Toshiba Business Solutions

Toshiba Business Solutions Employee Reviews

Toshiba was good while it lasted
Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2017
I would start my day on site at a service call at 8:00am.The machines I was trained on were serviced and fixed.I was always in contact with my Supervisor to let them know of any machine or customer issues.The workplace culture was to be self sufficient.The hardest part of the job was travel between calls sometimes which could be a time constraint for response times.The most enjoyable part of the job was working on and fixing problems.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Laid off
Good people
Salesforce Administrator (Current Employee) –  UsaMarch 17, 2017
Great people and atmosphere but super small tech department and it feels like they don't want to invest in their tech department. Understandable since they're a sales company but don't count on there being many technical openings at this company. More like sales executive openings.
Pros
Nice people and atmosphere big name
Cons
Small tech department not much mobility and advancement opportunities
Too much on my plate
Front desk receptionist / Copy Operator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 26, 2017
Toshiba was a bizarre experience. I was hired to be front desk, which ended up including ALL the billing for everything. I also was expected to run a copy center, which was installed in the back of the downtown copier showroom, all by myself. I was also sent onsite to perform commercial scanning jobs, again, all by myself. The thought of hiring more help simply slipped their minds.
Great First Sales job out of college
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 4, 2017
Selling Copier Equipment was a great first sales job out of college. Making 25-30 cold calls a day in my territory and being told "no" on 20 of the 25 cold calls is a real skin "thickener". Great comradery among the sales team. Morning meetings at 7:30 everyday including role playing demonstrations on the copiers. The base salary was low, but he benefits were good, and commission potential was excellent.
Pros
great bonus structure
Cons
low base salary
Mid line competitor
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 27, 2017
you must be a self starter with very little management available. Very difficult to get inventory for new equipment. Some security problems due to the area and limited customer paring.
Toshiba did not have a full product line offer and limited our getting the large accounts
Pros
Great Service
Cons
remote location
Excellent Job Work/Life Balance
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 6, 2017
Toshiba Business Solutions in Pittsburgh Pa offers flexible hours, paid vacation and sick leave ensuring a rested, energetic and motivated work force.
Pros
flexible time, non exempt hourly pay
Cons
Advancement and transfer opportunity very limited and difficult
In-Office Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJanuary 24, 2017
On a day to day basis I managed the orders, shipping and and timely delivery of the multiple clients within my territory. I was also responsible for establishing relationships with new leads, offer competitive pricing and coordinate with the outside sales department.
Great training program for new employees
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 23, 2017
Plan your own day to see and meet new clients. Flexible schedule but must be very productive to be successful. Everyone is very nice and willing to help you with your questions. It can be a competitive nature between the reps when it comes to sales numbers.
Worked with Sales/Training/Marketing areas
Executive Assistant-VP of Sales/Training (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLOctober 4, 2016
Starts early which I enjoy.
Sales, commissions and promotional assignments
Training manuals and flyers
Assist inTraining
Monthly Sales Meetings-Presentations/Rewards
Variety of reports in Excel/PowerPoint/Word for Sales and Training
Practice Six Sigma guidelines
Gallup Committee Chairperson
Co-workers great - all hard workers, organized and dedicated
Most enjoyable- those I worked with with variety of assignments
Pros
Great hours - 7:30-4:30, Salary, and Office Culture
Cons
Lay-offs
Great place to work 10+ years ago
Vice President & General Manager (Former Employee) –  AnonymousSeptember 25, 2016
Culture has changed for the worse. We once had a family, a tight knit group of hard working employees that loved working together. Decisions starting being made from other locations and slowly are driving it into the ground. Basic decisions starting being made from a different market that killed the spirit and knowledge of how the culture was established. Keeping the culture of any good team is vital and Toshiba lost that.

Toshiba is not doing well, so even if YOU have a great year, they will try to cut YOUR pay in order to help THEM out.
Pros
Still a few good people left
Cons
A few people you can't trust, even in HR
I traveled to 13 western States, including Alaska and Hawaii, My job was to fix a problem that the dealer could not fix.
Senior Regional Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 22, 2017
My first position for Toshiba was on the National Color Support help desk for our certified dealer technicians. We solved all hardware, software & connectivity problems over the phone. As a Regional Service Specialist, I covered 13 of the Western United States and would travel at a moments notice working by myself solving complex dealer technical issues. Of the five members of my team there was only myself and another specialist, that taught the EFI color controller classes and connectivity courses. In addition I taught both color & black and white hardware while supporting the entire Toshiba product line for the Electronic Imaging Division. My technical writing was published numerous times for creating and editing servicing procedures for our color controller classes and bulletins for our equipment.
Pros
Mileage reimbursement and good raises
Cons
NONE
Great people, enjoyable work atmosphere
Copier Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 14, 2016
Overall, Toshiba is a great place to work, especially if you like to learn. It is very hands on and offers good pay and benefits, and also paid holidays.
Pros
Holidays off, overtime eligible, great atmosphere
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Tough days with no commission
Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  Foxborough, MAJanuary 3, 2017
Toshiba is a tough place to work. Tons of turn over and co workers not abiding by the terriroty lines. For commercial reps, the one or tow machine deals you make no money. Working for toshiba is like going to a gun fight with knives
Friendly coworkers
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Friendly and helpful coworkers but lack of support from upper leadership. This was not because they dont want to but they are constantly being pulled in 10 different directions which doesnt free up time for your development.
Good products, so-so communication
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 21, 2016
Terrific group of colleagues with a supportive environment. Communication could be better. Management has improved the company over the past few years.
Pros
Helpful staff
Cons
Poor communication
people
Printer/Copier Technician (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYMarch 21, 2017
the service manager and techs are awesome and very helpful. you are basically your own manager in the field you set up your day and what calls you will hit first and what calls you will end on.
Good training
Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 11, 2016
Not a good company to work for locally. While training was adequate however they currently have poor management practices.
and lack support, which result in also high turnover ratio.
Pros
good training
Cons
lack support and proper management
Good work environment
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLDecember 15, 2016
Great place to work, great people. Management was exceptional. Work environment was great, clean and safe. Community minded and willing to give back through various charitable organizations.
Over worked and under paid
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 17, 2016
Company is expanding which calls for more on the admin group,a/r dept,service tech but will not hire more help,company could be a success if they worked as a team and got better management in place that are professional and care about the team as well
Pros
Account Exec are the only ones that make the money
Cons
poor management, heavy work load, low pay, major turn over, no room for growth
productive environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRJanuary 24, 2017
The management is excelent, always a team group looking for the best in the company. The sales team is excellent and the service is super to our clients
Pros
TEAM GROUP

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toshiba Business Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9