Toni & Guy

Toni & Guy Employer Reviews

Great place to get your hair done!
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 4, 2013
Complete professionalism in any kind of cut or color you are looking for, wonderful people to connect with to achieve that look!
Toni & Guy
Colorist Assistant (Former Employee), chandler, AZJune 20, 2012
Pros: education based
Cons: no family time or personal time
Toni & Guy is an education based salon that tries to advance their employees. They have some benefits, I learned a lot from them about fashion as well as hair. The hard part was not having a whole lot of time for yourself or family.
a professional work place
Hair dresser Apprentice (Former Employee), Bexleyheath, ENGJuly 12, 2014
• Washing and Blow drying hair/Assisting Stylists
• Key holding/Cash handling
• Booking Appointments/Reception Duty
• Promoting the store/cleaning
Fashion and Hair combined
Style Consultant (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJune 19, 2014
Style clients and make them aware of the latest trends in Fashion and Hair.

Sell Hair Products that they could benefit from
Enjoyable at times
Hairdressing Assistant (Former Employee), HuddersfieldMay 28, 2014
Pros: entered competitions
Cons: long hours, little pay, treated unfairly
Cleaning the salon, making tea and coffee, being a team player, washing client hair, dyeing hair, cutting hair, blow drying, learning (City and Guilds), entering competitions, product knowledge, making clients feel comfortable, talking to them and being friendly and professional.
productive
Trainee Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Victoria, ENGMay 8, 2014
-meeting and greeting clients
-taking dring orders
-assisting stylists and colour technicians
-attending classes with l'oreal
productive
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), Stockport, ENGApril 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
This experience has given me a wider understanding of communicating with customers as well as staff and has increased my confidence generally.
n/a
Technical Director (Current Employee), manchesterMarch 31, 2014
As a technical Director I deal with customers on a day to day basis, customers expecting to receive the best in colour and the best in customer service. I pride myself in meeting these expectations. I am also heavily involved in training and developing the junior colour technician and helping the Juniors decide upon their future career paths. I also – more... take lead on colour corrections within the salon – less
Good fun place to work
Receptionist/ Manager (Current Employee), EdinburghMarch 7, 2014
Pros: free hair cut
Cons: long hours
A receptionist is often the first business contact a person will meet at any organization. It is an expectation of most organizations that the receptionist maintains a calm, courteous and professional demeanor at all times, regardless of the visitor's behavior. Some personal qualities that a receptionist is expected to possess in order to do the job – more... successfully include attentiveness, a well-groomed appearance, initiative, loyalty, maturity, respect for confidentiality and discretion, a positive attitude and dependability. At times, the job may be stressful due to interaction with many different people with different types of personalities, and being expected to perform multiple tasks quickly. – less
Stylist-Sales-Admin (Former Employee), Merry Hill, ENGMarch 5, 2014
I have worked within the hairdressing industry since leaving high school. My determination and passion for hairdressing meant that I was awarded the role of stylist at the age of 17. This was a huge achievement and resulted in me becoming an important member of the Toni & Guy team at a young age.
Fun workplace.
Hairdressing Stylist/Trainee Technician (Current Employee), Marlow, ENGFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: lunchbreak, free time when you have no clients.
Cons: poor money.
Working at Toni & Guy has been challenging at times but every second has been worthwhile.
I went from being a College trained Hairdresser to a Stylist at Toni & Guy just after one year of working within the company.
I can cut hair into almost every style a client would want and my confidence level of doing so has excelled.
My confidence in talking to – more... different clientele has also excelled.
People assume being in the Hairdressing industry is quite competitive but the girls i work with are amazing, not only are they my collegues but they are my best friends. We help each other within the salon and outside the salon.
Toni & Guy has been challenging when it comes to learning new things but because we love our job so much it is an exciting challenge.
I love every part of my job to making clients feel amazing to being with my collegues. – less
meet loads of lovely people
Trainee hair dresser (Former Employee), Northampton, ENGFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: lovely people
Cons: late nights
i worked with the best people ever had a great time here i learnt so much in so little time but went to london as a model with them was the best having my hair done and walking down that catwalk but it was great.
I totally enjoyed my working life for the past 10 years. The environment and customer services are next to none.
Front of House Manager (Former Employee), Braintree, ENGFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: free hair cut/colour and staff discounts on products
Cons: long and variable hours
My typical day was to ensure that the salon delivered the amazing customer service that our clients expect. The Perfect Salon concept was our aim. A typical day was taking bookings, seeing to clients and staff alike, all general administration including creating procedures/forms, processing invoices, cash handling, staff rotas, all personnel issues, – more... health & safety, maintenance and lots more.

I actually brought a lot of expertise to the salon but I believe that we all learn something most days.

Going to work was always enjoyable working with the younger generation and learning new fashion ideas.

The hardest part of the job was getting staff to be consistent and their understanding of the importance of health & safety. – less
good
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), SolihullNovember 28, 2013
worked in a very busy salon ,having to hit targets, very stressful at times
Great Foundation to learn very classic , precise work .
Apprentice (Former Employee), High Street, ENGNovember 19, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: salary
Inspirational people to work with , exceptional standards and ideal location a varied and fun clientele . Always learning and given the best and most thorough training available and this is where I discovered my passion for hair . I enjoyed going to soiree's and I have only dreamed of reaching the level that I am at now .
Fun workplace.
Junior Stylist (Former Employee), Bath, ENGNovember 15, 2013
Pros: seeing the customers happy
Cons: ocasional rude customers
A typical days work at Toni & Guy involved around providing a memorable salon experience to each customer. When customer arrives take care of them ask if I could take their coat if they would like anything to drink and then show them to their seat where you engage with them and get into depth about what exactly they would like to do with their hair – more... today. Also to answer the phones and great other peoples customers with friendly, kind manner, booking appointments and taking payments. I learnt in this industry to really listen to what the customer wants and make sure they are happy and pleased with the end product. My management and co workers were all so easy to get along with throughout the day when working we all helped each other out if the other person needed anything it would be provided. The hardest part of the job was when some customers could be quit rude if they wanted something that really just couldn't be done. The most enjoyable part of working here was knowing your working within a worldwide known company with some lovely people, also seeing the end product you created and seeing the customers happy. – less
Excellent, team environment and fantastic company to work for
Top stylist (Former Employee), shrewsburyOctober 24, 2013
Pros: getting my hair done for free
A typical day at work involved managing my own column and inbetween helping the team keep the salon and workplace tidy. Also, helping out on reception and another of my job roles was training the assistants which I thouroughly enjoyed.
Hardest part of the job was it could get very exhausting by the end of the day, but the most enjoyable part was meeting – more... all my wonderful clients and of course co-workers. – less
Welcoming work place
Receptionist (Current Employee), FleetSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: half price products and free hair cuts/colours
Being a receptionist this has improved my service skills and my confidence with customers as a whole. I look forward to my days working at Toni and Guy, every day is different.

I work on a saturday, this is our busiest day of the week which involes people constantly phoning up to book appointments, cancel appointments or genraly ask questions. Having – more... regualar clients or new clients coming into the salon for hair appointments, my role is to let the styilsts know when their next client is in the salon. Cashing up at the end of the day and ensuring that all sales where completed properly – less
Fun Atmospher
Head Receptionist (Former Employee), SwanseaJuly 22, 2013
My role of Head Receptionist at Toni & Guy involved my manning the front of house desk where my responsibilities included, maintaining an appointment database of 70 plus clients per day, customer liaison, purchasing stock for the salon and running the end of day accounts.
Good company to work for
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 19, 2013
Pros: hair shows, meeting new people
Cons: long hours
Everyday work was like a new challenge meeting new clients and seeing regulars always made the day fly by, I learnt a lot from the company from the day I started till the day I left they were always willing to teach me new things. management and co workers were very easy to get along with as long as the job was done they were very easy going.the hardest – more... part of my job was having to hand in my notice and leave due to moving away from london, the most enjoyable part of my job was the start of my day seeing which clients i had in and seeing my goals for the rest of the day. – less