Torrance Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

great life work balance
Oncology Pharmacist Liaison (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 24, 2017
Great life work balance but not much growth or personal advancement. Job is very stable. The culture of my department has some issues that inhibit any growth.
Overall Review
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 19, 2017
Even though the work sometimes becomes tiresome, team work is really implemented in this organization. Management does really take good care of their employees. As for fellow coworkers, they really are a family and work as one to make sure patient satisfaction is guaranteed.
Scooping ice cream while smiling
Nutrition Clerk (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 3, 2017
As a nutrition clerk, you get to learn many things like diets, how to count nutrition facts, and what to eat. It's been a great experience. Working with patients, nurses, and registered dieticians have some complications, but in the process it teaches customer service and patience.
Pros
Benefits, meals
Cons
Hours vary, variable work schedule
In the beginning everything was great, but started to go under for the employees after 2012.
Patient Service Representative/Patient Acces Rep. (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 29, 2017
In the beginning, everything was wonderful, until the economy started to take a dive, so did TMMC. They had great work ethic and high standards. HIPPA law was practice greatly. After a few years, TMMC has become a fear base work environment, instead of a friendly atmosphere. I miss my friends greatly, but eventually, the high-paid employees were being phased out, until we were all gone.
Pros
Lunch specials and Hospital celebrations.
Cons
Things have changed and they no longer do what they use too.
Disappointed
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 13, 2017
I prefer not to review this job as it will be posted publicly and I was taught not to speak ill of anyone. I will just say that at the beginning it was very good and it was very disappointing at the end for all concerned, not just me.
Pros
good pay, great benefits
Cons
devalued
Discrimination
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 30, 2017
I came to work at TMMC pharmacy because of the hospital's prestige. After getting hired on I can see how the work environment is, everyone cuts each others throats.
Monitor Tech
Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 21, 2017
Working for TMMC has been a pleasure. The culture on 5W PCU has been developing and improving over the years. Patient safety always comes first and we work together as a team.
Pros
Benefits, culture
Cons
Monitor techs need a higher wage and their own payscale
One of the lasts
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 26, 2017
I have spent most of my nursing career working with TMMC. although has ties with other hospitals, TMMC is standing on its own, hasn't sold out to bigger companies. it's magnet and a great place to work but pays their nurses very low, not competitive and expect alot from them.
Pros
no fees for parking, free mammogram, competent friendly doctors
Cons
low pay with high demands
Escort volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 24, 2017
Going in at 8 am every other Sunday until 12 pm. Myself and about 15 other volunteers patiently wait in a room to be called out by our supervisor and run an errand whether it may be discharging a patient or delivering specimens or newspapers. Everyone is friendly and safe in Torrance Memorial Hospital's environment.
Pros
Getting discount on food
Great place to work. Great people to work with.
Registered Nurse -Part Time on Mother/Baby (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Lots of opportunities to learn new skills if willing. Management is very professional and approachable. Enjoy floating to other units to increase my knowledge and skills.
Pros
no charge for hospital admission /stay if employee. Fees are waved
Cons
Now that I've moved drive is far.
Garbage
Inpatient pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 3, 2017
That place is racist! They treat you unfairly. They smile in your face and stab you in the back. Management in the pharmacy were idiots!!! Had no clue what was even in the pharmacy!
Cons
Racist
Good work place.
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Since it was a temporary job they didn't make me feel welcomed at all. They always reminded me that I was there just covering while someones was gone so didn't feel comfortable at all. Other than that I did learn a lot, it was a good learning experience overall.
quality hospital
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Torrance Memorial Hospital was a solid work place with quality environment. It is still one of the best hospitals in the south bay.
Very busy but fun
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 23, 2016
a typical day at work: very busy due to high acuity level of patients or most of our patients are very ill
what I learned: need to manage time very well, need to coordinate with other ancillary (case manager, social worker, dietitian, PT, OT, ST, etc) aside from MDs; need to deal lots of psychosocial issues not just with the patients but also their families
management: are very supportive
my coworkers: are very helpful with each other because we know if we are not supportive with each other, we will be very behind with not just our tasks, but also might overlook our patient's change of conditions
hardest part of the job: dealing with family issues; some of them are very idealistic and very demanding; some of them think we are maids or robots who could provide their needs and answers right away
most enjoyable part of the job: when patients and their families treat me like their own family, I can feel the respect and appreciation in my hard work; some of them give me treats (food, chocolates, etc) as part of their appreciation and I shared it to my coworkers, this kind of appreciation lightens our day.
Pros
employees are very friendly and helpful with each other
Cons
pay is not as high as other agencies
Productive and compassionate work environment
Registered Nurse Level II (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 14, 2016
Productive and compassionate work environment, good nursing, good physician staff, and good healthcare staff. I enjoyed my 4 years here working in the Emergency Department.
Love working here! Come and join the team !
Nutrition Clerk (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 6, 2016
Staff are super nice and helpful ! There food is amazing as well. New mother baby unit! They're making great changes I love working at Torrance memorial. Great employees and staff! They have a new building, Lunquist Tower very fancy patients have there private room.
Great plaxe to work
Unit Secretary, Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 15, 2016
I gave many years if my life to TMMC, if I had not had a little trouble with the last manager i would probably still be working there if I had not moved to Nevada. There's a great sense of family there. After many years working in the ER and Admissions I changed departments and should have probably stayed where i was but we learn from our mistakes.
Pros
Cons
Cant think if any
Good Company State of the art equipments
RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 23, 2016
Torrance was a very nice hospital to work, altho we were always busy it was good because we had team work, my experience after I became ill was not good, but overall love working there and love my coworkers.
Very busy.
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 30, 2015
The work environment was great but the overall work that was being produced was very insufficient and I felt that the patients were the ones that were losing on care.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
patient care
fast pace work environment, and educational
Housekeeping/ Central services/ instrument tech. (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 19, 2015
Every day was a new experience, very educational, learning something new everyday. I enjoyed every part of my job getting to help others and make sure all areas were clean and organized. My co-workers were very friendly ad helpful and i enjoyed working with them. I would say the hardest part about my job was on certain days there would be a really messy room to clean that was full of bodily fluids, it was hard at times but i still enjoyed my job.
Pros
good environment, great workers, friendly and fun work place
Cons
short breaks, crazy work schedules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Torrance Memorial Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Torrance Memorial Medical Center Reviews by Location