Toshiba Employee Reviews

lifestyle working for Toshiba
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILJuly 16, 2017
While working for Toshiba, mostly everything was hands on stuff. I was working with 50% Japanese people, and 50% American people. We would travel around to customers helping need help fixing their machines. I would also help out with the engineering department, helping them with putting code onto computer chips for the machines.
Pros
hands on, worked with highly intelligent people.
Cons
didn't learn enough.
Very productive place
Tier 2 tech support (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 25, 2017
A fun and very productive place to work....Very energetic environment with an awesome crew that loves to learn and work in a stable and positive environment...
Love This Place
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 7, 2017
Transferred here from a Xerox dealer (Arizona Office Technologies) and the difference is like night and day. Totally laid back work environment without all the micromanagement and hostility of the Xerox environment. My boss is awesome and petty much every day is fun. The only drawbacks are that I make less than I did at Xerox and the support staff seems to have attitudes about helping out and doing their own jobs. Still happy and think it was a great decision to come on board. The training is awesome as well. Typical day pretty much doing what you need to do to get the job done, minus the micromanagement.
Pros
Training, management, laid back, lack of micronmanagement
Cons
Support staff is lacking and has an attitude - it is a big effort to get a deal booked and delivered
Great work environment with very talented team members.
Inside Sales / Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 11, 2017
At Toshiba they give each member the tools and training needed and the freedom to develop technical and unique personal skills to effectively and efficiently provide world-class product sales, service and support. And they fully encourage taking an array of training courses and classes offered to enrich and expand ones own personal growth as well.
Fast paced, customer demands high.
Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Denver ColoradoMay 10, 2017
Job was driven by user needs. Always was about four to five jobs behind, so you were always rushed to finish and get to next location. New problems appeared regulary, but there was always someone to call for assistance. Other service techs were always helpful and friendly but management could be demanding.
Pros
Good pay and benifits. Good co-workers.
Cons
No regular breaks or lunch times.
noisy
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 5, 2017
Well, being a desk assistant was not all that enjoyable. Without given the option of daytime labor at the facility. I was often given large amounts of papers. to shuffle and hand out to assigned desks for the team. Hey, it wasn't fun but that is the reason for being paid at assigned duties for the companies merandum.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
as many restroom breaks as you need
Government job
Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOMarch 31, 2017
Government position. I am writing this review as I am required to for some reason prior to me being able to fully have an account with indeed.com. This to me makes no sense.
Nice company
Laborer (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 31, 2017
This was also a great work place for me but it was through a Temp service so it didn't last as long as I liked then the company moved out of Tennessee to some place else so never got the chance to work there again
Pros
Easy people to work for
Cons
Wasn't long lasting
Excellent place to work
PROJECT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2017
Excellent company to work for enjoy working there for many years learned and receive good experience.
Make lots of friends and co-worker.
Had many of events after work like playing tennis and softball.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
Got Laid Off
great Company
Process Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMarch 12, 2017
awesome company, great co workers a lot of support from Management, grow a lot during my 5 years period of time working at Toshiba Tennessee final assembly plant
Pros
Great Company
Highly motivational, face paced environment.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 27, 2017
8-10 hour day, the harder you work the more you can learn and earn. Exciting work environment with great opportunities. Learn a lot about personal abilities, as well as, business to business sales. Management is highly supportive and only wants to see individuals succeed. Team based environment that allows allocation of multiple resources. Hardest part of job is forecasting sales accurately. Enjoy the day to day ride of sales and learning about businesses.
Pros
Awesome Team
Cons
N/a
Innovated computer technologies
Communication Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 27, 2017
Improve operation of the company through small group activiites. Teams work together brainstorming to identify areas needing improve. Gather data and implement a solution. track results and present to management the plan. This improves production, moral, and reduces loss
Excellent
Process Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNFebruary 22, 2017
Great Company, nothing else than that, great to work, learn and grow, great co worker, great place to work, good payment, what else you can ask for, Excellent
Pros
Excellent Company
Cons
Diverse and challenging work environment
Regional sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2017
A typical day is meeting with customers to review order status, introduction of new product, customer service issues and overall account activity.

Management style is mainly hands off and work environment friendly
Long hours and travel are typical but rewarding and seeing different cities is a plus.
Pros
Flexible work week
production
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2017
It's a nice job to have good entry-level job you move up as you learn.I ran a core winding machine winding wire for motors.Worked shipping and rec department so I could learn more in the company.Work stock room inventory every year.
Pros
They feed use for good job
Cons
To short breaks and they had a proplem tell use what they want use to do
Great work environment .
Wmata Division Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2017
Liked working at Toshiba . All associates were extremely helpful in all Depts. Upon arrival needed to learn the Production Process , any and all personnel were more than willing to provide Information / Data
and Process Guidelines to accomplish company goals on a regular basis .
It was a place where I was able to learn a lot.
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2017
Work and life balance was promoted.I was able to manage my own time. Great co-workers, which I enjoyed working with. I was able to learn a lot.
fast pace and fun work place.
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 28, 2017
Enjoying the fast pace environment and very nice team.
participate in client meetings. If I have any suggestions, they will consider the suggestions that I give and try to implement them if they are satisfied.
Be Ready to put the work in
Sales and Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAJanuary 5, 2017
Hard to get your foot in the door with local companies that want to discuss their copier needs. Most are tied to a 3-5 year contract that Toshiba couldn't beat.
Pros
Not Micromanaged
Cons
Hard Work
Toshiba
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Loved working here. As a tech it is outstanding to have management that really knows their stuff. Pay was good. The environment really laid back, comfortable. Miss working here. Had to leave due to cutbacks in the company.