Topshop

Topshop United States Employee Reviews

Challenging yet energetic atmosphere with amazing people.
Accessories Merchandiser (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 16, 2015
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: unavailability of some managers.
The most enjoyable part of my job was providing a visually appealing department for both coworkers and those shopping.
Highschool enviroment
Boh (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 9, 2015
Pros: Pretty free if you work the topman boh side
Cons: It's a highschool. low pay, immaturity, retail.
While Topshop isn't the worse place i have worked at it is the one job in which I can say i had the most freedom. My day consisted of standing in one place and putting paddles through clothes. I learned nothing. Management was a non-issue in my department. Decent co-workers for the most part, not bad people just a bit immature. There was no hard part. Hanging out in the Boh listening to music and talking with fellow Boh coworkers
Very potential work environment
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Very cooperative co-workers.
I have learned loss prevention.
The ob covers every aspect of operations and security.
Lack of career growth and progression.
its cute
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), sohoDecember 8, 2014
Pros: discount
i like working there. I LOVE THE CUSTOMERS, their the best part of working there. I get to style people which i love doing. And i have cool and funny co-workers which kinda makes it fun.
diverse fashion forward enviornment
Sales Stylist (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 7, 2014
very fun to challenge my fashion sense on a daily level. most of the management team have been imported from the uk so its rather interesting because i sometimes feel im no longer in nyc but abroad, and thats awesome.

the store overhired and overestimated its projected sales and because of that the company has to let go many of the just hired associates.
Very big store
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2014
Pros: long lunches
Cons: didnt give hours
I had a seasonal position here, but they only worked me once a week so i really didn't get any experience. I would keep my section organized and make sure clothes looked neat. I would get clothes from the dressing room and put them back where they belonged.
A hip and great fashion brand with a voice in youth culture.
Assistant Brand Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 29, 2014
Topshop is an amazing and comprehensive fast fashion retailer. The brand has the unique ability to target the fashion elite whom love exclusivity and the budget conscious fashionista who needs affordable yet stylish clothes. This brand has taught me the demands of an expansive retail operations and the balance of still needing to have an air of exclusivity and prestige that high end brands have. The hardest aspect of working at Topshop is meeting the demands of a high traffic stores and the general operations required to meet these demands. The most enjoyable part of working for Topshop is the fun and playfulness that is fostered among the employees who are able to express their fashion uniqueness and clientele with a broad range of customers who often mirror there personalities and interests.
Fun workplace
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, ENGAugust 20, 2014
During my time at Topshop, one of my roles was to ensure that the stock room was kept clean, tidy, and should have enough stock stored in case any products ran out on the shop floor. To keep the stock room in a good order, I was responsible for checking in the deliveries and ensuring that the goods were tagged and then put in their right place. My main role was checking the shop floor on a regular basis during my shift and replacing any items of clothing that were running low to maintain the customers’ expectations of the stock being available.
Good place to work if you're a student
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good employee discounts, flexible scheduling
Cons: management, employees
I've worked here for about a year and have had a few good experiences.
No life, no development
Sales Advisor/Customer service (Former Employee), London Oxford circusJuly 17, 2014
Pros: staff uniform (in every 3month)
Cons: ignorant management, low payment, bad schedule, long hours
I was working for the flagship store. It is a really busy store usually understaffed but the expectation is high and in return you don't get almost anything. They like to hire people who don't care about the job so they don't have to deal with them. Management is rubbish, team leaders are scared of them therefore there's no one to stand up for you.
There're 5 different shifts which are being rotated throughout the week. That means that you actually have no time to have your own social life, especially because the shifts are long. They make you take 1,5 break which makes you stay at work for almost 9 hours and you're being paid for 7.2 hours or so.(it's a complete waist of time in my opinion)
Your getting paid monthly on the last Friday of a month which is a struggle because it is sometimes 4weeks sometimes 5weeks. It means that from the same payment you have to stretch for an additional week.
Co-workers: There are some really good people working there but unfortunately majority of them is rubbish. Most of them is living at home with their family so they're not motivated to do any work,you ending up working instead of them. And these are the people who are not even coming to work because money is not important for them so again you ending up working instead of them.
The hardest part of the job is that you have to deal with customers on the daily basis meanwhile you have to struggle with the rubbish management and the hateful atmosphere which surround you all day.
Best retail job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 22, 2014
Pros: amazing people
Cons: nothing
I would provide excellent service by listening and attending to customer needs, also restock and merchandise on-floor product I would also assist customers with questions and help style customers.
Don't waste your time
Loss Prevention (Former Employee), Las VegasApril 27, 2014
I worked here as a so called "loss prevention associate" its horrible. Management won't have your back the loss prevention manager will throw you under the bus
Constantly working with customers and cash rep
Sales Specialist & Visual Merchandising Support (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 9, 2014
Start out with a store meeting, highlighting important facts and details that were beneficial to that specific day, then going to your assigned floor, meeting with the floor manager and checking to see which sections you are assigned. Sections including: running clothes back to the floor coming from the fitting, cashier, ringing out customers, answering any questions, giving them surveys, and also sales advisers whom would be in charge of staying on sales floors constantly ensuring customers had their proper customer service.
Fun working place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 31, 2014
The management lacks in certain areas. Hours are horriable
Worst job in retail I ever had
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 8, 2013
Pros: discount and location
Cons: hours, management, pay, hr
Extreme hours and scheduling that changes continuously. Non existent HR department which really makes things hard. Management is poor and overrun with unqualified people. Pay is constantly an issue for employees because checks are constantly not correct. Absolutely no communication at all within the entire company. Only good thing was my coworkers and the neighborhood.
No opportunity for growth
Top Level Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 30, 2013
Pros: great fashion. co-workers are fun to work with
Cons: schedule changes at last minute. no teamwork
No open positions to grow. Constant competition with each other no team environment, people throwing each other under the bus to look better than everyone else.
Relevant fast fashion brand
VISUAL MERCHANDISER/ CREATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 11, 2013
Cons: company is ran by too many people
This is a company that supports employees that fit the brand and the team. Most days consist of styling, coordination and product placement within trends. Analyzing sales versus LW and LY, and problem solving those merchandising issues. Hardest part of the job is the 6 a.m start, most enjoyable part is competitive shopping, inspiration walks and over brainstorming sessions.
Great place for young adults!
Customer Service Specialist - Cashier (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: fun, good managers, understanding
Cons: long shiftts
I really like this job, I'm 19 years old and many of my co workers are the around same age. A lot of us have bigger goals were working towards when it comes to careers and this job is a great way to set building blocks and networking.
n/a
Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 9, 2013
Topshop is an amazing company to work for but the growth rate at this location is very slow and management is very condescending and unprofessional.
Great Place to work.
Seasonal Stock Associate/Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: many breaks, great people
Cons: lack of hours able to work
Great Staff, Managers, and Products. Although the days are long, the staff made each day a joy to come in. There was never a dull moment. The customers were friendly and most patient.

About Topshop

The London-based retailer, Topshop has over 300 stores for women, including the four-story, 100,000-square-foot flagship store – Read more

Topshop Salaries