Topshop Employee Reviews

Great work place!
Shoe Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2015
Learned alot about the importance of fashion advice and brand knowledge. I would recommend this job to anyone interested in a career in customer service!
GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT
team lead (Current Employee) –  NYAugust 11, 2015
* coming into work and getting ready for long day

* managers are actually great individuals and very understanding

* i learned alot while working at this company, espcially finger spacing in which i knew nothing about until i got there

* enjoyable part of the job is working with people you build great bonds with, and also being able to meet celebs
Pros
store discounts & you get to meet celebs
Cons
breaks
Fun Fashionable people, free networking
sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2015
Unprofessional management.(*Nordrom's TopShop.)
Small Boutique style Topshop and not much connection to other Topshops.
Pros
Discount on clothes, chances to meet top management
not a good choice
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New york NYJuly 25, 2015
The company doesn't really care about their employees. There also isn't really any oppotunity for growth. the only way to move up is to wait for someone to be fired from the position you want. that wait can be as long as 6 years regardless of prepared you are for the position.
Amazing Clothes, fun work environment, great pay.
Creative Assistant (Former Employee) –  SoHo, NYJuly 20, 2015
Worked as a creative asisstant, had creative freadom to which I loved. Would have to dress a min. of 14 mannequins in less then four hours. Many overnights, hardly had a life. But loved working for the company not so much the managers.
topshop shoes
Shoe Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 29, 2015
the shoe department is unpredictable with how busy it will be and some days you will have to find projects to keep yourself busy. we do not always have enough coverage which is frustrating. it's a good way to get to know the personal shopping and studio services clientele though
Fun workplace with great employers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2015
Topshop is a great company to work for. A day generally would consist of me going out on the floor and being assigned a particular role for the day, whether it is working the fitting rooms and organizing clothing by topshop standards, or working the floor and assisting customers with questions or picking out clothing. The management team is generally great, but it gets tough when there are not enough people to work that day. I loved working with my coworkers and the company because I am able to dress how I please (while still following standards) and I am able to help customers with my personal opinions, but I am also able to work with people that have great personalities and work as a family.
Pros
great coworkers, paid vacations for part-time employers
Cons
Hard to move up in the company
fun place to work great co workers
Denim Specialist (Current Employee) –  new york , nyMay 8, 2015
.The store as a whole is not a bad company the coworkers is what really gets people through the day. The management is decent group of people. The most enjoyable part of the job is actually doing that one on one with your client.
Pros
nice lounge area
Cons
there raise is any where from 10 cents up
day at work
sales advisor (Current Employee) –  new york, nyApril 18, 2015
Fun coworkers
Talking to and helping customers is lovely
Bad unfair management
Clock in
Have a brief
Go in zoned spot
No real changes
Handed heavy iPad to get surveys
Cons
low pay, slow advancement, unorganized management
Challenging yet energetic atmosphere with amazing people.
Accessories Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was providing a visually appealing department for both coworkers and those shopping.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
unavailability of some managers.
Highschool enviroment
Boh (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2015
While Topshop isn't the worse place i have worked at it is the one job in which I can say i had the most freedom. My day consisted of standing in one place and putting paddles through clothes. I learned nothing. Management was a non-issue in my department. Decent co-workers for the most part, not bad people just a bit immature. There was no hard part. Hanging out in the Boh listening to music and talking with fellow Boh coworkers
Pros
Pretty free if you work the topman boh side
Cons
It's a highschool. low pay, immaturity, retail.
Very potential work environment
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Very cooperative co-workers.
I have learned loss prevention.
The ob covers every aspect of operations and security.
Lack of career growth and progression.
its cute
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  sohoDecember 8, 2014
i like working there. I LOVE THE CUSTOMERS, their the best part of working there. I get to style people which i love doing. And i have cool and funny co-workers which kinda makes it fun.
Pros
discount
diverse fashion forward enviornment
Sales Stylist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2014
very fun to challenge my fashion sense on a daily level. most of the management team have been imported from the uk so its rather interesting because i sometimes feel im no longer in nyc but abroad, and thats awesome.

the store overhired and overestimated its projected sales and because of that the company has to let go many of the just hired associates.
Very big store
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2014
I had a seasonal position here, but they only worked me once a week so i really didn't get any experience. I would keep my section organized and make sure clothes looked neat. I would get clothes from the dressing room and put them back where they belonged.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
didnt give hours
A hip and great fashion brand with a voice in youth culture.
Assistant Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2014
Topshop is an amazing and comprehensive fast fashion retailer. The brand has the unique ability to target the fashion elite whom love exclusivity and the budget conscious fashionista who needs affordable yet stylish clothes. This brand has taught me the demands of an expansive retail operations and the balance of still needing to have an air of exclusivity and prestige that high end brands have. The hardest aspect of working at Topshop is meeting the demands of a high traffic stores and the general operations required to meet these demands. The most enjoyable part of working for Topshop is the fun and playfulness that is fostered among the employees who are able to express their fashion uniqueness and clientele with a broad range of customers who often mirror there personalities and interests.
Fun workplace
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ENGAugust 20, 2014
During my time at Topshop, one of my roles was to ensure that the stock room was kept clean, tidy, and should have enough stock stored in case any products ran out on the shop floor. To keep the stock room in a good order, I was responsible for checking in the deliveries and ensuring that the goods were tagged and then put in their right place. My main role was checking the shop floor on a regular basis during my shift and replacing any items of clothing that were running low to maintain the customers’ expectations of the stock being available.
Good place to work if you're a student
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2014
I've worked here for about a year and have had a few good experiences.
Pros
good employee discounts, flexible scheduling
Cons
management, employees
No life, no development
Sales Advisor/Customer service (Former Employee) –  London Oxford circusJuly 17, 2014
I was working for the flagship store. It is a really busy store usually understaffed but the expectation is high and in return you don't get almost anything. They like to hire people who don't care about the job so they don't have to deal with them. Management is rubbish, team leaders are scared of them therefore there's no one to stand up for you.
There're 5 different shifts which are being rotated throughout the week. That means that you actually have no time to have your own social life, especially because the shifts are long. They make you take 1,5 break which makes you stay at work for almost 9 hours and you're being paid for 7.2 hours or so.(it's a complete waist of time in my opinion)
Your getting paid monthly on the last Friday of a month which is a struggle because it is sometimes 4weeks sometimes 5weeks. It means that from the same payment you have to stretch for an additional week.
Co-workers: There are some really good people working there but unfortunately majority of them is rubbish. Most of them is living at home with their family so they're not motivated to do any work,you ending up working instead of them. And these are the people who are not even coming to work because money is not important for them so again you ending up working instead of them.
The hardest part of the job is that you have to deal with customers on the daily basis meanwhile you have to struggle with the rubbish management and the hateful atmosphere which surround you all day.
Pros
staff uniform (in every 3month)
Cons
ignorant management, low payment, bad schedule, long hours
Best retail job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2014
I would provide excellent service by listening and attending to customer needs, also restock and merchandise on-floor product I would also assist customers with questions and help style customers.
Pros
amazing people
Cons
nothing