Torrance Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

Responsible work environment
Phlebotomist night shift and Lab tech. (Current Employee), Torrance, CAJune 9, 2015
Working there provides the opportunity to be responsible and accountable. It's an environment that is supportive and provides resources that promotes responsibility and accountability.Policy and procedures are the basis for providing a safe and secure environment. There are classes and course offerings that help and improve the daily job functions.
It is a wonderful workplace
Public Relations Dept, Intern (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJune 3, 2015
I was interning with the public relations department which shares the office with fundraising dept. The working environment is fast-paced, but casual and friendly. Maybe one of the best workplaces I have ever experienced.
Rewarding and Fun
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Torrance, CaliforniaMay 1, 2015
Pros: Teamwork, free lunch
Cons: Short breaks, short staff
A typical shift at work is unpredictable but always rewarding. I worked in oncology so typically I would begin my shift with an assignment, report from off going shift and begin with patient rounding. Introducing myself to my patients. Talking to them and getting to know a little bit about there concerns, likes and dislikes. Some nights would start off extremely busy where the patient requires more assistance than others, heavy admissions and reports. Some night can be very peaceful and quiet. My co workers always worked as a team and made sure that everyone is able to the job that needed to done. The hardest part of my job would be getting a heavy assignment and back to back admissions and trying to assist patients when needed. The most enjoyable part of my job would be knowing that I was ale to provide care for someone and need and being appreciated by the patient.
Energetic and positive work environment.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Torrance Ca.March 28, 2015
Pros: Positive and helpful coworkers and management, room for growth and advancement, caring and considerate environment
Cons: none
Complete 10-15 patient procedures daily. I learned better team work, competently interacting with radiologists, the house computer system. My coworkers were well trained, diverse and energetic. I loved every part of my job. Some duties of the job were more demanding than other parts but I am well trained and competent in all areas of diagnostic imaging. There was nothing I did not like about working at this facility. I would work there again if I lived closer.
Quest Diagnostics
Certified Phlebotomy Technician I (Current Employee), Torrance, CAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: being able to say i worked for quest diagnostics.
Cons: not being hired on permanently.
Quest was a good company. I learned a lot since it was my first time working at a lab of this magnitude. I cannot even lie, it was a bit intimidating at first because of the reputation Quest holds. But all in all I enjoyed my time there.
Torrance as a family
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Working at Torrance Memorial has taught me that you are only as strong as your team. My team consists of the other nurses, CNAs, doctors, respiratory therapist, and many other countless individuals. We may not always agree or get along, but we always know when it's time to put our egos aside and get work done.
Great workplace
SLPA Student (Former Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 11, 2015
I was only part-time but overall it was a great experience. Very supportive co-workers and administration. The new facility is beautiful and a great working environment.
productive and busy 24/7 around clock
Echo Technician (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free ice cream every year
Cons: not enough nurses
learned different patient's cases and find out ways to make them feel better. I learned to act christlike how he reacted with sick people. I wish everyday I have his powers to help heal the sick without going under the knife. The hardest part of the job that you have done all you can to help the patient when it's not healing the patient at all.
Excellent place to work
Security Secretary (Current Employee), Torrance, CADecember 22, 2014
The most enjoyable place to work. Good working environment.
good stability
RCP I (Current Employee), Torrance, CANovember 21, 2014
Pros: longevity
Cons: no room for advancement
good clinical application of basic and advanced skill in my practice and great team
No comment
Laboratory Technician, Phlebotomy (Current Employee), Torrance, CAOctober 22, 2014
short staffing difficult to meet needs of patients, equipment issues
productive and fast paced
Linen Attendent (Former Employee), Torrance, CAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: the supervisors didnt communicate too well so alot of times they didnt know what was going on.
I would get to work print out the papers off the computer for all the areas of the hospital I would have deliver linen. Then I would stock my cart with linen and distribute linen to all my areas. I enjoyed working my co-workers they were all really hard working and professional. the hardest part of my job was if the hospital was busy then all the floors would be calling for linen all night so I would have to keep going back to the same floors. The most enjoyable part was it was really fast paced so I always styed busy there was always some work to do.
Great place to work for!
LVN (Current Employee), Torrance, CAJune 27, 2014
I work with a great team of individuals. Going to miss them all.
GREAT ORGANIZATION
Scheduling (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJune 25, 2014
TMMC is a great hospital to work for. The employees are great and the hospital is gorgeous. Management at TMMC treats everyone fairly with an equal amount of respect. There wasn't anything hard about this job for me. The most enjoyable part of the job were the managers and co-workers. They made everything fun and easy as they were always willing to help.
RN Floor RN and Relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Torrance, CAMay 21, 2014
Pros: great team, great experience
Cons: high census, patient ratio issues
Responsible for 4:1 patient care. Cared for patients 3:1 ratio in a direct observation monitoring unit. Monitored and removed arterial lines for post cardiac intervention and endardectomies. Provided basic care for all medical surgical and telemetry patients. Fulfilled relief charge nurse position for two units which consisted of 41 bed and 29 bed units.
Great hospital
surgical transporter (Current Employee), Torrance, CAMay 20, 2014
i been working here for a bit over 9 months and im glad to say that this is the best hospital I have ever encountered and work in. by far the best
Professional and Leading Edge Hospital
RN Staff Nurse/Newborn Nursery and Postpartum (Former Employee), Torrance, CAMay 14, 2014
Torrance Memorial Medical Center is a professional institution
and fun to work at.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee), Torrance, CAApril 29, 2014
My responsibilities include initiating respiratory interventions, ventilator changes and interpretation of all relevant lab and procedure results for the patients under my care. . I am comfortable working with all modes of ventilation and have hands on experience with the PB840, Servo I, Respironics Vision, V60's and Vapotherm high flow oxygen delivery system. As a lead therapist I am responsible for balancing staffing and equipment needs to meet our patient demands. I have worked extensively with the Cerner Millennium electronic charting platform, Gem 4000 ABG analyzer and Breeze spirometry application.
No room for advancement if your a minority
Non-invasive Cardiovascular Technologist (Former Employee), Torrance, CAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: hr, management, racial tension
Faced with racial tension daily, not offered classes nor upward movement . Racial slurs expected and not addressed by Management. Worked here 10 yrs and lt was the worst 10 yrs dealing with being called colored by visitors , discriminated by the doctors and staff daily.
Not positive
Hospital Floor Technician (Former Employee), torrance caFebruary 24, 2014
I didn't have a good working experience in this place. I was isolated from amongst my other co-workers and told by the evs director dont fall into their work habits.So for four months straight (only missing two work related days) I burst my hump working three floors in eight hours,getting the work done,looking to being a permanent team member and then all of a sudden three other(s) were hired and I was let go.Can you believe that.On the same day. The most enjoyable part of the job was some of the people I met that worked in other dept. Guess I should have believed them when they said......