Toshiba

Toshiba Employer Reviews

good company
foto engineer/copier engineer (Former Employee), AL/sc/flDecember 20, 2014
Pros: tech, expenses, salary reviews
Cons: family staff get together
first day meeting,solving problems,customer follow up ,preparing ,keeping in budgets,tech problems,parts inventory
Toshiba
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee), IrvineDecember 16, 2014
Pros: contract position
Cons: na
My only issue is that I am a Contract Employee. Looking for a full time direct Hire.
Toshiba is a great environment, however
Flexiable work environment
West Coast Program Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 16, 2014
Great people focused on the deliver of customer requirements
Alot of work for little benefits
Electrical/Mechanical Assembly (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 30, 2014
You can expect extremely short notice of overtime and it is not an option. Once cannot schedule appointments or make plans. the pay is ridiculously low considering the success of the manufacturer. The benefits stink and are costly!
great people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJAugust 15, 2014
Busy Customer Service Dept. for Toshiba computers. Handled all orders and communication between our satellite office and headquarters
productive
Machine operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 24, 2014
A typical day , got the new order for a new part, look the specs on the blue prints, set the machine with the die and the program needed, do the test parts and adjust as necessary, check and recheck every hour that the parts are coming out good, verify with a caliper, computer program and also an arbor., When done prepare the pallets for next step. – more... Management where good, co-workers where great, we always helping each other. Hardest part when the die got damage or the machine is down. – less
Great Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 16, 2014
Learned alot about selling and leasing office equipment. Great people to work with.
A wonderful innovative company
Educational/Clinical Development Specialist, CT (Former Employee), Tustin, CAJune 5, 2014
Pros: travel and accommodations provided
Cons: being away from family and friends every week
Toshiba was a wonderful experience and I would still be working at Toshiba had I been able and supported to move to California from Ohio. During my tenure with Toshiba, I was able to create working environments in many CT Radiology Departments. Toshiba recognized my work and promoted me to Educational Development Specialist from an Applications Specialist. – more... They provided travel, hotel and car accommodations. There was 24 hour support from a team in California and scheduling assistance. I truly enjoyed my employment while working with Toshiba America Medical Systems.

The most difficult part of the position was travel. I would leave my family on Monday and return home on Friday. However, they provided cell phones and lap tops for work and family communications.

Co-workers were available by cell phone to support and be supported while working with customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a different group of technologists every week, traveling and having a productive feeling at the end of every week. – less
Very fun company to work for
Transformer Assembler (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 11, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: short breaks
learned a'lot typical day 8-12 hrs building tranformers and inverters
Productive Workplace
assembler/line worker (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNApril 1, 2014
Cons: toshiba shut down and moved out of the united states.
my typical day was easy, fast paced work. i learned several jobs.
Willing to join a good working field ,
Import specialist- supply chain (Current Employee), egyptMarch 1, 2014
Pros: communication skills, teamwork orientation, negotiation skills, working under stress □ time management, self-reliance skills. self-motivation . leadership, decision making
Cons: in the past, you do not like working in a team, but after that tried to work in a team work became excited
Business Day
Every day it adds to my experiences and personal skills and my personality a lot of positive values

what you learn
I learned how to add value to the company and the community and for myself

management
They allow us to become leaders in the near future

my co wearkers
providing support and assistance to me and there is a deep friendship – more... Benn

the hardest part of the job
Everything with good planning and teamwork becomes easy

the most engoyable part
Is to achieve goals – less
Productive work place
Facility (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches when working saturdays
Cons: there was no health care
I enjoyed building the tables, desk's and other stuff that went in the cubical for someone to work in.
Average Call center workplace
Teleperformance Team Lead and Order Desk (Former Employee), Salt Lake City UtahJanuary 21, 2014
The position I was in, was Case Manager, Escalations for Toshiba brand, TV's. Notebooks and Accessories.

I took 15-70 calls per day from Irate customers, to file complaints and enforce policies and warranties for their particular situation, which ranges from their TV's, notebook and accessories, needing to be repaired or replaced & the corresponding – more... process, up to and not limited to repair or replacement of said products and denial of any services for customer induced damage or out of warranty requests.

I started as an agent and was promoted to Team Lead and then to Order Desk, which took replacement calls and orders for, televisions notebooks and accessories.

I was then transferred back to a Team Lead position after cutbacks in the Order desk escalation department.

I learned a lot of valuable workplace experience for customer service disputes and escalations, sympathy and empathy as well as how to handle irate and inconsolable customers.

The hardest part was telling customers that we cannot honor their warranty or provide free services for computer malfunctions, because of manufacturing errors or customer errors.

The most enjoyable part was the rare instance when I was able to actually help and make a customers day, with providing a service for free when it met all applicable qualifications. – less
production fab shop
nc turret machine operator (Current Employee), houston, txDecember 30, 2013
Pros: freelunch when expectation meets
Cons: good benefit
nice workplace with coworkers, I want a more, better place to be with and for better future
ability to learn business at a fast pace, work is always available
Inventory Controller (Current Employee), Pico Rivera, CADecember 18, 2013
Pros: the people
Cons: the pay
no bonuses, no perks, this is a thankless company that generates millions of dollars a year and it is only shared with the people at the top. Our executives let us know on a daily basis that we are expendable and replaceable... other then that its great.
Very relaxed enviroment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Norman, OKNovember 24, 2013
Pros: work at own pace, no managers or anyone looking over you, play and learn about new electronics
Cons: only a weekend job, very limited hours
I was responsible for the Toshiba televisions and laptops. A typical day was to come in on the weekends and check the inventory over the week and what was sold and how it was comparing with other products. After taking inventory then it was time to just start greeting and talking to customers as they came into the television and laptop departments and – more... answering any questions that they may have in regards to the Toshiba products. It was more of a work at your own pace and free will type of position, for one you didn't have to worry about management being over you because you're your own boss and you reports everything once a week over sales calls and conferences. – less
Maintenance Technician
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 17, 2013
Machinist, Welder, Fabricator, Knowledgeable in Maintenance from Installation to Diagnostics and Trouble shooting as well as Preventative and Production.
Toshiba closed the doors and out of business
Mechanic (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYNovember 5, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: 12 hour shifts
Toshiba went out of business.
Was a good place to work, they had a very good maintenance program. The also had a very good suggestion program for safety and increasing production. I was on their emergency medical program other places don't have.
Team oriented customer centric organization
Systems Information & Configuration Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 12, 2013
Pros: team oriented, good management, eeo environment
Cons: computer industry volitile
A typical work day consists of managing priorities for your specific organization; 8-5, with interface with various cost centers. Team oriented with little hassles. The associate is key to job success and management provides the guidance and tools to accomplish the job.
As in many organizations, meetings take up a great deal of time and sometimes are – more... the hardest to get through. The best part of the job is knowing that you can and will accomplish your given tasks...you are afforded the opportunity and support to complete any and all goals. – less
bad management
Field service technician (Current Employee), Guaynabo, PRSeptember 21, 2013
bad management ,bad salary ,good working team no 401k retirement

1 2 3 4 5

About Toshiba

Toshiba America, Inc. (TAI) is the spitting image of its old man. The holding company, a subsidiary of high-tech titan  Toshiba, – Read more