Tony's Fine Foods Employee Reviews

Makes me want to come to work each day
Inside Sales Support (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAAugust 11, 2016
Tony's Fine Foods is a very fun environment to work in and makes me enjoy my days at work. Every person from each department provides a lot of knowledge and makes you feel comfortable to ask questions if you need help or have questions about something.
Is a funn place to work co workers are very friendly supervisor is a cool guy.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Truckee CAAugust 2, 2016
If like to drive and meet new people this is the place to work you get to meet a lot of nice people in the places where you make deliverys. You'll learn all of the routes but after a while you stick with only one route for the whole week.
Pros
Yeah some times you get free lunch and free milk cheese and fish
Cons
Short breaks if you are a class A or class B driver you don't get paid over time wich I didn't lake
Great place to make good money and invest plenty time
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJanuary 7, 2016
Really good pay, benefits and the job itself is not bad by far. The extreme hours (no family and free time) and negative people make it hard to deal
Pros
Good pay, Benifits
Cons
Too much mandatory overtime Extremely nageative environment/culture (sink or float mantality)
food distribution shouldn't be this hard
Pricing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 16, 2015
This is not a diversity friendly office atmosphere. absolutely no training and no support. If the supervisor doesn't like you on a personal level she will make work very difficult to complete then write you up for poor performance. I have nothing nice to say about this company or some of its management.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
systematic discrimination
Productive workplace with challenging and exciting work
Purchasing Champion & Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJuly 28, 2015
My days vary, depending on what needs to be accomplished at that time. I learned a lot about informal leadership and process improvement best practices. In addition to this, I've worked a lot with IT as a business lead during software implementations, created numerous dashboards, developed strategies to open warehouses, and performed market research on potential new locations.
Great company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAApril 2, 2014
This is where i learned almost all of my forklift knowledge as well as everything about the distribution workplace. Everything was great
Accounts Payable did it done it
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CADecember 19, 2013
Gained a tremendous amount of accounts payable experience. Learned about logistic, pershiable food distribution and never went hungry while at work. If your on a diet it wouldn't last that long working at this company. There is always food in the break room. The smell of food samples is present daily. I good experience while it lasted. I gained a lot of transferable skills I could bring to the next workplace.
Pros
Fun at first
Cons
Given too much work for one person to handle.
Fast Paced, Awesome Management.
Customer Returns/Inventory (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CASeptember 20, 2012
As someone who loves a fast-paced, extremely busy environment, I absolutely loved working for Tony's. It is a primarily family-owned business, and it really shows in the leadership style of the management - More of a 'big brother helping little brother' attitude.

I can't really say much for there being a 'hardest part'; I tend to be a fast learner, and every duty that I performed here had at least a tiny amount to do with something that I was already thoroughly familiar with.

The only thing I have to say in a negative sense, is that Tony's needs to seriously work on the types of people that they hire for the warehouse. Of the 100+ co-workers that I saw on a daily basis, 90% of them were rude, sarcastic, unprofessional, and, in the worst cases, downright hostile.

In short, this is a place that I would love to work for again! As long as my co-workers are a bit friendlier.
Pros
fast-paced, well-paying, friendly and supportive management
Cons
an often hostile work environment, on the part of co-workers
Very fast past environment
Forklift Operator (Stand-Up) (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJuly 27, 2012
Great Job, too many hours for working another FT Job at DMV. Tony's managers offered me a PT position in the shipping department but it was too many hours a week, like 30 while doing 40 at DMV.
Pros
treat their employees very well
Cons
too many hours

2.6