Total Merchant Services Employee Reviews

If you like to keep busy this job is for you.
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Basalt, COAugust 24, 2017
An abundance of paperwork. Great management who knew how to solve issues and direct you with any questions or insecurities. You usually stay in your position with little room for advancement.
Pros
Benefits, great management, fun parties, free lunch
Cons
Outgoing phone calls, not much opportunity to advance
Competition is high, but worth it once you make connections
Business Developer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 13, 2017
work when you want.
all the money you make depends on the effort you put in.
meet new people and make new connections.
many potential clients are on defensive, find away around it... so it is good for personal development.
hardest part of the job is following through, so trust builds on new and existing accounts.
most enjoyable part is when you feel like you have succeeded with request of acquired businesses.
Pros
nice backup plan
Cons
need a backup, for this backup or you will be homeless
Great place to work!
Senior Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 15, 2017
Management is supper supportive. A great office experience, you become part of the family. just work hard and alway's do your best and it will never go un noticed.
Strict work environmont
Customer Relations/Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 12, 2017
Fun place to work if you are in with the managers. Typical call service office. Strict on time. High turn over, most customers are upset due to changes in their account without notification
A Great Place To Work
Level II Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 4, 2017
The amount of industry knowledge obtained over the past 4 years has been incredible. It's constantly changing and we're kept up on all of it. Management staff is supportive and encouraging. The family-like atmosphere makes it a joy to come to work everyday.
Pros
The Holiday Party
Cons
N/a
it was a nice place to work
IT Manager, TMS (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 1, 2017
Great company just to far for me to drive every day,
Great company , great management, . It is a fun place to work, i would recommend it to anyone that is in the area.
Its cool
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAApril 19, 2017
I like the job that i have. I just wish my paycheck was more competitive. Most of the people that i work with are awesome teamplayers. Management is not that bad either.
Pros
tickets, food and monthly events
Cons
Low Wages
Fun place to work, the culture is diverse, great benefits and social events
Technical Support / Jr. QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAApril 10, 2017
Day at work sometimes was really stressful, dealing with customers on the phone for 8 hours sometimes it was really challenging.

Management overall I would say are 3 out of 5 because they love micromanagement. The pressure is intense and when the call volume goes up the stress level goes also up.

It is easy to move within the company laterally, but getting a promotion is very difficult. They have a lot of favorite people and those are the ones that get the promotions.

Co-workers are amazing very friendly and they would help you no matter what.
Good Job
Partner Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAApril 5, 2017
Fun place to work. Lots of incentives and perks. Provides lots of opportunities to get involved with the community. And There is always something fun going on.
Pros
Really Supportive HR and CEO
Cons
Micro management
Stressful
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CADecember 26, 2016
• Utilized computerize system to search and access information for customers and partners
• Provided outstanding customer service with a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in both English and French for 40 customers in daily average
• Maintained customer records by updating personal and fiscal account information
Schedule Flexibility but only paid based on successful appointments set based on "Co-Calling"
Acquisition Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 4, 2016
This job consisted of "Cold Calling" during business hours to locate the party that was responsible for making decisions regarding changes to their credit card payment system/process. Sometimes it would take several attempts to get past the "Gatekeeper", and even then you still had to be determined and follow up to speak with your contact person.

Management was not always helpful, so you had to work independently most of the time. The only co-worker I interacted with was my boss. The hardest part of the job was making sure your contact was going to keep their appointment. Sometimes things came up beyond their control and sometimes they were just trying to doge the appointment..
Pros
Good Hours - work from home
Cons
Had to do a lot of "Cold Calling", and run contacts down to get a positive outcome that would result in actual compensation
Great employees and work environment! Always learning new things and loved getting challenged!
Warehouse Worker/ Credit card machine operator (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORNovember 28, 2016
They were an awesome place to work for, I enjoyed my co workers and managers! I was always learning new things and challenging myself which is what I love!
Pros
Loved the hours
Great place for young people (18-22), beginning of your career
Risk management/Chargeback specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 28, 2016
This is a great company to join at the beginning of your career, they really take the time to train and teach you the payments industry, If its an industry you are wanting to join and do not have much experience, but are hard working and learn quickly then this is the place for you. Unfortunately, the benefits are pretty much non-existant and compensation is not competitive to what's out there in the job market.

There is room for growth in a lot of the departments, especially in customer service. but you have to be patient and willing to take it slow.
Pros
fun place, great training
Cons
bad health insurance, not a very competitive salary.
Work Hard + Play Hard Attitude!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 8, 2016
The title says it all! Especially during Customer Service Week, the managers/supervisors/human resources department really make sure their "thanks" is known! The harder we work here, the harder we play, and that kind of give and take attitude is what keeps everyone happy and eager to come to work. No matter what is happening with the calls in the call center, we always know we are appreciated, whether carts of energy drinks are being passed out, or candy; it's the little things that take away from the monotony of the day and helps everyone to feel appreciated!
Pros
Fun Friday's, Wacky Wednesday's and great "Team Spirit"
Cons
30 min lunch breaks
Don't know what company means
Account Payble (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 18, 2016
This company is so lost it's beyond words. Management has no skills, no knowledge. They yell at each other and that's how they get the job done. If you are female never step in.
Diverse
Customer Changes and Research Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 5, 2016
Job environment was great. Multicultural place to work at. Fun managers and great ways to expand. Very good CEO of the company.
Great Managers and friendly environment
Customer Service Representative / Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Basalt, CONovember 12, 2015
A typical day would include receiving phone calls from merchants regarding the set up of their machines and instructing them on how to use them properly. Also assisted them with technical issues they had on their end. Team meetings on a constant basis made for a great team that worked well with each other.
Pros
great location and views
Cons
long distance drive and short lunches
horrible company
Results-driven salesman (Current Employee) –  aurora,ilJuly 14, 2015
inconsistent pay, some weeks wont get paid. I have gone four weeks without getting paid. My boss is with holding $1,100 from me. I cant work for a company that wont pay their employees.
Fun coworkers
Product development group (Former Employee) –  Basalt, COJune 9, 2015
I very much enjoyed my coworkers. They were hard working and very supportive of each other.
As far as overall company rating I would have to rank it very low. they showed up on a Tuesday and let 200 of us in the main office know they were relocating the office to California and best of luck to us all.
Pros
20 minutes to skiing
Cons
everyone got fired
Freedom
Office Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMarch 9, 2015
This company will give you the freedom you need to increase your sales volume.

Industry offers huge awards and sales compensation.

Long days but it it SELF REWARDING
Pros
Freedom
Cons
1099 tax

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Merchant Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Total Merchant Services Reviews by Location