Total Education Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Poor Management-Program Managers in Pasadena are the worse
therapist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 2, 2016
This is not a place to work for if you are looking to make a difference. Program Managers in Pasadena only care about making themselves look good at the cost of their therapists. It is all about looking good and not about helping therapists grow.
Pros
I loved my colleagues. The therapists were always willing to go out of their way to help you.
Cons
DMH paperwork never ends.
good
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 15, 2015
Working with kids between the ages 3-12 years old with social skills
Learned different skills in working with kids who have been diagnosed with autism
Huge eye-opener into the insurance world.
Medical Biller/In Home Respite Care (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OhioOctober 11, 2015
I started as a novice with little insight on my new position. It has been a "figure it out as you go" situation. Not knowing what to ask or how to proceed in some situations, has been difficult. The staff has been great for the most part, but the best part is helping get the kids get the therapies that they need.
They don't tell everything and lie
Early on (Former Employee) –  michiganOctober 16, 2013
I only worked here for a short time because I caught on to the lies that I was told and was overwhelmed with everything at once. This place expects you to be perfect in your writing. They don't tell you this until you do some reports and then they bring out the red pens and mark up your paper like you are still in school! Forget having a life. All my free time was taken up by paperwork.
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
no gas money, too much paperwork, have to be perfect
Dedicated staff striving for educational excellence
School Psychologist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 26, 2012
Total Education Solutions is staffed with educated, hard working, and supportive individuals. One of the best assets regarding the corporation is that the company management is dedicated to providing its employees with Best Practices continuing education on a regular basis.
Pros
dedicated staff & continuing education
Cons
school spacing concerns
Fun company to work for with a loose atmosphere
Behavior Intervention Therapist (Current Employee) –  South Pasadena, CASeptember 18, 2012
Great place to work if there is work available for you. There is the difficulty in upward mobility. This is due to the availability of work and not a negative reflection on management.
Pros
consistent work during school year
Cons
little summer work/difficulty moving up
Capitalism at its finest. Educators, beware!
Unknown (Former Employee) –  USAugust 17, 2012
I have to concur with "blank (Current Employee)"'s review of TES. This is such a terrible organization to work for. It made me chuckle to see TES touts itself as anything but atrocious. You know how you went into teaching for the kids, to make the world better, and because you're passionate about what you do? Well at TES, you are working for a company that is charging a school district $50 an hour to pay you a small portion of that, so they can pocket about 65% of it. This is the epitome of what is wrong with our education system. Your school not scoring high enough? Ok. We will give a COMPANY twice as much money to do what TEACHERS should be doing, by hiring teachers anyway, who are no more qualified than the teachers already in place in the school. Beware of this company, and any other "educational services" company. This truly is capitalism at its finest, or worst. And this organization sure acts like a business, not an educational institution. As long as you are making their customers happy, you will be considered doing a fine job, regardless of your actual teaching performance. Vice versa, you will be considered to be doing poorly if you don't make the customer happy, but are a fabulous teacher, demonstrated by student performance.

At TES there is lots of gossip, from the top down, no support whatsoever, management is non-existent, except to ream you out about asking a question, and you are completely ignored for the entire school year, until at the end of the year you receive a review that docks your ability to please the "customer", with it never being brought to your
  more... attention the entire school year. Now, as an educator, I have a real issue with any company that rates me on my ability to please the customer, but does not grade me in any manner on my ability to teach children.

Please, unless you absolutely positively need a part time job with no benefits whatsoever, where you will be selling your soul so a company can make a buck on our broken education system, please keep looking!
Pros
decent pay for part time teaching work
Cons
poor management, cumbersome paperwork, educational philosophy, lack of feedback, company ethics are questionable, pays less than other companies
Poor management, incompetant leadership, not student centered
blank (Current Employee) –  blankJuly 30, 2012
This company will bleed their staff dry and then ask for more without ever giving a positive comment. The leadership is not proactive. Communication from superiors is vague and incoherent in opposition to the needs of the students. My co-workers are the best part of the job. They work tirelessly and have no support at all from the company if there is a disagreement or complaint from the placement school. The demands of the company are based on gossip and more often than not in opposition to what the staff is being told to do by the school. There is no consistency in directors or staff. The brightest and best are treated the worst. This company is more like a bureaucracy than a company which should be educationally and child centered. There are only negative comments about undocumented, contrived "mistakes" which are usually mistakes made by the directors as they come and go; and then blamed on the staff. There are no opportunities for advancement. Anything you were taught was the right thing to do is wrong with them in this world of opposites. There is no integrity and if the company has to lie to save itself then that is what it does.
Pros
the staff
Cons
meaningless professional development, inconsistent staffing, no support
excellent co.-supportive, high professional standards
Special Ed. Teacher/RSP (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2012
excellent co.-supportive, high professional standards, good relationships with contract special ed. professionals and with contracted charter schools. Work at charter schools in various locations.
Pros
variety, support
Cons
no kaiser health plan
This is an agency that provides tutoring services to high school students from low income communities.
Supplemental Educational Services Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 15, 2012
The company assigns students to the tutor to teach Mathematic and/or English. Every student has a certain amount of tutoring hours, mostly 20 to be administered once or twice a week in the afternoon at a school site or in a library. The company provides the tutoring material and a program to follow. There is a lot of paperwork involved and time spent on the computer to input data every time there is a tutoring session and every 15 days, and a monthly summary for each student. The management is good but demanding. The most enjoyable part of the work is tutoring the students.
Pros
helping students to improve their knowledge
Cons
too much paper/computer work