Torrid Employee Reviews

Pleasent place to work
Sales associate/ key holder (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 15, 2017
although it was a blast to work here, the environment, people you work with and events it does have major issues. The pay for the kind of job you are doing is a bit on the low side, some store rules were a bit intense and hard to follow, I understand why they were there, but i feel it created some problems. But once you overcome them, it has been such a pleasure working with all the ladies I encountered. And i hope to come back to the company in the future ( once they open a store near me! ) :)
Pros
discounts, events, attitude, products, enviroment.
Cons
pay, benefits, some regulations.
its ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJuly 15, 2017
Everyone who works there has a sense of im better then everyone because i work here. You cant get hours unless your best friends with the manager and she doesn't care. The story stays a mess.
Good clothes, Bad job incentives
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 14, 2017
You work for an hourly rate, but there is never enough staff. Each retail associate is competing for more sales which everyone is nice about. Although when it comes to keeping track of those sales other retail associates can ring up those sales for themselves and take credit. The customer side of things is fine; I rarely had a problem with customers.
My problem with the company was the way in which the scheduled work hours were distributed. I did pretty well in sales; averaging about $350-$500 in sales a shift. When most customers are only buying $65-$85 worth of merchandise for each transaction my swiftly sales were solid. However when I was hired I was promised 25-35 hours a week. Due to other retails associates no meeting a daily sale plan my shifts were cut down to 10-15 hours a week and I had to quit.
Pros
good breaks, %40 employee discount
Cons
never enough staff, will have shifts canceled or cut
Plus-Size On Trend Clothing Store
Key Carrier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 10, 2017
Plus sized clothing, shoes, and accessories that are on trend separate Torrid from other plus-size retailers. High turnover rate, but overall a nice place to work.
Not worth it
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 10, 2017
Pay is horrible and respect is non-existent. The employees are expendable to them and they don't offer great benefits. Hours are ALWAYS getting cut. The discount is nice, but not worth the headache.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Fun and informative work area
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 9, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Torrid for the most part. It was amazing to see plus size women come in not knowing what they wanted, and having them leave feeling confident in themselves and loving the items that they bought. The job was amazing, it was not to hard to learn everything. The only downfall of working there was the staff that I personally worked with. Some of my coworkers were amazing and we got along fantastically! But there were a few individuals that were not the most polite people I have met. But overall, working for Torrid was a great experience!
Awesome place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 5, 2017
Friendly, relaxed environment that still offers some fast-paced moments. Management is always concerned about employees as real people and the culture is something to be admired.
Great people but to much volume of work for little pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJuly 3, 2017
I loved working with people and my managers were great but hours are all over the place. 20hrs at 8.75 is only 176 for the week not enough to get by. I have a family to support and unless you are at the top of the food change you can not do that at Torrid
Pros
Great company nice people
Cons
Little pay for a max volume of work
Hahaha
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 1, 2017
If you want hours or respect standing on the street with a sign would get you more money and respect then this job. The management sucked, the customers were rude, and the goals and hours for this job were unreasonable
Pros
40 percent discount
Cons
Everything else
Productive fun place
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2017
Great place to work fun productive place. Easy to build relationships with customers. Just more organized. Great place to work in retail. Get great hours
Pros
Raises
Cons
Health care

Want to know more about Torrid?

Ask a question
Love the job, hate the hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 27, 2017
Torrid is an amazing company to work for as long as you are not expecting to get a lot of hours. I typically only get about 3-9 hours a week and that's barely enough to get me by. The managers are amazing, they treat you like family but also make sure you are doing your tasks correctly, your coworkers will be your best friends as long as you personalities mesh. The hardest part of the job is honestly making sure that every customer feels like they matter, you have to create that atmosphere. The most enjoyable part is the people you work with like I said they are like family. Great company to work for as long as you are not looking for more than 9 hours a week.
Pros
coworkers, great discounts
Cons
short breaks, cleaning the store yourself.
Terrible hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2017
Want you to work like 3 hours a day. They call you to be at their beck and call. Discount is bomb at 40% off. Customers are pretty cool. I liked to work shipment it was easier than being on the floor.
Pros
Cons
hours
Passionate about what we do!
Part-time assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CT 06451June 24, 2017
I enjoy working at Torrid, I feel like I have an impact on customer's lives every day, it's overall a wonderful company to work for. I would always return to work here just because of how we have a personalized customer service (something you really can't find in many stores.) I've learned so much in the 2 years I've been with Torrid, I plan to use those skills in both my professional and personal life.
Pros
40-50% off discount, flexible schedule, benefits..
Cons
healthcare
Best first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  National City, CAJune 21, 2017
Torrid is the best place to work when you want to practice retail and customer service skills. One on one interaction with customers and providing high quality service. The employee discount is a major plus to look good for the company.
It helped me gain a better sense in fashion
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 21, 2017
I didn't work for this company for very long but it wasn't because I was treated poorly, I just got another job with better pay and on my career path. I enjoyed the people I worked with and loved the customer base, for the most part. I didn't attempt to advance in the company so I don't know if there are prospects.
Pros
discount on cute clothes made for your body type
Cons
it is an unlivable wage but what retail job is?
A fun job when shifts are available
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJune 19, 2017
I was hired as a sales associate, part time. My thought was that the least amount of hours available to part time employers was 8hrs/week. Well, at Torrid I got 3hrs/week quite often. Which at $10/hr barely covered the gas to get to and from the store from my house. When I was actually working, it was great. Nice people, fun atmosphere, great employee discount. BUT the fact is that my shifts were constantly being cut, because there was "nothing for me to do". I would get phone calls on the days I was scheduled to work, telling me not to come in because there was nothing to do. The problem is that there are SO MANY employees for such a tiny store, that stuff literally gets done AHEAD of schedule, and the hours are so tight that people get shifts cut constantly.
Pros
Discount, nice people, fun easy job
Cons
No hours available, shifts get cut when you do get hours
Great Environment w/ A Great Discount
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2017
Torrid by far is the best retail job I have ever had. The work environment is very friendly and we all feel like a family. The employees do get a 40% discount and occasionally 50% discount on employee weekend. The only fault within the company is the if you are anything less than a full time manager, you cannot make a living for yourself. Sales associates receive less than 10 hours a week most the time making less than $10 an hour even though we sell $60 jeans. Though this isn't a job to pay the bills, it is a great environment.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Low Hours
Fun Workplace, Few Hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 15, 2017
A typical day at Torrid consisted of performing various tasks and assignments within your given shift.Tasks included maintaining the look of the store, answering customers' questions or concerns, up-selling merchandise, informing customers about the Torrid Insider and Torrid Credit Card, and overall making the store a warm, welcoming place that customers will want to come back to.

The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with the customers and helping them feel confident in themselves once again. Part of our mission at Torrid was to make the customers feel confident in themselves. The most difficult part was trying to do that when you yourself didn't feel confident and upbeat that day.
Pros
Great employee discounts, fast-paced environment, fun workplace, amazing coworkers
Cons
Minimal work hours given despite availability, many days go by understaffed, lots of shifts get cut
havent worked here in years.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 15, 2017
again i think it is silly to write a review about a job that i had over 7 years ago. i left this job and found a new one for a reason. i think the most recent job is the only one that should be reviewed.
Fun Job, Positive Plus Size environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJune 14, 2017
Overall its a pretty fun job, I get to make plus size women feel comfortable in their skin and dress them in fashion forward clothing rather than matronly shapeless frocks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Torrid. Our community is ready to answer.