Topshop Employee Reviews in United States

wonderful workplace
Cashier/Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10013April 16, 2016
i loved it easy to grow and excell. the people were amazing. it was very well organized and just a wonderful place to be. I would recommend everyone to work here.
Great style
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2016
Topshop is just like any other retail job, hrs weren't great and management showed their favoritism. I enjoyed the fashion pieces and the discount.
Pros
Can be yourself, with the way you dress.
Big mess
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2016
The store was very busy with customer always, but the staff consists of mostly 18 or 19 year olds who just like to play around during their shift instead of helping clients or doing whatever else they were assigned, leaving a few associates who actually want to do a good job overwhelmed with things to do. Store visual standards are high, they make it seem like customer service expectations are high but the actual customer service is practically non- existent. This is because there aren't enough people working OR the communication is so poor that it takes so long to get what a customer needs that the customer leaves. Management stands around and talks to each other on the sales floor even on very busy days while the associates struggle to keep up with the footfall. They had no problem keeping everyone well past 11pm if the store doesn't look good or fitting rooms aren't cleared, even though they were only scheduled until 10pm. If you got out on time, they considered it getting out early. They don't hold people accountable whatsoever, so half the staff is playing around after close while the other half is working furiously. The management says nothing. They also don't help at all.
The training is pretty good, but they make it seem like the job will be very different than it is. It is not at all worth the money being an associate. All you do is put away fitting room clothes or check people out at the register. Customers are often very frustrated and project it on to associates. Most associated have no problem being completely rude right back. Lines are so long you have no
  more... chance to connect with customers. Management is openly rude to customers when they have a return or exchange. If you try to move to a different position from an associate, it will take weeks and possibly months for anything to actually happen, if it even does. Like I mentioned prior, the communication is terrible. There is no sense of urgency with anything in that store or company. It is almost impossible to actually complete your training manual and get the raise that comes with it, pretty sure the company does that on purpose.
Many people describe working there as like 'high school' and I can see why they would say that. Working at Topman seems much much better. Nicer customers, better management (mostly), better staff, and ultimately a better sales floor.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Management, most co-workers, disorganized company structure, no pride in the store, no sense of urgency
fun place, great clothes, very creative
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2016
fun place, great clothes, very creative place for individuals to work. only wish there was more organazation with managment. overall would recomend
Pros
great clothes at a great discount
Cons
higher wages for managment
Great work place!
Shoe Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2015
Learned alot about the importance of fashion advice and brand knowledge. I would recommend this job to anyone interested in a career in customer service!
Great work environment
team lead (Current Employee) –  NYAugust 11, 2015
* coming into work and getting ready for long day

* managers are actually great individuals and very understanding

* i learned alot while working at this company, espcially finger spacing in which i knew nothing about until i got there

* enjoyable part of the job is working with people you build great bonds with, and also being able to meet celebs
Pros
store discounts & you get to meet celebs
Cons
breaks
Fun Fashionable people, free networking
sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2015
Unprofessional management.(*Nordrom's TopShop.)
Small Boutique style Topshop and not much connection to other Topshops.
Pros
Discount on clothes, chances to meet top management
not a good choice
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New york NYJuly 25, 2015
The company doesn't really care about their employees. There also isn't really any oppotunity for growth. the only way to move up is to wait for someone to be fired from the position you want. that wait can be as long as 6 years regardless of prepared you are for the position.
Amazing Clothes, fun work environment, great pay.
Creative Assistant (Former Employee) –  SoHo, NYJuly 20, 2015
Worked as a creative asisstant, had creative freadom to which I loved. Would have to dress a min. of 14 mannequins in less then four hours. Many overnights, hardly had a life. But loved working for the company not so much the managers.
topshop shoes
Shoe Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 29, 2015
the shoe department is unpredictable with how busy it will be and some days you will have to find projects to keep yourself busy. we do not always have enough coverage which is frustrating. it's a good way to get to know the personal shopping and studio services clientele though
Fun workplace with great employers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2015
Topshop is a great company to work for. A day generally would consist of me going out on the floor and being assigned a particular role for the day, whether it is working the fitting rooms and organizing clothing by topshop standards, or working the floor and assisting customers with questions or picking out clothing. The management team is generally great, but it gets tough when there are not enough people to work that day. I loved working with my coworkers and the company because I am able to dress how I please (while still following standards) and I am able to help customers with my personal opinions, but I am also able to work with people that have great personalities and work as a family.
Pros
great coworkers, paid vacations for part-time employers
Cons
Hard to move up in the company
fun place to work great co workers
Denim Specialist (Current Employee) –  new york , nyMay 8, 2015
.The store as a whole is not a bad company the coworkers is what really gets people through the day. The management is decent group of people. The most enjoyable part of the job is actually doing that one on one with your client.
Pros
nice lounge area
Cons
there raise is any where from 10 cents up
day at work
sales advisor (Current Employee) –  new york, nyApril 18, 2015
Fun coworkers
Talking to and helping customers is lovely
Bad unfair management
Clock in
Have a brief
Go in zoned spot
No real changes
Handed heavy iPad to get surveys
Cons
low pay, slow advancement, unorganized management
Challenging yet energetic atmosphere with amazing people.
Accessories Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was providing a visually appealing department for both coworkers and those shopping.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
unavailability of some managers.
Highschool enviroment
Boh (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2015
While Topshop isn't the worse place i have worked at it is the one job in which I can say i had the most freedom. My day consisted of standing in one place and putting paddles through clothes. I learned nothing. Management was a non-issue in my department. Decent co-workers for the most part, not bad people just a bit immature. There was no hard part. Hanging out in the Boh listening to music and talking with fellow Boh coworkers
Pros
Pretty free if you work the topman boh side
Cons
It's a highschool. low pay, immaturity, retail.
Very potential work environment
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Very cooperative co-workers.
I have learned loss prevention.
The ob covers every aspect of operations and security.
Lack of career growth and progression.
its cute
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  sohoDecember 8, 2014
i like working there. I LOVE THE CUSTOMERS, their the best part of working there. I get to style people which i love doing. And i have cool and funny co-workers which kinda makes it fun.
Pros
discount
diverse fashion forward enviornment
Sales Stylist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2014
very fun to challenge my fashion sense on a daily level. most of the management team have been imported from the uk so its rather interesting because i sometimes feel im no longer in nyc but abroad, and thats awesome.

the store overhired and overestimated its projected sales and because of that the company has to let go many of the just hired associates.
Very big store
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2014
I had a seasonal position here, but they only worked me once a week so i really didn't get any experience. I would keep my section organized and make sure clothes looked neat. I would get clothes from the dressing room and put them back where they belonged.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
didnt give hours
A hip and great fashion brand with a voice in youth culture.
Assistant Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2014
Topshop is an amazing and comprehensive fast fashion retailer. The brand has the unique ability to target the fashion elite whom love exclusivity and the budget conscious fashionista who needs affordable yet stylish clothes. This brand has taught me the demands of an expansive retail operations and the balance of still needing to have an air of exclusivity and prestige that high end brands have. The hardest aspect of working at Topshop is meeting the demands of a high traffic stores and the general operations required to meet these demands. The most enjoyable part of working for Topshop is the fun and playfulness that is fostered among the employees who are able to express their fashion uniqueness and clientele with a broad range of customers who often mirror there personalities and interests.