Total Education Solutions Employee Reviews

flexible work environemnt
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 25, 2017
This company is great to work with you based on location and full-time/part time status. It is an hourly rate, so some people choose to work over the summer or have a break, whatever fits your lifestyle.
variability was fun
Speech and Language Pathologist and RSP (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAApril 15, 2017
Had to drive all over Orange county as the company supported various charter schools. They asked me if I could be their RSP as well as SLP so I went back to school for a year to obtain this clearance.
Pros
enjoyed individual work with clients
Cons
Sometimes distance between each site was far
Management is disappointing.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 15, 2017
Direct supervisor was unethical. Issues reported to HR. Confidentiality was not maintained. Other team members were supportive. Company does have good intentions overall.
OK Company if you live in S. Pasadena
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 9, 2017
Commute to branch office was 40 mins- they will tell you that you will only need to travel to their main office for the beginning and end of the month but you will be there almost every week. They will call you in for little editing mistakes on paperwork, or if you wrote in black ink- ALWAYS CARRY A BLUE PEN WITH YOU!
Pay is descent if the hours were more. They will only allow you to work an hour and a half with students and only provide you with 3 students at one time.
Pros
creating your own schedule
Cons
distance if you don't live in S. Pasadena
I enjoyed creating my own schedule.
Speech Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Pasadena, CADecember 12, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of scheduling patients for appointments, talking with my supervisor about the progress of patients, discussed progress with the teachers of my patients, left homework for the family to work on, and reported daily progress notes on the patients.
I learned a software system to document progress notes.
The management was easy to talk to, if there were issues that needed to be discussed.
The hardest part of my job was driving between schools to see patients.
The most enjoyable part of my job was making my own daily work schedule.
Speech and Language Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 29, 2016
I have found TES to be a company that cares about it's employees and clients. I have a great team and the Coordinators and Leads provide support and training when needed so I can work with my students.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
Paperwork
Loved it
Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 28, 2016
I had some complications so I had to resign. This company is top notched. They are friendly and so willing to work with employees. I wish that I could work for them again but they do not serve schools in the Southeastern area of the country yet.
Pros
4 day work week 5 days as needed
Working at TES
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 23, 2016
TES has given me an opportunity to grow within my profession. The staff is great to work with and the management team is very supportive. The clients we serve remind me why I got into the career I did in the first place.
Supportive Management &Team =Awesome work Experience
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 12, 2016
As a Teacher within TES, I have always felt supported with both Intervention Team & Management. With everyone being so close, it is nice to be able to brainstorm and effectively get the job done. If you have questions, ideas, or problems management is able to listen and help implement. Family centered in both clients and workplace.
I love going to work everyday.
Productive and Family-oriented
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 14, 2016
It is a good place to work. I work for a High School, in which help the kids in the special education department. It is some mental and physical at times but it is rewarding to see the kids excel
Pros
paid holidays, sick days and snow days
Cons
No pay raises. 10 month year
Poor Management-Program Managers in Pasadena are the worse
therapist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 2, 2016
This is not a place to work for if you are looking to make a difference. Program Managers in Pasadena only care about making themselves look good at the cost of their therapists. It is all about looking good and not about helping therapists grow.
Pros
I loved my colleagues. The therapists were always willing to go out of their way to help you.
Cons
DMH paperwork never ends.
good
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 15, 2015
Working with kids between the ages 3-12 years old with social skills
Learned different skills in working with kids who have been diagnosed with autism
Huge eye-opener into the insurance world.
Medical Biller/In Home Respite Care (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OhioOctober 11, 2015
I started as a novice with little insight on my new position. It has been a "figure it out as you go" situation. Not knowing what to ask or how to proceed in some situations, has been difficult. The staff has been great for the most part, but the best part is helping get the kids get the therapies that they need.
Agency
HR Talent/Employee Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  South Pasadena, CAAugust 11, 2014
Many different contracts worldwide. Strong central training and resources.
They don't tell everything and lie
Early on (Former Employee) –  michiganOctober 16, 2013
I only worked here for a short time because I caught on to the lies that I was told and was overwhelmed with everything at once. This place expects you to be perfect in your writing. They don't tell you this until you do some reports and then they bring out the red pens and mark up your paper like you are still in school! Forget having a life. All my free time was taken up by paperwork.
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
No gas money, too much paperwork, have to be perfect
Dedicated staff striving for educational excellence
School Psychologist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 26, 2012
Total Education Solutions is staffed with educated, hard working, and supportive individuals. One of the best assets regarding the corporation is that the company management is dedicated to providing its employees with Best Practices continuing education on a regular basis.
Pros
dedicated staff & continuing education
Cons
school spacing concerns
Fun company to work for with a loose atmosphere
Behavior Intervention Therapist (Current Employee) –  South Pasadena, CASeptember 18, 2012
Great place to work if there is work available for you. There is the difficulty in upward mobility. This is due to the availability of work and not a negative reflection on management.
Pros
consistent work during school year
Cons
little summer work/difficulty moving up
Capitalism at its finest. Educators, beware!
Unknown (Former Employee) –  USAugust 17, 2012
I have to concur with "blank (Current Employee)"'s review of TES. This is such a terrible organization to work for. It made me chuckle to see TES touts itself as anything but atrocious. You know how you went into teaching for the kids, to make the world better, and because you're passionate about what you do? Well at TES, you are working for a company that is charging a school district $50 an hour to pay you a small portion of that, so they can pocket about 65% of it. This is the epitome of what is wrong with our education system. Your school not scoring high enough? Ok. We will give a COMPANY twice as much money to do what TEACHERS should be doing, by hiring teachers anyway, who are no more qualified than the teachers already in place in the school. Beware of this company, and any other "educational services" company. This truly is capitalism at its finest, or worst. And this organization sure acts like a business, not an educational institution. As long as you are making their customers happy, you will be considered doing a fine job, regardless of your actual teaching performance. Vice versa, you will be considered to be doing poorly if you don't make the customer happy, but are a fabulous teacher, demonstrated by student performance.

At TES there is lots of gossip, from the top down, no support whatsoever, management is non-existent, except to ream you out about asking a question, and you are completely ignored for the entire school year, until at the end of the year you receive a review that docks your ability to please the "customer", with it never being brought to your
  more... attention the entire school year. Now, as an educator, I have a real issue with any company that rates me on my ability to please the customer, but does not grade me in any manner on my ability to teach children.

Please, unless you absolutely positively need a part time job with no benefits whatsoever, where you will be selling your soul so a company can make a buck on our broken education system, please keep looking!
Pros
decent pay for part time teaching work
Cons
poor management, cumbersome paperwork, educational philosophy, lack of feedback, company ethics are questionable, pays less than other companies
Poor management, incompetant leadership, not student centered
blank (Current Employee) –  blankJuly 30, 2012
This company will bleed their staff dry and then ask for more without ever giving a positive comment. The leadership is not proactive. Communication from superiors is vague and incoherent in opposition to the needs of the students. My co-workers are the best part of the job. They work tirelessly and have no support at all from the company if there is a disagreement or complaint from the placement school. The demands of the company are based on gossip and more often than not in opposition to what the staff is being told to do by the school. There is no consistency in directors or staff. The brightest and best are treated the worst. This company is more like a bureaucracy than a company which should be educationally and child centered. There are only negative comments about undocumented, contrived "mistakes" which are usually mistakes made by the directors as they come and go; and then blamed on the staff. There are no opportunities for advancement. Anything you were taught was the right thing to do is wrong with them in this world of opposites. There is no integrity and if the company has to lie to save itself then that is what it does.
Pros
the staff
Cons
meaningless professional development, inconsistent staffing, no support
excellent co.-supportive, high professional standards
Special Ed. Teacher/RSP (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2012
excellent co.-supportive, high professional standards, good relationships with contract special ed. professionals and with contracted charter schools. Work at charter schools in various locations.
Pros
variety, support
Cons
no kaiser health plan

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Education Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Total Education Solutions Reviews by Location