Topshop Employee Reviews

worst place to work for, managers are very rude to staff and very arrogant!!
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  LondonFebruary 19, 2018
i wouldn't recommend anyone to work in TopShop. They are very rude to their staff and all they care about is treating them like slaves. They do not offer good training. Bad customer service to their clients. Staff facilities are dirty. Literally worst place anyone can work for. Find another company!!
Pros
There are no pro's, maybe lunchtime so you can get out!!
Cons
rude management, dirty staff facilities, horrible environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2018
Great place to start out when you are looking for a first job. You get to work with some very out going individuals and learn a lot about business that you can take with you outside the company.
Productive work place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2018
Helped customers on a daily basis figure out options of clothes and also helped with their selection of jeans for them. The job is very fast paced as it was located in soho right on broadway.
Awful Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  LiverpoolJanuary 22, 2018
Topshop overall as company is an okay company to work for. It’s great for students but not for a career.

The staff make the whole experience. It can be great atmosphere at times. At times it can be very busy but you have to be able deal with fast paste environment and deal with pressure without getting stressed.

The scheduling is a big issue. The company policy is 3 weeks in advance but Rotas are more like 1 week in advance. It’s poorly managed and when questioned to managers your told” there too busy” but in fact there lazy.
Managers can be very rude and lazy. Expect “ sales assistance” to do team leader/ supervisor roles for basic pay.

Management make own rules up and are unfair. Never supportive to staff need and make the rules up as they go along.
They can make the role very Unenjoyable and stressful. Wouldn’t recommend to anyone if wanting work full time. Good only if I’m uni/ college wanting part time
Pros
Discount, uniform, social life
Cons
managment, pay, hours
The job is useful for acquiring the first experience, but not for a longer period of time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Novi Sad, SerbiaJanuary 12, 2018
Through this work, I have learned a lot and gained communication skills and knowledge in various situations. The disadvantages of this job are that we were not paid adequately, and sometimes they would refuse us from pay for fictitious reasons. On the other hand, if we achieved good sales results we would get bonuses. Also, the bad side is the inability to advancement. Considering this is my first job in this sphere, I am satisfied with the experience and skills I have acquired and I am sure that they will help me in my future career.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Unpaid overtime work
Pretty Good Job
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2018
Easy job to work for... you get good hours, you are exposed to alot of different things, and different people, and i would definetley rccoment this job to you guys.
Productive and fun workplace
Stylist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Exceeding the highest customer service standards for sales, and customer satisfaction in every retail operation. Making sure that the customer is engaging as much as you are and making sure that everything ran smoothly as possible .
Pros
Snacks
Fast pace establishment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30326December 28, 2017
Needs better managers and pay increase. Scheduling was too inconsistent and my hours were cut often. Employees are friendly, but I've also had issues with payroll and my check not being available on time.
Fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 20, 2017
I love Topshop. I made friends with all my coworkers and most of the managers are super relaxed and friendly. You get pretty decent discounts as well.
Fun for your first job!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 31, 2017
I loved Topshop because of the working environment. Unfortunately, Topshop couldn't support my lifestyle as an adult as it did when i was 19 years old living at home. I found a better opportunity elsewhere.
Pros
Clothes great discount
Cons
Benefits, management, pay, waork life balance
No growth opportunity
Creative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2017
The environment started out as fun at first given the hype the brand naturally brings. Once you get acquainted with the culture, you see that there is poor managerial skills and very low growth opportunity.
great company
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2017
This was a great company to work for, I relocated to different states with them and they made it seamless. However I could no longer commute to the location anymore, so I found something closer to home.
Good pay, stressful work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2017
Since I was the youngest, it felt as if the managers were taking advantage of me and consistently scheduled me with closing shifts. I would typically work 8-10 hour shifts, however I did get an hour lunch break and two paid 15 minute breaks. Overall, the money was good, but the stress was not worth it.
Fast paced upscale barbershop
Barber/Stylist (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCAugust 29, 2017
Godly and fun Environment with a pool table and arcade in the back. Very productive and Friendly environment we give the best haircuts in town. And should I mention the hot dog shack in the back
Pros
Cheap boothrent
Cons
Pretty much take a break when I need it
productive
Brand rep/Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60611August 28, 2017
help people to select and purchase clothing and other merchandise. The scope of the job ranges from gift buying for their clients to providing advice for a complete change of image. ... Personal shoppers vary considerably in the services they offer and in their methods of working with clients.
Changes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2017
I was brought onto the team in the midst of many changes in the company. They are now shifting from the usual chaotic fast fashion retailer to (trying to) become more service based with customers. I really think it is ridiculous for such a high volume store that gets hundreds of people through its doors daily. The manager are friendly and are good at their job however, they don't work with the same standards that they try to put on employees. They don't sell, add on, or greet every customer, why? It doesn't make sense to me. I have a background in sales and I know how to reach sales goals and work with a team to increase the $$ spent per customer, this job was just a temp for me. From what I see going on on a daily basis, TopShop will have a hard time becoming customer service friendly if they continue to still allow managers to work with tasks all day.
Pros
Businesswear discount, family and friends discount, family environment on the team
Cons
Low pay, stressful environment, no perks (free food etc)
Great Experience as a sales associate
Sales Advisor / Ivy Park Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2017
I love the clientele Top Shop brings in. The store and employees have great energy. learning hands on visual merchandise for non clothing was one of my efficent skill i learned working for Top Shop.
Pros
employees, client experience, hands on experience
Cons
distance, communications with team leads and employees
It gets old really quickly
Personal shopper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2017
Working at TopShop was fun at the start, great staff and somewhat ok management. With the staff is like having a work family, make jokes to help push each other through the day, but management only really have one Agenda and that's sales. Putting everyone/everything after even personal health.
Pros
Great co Staff
Cons
This job doesn't focus on employee growth
Productive and a Great place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2017
Five Guys was my first job. this job has taught me so much. how to have great costumer service, costumer satisfaction, and how to make sure your costumer will return! although this is a fast food restaurant, the things I learned from here has paved the way for me to be able to advance in the business world
great environment
Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 21, 2017
I loved working there. The management was great to work with and I loved the rest of my team. I enjoyed the creative freedom. The only downside was the pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Topshop. Our community is ready to answer.