Topshop Employee Reviews

great enviroment, little room for growth
Customer Service Rep/Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 22, 2016
Great place to work at, management is awesome. Really flexible with schedules. The environment is good if you like to be around kids. Learn a lot about kids, and psychology working with kids.
Pros
all pros
Cons
no cons
Overall a decent company
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  SoHo, NYOctober 29, 2016
Fun workplace for the most part. Management sucks at communication but everyone is very welcoming and helpful. Advancement is tricky, some people move up fast while others get the run around.
Fashion foward and always a good time shopping with the company and store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2016
I loved working for the company and store when I worked for them.The stores clothing and shoes were always up to date witht the latest fashion trends and it was always fun working and helping customers shop for a new outfit. The managment were always flexible when it came to working with your schedule and needing hours, so i was very pleased with working witht the brand and company.
fun people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2016
great job overall. its a bit if a challenge which makes it rewarding in my opinion.
audit refunds
tills support
troubleshoot operational problems
customer service
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2016
Currently working as a branded stylist for a multinational British fashion retailer, I am tasked with several duties that correlate with my management and fashion based skills. I am responsible for selecting various garments for each customer’s specific style and taste, obtaining up to date knowledge about Topshop and the current fashion trends. While improving customer service, I assist in the execution of training all new employees while reporting daily tasks back to management.
Horrible place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2016
Horrible place to work. They do not staff enough people for a work day. This company knows that in order to run a four-floor store, that they need at least 300 staff members but instead they only hire at least 100 and soomething staff memebers. The job is super stressful and they care less about their sales associates
Workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 14, 2016
Started off great but management doesn't care about their employees. They cut hours, enough coverage, some leads don't assist when help is really needed.
Pros
"pay is negotiable''
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Nice Environment
Visual Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2016
Everyone gets along and works well with each other. A little bit of miss communication with higher up managers. I have grown with the company since I worked their when the store opened back in 2014.
Retail with great benefits
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2016
Fast paced retail environment in which one can create tight bonds with coworkers as well as work your way up fast within the company that provides great benefits within the retail field.
Great Pay and and good place to work
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2016
I was able to start with the company part time and work my way into management in less than two years as well as getting the chance to enhance my management skills.

Want to know more about Topshop?

Ask a question
wonderful workplace
Cashier/Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10013April 16, 2016
i loved it easy to grow and excell. the people were amazing. it was very well organized and just a wonderful place to be. I would recommend everyone to work here.
fun place, great clothes, very creative
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2016
fun place, great clothes, very creative place for individuals to work. only wish there was more organazation with managment. overall would recomend
Pros
great clothes at a great discount
Cons
higher wages for managment
Great style
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2016
Topshop is just like any other retail job, hrs weren't great and management showed their favoritism. I enjoyed the fashion pieces and the discount.
Pros
Can be yourself, with the way you dress.
Great work environment
team lead (Current Employee) –  NYAugust 11, 2015
* coming into work and getting ready for long day

* managers are actually great individuals and very understanding

* i learned alot while working at this company, espcially finger spacing in which i knew nothing about until i got there

* enjoyable part of the job is working with people you build great bonds with, and also being able to meet celebs
Pros
store discounts & you get to meet celebs
Cons
breaks
Fun workplace with great employers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2015
Topshop is a great company to work for. A day generally would consist of me going out on the floor and being assigned a particular role for the day, whether it is working the fitting rooms and organizing clothing by topshop standards, or working the floor and assisting customers with questions or picking out clothing. The management team is generally great, but it gets tough when there are not enough people to work that day. I loved working with my coworkers and the company because I am able to dress how I please (while still following standards) and I am able to help customers with my personal opinions, but I am also able to work with people that have great personalities and work as a family.
Pros
great coworkers, paid vacations for part-time employers
Cons
Hard to move up in the company
Highschool enviroment
Boh (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2015
While Topshop isn't the worse place i have worked at it is the one job in which I can say i had the most freedom. My day consisted of standing in one place and putting paddles through clothes. I learned nothing. Management was a non-issue in my department. Decent co-workers for the most part, not bad people just a bit immature. There was no hard part. Hanging out in the Boh listening to music and talking with fellow Boh coworkers
Pros
Pretty free if you work the topman boh side
Cons
It's a highschool. low pay, immaturity, retail.
not a good choice
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New york NYJuly 25, 2015
The company doesn't really care about their employees. There also isn't really any oppotunity for growth. the only way to move up is to wait for someone to be fired from the position you want. that wait can be as long as 6 years regardless of prepared you are for the position.
Amazing Clothes, fun work environment, great pay.
Creative Assistant (Former Employee) –  SoHo, NYJuly 20, 2015
Worked as a creative asisstant, had creative freadom to which I loved. Would have to dress a min. of 14 mannequins in less then four hours. Many overnights, hardly had a life. But loved working for the company not so much the managers.
Fun workplace
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ENGAugust 20, 2014
During my time at Topshop, one of my roles was to ensure that the stock room was kept clean, tidy, and should have enough stock stored in case any products ran out on the shop floor. To keep the stock room in a good order, I was responsible for checking in the deliveries and ensuring that the goods were tagged and then put in their right place. My main role was checking the shop floor on a regular basis during my shift and replacing any items of clothing that were running low to maintain the customers’ expectations of the stock being available.
Constantly working with customers and cash rep
Sales Specialist & Visual Merchandising Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2014
Start out with a store meeting, highlighting important facts and details that were beneficial to that specific day, then going to your assigned floor, meeting with the floor manager and checking to see which sections you are assigned. Sections including: running clothes back to the floor coming from the fitting, cashier, ringing out customers, answering any questions, giving them surveys, and also sales advisers whom would be in charge of staying on sales floors constantly ensuring customers had their proper customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Topshop. Our community is ready to answer.