Toronto Hydro Employee Reviews

Friendly Staff
CO-OP, Four Month Term (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Friendly Staff
Cons: Traffic
Typical day of work was safe and exciting. Staff are always smiling and share their positive attitudes. Hardest part of the job is definitely the Toronto Traffic.
Poor management
Voice Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Great place to work under union
Cons: Very stressful place to work for management staff
Typical day at work are very stressful.
Upper management not fully aware what is happening people work below them.
Staffs are poorly managed, no respect for working long hours.
Great co-workers
Management makes quick decision without knowing the impact
Interesting Place to Work
Program Management Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: limited opportunities for advancement for long term employees
Plenty of opportunity for the young professional to grow as a professional in their field, Diverse culture. Many interesting people.
Top 100 hundred company.
Metering Tech (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: safe place to work
Excellent company to work for, management was always their to hear any concerns or needs you had. Co-workers where helpful
and we worked as a team in regards to the work required.
great place to work
Transformer & Meter Inspector (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: to many people to deal with
co worker were good to work with old school work place,learned alot from older people and had a good work relationship with the public
Good salary and good learning experience
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), TorontoNovember 27, 2014
Pros: located in downtown
Cons: no overtime for extra hrs worked
Excellent place to work. Good work/family balance. Even though there is no lieu or overtime for extra hours work, the working hours are flexible so it is possible to work it out.
Dynamic industry, progressive leadership, and great benefits
Organizational Development Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2014
Toronto Hydro is a great company to work for. The industry is dynamic, and the leadership team has a clear vision and strategy for the organization. The organization has evolved and continues to do so, creating a challenging and stimulating environment.
Great place.
Senior Technical Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2014
Great place, great co-workers!
Learned alot as an intern
projects are exciting and new
Would NOT recommend working for this organization
Communications Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 4, 2014
I was very excited to work at this organization and underwent an extremely vigorous hiring process to get the position only to find out that new ideas or innovations are not welcomed.

Toxic work environment where middle management is complacent and resistant to any change as they wait out their retirement and subsequent pension.

Extremely out of touch of what young professionals TODAY are looking for in a work environment.
Productive workplace with company parties
Fixed Asset Accountant (Former Employee), Toronto,ONApril 24, 2014
Really nice people and productive team who can finish work on time and have time for parties
• Answered and assessed internal and external customer calls and dispatch accordingly • Calls related to power outages, water heaters, street lighting
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 10, 2014
• Calls related to power outages, water heaters, street lighting, forestry and underground locates
• Input, updated and verified various data bases and programs related to job functions, compiled and summarized statistical reports
The work was steady
Apprentice lineman and cable splicer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2014
Pros: challanging work. working with great men
Cons: there were no cons
The work was steady. During my 14 years there, I had a verity of jobs. My favorite job was that of a laborer simply because every day was a new day and everyday brought a new challenge and no two days were the same. One day we would be caulking a vault and the next day we would build a cable manhole and the nest we would be looking for burnt underground street lighting wires. I worked with one Forman every day for 7 years and we became best friends. He taught me how to skillfully operate a verity of hand tools and machines, think five steps a head and what real team work was all about.
Big company, and more on professional side
COMPUTER AIDED DRAFTING (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2014
Big company, and more on professional side. More interaction between management and staff needed, and also some events will be great.
its ok gd working environment
Incident Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2014
Good co workers and working environment

Lots of new ventures

Good work balance
N/A
IT Change Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2013
I prefer not to review my current employer, however, I am forced to put text in this field so I am writing these sentences without any useful information.
World Class Employer and Company to work for
Procurement, Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: well paying job in a fun fast pace environment
This is the type employer that you dream about. I can't say enough great thing about my time there. I learn to have fun but at the same time be productive at work. My co-workers were great at showing me the ropes when I first started and the mangagement were all very approachable and supportive in my day to day activity.
Great company
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 21, 2013
My working experiences make me an motivated team player specializing in establishing and fostering strong working relationships across many functions, regardless of level, enhancing team success. Strong analytical skills help to fully scope each project, breaking it down to its essential parts, creating an effective worker and leader in ever changing environments.
Professional and fast paced environment where multi tasking is important
Customer Service/Admin (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2013
Pros: given the opportunity to experience different roles and duties.
Cons: many customers having their toronto hydro disconnected for non payment.
A call centre environment where I was required to answer inbound calls from Toronto Hydro customers and ensure customer satisfaction. Also, a place where I was able to improve in being able to multi task during my role in the administration department. The hardest part was dealing with customers escalated issues and ensuring they were satisfied by the end of the call. I enjoyed learning continuously.
Excellent work environment
Electrical Engineering Coop (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONApril 26, 2013
Pros: free lunch and learn
Assisted designers and linesmen with design, calculations and cost estimates for overhead and underground electrical distribution within the Toronto downtown core area. Prepared electrical and civil drawings involving proposed duct work, cable chambers, overhead to underground transitions, feeder-prints, and various installations/removals such as current and power transformers, circuit breakers and pole disconnects. Consulted and communicated with contractors, customers, departments and other parties involved in the planning and execution of projects. Management was amazing and organized and co-workers were always friendly and co-operative; willing to help if you had any questions. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the project within its construction phase.
Toronto Hydro is an excellent company to work for
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 23, 2013
Pros: nice friendly work environment
Cons: things were happening slow
As such a big organization, the work place/environment is very much relaxed and enjoyable. People are always friendly and nice to talk to. Things could be implemented relatively slow, but steady.