Torrid Employee Reviews

Daily routines
Store Manager (Former Employee), MontclairAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: little hrs for sales associates
Ensuring excellent customer service, stocking store, shipments, and markdowns. Torrid is a great experience for anyone interested in Fashion and Music
i LOVE my job here
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tracy, CAAugust 25, 2015
I love working at Torrid. Like any other place there is issues with people feeling like there are favorites and all the other complaints that I have seen on these reviews but that isn't really the case! – more... They just want you to do your job. There isn't long hours or anything as an associate. When I was an associate I didn't get many hours only about 18 every pay period and that was the most in my store but if you aren't looking for alot of hours it is a nice job. There is room for growing and great opportunities! I am now a key holder and I really love my job here! – less
A fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Juan, PRAugust 24, 2015
Cons: Staff not organized
I was able to grow as a person and as a sales associate with this job, not only because of the team but also because of the customers. I loved this job and everything that came with it, and I learned to be more goal seeker, and to connect with the customers to reach the goal.
Not so much fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Concord, NCAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Terrible supervisors, lazy managers, rude customers, bad training
Torrid, at first I thought was fun. But where I was working, the management was not great. From the store manager to the district, they took credit and didn't treat the actual hard workers fair, that they lost a lot of good ones. They need more headstrong leaders than people who brown nose.
Productive and great environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Connecting with customers
Cons: Very few amount of hours
Torrid was my first experience as a sales associate. Customer service within Torrid was very different then previous jobs I worked in. I learned how to really build a connection with a customer and assisting – more... them so that they are pleased with their experience. I learned excellent selling skills and always reached my sales targets. Management was really great, they trained us well on every aspect of how the company is operated. It was a friendly but also professional environment. – less
Productive work place that focuses on Customer Service and Styling Clients.
Key Holder (Former Employee), Westminster, CAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: discounts on clothing
Cons: short breaks, no paid time off.
Productive work place with an amazing management team! Customers and sales were our number one priority. I would make great sales and be awarded as Employee of The Month.
Super empowering place to work!
Part-Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILJuly 19, 2015
I love working here! My managers are very nice and encouraging! The workload is heavy but the customers are fabulous, as well as the rest of the staff!
A good part time job, if you're not worried about hours.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Murray, UTJuly 12, 2015
In the short time that I have worked here, I love it. The only issue that I have is the fact that they hardly give out hours to newcomers.

Starting out, you get good training. It's easy. You learn about – more... the store rewards card, how to process clothing into correct departments, and just how things work in general.

Management is highly organized and friendly, very understanding. The other associates are very helpful and everyone is fast on their feet and efficient when it comes to keeping the store organized, handling customers and making the sale.

The most enjoyable part for me would be the customers, they're all women (and the occasional men) trying to look and feel confident. A lot of them are funny and talkative. The hardest part would just have to be making sure that all of the processed clothing makes it back out onto the floor before my shift ends. Overall 8/10. – less
Very fun and rewarding job!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJune 30, 2015
Pros: 401K, 40% discount, fun atmosphere, good pay and regular raises, you could also have a LIFE
Cons: Neurotic manager who was never satisfied, unfair termination of fellow employee
Every day was a team challenge, there were lots of contests for stores and it was a fun and competitive environment. The company truly cares about customer and employee feedback (mostly customer feedback, unfortunately employees can't even be in the model contest and they bust their butt and purchase so much of their products!)
good and bad
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 20, 2015
Pros: lovely customers
Cons: high expectations for little respect
low hours even for full time associates, high expectations for low pay and assets to execute effective floor coverage and product shipment. they expect a lot for a little. the customers are the best part of the job getting to know a lot of confident stylish people.
Fun to start, but goes downhill.....
Full-time Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 18, 2015
I was hired as a store manager in training with the understanding that I would have my own store in 3-6 months. I've heard 3 to 6 months for over a year. It's a great place to work and the associates and store level management is great, beyond that not so much.
terrible cannabalistic culture
Store Manager (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJune 9, 2015
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: terrible culture of threats
its great because you are only allowed to work 40 hours...its the only retailer that does that. and its awesome. but. the dms are not supportive. they lie. they are underhanded and I suggest you move on. work for hot topic..the culture is more fun...more supportive and overall way more positive than torrid. you wont get any help...just threats.
Pproductive and fun workplace with great fellow emplyees and managment.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 1, 2015
Pros: Paid lunches
Cons: Hours
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping women of plus size feel great in our products. My manager is excellent at keeping us on task and making sure that everything moves in an orderly fashion.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Low Pay and no hours
Is helping plus size women feel good in there skin. By helping customers feel great in the clothes that i pick out for them lets me know i am helping people build there confidence up.
A fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 13, 2015
Everyone was friendly and willing to help each other. This place showed me a lot about customer service is important. I also learned how to suggest accessories and a style to each customer.
Working at Torrid
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAMay 11, 2015
Helping customers and making connections with customers and my fellow employees. Management could've been better at times, but it was still a great place to work.
Good Company
Associate Buyer (Current Employee), Industry, CAMay 11, 2015
Nice company to work for. Fun atmosphere and great people. Learn a lot of what exactly pop culture is. Good benefits and bonuses.
Productive and Fun Vibe
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 10, 2015
Pros: Great Discounts
Cons: Breaks
I loved working for this company. Everyday I came into work was like coming into a fashion show. They have changed the company since I've left but I wouldn't mind returning back to work there.
productive work place
sales associate (Former Employee), Victorville, CAMay 9, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company because I was always surrounded by positive people. made me feel good on a bad day I learned to do things on my own I also learned social skills. the management where – more... great people even though they mad things hard at times they gave me faith to get through it. I feel as if they challenged me to help me learn. the hardest part about the job was being able to speak to people with out being shy, and my co workers helped me over come it. the most enjoyable time at the job was being around the good people. – less
Great Enviroment! Absolutely love my fellow co corkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), phoenixMay 6, 2015
Pros: meeting amazing people
Cons: all positions part time
Working with this company has been the most beneficial. I had an amazing manager she gave me an amazing work ethic. I learned floor set and merchandizing. I was also trained to do inventory.