Total Merchant Services

Total Merchant Services Employee Reviews

Great employees and work environment! Always learning new things and loved getting challenged!
Warehouse Worker/ Credit card machine operator (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORNovember 28, 2016
They were an awesome place to work for, I enjoyed my co workers and managers! I was always learning new things and challenging myself which is what I love!
Pros
Loved the hours
Great place for young people (18-22), beginning of your career
Risk management/Chargeback specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 28, 2016
This is a great company to join at the beginning of your career, they really take the time to train and teach you the payments industry, If its an industry you are wanting to join and do not have much experience, but are hard working and learn quickly then this is the place for you. Unfortunately, the benefits are pretty much non-existant and compensation is not competitive to what's out there in the job market.

There is room for growth in a lot of the departments, especially in customer service. but you have to be patient and willing to take it slow.
Pros
fun place, great training
Cons
bad health insurance, not a very competitive salary.
Work Hard + Play Hard Attitude!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 8, 2016
The title says it all! Especially during Customer Service Week, the managers/supervisors/human resources department really make sure their "thanks" is known! The harder we work here, the harder we play, and that kind of give and take attitude is what keeps everyone happy and eager to come to work. No matter what is happening with the calls in the call center, we always know we are appreciated, whether carts of energy drinks are being passed out, or candy; it's the little things that take away from the monotony of the day and helps everyone to feel appreciated!
Pros
Fun Friday's, Wacky Wednesday's and great "Team Spirit"
Cons
30 min lunch breaks
Don't know what company means
Account Payble (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 18, 2016
This company is so lost it's beyond words. Management has no skills, no knowledge. They yell at each other and that's how they get the job done. If you are female never step in.
Diverse
Customer Changes and Research Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 5, 2016
Job environment was great. Multicultural place to work at. Fun managers and great ways to expand. Very good CEO of the company.
Great Managers and friendly environment
Customer Service Representative / Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Basalt, CONovember 12, 2015
A typical day would include receiving phone calls from merchants regarding the set up of their machines and instructing them on how to use them properly. Also assisted them with technical issues they had on their end. Team meetings on a constant basis made for a great team that worked well with each other.
Pros
great location and views
Cons
long distance drive and short lunches
horrible company
Results-driven salesman (Current Employee) –  aurora,ilJuly 14, 2015
inconsistent pay, some weeks wont get paid. I have gone four weeks without getting paid. My boss is with holding $1,100 from me. I cant work for a company that wont pay their employees.
Fun coworkers
Product development group (Former Employee) –  Basalt, COJune 9, 2015
I very much enjoyed my coworkers. They were hard working and very supportive of each other.
As far as overall company rating I would have to rank it very low. they showed up on a Tuesday and let 200 of us in the main office know they were relocating the office to California and best of luck to us all.
Pros
20 minutes to skiing
Cons
everyone got fired
Freedom
Office Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMarch 9, 2015
This company will give you the freedom you need to increase your sales volume.

Industry offers huge awards and sales compensation.

Long days but it it SELF REWARDING
Pros
FREEDOM
Cons
1099 tax
Relaxed workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City,OKDecember 17, 2014
I enjoyed this job as well. The only thing I didn't like was meeting a quote it put a lot of pressure on us. So much pressure that some of my co-workers would stretch the truth to make a sell. That is some I would not do or believed in. The incentives, pay, and workplace were great
review
Rewriter Underwriter & Funding Lead (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 4, 2014
it is decent place to work in the merchant services industry
Fun and productive place to work with onsite gym and ping pong table
tech support, Mobile credit card processing (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 27, 2014
I like the culture at total merchant services. The CEO "Joe Kapln" really focus on making the company a family environment. I had a great time with my co-workers and learned a lot from them. The hardest part of the job was trying to assist a customer without the necessary resources. What i learned the most from working with total merchant services is how to be a complete team player in a large company.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Ok
Technology Services Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Basalt, COMarch 14, 2014
New management has brought in a different cultural atmosphere. Not where I wanted to be. Did not want to move to LA.
Great team work, amazing leadership and plenty of opportunities.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Basalt, CODecember 31, 2013
My typical day began with internal help desk, then switch to taking phone calls as needed in customer support and/or technical support. Always ready to take on any new task that may come along such as; audit reports, quality assurance and many other tasks.
I learned team work through the amazing management and co workers.
The most difficult part of this job was training co workers while still on the phones with customers, yet I manage just fine.
The most enjoyable was helping customers and learning something new every day.
Pros
Benefits were good, although changed alot over the years to a bit less than the year before.
Cons
The company relocated to California.
busy telephone work place
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  basalt coloradoDecember 29, 2013
a typical day would be going to our stations to answer phone calls about the machines customers purchased through out the day. i learned how to use systems to tell about deposits refunds and there transactions through there credit card machines.Management was great if a problem occured they were there to help no also goes for the co-workers they were there through out to help me with anything i messed up on or if idk they would teach.
Cons
short breaks
Most of us were like family for many years
Level II Customer Care and Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Basalt, COAugust 14, 2013
I enjoyed my job for the most part. We were like family there. A typical day at work consisted of answering phones and troubleshooting to completion of any technical or Customer Care services needed. I took from 80-100 calls a day. Trained associates and cross trained with deployment and other departments as well.
The hardest part of my job was not understanding the persons needs through language barriers or other ways of misunderstanding.
Spoke and got to meet phonologically, a lot of our outside Sales Partners and consider them family as well.
Pros
the people I was fortunate enough to know, free lunches on Wednesday
Cons
Micro Managed
Wonderful people and I enjoyed working at Total Merchant Services
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Basalt, COJuly 19, 2013
In bound call center operations. Approximately 70 -100 inbound calls per day.
Credit card processing industry. Learned how to communicate with merchants about any issues relating to processing credit card transactions. Batch totals, deposits, downloads on credit card terminal. General trouble shooting skills developed.
Management was very supportive and fair.
Co-workers were incredible. Helpful and fun place to work
Hardest part of job is like any customer service job, dealing with irate callers. If you are polite and helpful, you can overcome this quickly and work on resolving issue quickly.
Most enjoyable part of job is helping people and working in a team environment.
Pros
Great people and location in CO
Cons
Basalt office was closed and moved to LA
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Basalt, COJuly 12, 2013
Answered up to 80 calls per day from customers and Sales personnel
Challenging and always on your toes environment
Billing/Customer Support/Technical support (Former Employee) –  Basalt, COMay 20, 2013
A typical day at work at Total Merchant Services almost always provided something new. One would come in, sit down, boot up their computer and then let the fun begin. Typical calls ranged from questions about our Gift Card On Demand program to power surge-fried credit card terminals and credit card processing errors. The management team was not rude or unkind, however getting management assistance with a question you did not have an answer to was very difficult at times. With 3 major databases, an infinite variety of things that can go wrong and only 2 weeks of training (this not including any training in specialized areas that directly affected my aspect of the job) it was most definitely a sink or swim environment. My requests to train with these other departments and learn more to better preform my job mostly fell on deaf ears. As far as co-workers are concerned, nearly all of them were agreeable. However (as always) there was some in-office drama that no matter how hard you tried to keep out of it, one was indefinitely drawn in. While irritating, this was not significant. The hardest part of the job, as i have already stated above, is the huge amount of things that can go wrong and minimal training provided. Processing errors, minor issues with credit card machines that are not in the manual, incorrectly processed transactions, (this sometimes including hundreds of transactions worth thousands of dollars that were lost because the machine was not properly settled, and needed to be completely re-keyed,) disgruntled merchants demanding to speak with supervisors that generally  more... could not take the call. While this was the hardest part of the job, it is what kept it interesting and prevented my mind from becoming bored, despite the fact that i felt like i wanted to rip my hair out by the roots now and again. Boredom being my worst enemy, the challenge was beneficial and gave my mind the exercise it needs on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was the myriad of interesting personalities i encountered on a daily basis. Almost every day i came home with an interesting or funny story. Also, the satisfaction of solving a very difficult problem quickly and efficiently while pleasing the merchant was very fulfilling for me. Everyone loves a good self-clap on the back and I am no exception. And again, the challenge of it and learning something new.   less
Pros
Good hours, benefits, challengeing
Cons
Unwillingness of managment to listen, help out
Great place to work.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Basalt, COMay 13, 2013
If it wasn't for the company move to La Ca I would still be working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Merchant Services. Our community is ready to answer.