Toshiba Business Solutions

Toshiba Business Solutions Employee Reviews

Produce/design all marketing materials; print, and keep everything up-to-date.
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Mount Gilead, NCJune 16, 2015
The division of Toshiba I work for is the Copier Division for the state of NC. Although I still do marketing and design, the majority of my duties now require I copy/print all the materials for a particular school system. It keeps me very busy.

Whenever any of the schools or administration in that county school system need forms, tests, or other printed materials, they e-mail me their files and the particulars of their printing requirements. I fulfill their orders, package them for shipping and do the accounting for billing purposes.

Internally, I create all support materials including IDs for the company's service technicians and sales force; create/print business cards for sales, techs and new techs (keeping up-to-date with Toshiba’s newest specs) ; keep NC Territorial/Regional Maps up-to-date for both Sales and Service; produce customized Welcome Packets for new customers; generate seasonal / promotional ads (including e-mail ads); update organizational charts, and write AD copy for more effective e-mail marketing campaigns to solicit new business.

I also make myself available as a Trouble-shooter/Resource for Sales (often, I’m called upon to help current clients with problems they may be experiencing with printing/software). Since I am self-motivated and competent, I am relied upon to complete most of my duties with minimum supervision.

Working for an International Corporation has its downside in that we are still on a salary freeze from 2008 and it's becoming harder to make ends meet.
love doing my job
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Addison, TXJune 11, 2015
A day at work is to contact business owners and try to set up as many demos as possible. The best part about this job was I was real good at getting large and small business owners to do demos and the business owners love talking to me. I also worked in Administration and was very, very good at doing that.
Fun atmosphere
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 20, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: None
Good job overall. I enjoyed my time there. I mostly enjoyed the people I worked with and the time outside of work with them.
Freedom
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Mount Gilead, NCMay 7, 2015
You need to enjoy moving around a lot, for this job. I averaged nearly 300 miles a day, traveling from job to job.
Supervision was light (as long as my performance was good), with regular reviews of my work performance.
Productive and Promising
Account Executive (Current Employee), Eagan, MNApril 7, 2015
Toshiba is a phenomenal company that truly has your best values and interest at heart. With the absolute perfect balance of work and personal life Toshiba understands what it takes to be successful in the workforce and as an individual. I highly recommend taking the opportunity and seeing what working for a global company with a hometown-local feel is truly like.
Amazing place to work
Regional Service Tech (Current Employee), MissouriApril 1, 2015
Pros: You are allowed alot of freedom while working.
Cons: can get crazy busy if people are out sick.
Wonderful management
Great teamwork among technicians
There is zero micro-management
You are allowed to make decisions on what would benefit your job while in the field.
Training classes are very detailed and a wonderful experience.
Great place to get started
Account Executive (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCFebruary 24, 2015
Lots of freedom to run your own business. Great for someone to get their feet wet with outside sales. High Activity environment.
Coworkers make going to work worth it all
Overworked (Current Employee), Wilmington, MAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: the people you get to work with everyday
Cons: leadership
tenured extremely professional hard working co workers wearing many hats, people are very generous supporting various charity organizations,
productive fun workplace with ping pong table
Aftermarket Account Sales Executive (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: good benefits, ping pong table, great people
Cons: infrequent raises and a lot of admin work for the sales team with quotas.
Fast paced environment with a lot of multitasking which I love.. and I had a great team to work with on a daily basis. Hardest part of the job was that it was a lot of work, A lot of admin work for a sales team to handle with a quota. Most enjoyable was definitely the people. I was there 7 years and will really miss the staff.
Toxic enviroment
Director of Administration (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 17, 2015
Company is dysfunctional and political at best. Very sales driven to the detriment of the rest of staff. Management is one sided. 11 or more different software packages used to run company. Enjoyed working with some of the people.
innovative company to work for
Sales Manager (Current Employee), PAJanuary 28, 2015
Toshiba is on the front lines of the technology sector allowing my reps to set themselves apart from our competition. They provide the tools and training to elevate our exposure in the technology industry,
No Future, No Support, Unrealistic Minimums
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), PAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: benefits provided
Cons: management, pay structure
Really poor management. No real opportunity to advance. Employees are threatened with being fired on a rotating schedule.
Great Company
Account Executive (Former Employee), Carmel, INDecember 3, 2014
Toshiba has a name everyone can identify. Software, digital Signage to software there are many avenues to make money. Great training threw Toshiba Direct. 2 week program that is great for an entry level rep. The hardest part of this job is a compensation plan that is hard to hit for new reps. In all great company but differs on what state you are working in.
Outstanding job
Warehouse Coordinator/Driver (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PANovember 3, 2014
I loved working for Toshiba. I would still be there today if I didn't have to relocate. Co-workers are great to work with. Other branches are happy to assist in getting product.
Good company.
Delivery, Installer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 30, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good atmosphere
Cons: bad management, micro-management
Great company, some managers are a bit iffy. Great hours, decent pay. No room for advancement. Benefits are great
A company that sets the standards in the office equipment industry.
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 11, 2014
This company was by far the best office equipment dealership that I've been employed with for the twelve years I've been working in this industry. I had excellent resources at my disposal when confronted with networking problems or copy quality issues that I may not have encountered before. The company has an excellent website where the tech has resourceful and valuable information pertaining to the equipment the tech may need while out in the field.
Collection manger
Cash Application Specialist/ Website Management (Current Employee), Long Beach, CASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: went out of business
I started a collector and worked my way up to manager. Learned skills that have lasted me my whole life.
Support System
Account Executive (Current Employee), Asheville, NCAugust 14, 2014
great support system from management and logistics to the service team and IT professionals - well all have eachothers back and always aim for excellence
Company could be so much better
Credit Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis IndianaAugust 11, 2014
I don't feel like they take care of their employees. No 401k match since 2009
Overall enjoyed working here
Account Executive (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLAugust 6, 2014
I started in this field with Toshiba. At the time there was no structured training, I believe that has since changed. Compensation plan is a convoluted. Benefits were good with the exception of 401k, company stopped matching about 5 years ago. Salary is only $30k while there is uncapped commissions, getting started takes quite a while.
Industry