Total Quality Logistics (TQL)

Total Quality Logistics (TQL) Employee Reviews

Work Hard, Play Hard Sales Evironment
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 17, 2015
I would come into work with at least 50 cross referenced leads to call. Before I could do that I had to make sure my current clients shipments were on track for delivery at the appointed time(s). After, I checked on all my shipments on the road I would then start dispatching drivers I had on loads for the current day(sometimes in reverse depending on when the loads were supposed ti pick up or deliver).

I learned proactive communication is a must in this business as well as competitive rates. My co-workers and I got along great which is why I hated leaving this position but the management and balance between my personal life and business took a big hit.

I am ready for a career in which I can prove my worthiness. All I ask is your consideration and an interview. Contact me anytime. Thanks in advance for your consideration.
Pros
Uncapped Commissionbs
Cons
No breaks
Great Company
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLNovember 14, 2015
Total quality logistics is a great company to work for. You will need to put 150% effort into it though, only some survive.
Challenging workplace
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 12, 2015
The work environment is challenging and fast paces. There is a emphasis put on reaping what you sow. If you work hard it can pay off.
Churn and Burn
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 9, 2015
Great company culture, good place for fresh grads to get a taste of inside sales. Management is great, training is great, but the characters you have to work with on a day to day basis will test your patience. New account executives are constantly getting fired for not hitting numbers or making 100+ outbound cold calls a day. Seasoned account executives were always quitting because they were finding better jobs. If you need a job and a steady paycheck for six months i would definitely pursue this company.
Pros
Company happy hours
Cons
Long hours for a very low salary
it is a cool place to work but they want you to work off hours all the tie not a good spot for a family man
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 9, 2015
6 months of a job if you do not turn a customer after that 6 months you do not have a job. I enjoyed working there but it if you are young it is a great place
Great amount of opportunity, made if fun for the employees
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 26, 2015
Overall TQL is a great place to work, they give you good benefits, and a decent base pay, while also trying to make a difficult job, fun. It's a great job for those just beginning their careers in the working world.
High energy intensive phone sales lacking career direction and job stability.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 22, 2015
The Logistics Account Executive is the most numerous job position at Total Quality Logistics, and is at the core of the company. TQL is a third-party logistics provider sales machine. As an Account Executive, it is your task to prospect for clientele (via the phone), build and maintain client relationships, and ensure quality freight transportation around the clock. The company gives you a two-week crash course on the trucking industry, and then attaches you to a stable account as a trainee for a long six months. During this time, the trainee is virtually expected to figure it all out on his own, while constantly having to meet the demands on the sales account he/she is attached too. The demands in this type of industry change at the drop of a hat, and nothing is ever certain. The career direction, or lack of a career direction, for the account executive is to take on ever increasing responsibilities (such as becoming a "Saturday Group Leader") without any increase in pay or authority to show for it. The promotion track here would be straight to management, something that ultimately rests upon survivability in the account executive role, and eventual favorability from existing management. This is not a job I would recommend for someone who is career-oriented, nor for the faint-hearted. With that said, however, if you are willing to endure and happen to land a lucky client, you are all set.
Pros
Work Enviroment
Cons
Over-time without compensation, no sense of job stability, poor training
Fun environment and very fast paced
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Independence, ohOctober 22, 2015
Nice place to work right out of college, it teaches you a lot about business and how to manage your time effectively. Nice base salary with an opportunity to earn an unlimited amount of commission.
Great Atmosphere
Carrier Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHOctober 19, 2015
I set in front of a computer all day, while talking to truck drivers. I team them up with brokers that have loads that fit the requirements that the truckers have (ei certain types of equipment, states to states they like, that sort of thing). Coworkers are friendly and very talkative.The hardest part of the job is a the lunch break schedule, either take an hour lunch and no breaks or get two 15 min breaks no lunch during a 9 hr work day. The drivers that call in are what make the job so great though, you'll get the ones that just wanna talk and you'll get to learn about their lives. Its interesting.
Pros
Month catered food, potlucks
Cons
Break lunchs
Good First job
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 16, 2015
Work under an account then set out on your own. You are expected to produce results pretty quickly and failure to do so will result in termination. Fun people to work with though.
Fun atmosphere with little security
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 14, 2015
I worked at TQHELL for 11 months, in my honest opinion, it was a waste. High daily expectations, difficult to make commission, lots and lots of office politics and "red tape". A hiring mill - I saw an avg of 90% turn over. Poor corporate prospecting policy makes finding business difficult and frustrating. Did not provide parking for a downtown Denver office, where it snows 4-5 months a year.
Pros
cool offices, freedom with schedule, pingpong table?
Cons
commission stucture, hours, work/life balance, office politics
Logistics Management and Sales
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2015
At TQL I made a set number of calls to prospects and clients to review their logistics system and management. There are set quotas to hit each week and compensation is directly tied to the revenue brought in.
Pros
quick advancement opportunities
Cons
long hours and high expectations
Fun
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee) –  CincinnatiOctober 13, 2015
Fun place to work. Always have something going on for the employees to show them appreciation. Great people, always willing to help you.
Pros
people, knowledge
Cons
CEO
Productive, caring place with a ping pong table.
Assist Customers and Carriers (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHOctober 7, 2015
Open for internal advancement, get to speak with lots of different people through out the day, you learn how to multi-task more productively. Management is there when needed, for anything, always willing to help. Co-workers add to the team, assist each other when able. The hardest part of the job would be they is nothing really that hard, at times you get a difficult caller. Most enjoyable part of the job is set schedules, you always know when you work, makes for easier planning, you already know what days you will always have off.
Pros
free meals at least once a week, sometimes more
Cons
n/a
its okay
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 5, 2015
It is a desk job with constant repetition. It gets boring extremely fast. Get used to the word no. The benefits are nice. but the work itself is mind numbingly dull
Pros
fun coworkers
Cons
repetition, unrealistic vision of management
Friendly atmosphere with young colleagues, and high earning potential
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 5, 2015
Great first job. You will learn a lot of valuable skills that will help you down the road in your career. The market is becoming saturated. They will tell you that there is plenty of untapped potential. This is true in a sense, but they will give you flawed statistics to excite you as you first begin sales training. Definitely potential to make great money. All it takes is a strong work ethic and a little bit of luck.
A great place if you have no life!!
Logistics Trainee (Former Employee) –  Charlotte NCSeptember 30, 2015
They give you 35k base but after 6months they expect you to bring your own money in that you only get 25% of! Tough because they want you to do work even when you leave the job. Best thing about the job was no micro managing and beer drops. Itshigh turnover because of the stress they put you through.
Pros
Beer Drops
Cons
Short breaks. No work life balance, They take 75% of your commission, and leave you 25%, haha The best business model EVER!!!, Have your employees work hard to bring in a large amount of money you dont have to pay them the base, salary but they get 75% of the commission, Hahaha I may have to start a business and use the same method, No wonder they became a billion dollar company so fast
Management Issues
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 25, 2015
At TQL they like to promote from within. Only problem is, just because someone is a good sales person, doesn't mean that they will make a good manager. It seemed like if you were a favorite, you could do no wrong, but if you weren't you were held to a different standard.
Pros
ESPN
Cons
Poor management, lots of cliques
Fun place to work
Logistics Account executive (Former Employee) –  CincinnatiSeptember 24, 2015
I had a blast working for this company, it is a fast paced work environment that made me the person and the salesman I am today. I work well on my toes and close with my customers.
Awesome!
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 17, 2015
I love the work atmosphere and they train you really well. The support network inside the Indianapolis office all the way through to every other office (there are 32 of them) is just amazing. Everyone is willing to help you.