Tory Burch Employee Reviews

I love it
Full Time Sales (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 4, 2017
I love working for tory burch. she is very big on family so it's nice working for a company who values personal time and allows you time off easily to be with your family and bond with them and have a personal life. i enjoy going into work because of this. i get along well my managers and the district managers as well. it is a very laxed environment but we all get out work done and numbers met. it isn't a stressful environment and i really do enjoy working for this company.
Pros
personal time, friendly managers/coworkers, small parties
Cons
short lunches
Depends on locations
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2017
Honestly one of the worst experiences I've ever had in retail. It is a privately owned company which means there is virtually no structure and a lot of grey area. The specific manager I worked for had zero respect for their employees time and would often be very disrespectful while she sat in the office and sent "emails". Honestly one of the most poor ran businesses.
Pros
60% off like 4 times a year
Cons
Never get to leave on your scheduled time, no work life balance, no meal compliance
Great co workers. Management team is very unprofessional.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  California, USAFebruary 1, 2017
Whatever questions, received different answers from each managers.
Lunch break must be 30 min. According to manager, 35 min is too long.
Unstable hours to full time employees. It changes between 35hours - 40hours weekly bases. Including 2hours cleaning time, which is unfair for commission based employees.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Unprofessional management
Work is what you make it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 29, 2016
I enjoy working for the company but like any work place, it all depends on who the management team is and if they are genuinely willing to invest time in your development.

Some great advice a former manager from Tory gave me was "If you're not progressing the way you would like to, move on."

It's very simple and totally makes sense.
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
Lack of professionalism and lack of development
a nice place to work for a short while but not a long term place.
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2016
Great company to work for, for a short while if you want to have fun , work very long and crazy hours and not worry about personal growth.
An amazing team, very nice and willing to help in any which way to get the work done.
Unfortunately, upper management does not know what really goes on and what it takes to get the job done. Unrealistic expectations.
Pros
nice people, nice discounts, nice long vacations, lots of perks
Cons
upper management does not know what really goes on, and what it takes to get the job done, Unrealistic expectations, not enough balance between work and personal life.
cliquey workplace with favorites
Other (Former Employee) –  NYNovember 29, 2016
management is horrible. they sit and talk about people, sit on their phones, give themselves holidays off, etc. but will reprimand others for things they do. no one is on the same page. you get 10 different answers from 10 different managers. its very cliquey.
Pros
none.
Cons
cliquey. hypocritical. fake.
Unrealistic
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CASeptember 13, 2016
This company expects 100% open availability but will schedule you as little as 5 hours in a work week. That includes no time off for religious practice or family needs.

Promote from within? Forget about it. They keep bringing in new managers who clearly BS'd their application and you will find yourself scratching your head over and over again about their management decisions.

Little to no pay raises but monthly bonus incentives with sales goals grossly inflated for a company that is clearly a sinking ship.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Not many hours, low pay, no raises.
Run while you can!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 25, 2016
They sell you a complete BS culture and promise you the world, but it is completely unrealistic! The goals are not achievable, and upper management throws field associates under the bus at every chance. They want to be luxury, but the product is poor, and always discounted. You are better off anywhere else!!!!
Lacks Management and Process
Product Development Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2016
-Overdevelops products
-Large ratio of Developed product versus what is produced
-Lacks work life balance
-Management needs to be improved
-Compensation needs to be improved, too much work for too little pay
Great clothes and accessories !
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 21, 2017
Amazing work life balance. great incentives for sales associates,
beautiful collections and shoes. Great culture and core values.
Service trainings is one of the best I have ever work with.
Efficient client focused business
Seasonal Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 8, 2017
This is a fast paced work environment. It has a very supportive and approachable management. Co-workers are friendly and helpful and always willing to help and coordinate.
Support sales associate
Support Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2017
Wonderful company to work for. Learned a lot. Management was great. the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job. Do not include confidential company info.
Good place to work good balance between business
Operations coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYDecember 19, 2016
Good place to work good balance between business. Advancement is a challenge, seems they like to hire from outside the company rather than promote within the company.
Busy, chaotic, with little training and no support from corporate
Management (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 27, 2016
Waste of time from a career perspective and an unsafe bet from an investment perspective. After seeing how undone this brand is from the inside I would not invest $1 of my money as they have little to no control over their stores and their people.
Pros
Your female relatives will love you
Cons
Complete disarray at the corporate office, discord between field leaders, leads to chaotic store environment, with unhappy and disloyal workers.
Great work Athmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJanuary 26, 2017
Tory Burch is a great company to work for. The staff at Tory Burch is great as well as atmosphere. Working for this company has many advantages and experiences.
Poor management with really bad attitude
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FL 33323July 20, 2016
The Company is taking a different direction and want to Bank more for them self so they took the commission out, most of the time is busy and have to deal with more than two customer at the time which is good because the time pass fast. No job security at all they just can say your position is not longer exist without previous notice and your are out. Every month have a new hire since every month somebody quick. Managers are very rude and sarcastic.
Tory Burch Sawgrass
Pros
Meet good coworkers but as they come they go
Cons
Management, job insecurity, job environment, life balance (schedules).
Was good then got bad
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Woodbury commonsNovember 9, 2016
Management sucks. Pay sucks. Very underpaid for the amount of work the expect you to do. Didn't feel like my managers appreciated my work. I loved my co-workers disliked the management team very much!!!
Wonderful place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAAugust 28, 2016
I would certainly work here again, it was a great work life balance and a good environment. Although associates did have high daily sales goals, it was not a negative or high pressure environment for the associates. It was actually very helpful and a teamwork vibe.
Tb
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 8, 2017
Fun, competitive and great staff make this job amazing. Always fun to look throughout a woman's eyes and see what attracts her attention.
Productive fast paced fashion house
Facilities/Office Services Manager (Former Employee) –  11 West 19th street Ny, Ny, 10011June 17, 2016
My day would start with a 1.5 hour commute to Manhattan from Brooklyn every morning. Once I get into my office I review all emails and service requests for the company. Once email has been completed I then conduct a walkthrough of all 7 floors of the Tory Burch facility to assure all operations are running properly. I then consult with my team and delegate different tasks to assure all work will be completed in a timely manner.
The hardest part of the job I would have to say commuting on the NYC Subway system.
Pros
company discount, Summer Fridays
Cons
Extremely fast pace at all times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tory Burch. Our community is ready to answer.