Total Quality Logistics

Total Quality Logistics Employer Reviews

Productive and loyal to customers and Carriers
Logistics Support Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
I worked third shift, so we handled all the calls to carriers and customers that the brokers could not do during the day. I learned to handle extremely high call volumes and to handle people who were not always in the best of moods. My co workers were awesome people who did the best that they could with the little amount of people we had on third shift. – more... The hardest part of the job was learning to accept that the people you spoke to would speak to you like you weren't a person, particularly the ways brokers spoke you if you had an issue that only they could handle.The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people when they needed help. – less
Fast pace work environment
Logistics Account Executive Trainee (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 5, 2014
non stop work all day,even after your shift is over. High risk high reward company. Overall the people there are the best.
Summary
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 18, 2014
Typical day making cold calls, covering loads
Learned about freight brokering
Mangment thinks all employees are very uneducated, and that is why they are at TQL. This attitude shows.
Co workers all share in similar hatred for TQL.
Hardest part of the day was to keep calling on loads your mnager knows wont cover
Most enjoyable - great lunch options
Team-oriented position yielding great experience, but allowing for immense personal growth.
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee), Milford, OHMarch 17, 2014
There was a great deal of intensive training in logistics that required long hours and an acute attention to detail. I was responsible for assisting and running a Sales Team Leader's account for the majority of the time. I learned a lot about sales, logistics, and how to thrive in a fast-paced environment. I also enjoyed my coworkers a lot and received – more... a great deal of guidance from them. The "hardest" part about this job were the, at times, long hours. The most enjoyable part was building relationships with customers, carriers, and coworkers. – less
Hard work means big money
Broker (Former Employee), OhioMarch 14, 2014
Pros: income
Cons: long hours
Great place to work. It is hard work, you will sacrifice and isn't as fancy as some outside sales jobs. If you put in the work you can make six figures. The market is tough in most markets at this point. If you can't cut it, you just can't cut it. It is not for everyone. The people who can stick it out can really hit it big. It is a real job with big – more... money potential. Only hardworking people ok with sacrificing apply. – less
TQL
LAE (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 5, 2014
Pros: chance to make it big
Cons: huge amount of turnover
It is an interesting place to work. It wasn't for me, but that doenst mean it can't be the right fit for some personalities.
Not worth the time
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 4, 2014
The job consists of making over 100 cold calls a day with limited customers to prospect, because the market is already so saturated there is no room for upcoming sales reps to create big accounts from scratch.

Most of it is about favoritism, management is shady, and newcomers are left with nothing. Big brokers are given customers when other brokers – more... leave the company. Don't let Recruiters fool you with their shady antics to get you hired. Today, they are hiring almost anyone who accepts an interview, even people without degrees. Back 6-7 years ago, LAE's could easily build a big account with hard work because there were customers out there. Today, LAE's have to hope to get lucky with hard work, or have accounts given to them.

This company has lots of stones in the fire, they will tell you they have around a 50% turnover rate, when in reality, their turnover rate is around 80-90%.

Put it this way, if you were hired into TQL back between 2005-2011, your opportunities for success were high compared to today. Back then, they were more selective on who they hired and would only hire based on referral, and only 5 or 6 people would get in the door at once. Today, they are hiring an average of 20-40 sales reps every two weeks, so their turnover rate is getting higher and higher because there are not nearly enough prospects to go around.

Although, they don't tell you this because they don't want you to know the real facts. Their true strategy is, "Lets throw all these people against the wall and see who sticks."

So just a word of advice...Don't be deceived by the shady recruiting tactics, its just all a game. It's a "I'll scratch your back, you scratch mine type of environment." I could go on an on...

RUN FAR AWAY! SERIOUSLY! – less
Not a fun place
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 3, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: calling truck drivers who always lie to you
high turnover ratio. Easy to see why because they burn out young college grads fairly quickly. Brokers that do manage to make it tend to do very well but it is a very cutthroat business which makes sense because almost all jobs are if you want to move up with management. It was inside sales and I sat at my computer 9 hours a day calling truck drivers...it – more... just wasnt for me. – less
Enter at your own risk
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee), West Chester, OHFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: community involvment, "unlimited earning potential"
Cons: everything else
A glorified call center, you sit in front of two computer screens all day with a head set talking to clients, prospects and carriers. It is an inside sales position with rare trips to visit your customer/prospect, no specified lunch break as you are expected to go get lunch and bring it back to eat at your desk as quick as possible. This job is the – more... definition of "more money, more problems". While this position can be very financially rewarding, it does not come quick, easy or without endless, unwarranted stress. You must generate enough revenue to go on commission, but no commission can be earned while on salary (i.e. if you make a $300 off of one load, you don't see a dime of it unless you're solely off salary and on commission).

Starting off, you train on a successful broker's account while you learn the business, software, company protocols, etc. After 6 months, you enter Sales Training, COLD CALLING on your own to hit a revenue goal over 4-8 week period. If you do not hit the goal, you're fired. If you hit the goal, you stay and continue to grow your book of business. Growing your book of business includes but is not limited to: endless cold calling (prospecting), sourcing companies within the company database and on the internet, communicating with prospects to turn them into customers, negotiating rates with customers/carriers to earn margins, 24/7 availability to your customers.

You're judged/scored mainly by your revenue, customers and how many calls/call time you've made outbound...inbound calls for whatever reason don't seem to be important. One of the most frustrating parts about the position is that "you need to be moving more loads with more customers" but "make sure you're quoting high enough on your margins to make money". In other words, you could quote your customer to make $100-200 and earn their business but be questioned because you "need to make more money than that" OR quote your customer $300+ and not earn their business but be questioned on why you're not moving more loads.

The expectation is that you're supposed to be prospecting and sourcing several hours every night after your 9.5 hour day, get in the office early to start work and stay until 7-8pm most/every night. Making $35,000 working those hours with no life is simply not worth the time, effort and stress when there are plenty of better, more attractive options available. The successful brokers at TQL did hit it big and do make very good money, it is attainable. But many will tell you that this job is not for them, it is in fact the money is for them. – less
Great money, Great Environment, Hard to Stay
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: office atmosphere
Cons: no breaks, management churns and burns it's employees
I was in charge of B2B sales through cold calling and references from current customers. Once we had a shipment from a customer, my job was to find an independent contractor that could ship the product at a profit for our company. I oversaw the entire shipping process for my customers, updating them as their shipment progressed.

It's a really fun office – more... - a lot of people your age, dress code is relaxed, free lunches occasionally. I still have a lot of friends from TQL.

At this company, you're just a number. It wasn't a place that you you could feel that your job was safe. Management was indifferent to it's employees.. would fire 10+ people one Friday a month. I put up great numbers but left after I realized I couldn't count on the job while raising a family. – less
Productive and fast paced enviroment
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: sky was the limit
Cons: being woken up in the early a.m from night dispatch
A typical day at TQL is never the same. Each day was an experience and a challenge. I learned how to manage my time effectively while completing a multitude of task efficiently. Problem solving, prospecting, and the freedom of trusting yourself making good business decision. I also learned how to successfully prepare myself before leaving at the end – more... of day, so the next day I would have a plan. This allowed me to be extremely proactive and communicate daily with B2B customer, carriers, and receivers. It was a rare experience building long-term relationship with co-workers. I would not consider them co-worker. I would consider them as friends the way we got together outside of work we were a team. The hardest part of the job I would say is not knowing what will happen next. Expect the unexpected. The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment, the camaraderie I built with co-workers, and learning from other on the job. I really enjoyed building relationship with the clients and co-workers. – less
Provides the resources to succeed
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: start and manage your own business
Cons: long hours
Generate leads and then qualify them upon cold calling. Close business and manage accounts. Provided credit and collected payments from customers.
Productive and Exciting work place
Account Executive Logistics (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: weight rooms, own manager
Cons: seems to be favorites
TQL is a great place to work. As expected with any job, you are coming in to work and build your brand. Great training and support system with like minded individuals at every turn. Unfortunately, my departure was due to rapid decline of both my mother and grandmother. To whom TQL supported and did everything possible to support me in that process!

TQL – more... encourages my growth and will give recommendation! – less
Work hard, play hard
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 4, 2014
You need to be a very motivated and driven person to work here. You will get exactly what you put into the job and if you are not willing to work hard and sacrifice then this is not the job for you. The reward for your hard work is unlimited earnings along with a fun atmosphere to work in.
Inside sales role with countless cold calls
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee), West Chester, OHJanuary 29, 2014
TQL was a strictly inside sales position centered around landing customers to handle logistics for. Essentially, the job was focused on cold-calling clients for the majority of the workday to build relationships and gain business. Management was questionable, however, I had great coworkers.
Tough Industry - Extremely Demanding
Logistics Account Executive - Freight Broker (Current Employee), Centerville, OHJanuary 16, 2014
A very tough industry that demands a significant amount of time from its employees. Opportunity for high reward, but much effort and luck is required.
Fast paced working environment with tremendous opportunity for growth
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee), Milford, OHJanuary 7, 2014
I was resposnible for building my own book of business. I would research companies all over the country and try to get set up as their shipper/receiver. I would then negotiate rates with trucking companies to attempt to make a profit (what the customer pays versus what I pay the truck). The most difficult part of the job was the work/life balance. You – more... have to be in the office a lot of hours and you are always on call. The most enjoyable part of working for TQL was the atmosphere. Even though the job was stressful and I worked a lot of hours, the company organized many fun team building outings to keep everyone upbeat. – less
Best I have ever worked at
LOGISTICS ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Fun, profitable, everything you'd want. The google/facebook of sales/logistics
You get what you put into this job
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 24, 2013
Long training period with a lot of hours. Great management and team players around you. Your first year you will be working 45-60 hrs per week.
Sales Vulture Mentality
Account Executive (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 20, 2013
Pros: build you own book of business, freedom within managing your own accounts, close to working for yourself
Cons: 4 c's out to get you - other carriers/competition, your customers always want to nickel and dime you, - your coworkers will try to steal your clients, either by adding a duplicate location or running through other brokerage customers, - and other companies always have the chance to underbid and overtake your business., no job security always on edge, can change in a blink of an eye.
This job is not for the light hearted. There will be many obstacles standing in your way. If you can get through the Mental Warfare, the negativity from all around you, and stick to the system you can land new business in this company, and make a lot of money. But there is no room for anyone who ever gets content, even if this means you are not on draw – more... or costing the company any money. Logistics is brutal, you can get under bid or lose a customer in the blink of an eye and there is never any safe point in this job. You can however make a lot of money, but the key would be to move to a satellite office to get on the STL or sales team leader levels because they are garnering all the accounts when people leave the company, and therefore are adding business at all times. The key being able to add business with minimal effort on their own, because you will at some point get burnt out from the day in day out grind. You always have to be adding to your book of business no matter what stage you are at in your career development, just in case something happens and you lose a client. There is no benefit for the company to keep you over firing you, and handing your account to another broker, also it seems like managers have made up their minds on who they would like to see succeed and like in any office setting where there are obvious favorites, this to brings down morale. There are plenty of other companies offering hirer commission percentages to new brokers, that if known previously I would have looked into before signing up at TQL. The entire industry is kind of a sham, not just this company, but if you were looking to get into the broker life be warned that you are looking at phone calls all through the night, because only you completely understand you business and why would you want to lose your next rent check because someone else handled your phone call, be prepared for a lot of negative outlooks and rejection, and be prepared to go to war on your mental and emotional well being. It is a grind but it is definitely a place you will do really well if you can stay money motivated. You can make money here. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Total Quality Logistics

TQL was established in 1997 with a mission to exceed expectations with the best customer service in the industry. After just 11 – Read more

Total Quality Logistics Photos