Total Quality Logistics (TQL)

Total Quality Logistics (TQL) Employee Reviews

Great work environment with endless possibilities
Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 23, 2016
Total Quality Logistics is a great place to work. Many opportunities to move up in the company. The work environment is fast paced and a lot of fun. You have many people here to push yourself to be a better version of yourself and a great training staff to help you succeed. The hardest part of the job is just being mentally strong to do sales over the phone. What I enjoy most about this job is seeing myself and others see where we have started and to see where we have gotten to in the present time and see where we are going to go with the goals you have set out for yourself.
Pros
Uncapped commissions
The Best Job I've Ever Had
Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 23, 2016
My TQL work day starts between 7am -7:20am to prepare for day (Call list, emails, to do list, etc...) and ends between 5:15pm – 5:30pm. I have learned that those who are successful at TQL have a perfect combination of characteristics: highly motivated, hardworking, competitive, and most have a touch of crazy in them too. Led by managers promoted from within, you get to see the advancement opportunities TQL offers, and first hand relatability to the TQL grind. The hardest part of the job to me is the grind that it takes to be successful in sales (100+ phone calls daily, after hours research, and rejection), but the light at the end of the tunnel is absolutely amazing. The best part of the job is the genuine comradery and atmosphere of healthy competition that to me makes TQL Lexington, “The Best Place to Work in Lexington”.
Pros
Uncapped Salaries, Advancement Opportunites, Best Work Place in Lexington
Cons
A Complete Grind, tough work life balance early in sales
One of the Best Companies to Work for in Lexington
Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 23, 2016
The job isn't cut out for everyone. It is a tough job that challenges you on a daily basis. However, it is very rewarding to actually see your hard work pay off with an uncapped commission potential. The people here are fun and great to work with. The training staff is always willing to help and teach. It is a fast paced environment with many fun things going on throughout the day. The job gives you the opportunity to move up within the company and even open your own branch/satellite office. Overall this job has it's ups and downs but I love this place and I love seeing my hard work pay off. I hope that I am here for many years to come!
Pros
Uncapped commission, 401K, advancement potential, benefits
Cons
Work hard play hard atmosphere
Branch Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 23, 2016
Everyday is an opportunity to grow and learn something new. You have the potential to grow your book of business and move up within the leadership rankings. The environment and culture is one of the most unique qualities about the company.
Pros
Earning potential & Culture
Fun culture to work within where hard work is rewarded.
Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 23, 2016
You encounter a different obstacle every single day here. Each day is a story of it's own and extremely fast paced.

I have learned management and communication skills that are essential to becoming successful in this industry and others.

Management team are well rounded and provide real support. If you are working hard you will not have someone breathing down your neck here.

Built some amazing relationships within the 3 years I have been here.

Hardest part of the job is the work/life balance.

The money and freedom to run your own business is the best part of the job here.
Pros
Uncapped earning potential and comfortable work enviroment.
Cons
The job is stressfull at times, adjustments to balance work/life must be made.
Work hard, play hard
Sale Team Leader/ Logistics Acct Executive (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 23, 2016
I have worked at TQL for nearly 5 years. If you want to find a place where work ethic speaks volumes- this is the place for you. Sales experience will help, but if you are willing to outwork anyone around you the sky is the limit. Uncapped commission are my new favorite words. I have grown with the Company and will soon have the opportunity to run my own Office. You will be entering a work hard, play hard workforce that is certainly a grind, but worth every second.
Pros
Uncapped Earning Potential
Best Opportunity in Lexington KY
Group Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 23, 2016
If you are serious, and I mean serious about making money... This is the place for you. Yes it will be hard, yes you will have to work hard. But at the end it is all worth it. There is a lot of opportunity to make money here, I feel that this is the best opportunity in Lexington KY
Pros
Money. Co Workers. Beer Drops. Awesome culture inside the 4 walls
Cons
Wish i would of known about this opportunity a lot sooner
You get out what you up in!
Sales team leader (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 22, 2016
The earning potential is what brought me to the job. It is also the same thing that keeps me there.
Atmosphere is contagious and training is excellent!
Hard working and rewarding enviroment.
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 22, 2016
Worked there for just over 4 years and was successful as a broker. Enjoyed responsibility of managing others although no pay incentive it was great experience and good foot in the door for internal advancement. Very fun work environment and work hard play hard motto fits the bill as long as the performance is there. You get the revenue you want by effort and dedication to your business. I enjoyed the job and company very much and left for a personal reason on good terms.
Pros
great for young professionals
Cons
high turnover especially if you aren't taking it serious enough
Opportunity galore!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 22, 2016
Never in my life did I think I could find a job straight out of college with so much opportunity. Since joining TQL less than 2 years ago, I am already making more money that I would've expected in 20 years with any other company. It is a fun and exciting work environment, and is only getting better.
Pros
Fun place to work, uncapped commission
Cons
Stress, long hours

Want to know more about Total Quality Logistics (TQL)?

Ask a question
Easily the best place to work in Lexington KY
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 22, 2016
It would be hard to find a better opportunity, especially for younger people, than working at TQL. people that say TQL is not a good place to work probably couldn't hack it. If you put forth the effort, just like everything in life, you will be rewarded.
Pros
Uncapped commission, great coworkers, competitive environment, management is awesome, opportunity for advancement l
Cons
Stressful, work around the clock to take care of your customers- but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Best Place Work
Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 21, 2016
I took this job almost 5 years ago come Nov. 10. Since day one I knew this was a place I could be successful given hard work and persistence. My typical day starts at 6:30am with check calls and updates to customer. Shortly after that I have my assistants cover the loads going out for that day and make sure the carriers are all were they supposed to be for deliveries that day. While they are doing that I am prospecting and talking to customer to try and gain more business and build those relationships. Mix in a few meeting with the guys on my sales team and our leadership team throughout the day, calls for a very high energy and fast paced day to say the least. I usually don't leave the office till around 6 or 6:30pm after sending all my afternoon updates to my customers. This job is not easy by any means but if you are willing to dedicate yourself, hard work, and persistence you can be successful here no doubt in my mind.

The culture and atmosphere here like nothing I have every seen at any other place I have work before. Where else can you play ping pong, throw football, or even shot hoops on a mini goal whenever you feel like stepping away from your desk. We like to think of our office a one big family that as a huge logistics problem.

I can honestly say I don't want to work for another company, this isn't a job it's a career.
Pros
Money, Atmosphere, Team outings, and a ton of room for growth.
Cons
Nothing comes to mind
You get what you put in
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 21, 2016
I've been blessed with the opportunity to work at TQL the past 3.5 years. This is a complete meritocracy where you get what you put in. This is a rewarding sales job with uncapped commission and the autonomy to run your business the way you choose to.

Hard work and a positive attitude will take you a long way at this company.
Pros
Work Hard Play Hard, Uncapped Commission, Fast Paced
Cons
Some of our carriers are not great at following directions
Hard work is rewarded with upward growth opportunities and uncapped commission.
Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 21, 2016
TQL is a work hard, play hard environment. We like to keep the work environment lively and energetic. The job and the industry are fast paced and can be stressful. One of the best parts of my day is my interaction with my coworkers. We are a team and support one another while also fostering a competitive atmosphere on the sales floor. Management comes from the sales floor (with very, very few exceptions) so they understand what it takes to get the job done from week 1 in training up to leadership. The most enjoyable part of the job is the money. There is potential for lateral movement to other TQL Satellite cities and I have taken advantage of that to further my own career here. Outside sales visits to customers are rare, but also provide added incentive to growing your book of business. The hardest part of the job starts with building your book and reaching success in sales. In addition, there is virtually no work/life balance if you want to embrace your business and immerse yourself in it in order to be successful. Phone calls can come at all hours of the night and on holidays. Logistics never stops.
Pros
Culture, office events, happy hours, money, benefits.
Cons
No work/life balance.
Competitive
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
Great job for recent graduates. Training is extensive and will prepare you for the logistics industry. Not much experience necessary. Very competitive. Must be willing to show and prove that you belong.
Pros
TQL Perks
Cons
Long Hours
Fun place with extremely difficult work
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 19, 2016
You work 7:45am-5:15pm EST minimum (I lived in the Mountain Time Zone 5:45am-3:15pm) and a 4-hr shift every other Saturday for the first 5 months. Once you are your own broker, it is looked highly upon to stay late.
You start out working on a successful broker's account, handling their logistics for the first 21 weeks.
The first two weeks is mostly a full-fledged logistics course that does teach you a ton about the industry.
Later on, you have a 2 week sales training course that teaches you how to sale on the phone. After going through sales training, you are expected to prospect for clients during times when you are free.
The way you prospect is by cold calling. You are expected to make between 80-100 prospecting calls per day.
You are supposed to find leads to call on outside of work, so that you can call all day. After a while you will start to run out of leads, and that's when the job gets extremely stressful.
Realistically, to be successful here, you either have to be borderline insane, and just stick it out, pestering companies for maybe even up to a year, just to try to get some loads off them, or you have to get passed down big customers that will actually bring you commission in (good luck with that).
Pros
everyone works hard, fun atmosphere to work in, many extracuricular activities for free, prime office locations throughout the country
Cons
very long hours, extreme stress, constantly looking for leads, have to be available 24/7/365, extremely saturated market to work with, commission point could take 2 years to reach (while busting your butt for 35k a year)
Depends on who is your leader
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 14, 2016
Co workers are great environment is chill. If you do not have a great leader you can fall behind fast. They play as if they understand life but really if you are not where they feel you are they will terminate you without giving you the real reason why. Run Run Run away. Explore other options if you have them. Make sure you understand what is expected of you.
Pros
Potential
Cons
Expects you not to take lunch, Working more thank 45 plus hours with no overtime. Stressful micromanaging.
Good culture
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYSeptember 14, 2016
This was my first job and helped me develop a good work ethic. I worked their while I was in school, and the managers always worked around my schedule.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Fun workplace, stressful environment, little work/life balance
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 13, 2016
Stressful environment, work life balance starts to slowly become non existent the longer you are there. Great company culture, great training courses. Management does not do a very good job of helping you learn.
Work Hard. Get Rewarded. Unlimited Opportunity.
Group Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 11, 2016
10 years ago I took a chance on TQL in Cincinnati. Taking a chance on TQL was the best decision I have ever made and it has paid off. I believe that TQL is the best company to work for, I don't imagine that any other job could provide me the opportunities that I have had. The ability to be successful is based on your performance, your hard work and your dedication to the position. These things get rewarded through the unlimited growth, uncapped commission and unlimited potential that is provided at TQL.

A typical day 10 years ago as a new hire is nearly identical to what the new hires do on a typical day now. You will be in a fast paced environment. You will be on the phone and at a computer the entire day. When you begin selling, you will make 80-100 outbound calls per day at a minimum. You will work hard and it will be challenging.

Pros, I list them with some details here and below.
- Culture and Environment. I love coming to work everyday and have loved it over 9+ years in Cincinnati and Pittsburgh.
- Unlimited Income / Uncapped Commissions - It is truly the sky is the limit. I have seen this over the past 9 years. People continue to set the bar higher year after year.
- Growth - Individually and as a company, it is pedal to the medal. Promotions come from within and everyone starts in the same position as an LAET. Each person that starts has the same opportunity to grow.
- People - From the CEO to the new hires, I enjoy working with everyone. We work together to solve problems. I don't dread going to work each day, I get excited to come to work and work with people
  more... who are passionate and going after the same goals as me.

As with any job there are Cons. The difference at TQL is that I don't view the cons of the job as negatives, just realities of having a sales job. Hard work, long hours, lots of rejection, pressure to perform and a high level of stress. If these "cons" scare you, then this may not be a good opportunity for you. It isn't sugar coated to you in anyway. This is an inside sales position. You will be sitting at a computer and talking on a telephone your entire career. Working long hours and working hard are what set people apart in this position. Are there tough days? You bet, but you control these days and your career by what you do day in and day out.
As in any sales position, high levels of stress are common. If you can't handle stress and pressure to perform, this job will prove difficult.
Pros
Culture / Environment. Unlimited Earnig Potential (Uncapped Commission). Growth Potential. People.
Cons
Read the review, not just the Cons. It is a sales job - Long hours, hard work, rejection, stress, pressure to perform, Cold Calling.

2.5