Tops Markets, LLC is a leading regional supermarket chain based in Williamsville, NY and operating over 160 stores throughout Western, Central & Eastern New York, Northern Vermont and Northern Pennsylvania. We are looking for a motivated, creative, and customer service oriented self-starter to become a key member of our Sales Development/Marketing team at our Williamsville corporate office.
The Print Media & Sales Development Specialist will be responsible for working cooperatively with department staff, a variety of internal clients, and outside vendors to develop, review, and execute print media planning and buying for the weekly circular and newspaper advertising as well as researching, proposing, negotiating, and helping to implement revenue generating sales development programs for in-store advertising and other store services. Also responsible for:
- Managing print media contracts and placement with outside vendors and third party providers
- Managing development of newspaper ads with internal designer and advertising agency
- Leveraging emerging technology, digital media, and social media to creatively reach new customers and build on relationships with existing customers
Successful candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in marketing, advertising, or business management or equivalent related hands-on experience required
- 5 - 7 years business experience; project management experience (including coordination, scheduling and financial tracking/reporting responsibilities
- Experience with media planning/buying in retail preferred
- Knowledge & practical understanding of print media advertising
- Demonstrated knowledge & skill in on-line, mobile, and social media a plus
- Negotiation, budget tracking, and strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong PC skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be well organized, a self starter, and work well with a variety of internal clients across a dynamic organization in a fast-paced office environment
Join our family and make Tops your Career Destination!