with display customers complaints/and concerns .ensuring 100% quality customer service.
love this place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 23, 2016
Working here was one of the best experiences. I made life long friends and connections. A typical work day included customer service, cleaning, organizing, and folding. The hardest part of the job was the commute and holiday season.
Great work environment
Sr. Technical Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2016
Tons of work, but for a great company with awesome coworkers. The teams are strong and have a way to make challenging days, easier to cope with.
Pros
Excellent benefits, onsite gym
Cons
Sometimes a challenge with work/life balance