Topshop Employee Reviews

great enviroment, little room for growth
Customer Service Rep/Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 22, 2016
Great place to work at, management is awesome. Really flexible with schedules. The environment is good if you like to be around kids. Learn a lot about kids, and psychology working with kids.
Pros
all pros
Cons
no cons
Workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 14, 2016
Started off great but management doesn't care about their employees. They cut hours, enough coverage, some leads don't assist when help is really needed.
Pros
"pay is negotiable''
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Horrible place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2016
Horrible place to work. They do not staff enough people for a work day. This company knows that in order to run a four-floor store, that they need at least 300 staff members but instead they only hire at least 100 and soomething staff memebers. The job is super stressful and they care less about their sales associates
Nice Environment
Visual Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2016
Everyone gets along and works well with each other. A little bit of miss communication with higher up managers. I have grown with the company since I worked their when the store opened back in 2014.
Fashion foward and always a good time shopping with the company and store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2016
I loved working for the company and store when I worked for them.The stores clothing and shoes were always up to date witht the latest fashion trends and it was always fun working and helping customers shop for a new outfit. The managment were always flexible when it came to working with your schedule and needing hours, so i was very pleased with working witht the brand and company.
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2016
Currently working as a branded stylist for a multinational British fashion retailer, I am tasked with several duties that correlate with my management and fashion based skills. I am responsible for selecting various garments for each customer’s specific style and taste, obtaining up to date knowledge about Topshop and the current fashion trends. While improving customer service, I assist in the execution of training all new employees while reporting daily tasks back to management.
Retail with great benefits
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2016
Fast paced retail environment in which one can create tight bonds with coworkers as well as work your way up fast within the company that provides great benefits within the retail field.
wonderful workplace
Cashier/Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10013April 16, 2016
i loved it easy to grow and excell. the people were amazing. it was very well organized and just a wonderful place to be. I would recommend everyone to work here.
Great Pay and and good place to work
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2016
I was able to start with the company part time and work my way into management in less than two years as well as getting the chance to enhance my management skills.
Great style
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2016
Topshop is just like any other retail job, hrs weren't great and management showed their favoritism. I enjoyed the fashion pieces and the discount.
Pros
Can be yourself, with the way you dress.
Big mess
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2016
The store was very busy with customer always, but the staff consists of mostly 18 or 19 year olds who just like to play around during their shift instead of helping clients or doing whatever else they were assigned, leaving a few associates who actually want to do a good job overwhelmed with things to do. Store visual standards are high, they make it seem like customer service expectations are high but the actual customer service is practically non- existent. This is because there aren't enough people working OR the communication is so poor that it takes so long to get what a customer needs that the customer leaves. Management stands around and talks to each other on the sales floor even on very busy days while the associates struggle to keep up with the footfall. They had no problem keeping everyone well past 11pm if the store doesn't look good or fitting rooms aren't cleared, even though they were only scheduled until 10pm. If you got out on time, they considered it getting out early. They don't hold people accountable whatsoever, so half the staff is playing around after close while the other half is working furiously. The management says nothing. They also don't help at all.
The training is pretty good, but they make it seem like the job will be very different than it is. It is not at all worth the money being an associate. All you do is put away fitting room clothes or check people out at the register. Customers are often very frustrated and project it on to associates. Most associated have no problem being completely rude right back. Lines are so long you have no
  more... chance to connect with customers. Management is openly rude to customers when they have a return or exchange. If you try to move to a different position from an associate, it will take weeks and possibly months for anything to actually happen, if it even does. Like I mentioned prior, the communication is terrible. There is no sense of urgency with anything in that store or company. It is almost impossible to actually complete your training manual and get the raise that comes with it, pretty sure the company does that on purpose.
Many people describe working there as like 'high school' and I can see why they would say that. Working at Topman seems much much better. Nicer customers, better management (mostly), better staff, and ultimately a better sales floor.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Management, most co-workers, disorganized company structure, no pride in the store, no sense of urgency
fun place, great clothes, very creative
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2016
fun place, great clothes, very creative place for individuals to work. only wish there was more organazation with managment. overall would recomend
Pros
great clothes at a great discount
Cons
higher wages for managment
Great work place!
Shoe Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2015
Learned alot about the importance of fashion advice and brand knowledge. I would recommend this job to anyone interested in a career in customer service!
Great work environment
team lead (Current Employee) –  NYAugust 11, 2015
* coming into work and getting ready for long day

* managers are actually great individuals and very understanding

* i learned alot while working at this company, espcially finger spacing in which i knew nothing about until i got there

* enjoyable part of the job is working with people you build great bonds with, and also being able to meet celebs
Pros
store discounts & you get to meet celebs
Cons
breaks
Fun Fashionable people, free networking
sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2015
Unprofessional management.(*Nordrom's TopShop.)
Small Boutique style Topshop and not much connection to other Topshops.
Pros
Discount on clothes, chances to meet top management
not a good choice
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New york NYJuly 25, 2015
The company doesn't really care about their employees. There also isn't really any oppotunity for growth. the only way to move up is to wait for someone to be fired from the position you want. that wait can be as long as 6 years regardless of prepared you are for the position.
Amazing Clothes, fun work environment, great pay.
Creative Assistant (Former Employee) –  SoHo, NYJuly 20, 2015
Worked as a creative asisstant, had creative freadom to which I loved. Would have to dress a min. of 14 mannequins in less then four hours. Many overnights, hardly had a life. But loved working for the company not so much the managers.
topshop shoes
Shoe Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 29, 2015
the shoe department is unpredictable with how busy it will be and some days you will have to find projects to keep yourself busy. we do not always have enough coverage which is frustrating. it's a good way to get to know the personal shopping and studio services clientele though
Fun workplace with great employers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2015
Topshop is a great company to work for. A day generally would consist of me going out on the floor and being assigned a particular role for the day, whether it is working the fitting rooms and organizing clothing by topshop standards, or working the floor and assisting customers with questions or picking out clothing. The management team is generally great, but it gets tough when there are not enough people to work that day. I loved working with my coworkers and the company because I am able to dress how I please (while still following standards) and I am able to help customers with my personal opinions, but I am also able to work with people that have great personalities and work as a family.
Pros
great coworkers, paid vacations for part-time employers
Cons
Hard to move up in the company
fun place to work great co workers
Denim Specialist (Current Employee) –  new york , nyMay 8, 2015
.The store as a whole is not a bad company the coworkers is what really gets people through the day. The management is decent group of people. The most enjoyable part of the job is actually doing that one on one with your client.
Pros
nice lounge area
Cons
there raise is any where from 10 cents up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Topshop. Our community is ready to answer.