Topcon Positioning Systems Employee Reviews

Great clinate
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 27, 2017
They promote great work/life balance! Easy commute, extensive opportunities to advance from within. The management is supportive and encourages growth!
Weak management
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 16, 2017
Management is not clear on the way company is moving. High turn around. High turnover for the engineering employees where there is a dead end; no value in investment in the business.
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasenton, CA.April 17, 2017
Utilize telecommunication devices such as Beacon radio, GSM, ISM or Pac-Crest 30 W or 5W radios to transmit corrected precision position data to the rover receivers for accuracy down to millimeter level and troubleshoot as needed.
Very good company to work for.
Southeast Survey Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 20, 2016
I was the S.E. Sales rep and as such had about twenty dealers for the Topcon Product. The company is very innovative and is leading edge technology for the surveying and construction industries. We had the best sales force/dealer network in the industry. My job was to train and support the dealers in my area.
The rest of the nationwide sales team were the best. The Topcon product was good quality and priced very competitively with good support and service.
There was a management change in 2000 and a shift in company objectives. The central corporate office was moved to California from New Jersey. The focus became the construction industry over the survey industry.
The company has remained innovative and competitive.
Pros
Innovative leading edge technology
Cons
Less focus on dealer support
Too many managers / Poor HR
Sr. Systems Engineer / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 28, 2015
Good company to work at but they have too many managers at every level and not enough workers. When I started, I worked in a department that had 2 techs for 450 staff. While the company grew to more than 1500 our staff only increased by 1.

HR department is not the employees advocate. when trouble come up that they need to address, they just push it back on to the other departments to solve. They appear to be more interested in there own agenda.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Terrible pay structure. not enough parking at their locations
enjoy working with the cusotmer service rep.
Parts Specialist/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 2, 2014
manage online ordering
setup pricing/discounts for repair parts
work with stockroom to fill orders
answer calls regarding parts
backup for customer service reps
Purchase supplies and equipment as needed
manage 3rd party repairs, process Purchase order for payment
Cons
no comment
Great Employer
Hardware Debug Technician (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 30, 2014
One of the best places I've every worked for! Great atmosphere to work in, well organized, and really values employee input.
Excelent place to work
Stockroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 29, 2013
Work at Topcon was always challenging because everyday there was something new that you learned. Always a new process to learn which makes it challenging.But the work everyday would keep you on your toes and very busy. Always making the customer priorty and keeping them trying your best to keep them happy. Looking back I do miss all the daily task that would make my day.
Pros
team work
Fast Pace
Shipping / Inspection (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 27, 2012
The work is fast paced. There is plenty of overtime if you want it. Especially around end of month(mandatory over time).
Pros
there is hardly a dull moment.
Cons
management needs some shakeup. there are a few people who know what they are doing but, the rest don't seem to care or are way too demanding.
Like my boss, just not much chance of me advancing.
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 25, 2012
Every Morning, I arrive around 7:30AM. Make the Executive coffee, and I make sure the Executive kitchen is ready for the day. I proceed to the breakroom and stock all the cups, sugar and cream. I am in charge of the ink and toner order and all supplies in the mail room. Every 2 weeks I put in a Costco order. I train the reception area, and I also go back and forth from our two buildings checking supplies. I help facilities with any Administrative duities asked of me.
Pros
i have a great boss, who does not micro manage.
Cons
i need to make more money.

Want to know more about Topcon Positioning Systems?

Ask a question