Total Merchant Services Employee Reviews

Fun coworkers
Product development group (Former Employee), Basalt, COJune 9, 2015
Pros: 20 minutes to skiing
Cons: everyone got fired
I very much enjoyed my coworkers. They were hard working and very supportive of each other.
As far as overall company rating I would have to rank it very low. they showed up on a Tuesday and let 200 of us in the main office know they were relocating the office to California and best of luck to us all.
Freedom
Office Sales Manager (Former Employee), Melrose Park, ILMarch 9, 2015
Pros: freedom
Cons: 1099 tax
This company will give you the freedom you need to increase your sales volume.

Industry offers huge awards and sales compensation.

Long days but it it SELF REWARDING
Relaxed workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Oklahoma City,OKDecember 17, 2014
I enjoyed this job as well. The only thing I didn't like was meeting a quote it put a lot of pressure on us. So much pressure that some of my co-workers would stretch the truth to make a sell. That is some I would not do or believed in. The incentives, pay, and workplace were great
review
Rewriter Underwriter & Funding Lead (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAOctober 4, 2014
it is decent place to work in the merchant services industry
Fun and productive place to work with onsite gym and ping pong table
tech support, Mobile credit card processing (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJune 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short lunch breaks
I like the culture at total merchant services. The CEO "Joe Kapln" really focus on making the company a family environment. I had a great time with my co-workers and learned a lot from them. The hardest part of the job was trying to assist a customer without the necessary resources. What i learned the most from working with total merchant services is how to be a complete team player in a large company.
OK
Technology Services Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Basalt, COMarch 14, 2014
New management has brought in a different cultural atmosphere. Not where I wanted to be. Did not want to move to LA.
Great team work, amazing leadership and plenty of opportunities.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Basalt, CODecember 31, 2013
Pros: benefits were good, although changed alot over the years to a bit less than the year before.
Cons: the company relocated to california.
My typical day began with internal help desk, then switch to taking phone calls as needed in customer support and/or technical support. Always ready to take on any new task that may come along such as; audit reports, quality assurance and many other tasks.
I learned team work through the amazing management and co workers.
The most difficult part of this job was training co workers while still on the phones with customers, yet I manage just fine.
The most enjoyable was helping customers and learning something new every day.
busy telephone work place
Telephone Operator (Former Employee), basalt coloradoDecember 29, 2013
Cons: short breaks
a typical day would be going to our stations to answer phone calls about the machines customers purchased through out the day. i learned how to use systems to tell about deposits refunds and there transactions through there credit card machines.Management was great if a problem occured they were there to help no also goes for the co-workers they were there through out to help me with anything i messed up on or if idk they would teach.
Most of us were like family for many years
Level II Customer Care and Technical Support (Former Employee), Basalt, COAugust 14, 2013
Pros: the people i was fortunate enough to know, free lunches on wednesday
Cons: micro managed
I enjoyed my job for the most part. We were like family there. A typical day at work consisted of answering phones and troubleshooting to completion of any technical or Customer Care services needed. I took from 80-100 calls a day. Trained associates and cross trained with deployment and other departments as well.
The hardest part of my job was not understanding the persons needs through language barriers or other ways of misunderstanding.
Spoke and got to meet phonologically, a lot of our outside Sales Partners and consider them family as well.
Wonderful people and I enjoyed working at Total Merchant Services
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Basalt, COJuly 19, 2013
Pros: great people and location in co
Cons: basalt office was closed and moved to la
In bound call center operations. Approximately 70 -100 inbound calls per day.
Credit card processing industry. Learned how to communicate with merchants about any issues relating to processing credit card transactions. Batch totals, deposits, downloads on credit card terminal. General trouble shooting skills developed.
Management was very supportive and fair.
Co-workers were incredible. Helpful and fun place to work
Hardest part of job is like any customer service job, dealing with irate callers. If you are polite and helpful, you can overcome this quickly and work on resolving issue quickly.
Most enjoyable part of job is helping people and working in a team environment.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Basalt, COJuly 12, 2013
Answered up to 80 calls per day from customers and Sales personnel
Challenging and always on your toes environment
Billing/Customer Support/Technical support (Former Employee), Basalt, COMay 20, 2013
Pros: good hours, benefits, challengeing
Cons: unwillingness of managment to listen, help out
A typical day at work at Total Merchant Services almost always provided something new. One would come in, sit down, boot up their computer and then let the fun begin. Typical calls ranged from questions about our Gift Card On Demand program to power surge-fried credit card terminals and credit card processing errors. The management team was not rude or unkind, however getting management assistance with a question you did not have an answer to was very difficult at times. With 3 major databases, an infinite variety of things that can go wrong and only 2 weeks of training (this not including any training in specialized areas that directly affected my aspect of the job) it was most definitely a sink or swim environment. My requests to train with these other departments and learn more to better preform my job mostly fell on deaf ears. As far as co-workers are concerned, nearly all of them were agreeable. However (as always) there was some in-office drama that no matter how hard you tried to keep out of it, one was indefinitely drawn in. While irritating, this was not significant. The hardest part of the job, as i have already stated above, is the huge amount of things that can go wrong and minimal training provided. Processing errors, minor issues with credit card machines that are not in the manual, incorrectly processed transactions, (this sometimes including hundreds of transactions worth thousands of dollars that were lost because the machine was not properly settled, and needed to be completely re-keyed,) disgruntled merchants demanding to speak with supervisors that generally – more... could not take the call. While this was the hardest part of the job, it is what kept it interesting and prevented my mind from becoming bored, despite the fact that i felt like i wanted to rip my hair out by the roots now and again. Boredom being my worst enemy, the challenge was beneficial and gave my mind the exercise it needs on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was the myriad of interesting personalities i encountered on a daily basis. Almost every day i came home with an interesting or funny story. Also, the satisfaction of solving a very difficult problem quickly and efficiently while pleasing the merchant was very fulfilling for me. Everyone loves a good self-clap on the back and I am no exception. And again, the challenge of it and learning something new. – less
Great place to work.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Basalt, COMay 13, 2013
If it wasn't for the company move to La Ca I would still be working there.
Young Upstart to Global Contender
Partner Support Manager (Current Employee), Basalt, COMay 7, 2013
When I started at Total Merchant Services, they were submitting about 30 merchant applications a month. At current, they are submitting about 3000 a month.

I walked in on the ground floor and helped the organization grow to the point where they are today. I was able to explore all areas of the merchant processing arena and found myself a subject matter expert (SME) in multiple & complex areas from Interchange, to Operations, to Partner Compensation and Merchant Pricing.
Great business location
Risk Investigator (Current Employee), Basalt, CoNovember 27, 2012
Pros: work environment, and outdoor activities.
Cons: moving to california
Look at 300 merchants a day before a 2pm deadline.
I have learned to prioritize my duties to meet deadline.
Management is laid back and trust you to do your job.
Co-workers are very knowledgeable and willing to assist.
Hardest part of the job is income to living expense ratio.
Most enjoyable is the sense of pride you feel in stopping fraud.
Great people and great location
Corporate Sales Support (Current Employee), Basalt, COOctober 23, 2012
Pros: benefits that the company provides.
Cons: working very hard and not being noticed.
A typical day includes speaking with our sales associates with pricing issues and how to price potential new clients. The hardest part of the job is working with such a variety of sales associates, which has gotten much easier over time. The most enjoyable part of the job is when one of our sales associates closes a deal with our help. I like my co-workers, and have been able to function in a fast pace, unforgiving environment. Every day is rewarding in new ways.
A decent place to work.
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee), Basalt COAugust 20, 2012
It is the largest employer in the valley. A good place to get your feet wet and jump off to a better career down the line.
Growing business with great stability
Risk Investigator (Current Employee), Basalt, CoJuly 9, 2012
Cons: area is expensive to live in if you're not single
Mangement is great and understanding. Great job security. Over 100,000 businesses with, but small business feel.
Company still does company wide parties, breakfast every Wednsday.
A very fun, yet challenging job.
Customer Support/Technical Support (Former Employee), Basalt, COJune 12, 2012
Pros: lunch days, office parties, benefits and hsa accoounts, long lunches, extra breaks, amazing managers, loving family enviorment.
Cons: rude customers
Each day I would arrive at work and start up my computer. During my day I would answer between 30-100 inbound calls concerning customer concerns, account changes, billing questions or credit card terminal problems. Some phone calls would last two minutes and other more challenging calls could take up to 1-2 hours. Our motto at tms, was one call resolution. To always get the problem fixed so that our merchants or sales partners would end the call with a happy attitude. My boss and jesters (managers) were absolutely amazing.They were there for any problems concerning work or our outside life. They wanted us to always comes to help. The training was outstanding and very detailed. They wanted to make sure that all employees weather they have been working there for 1 week or 10 years were all informed of all the changes being made. We would have quarterly meetings to meet new employees and discuss any issues we were having with the company. They were very open to any new ideas. All of the employees has great attitudes and we treated each other like we were family. It was very important to stay close with each other and always be willing to help out as a team. The toughest part about my job was handling rude customers and being screamed at everyday for there dissatisfaction with our credit card terminals. We had proper training to handle them and could always escalate it to our jesters. I loved my job and everything about it. I was happy and excited to go to work everyday. They are an amazing company to work for.
Provides credit card processing, check processing, and gift cards
Sales Partner (Independent Contractor) (Current Employee), Anywhere in the countryFebruary 26, 2012
Pros: set own hours, grow residual income, be your own boss
Cons: small income to start, extremely competitive marketplace
Sales partners sign up merchants for credit card processing, check processing, and gift cards. There is no up front charge for the equipment. The merchants sign a month to month contract at competitive rates. The sale partner gets money up front along with a residual.