Total Quality Logistics (TQL) Employee Reviews

You have to work for it.
Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) –  AustinMay 12, 2017
This job is not for everyone. If you have relentless work ethic and a drive to be successful you can make a lot of money here. If you are looking for upward mobility in a company that notices success then you will find it. It is a level playing field here. I did not have a business management or even logistics related background/degree but I had motivation. I've worked in different offices in the company and the overall culture is similar, but I prefer the smaller satellite office experience to the corporate office. We are a tight group and it makes difficult days doable and makes great days even better. Again - I have to stress, if you are not willing to put in A LOT of work to get your business off the ground, don't expect to enjoy this opportunity.
Pros
Culture, compensation, people
Cons
no work/life balance
"The ceiling is the roof" - Michael Jordan
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 12, 2017
I am not sure what Michael Jordan meant when he said that, but I can tell you that TQL is the definition of "sky is the limit". It is an entry level sales position with top notch training and support. The leaders truly invest in your success and genuinely care about helping you reach your goals. I worked a couple entry level sales jobs before TQL and was blown away when I started TQL. The culture is ideal for young professionals pursuing a career in sales. If you are money hungry, competitive, coachable, and driven--there is no better company to work for that TQL.
Pros
Team Atmosphere, Work Hard Play Hard mentality, growth opportunities, family oriented, incredible culture, awesome support from managers, very competitive
Cons
Work life balance (if that's a priority for you)
Productive and fun place to work
Logistics manager and sales representative (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYMay 10, 2017
Great place to work, great environment, you have to be ready to give 110%. It's really difficult at first but you can tell the employees that have been there awhile really love their jobs.
Good job that helped me learn and grow in the logistics industry
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, INMay 9, 2017
We learned how to handle transportation and logistics with customers.
We learned ways to work with setting appointments, dispatching, and talking and working with dispatchers and drivers.
The people I worked with were upbeat and helpful.
I enjoyed the work culture and the fast-paced environment.
Pros
Good benefits, occasional free lunches
Friendly workplace with a lot of room for growth
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 9, 2017
TQL is a fun, fast paced place to work. It is definitely a grind but if you're willing to work really hard in the beginning, you will see it pay off in the long run. Uncapped commission is a nice way to get motivated. As long as you can see the bigger picture/long run the grind isn't bad!
Pros
Uncapped commission, room for growth
Cons
Parking is extremely expensive, base pay is low for this city
Work Hard Play Hard!
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee) –  PortlandMay 9, 2017
We provide a work hard play hard atmosphere, providing a simple proven platform where any kind of person can succeed. Open sales floors which promote idea sharing and creativity allow professionals with 0 previous training to develop their sales identity/expand their network. Ping pong, corn-hole, kitchen, TV's in the office. In 5 months of paid training you learn logistics models, sales tactics, accounting,and account management. Young management staff, very invested in success of every team member always open to new ideas and creative ways to perfect office culture. We all learn from each other here, growth is always the goal! This job was made for entrepreneurs. Be ready to work, you need tough skin to make it here.
Pros
Job Culture, Uncapped Commission, 5 months paid training, run your own business
Cons
Work hours, pressure, pay
Fun Atmosphere
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 7, 2017
This was probably the most fun I've ever had at a company. No micro management. The beer drops are actually real. Plenty of activities to do.However, it is definitely every man for himself. You have to have very thick skin to work here. Cold calling can cause you to burn out quickly. Very long hours, they don't expect you to take any breaks. This job requires a lot of hard work and a little bit of luck. Very cut throat, if you're doing everything your suppose to do but still striking out with the goals they require you will be terminated.
Pros
Fun place
Cons
No breaks, cold calling
Do not do it
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 6, 2017
Run as far as you can in the other direction. It has been about 4 years since I worked there but when I did it was not all that desirable. If this is your first job and you need to get your feet wet, ok do it. But be warned. It may not be all that pleasant for you.
Demanding, challenging, but exciting work environment
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 5, 2017
A typical day is challenging and mentally demanding due to the amount of situations I have no control over. However, this creates opportunities to be a problem solver. This job is not for everyone. I have learned it is very entrepreneurial and you have to have the internal drive to create for yourself. The hardest part of the job is dealing with issues outside my control. The most enjoyable part is working with people I like and being able to be a problem solver for my customers.
Pros
problem solving, culture, team activities outside of work
Cons
After-hours calls, stressful
Fun but stressful
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 5, 2017
It's logistics planning dealing with tens of thousands of dollars in cargo. It's also cold-call sales. It's stressful and it can be every man for himself. I loved my time at TQL, I quit because it was too far from my home to justify working the extended hours (7:45am - 5:15pm).
Pros
Fun cultures, "work hard play hard", good starting pay
Cons
Long hours, a lot of work to earn commission.

Want to know more about Total Quality Logistics (TQL)?

Ask a question
Great opportunity if you're willing to put in the work
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 4, 2017
We manage our customer's freight and serve as the middle man between shippers/receivers with freight and the carriers who transport it. The work days in the beginning consist of hitting the phones to build your book of business from scratch to find the shippers and receivers who are in need of our services. Over time the role becomes a balance of maintaining/growing your current customer base while continuing to find the time for new prospect. The earning potential limitless so there's never a reason to stop prospecting. The stress of the job weeds many people out but it's personally would I expect to find in any job where making 6 figures is a real possibility. I've always enjoyed the people I work with, the management is supportive, and the technology we have is the best in the industry.

The toughest part of the job is battling through the first 12-18 months. Business is earned and not given. You'll have to put in the hours and the phone time to make it here but if you're truly not afraid of hard work this is a place you can thrive.
Pros
Earning potential is limitless, advancement into management for those who want it, fun culture, good people, team outings, beer drops, ping pong, corn hole
Cons
Work life balence (if that matters to you), stressful situations, 24/7 availability needed for your customers.
Great Place to Work!
Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 4, 2017
I've been here for several years and have really enjoyed my time and success here. It takes a lot of work to get your account established at first, but the pay and opportunity to grow is absolutely incredible. The opportunity to make 6 figures right out of college is rare in the corporate world, but at TQL it's a reality! Office Culture is another big reason I chose TQL. The people all work towards the same goal and are very close to each other. The office also has ping pong and corn hole setup for our use. Management is always there to help if we need it and are always giving the team the tools to be more successful. I wouldn't change my experience here for the world!
Pros
Great Pay. Great Culture. Tight-knit Team
Hard, but fair and Rewarding
Branch Team Leader (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 2, 2017
This is not your average place to work, and we do not like average people. If you are ready to work hard and get paid big for it than work here. If you want an average job with average pay for average effort, do not go to TQL. If you want to work hard to make life changing money, this place is for you.
Pros
Pay, Culture
Cons
you have to work hard!
Better Opportunities Exist
Senior Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 1, 2017
This company really does not value its employees. They have a revolving door of new sales employees and have recently divested from staffing actual physical trainers to a online only version of training. This new style of training is leading to poorly trained salesmen and sales assistant. The only great thing about this place is the people. Having worked in several different offices I can say with great certainty the GSM's have absolutely no control over their offices day to day, or hiring or firing. They just pass down the word of upper level management without emotion or consideration. At this company you will be a number on a spreadsheet.
Pros
The people
Cons
Everything else
Great Environment, Excellent Opportunity
Group Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 28, 2017
TQL is a high energy transportation company. When I joined the company 9 years ago, I was a very fresh recruit with just one previous full time position. From the first day I was given a warm welcome and treated as part of the TQL family. This company has helped me find my strengths and mature in my professional career. My immediate supervisor coached and guided me to strive to be the best employee, teammate and person that I can become. To this day I am still coached and mentored to become a more fully developed person. This company is challenging and provides opportunities that most are never offered. This company will change your life.
Pros
High Commissions, Career Growth Opportunity
Cons
Extreme Dedication to Succeed
Great Opportunity
Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 27, 2017
TQL is a great company to work for. The sky is the limit for what your income can be in sales. The harder you work, the more money you will make. As an employee, there are many opportunities to advance within the company.
Pros
Unlimited income potential
Cons
Must be willing to take after hours calls if a problem occurs with your business.
Overall
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 26, 2017
Very enjoyable environment. For the most part, great co-workers and managers. Job is a grind and the turnover rate is very high. You will work long hours and often have to do some work outside of the office. With that being said there is potential for very generous compensation if things go your way.
High Stress, high compensation, no job security
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 26, 2017
you can make tons of money, you can also get hypertension and have mental breakdowns because every day you'll wonder if it's your last day, last paycheck, who's going to stab you in the back next?
Productive place to work
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 25, 2017
Great training program and helpful management. Great job to learn the basics of sales and customer relationships. Learned how to grow my own book of business.
Pros
Happy hours, employee engagement programs
Cons
work on alternate saturdays and on some holidays
Pretty fun place Frat boy enviroment
LAE (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 25, 2017
Can be a great learning experience Resent changes have made it not worth the low pay at all. You can do great here if you get really lucky and work about 70 hours a week for the first year.
Pros
Some freedom
Cons
Tons of overtime with no pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Quality Logistics (TQL). Our community is ready to answer.

2.8