Topshop

Topshop Employer Reviews

Fun working place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 31, 2014
The management lacks in certain areas. Hours are horriable
Worst job in retail I ever had
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 8, 2013
Pros: discount and location
Cons: hours, management, pay, hr
Extreme hours and scheduling that changes continuously. Non existent HR department which really makes things hard. Management is poor and overrun with unqualified people. Pay is constantly an issue for employees because checks are constantly not correct. Absolutely no communication at all within the entire company. Only good thing was my coworkers and – more... the neighborhood. – less
No opportunity for growth
Top Level Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 30, 2013
Pros: great fashion. co-workers are fun to work with
Cons: schedule changes at last minute. no teamwork
No open positions to grow. Constant competition with each other no team environment, people throwing each other under the bus to look better than everyone else.
Relevant fast fashion brand
VISUAL MERCHANDISER/ CREATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 11, 2013
Cons: company is ran by too many people
This is a company that supports employees that fit the brand and the team. Most days consist of styling, coordination and product placement within trends. Analyzing sales versus LW and LY, and problem solving those merchandising issues. Hardest part of the job is the 6 a.m start, most enjoyable part is competitive shopping, inspiration walks and over – more... brainstorming sessions. – less
Great place for young adults!
Customer Service Specialist - Cashier (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: fun, good managers, understanding
Cons: long shiftts
I really like this job, I'm 19 years old and many of my co workers are the around same age. A lot of us have bigger goals were working towards when it comes to careers and this job is a great way to set building blocks and networking.
n/a
Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 9, 2013
Topshop is an amazing company to work for but the growth rate at this location is very slow and management is very condescending and unprofessional.
Great Place to work.
Seasonal Stock Associate/Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: many breaks, great people
Cons: lack of hours able to work
Great Staff, Managers, and Products. Although the days are long, the staff made each day a joy to come in. There was never a dull moment. The customers were friendly and most patient.
Fun, Inspiring, fast-paced work environment.
General Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 15, 2013
Pros: bonus scheme
Cons: work/life balance.
Works with an amazing group of talented, creative, and highly motivated management team.
Pretty Good for Retail
Assistant, Personal Shopping Department (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 14, 2013
If you work hard there are opportunities for growth at TopShop. They are a growing company in the US so there are plenty of opportunities. The work hours are tough because it's retail, but its not uncommon to go from working on the shop floor to working in corporate.
not good.
Previous Sales Advisor (Former Employee), whitecitylondonDecember 19, 2012
Pros: 25% discount, boys in topman
Cons: management, no breaks after 5hrs which is actually illegal, underpayment
I worked in Topshop Topman White City for roughly six months, it is baaaaaaad The Management stand on the floor and talk whilst all the other employeers do all the work. , the managers are seriously rubbish, they always underpay you! The rota's are never up and agree with the other person who gave a review on White City Topshop! They also never reply – more... back to any hoilday requests and many have favourites - as it is in many jobs. The floor is poorly run! And the shifts are done so bad sometimes that there are hardly any staff in at a time, which causes stress! other Topshops seem run alot better than this one! . Rude and isn't approachable which is what a manager should be!
Typical day at work on the shop floor, all day. Co-workers they alrite, hardest part of the job mangagement. also if you work 5 hours you dont even get a break!! this is illegal. also if you attend a staff party they take 20£ outta your wage. – less
new company
Accessories Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2012
Pros: great employees, brand oriented
Cons: management
it is a great company to be apart of. many different things happening that you wouldn't expect in retail. bad management and no growth within.
Cool and fashion-focused
Fashion Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 25, 2012
It was a bit too busy and the management wasn't very good. The clothing was awesome though. My coworkers were some of the coolest people I've ever met. You were located in the fashion capital of the world which made the job even more cool.
Really good working enviroment
Part Time Shop Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, ENGApril 15, 2014
Pros: good lunch hours and really good salary
Working at Topshop, Bishop Auckland was a brilliant and fantastic experience of my life. Everything was well organised and the staff their were extremely friendly and helpful and made me feel so welcome, I fitted in straight away. and overall brilliant place to work.
Fun place to work but short contracts
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Newcastle upon Tyne,April 10, 2014
Pros: staff discount
Cons: short contract
• Greeting customers
• Ensuring customer satisfaction
• Confident in giving advice and information to customers
• Mainly worked on ladies wear but also performed fitting room duties
• Maintained high standards on my work area
busy, productive,
advance sales assisstant (Current Employee), oxford circusApril 7, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: shift times
Maintaining shop floor standards, keeping ontop of best sellers, customer service, team communication, delegating
A day in the life....
Deputy Store manager (Former Employee), Andover, ENGMarch 31, 2014
Pros: staff discount
Cons: working weekends
A typical day for me at work involves counting the safe and till floats, Opening the store and helping customers. When I get in, I will do the figures and check store standards from the night before. I like to have fun at work, but I also work hard. I know where to draw the line. At weekends, I would do the weekly payroll and delivery information.
I – more... enjoy working with people but I work very well as an individual as well.
My favourite part of my job is dealing with people and helping them to the best of my ability. Its always nice when they leave happy.
I often felt that I didn't get the support I needed whilst doing this job which is part of what has lead me to want a change. – less
Fun sociable workplace
Senior Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Cardiff, WLSMarch 26, 2014
Pros: good breaks
Cons: low staff levels
Fashion retail - necessary interest in current trends. Friendly management. Can be very busy and sometimes stressful.
team player.
Jersey and underwear specialist (Current Employee), LondonMarch 13, 2014
Pros: good development scheme
Cons: hours
fast environment

good development scheme

very customer focused
Amazing Working Environment
Denim Specialist (Current Employee), MetrocentreMarch 6, 2014
Pros: support and the availability to process further within the company.
Cons: early starts e.g. 5am start
Topshop is an amazing company to work for to develop and push your skills further within the retail sector. I have developed my skills so much with this company from been a sales advisor, creative assistant and now a denim specialist. This is the idle company to work for if you really see yourself in the retail industry.
Fun working environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Belfast, NIRMarch 3, 2014
Pros: uniform and staff discount
Cons: not enough hours to work for them
I worked in topshop for the christmas period which was the most demanding and challenging for me. I enjoyed however assisting customers and devoting 100% to them as i always felt good when i knew i gave them the best service i possibly could or help them find something in store that they may not have been able to find themselves. It was a truly rewarding – more... job to work with great people and customers during christmas. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Topshop

The London-based retailer, Topshop has over 300 stores for women, including the four-story, 100,000-square-foot flagship store – Read more

Topshop Photos