Torrance Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Good Company State of the art equipments
RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 23, 2016
Torrance was a very nice hospital to work, altho we were always busy it was good because we had team work, my experience after I became ill was not good, but overall love working there and love my coworkers.
Very busy.
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 30, 2015
The work environment was great but the overall work that was being produced was very insufficient and I felt that the patients were the ones that were losing on care.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
patient care
fast pace work environment, and educational
Housekeeping/ Central services/ instrument tech. (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 19, 2015
Every day was a new experience, very educational, learning something new everyday. I enjoyed every part of my job getting to help others and make sure all areas were clean and organized. My co-workers were very friendly ad helpful and i enjoyed working with them. I would say the hardest part about my job was on certain days there would be a really messy room to clean that was full of bodily fluids, it was hard at times but i still enjoyed my job.
Pros
good environment, great workers, friendly and fun work place
Cons
short breaks, crazy work schedules
bumpy work flow
Assist patients (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 8, 2015
Heavy phone calls flow not diverted properly. Not enough staff for work flow. I learned to be very patient when answering patient questions regarding booking radiology appointment.
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 1, 2015
I enjoyed working at Torrance for all the years I did, the staff and management were great. Haven't worked there in a couple years have heard that things have changed
Pros
Everyone was great from managers, to security, to evs, to cafe workers was always a happy place to go to.
Cons
floating to other units
Torrance Memorial Medical Center
Intern (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 23, 2015
I believe that Torrance Memorial Medical Center is a wonderful place to work and learn from. It has a staff full of passionate and hardworking people. The campus is extremely modern and new, that most patients are really relived when they see that they are in an awesome hospital that the patients love so much,
very busy, good experience
Staff RN, Orthopedic Unit (Former Employee) –  Lomita, County of Los AngelesOctober 3, 2015
great environment for learning, very busy, fantastic experience and learning.Orthopedic surgeries, general medical surgical, it really got me started in my career all that experience.
Pros
good experience
Cons
too busy
Good pay but no work and lack of direction
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 8, 2015
Competitive pay in the IT space but significant lack of work, direction and advancement. Good starting place but no for career growth.
Responsible work environment
Phlebotomist night shift and Lab tech. (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 9, 2015
Working there provides the opportunity to be responsible and accountable. It's an environment that is supportive and provides resources that promotes responsibility and accountability.Policy and procedures are the basis for providing a safe and secure environment. There are classes and course offerings that help and improve the daily job functions.
It is a wonderful workplace
Public Relations Dept, Intern (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 3, 2015
I was interning with the public relations department which shares the office with fundraising dept. The working environment is fast-paced, but casual and friendly. Maybe one of the best workplaces I have ever experienced.
Rewarding and Fun
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CaliforniaMay 1, 2015
A typical shift at work is unpredictable but always rewarding. I worked in oncology so typically I would begin my shift with an assignment, report from off going shift and begin with patient rounding. Introducing myself to my patients. Talking to them and getting to know a little bit about there concerns, likes and dislikes. Some nights would start off extremely busy where the patient requires more assistance than others, heavy admissions and reports. Some night can be very peaceful and quiet. My co workers always worked as a team and made sure that everyone is able to the job that needed to done. The hardest part of my job would be getting a heavy assignment and back to back admissions and trying to assist patients when needed. The most enjoyable part of my job would be knowing that I was ale to provide care for someone and need and being appreciated by the patient.
Pros
Teamwork, free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, short staff
Energetic and positive work environment.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Torrance Ca.March 28, 2015
Complete 10-15 patient procedures daily. I learned better team work, competently interacting with radiologists, the house computer system. My coworkers were well trained, diverse and energetic. I loved every part of my job. Some duties of the job were more demanding than other parts but I am well trained and competent in all areas of diagnostic imaging. There was nothing I did not like about working at this facility. I would work there again if I lived closer.
Pros
Positive and helpful coworkers and management, room for growth and advancement, caring and considerate environment
Quest Diagnostics
Certified Phlebotomy Technician I (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 13, 2015
Quest was a good company. I learned a lot since it was my first time working at a lab of this magnitude. I cannot even lie, it was a bit intimidating at first because of the reputation Quest holds. But all in all I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
being able to say i worked for quest diagnostics.
Cons
not being hired on permanently.
Torrance as a family
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Working at Torrance Memorial has taught me that you are only as strong as your team. My team consists of the other nurses, CNAs, doctors, respiratory therapist, and many other countless individuals. We may not always agree or get along, but we always know when it's time to put our egos aside and get work done.
Great workplace
SLPA Student (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 11, 2015
I was only part-time but overall it was a great experience. Very supportive co-workers and administration. The new facility is beautiful and a great working environment.
productive and busy 24/7 around clock
Echo Technician (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 26, 2015
learned different patient's cases and find out ways to make them feel better. I learned to act christlike how he reacted with sick people. I wish everyday I have his powers to help heal the sick without going under the knife. The hardest part of the job that you have done all you can to help the patient when it's not healing the patient at all.
Pros
free ice cream every year
Cons
not enough nurses
Excellent place to work
Security Secretary (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 22, 2014
The most enjoyable place to work. Good working environment.
good stability
RCP I (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 21, 2014
good clinical application of basic and advanced skill in my practice and great team
Pros
longevity
Cons
no room for advancement
No comment
Laboratory Technician, Phlebotomy (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 22, 2014
short staffing difficult to meet needs of patients, equipment issues
productive and fast paced
Linen Attendent (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 10, 2014
I would get to work print out the papers off the computer for all the areas of the hospital I would have deliver linen. Then I would stock my cart with linen and distribute linen to all my areas. I enjoyed working my co-workers they were all really hard working and professional. the hardest part of my job was if the hospital was busy then all the floors would be calling for linen all night so I would have to keep going back to the same floors. The most enjoyable part was it was really fast paced so I always styed busy there was always some work to do.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
the supervisors didnt communicate too well so alot of times they didnt know what was going on.

Torrance Memorial Medical Center Reviews by Location