Total Safety U.S., Inc. Employee Reviews

Oil field work
H2S Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 6, 2017
Early start at work with a safety meeting & the day agenda. Safety comes first no matter what. Communacation is vitale. Our Boss is always ready to be of service for our staff & our customers as well.Our work place is out in field in the oil field industry, so it's a dirty job & dangerours as well. Completeling the job safely no recordables.
Pros
Everyone going home to their family's
Cons
Getting hurt on the job.
Great Place
Safety Representative (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LAMarch 17, 2017
I honestly enjoyed my time at Total Safety. Everyone really work well together. Management is always positive and very efficient with getting things done.
Great pay and easy co workers
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAMarch 13, 2017
I worked at Total Safety for 10 months and I hated leaving. I left to stay home with my little ones. My supervisors were very kind and I enjoyed working with all of the diverse people that worked in office and on the field. My position required getting jobs done under a strict time schedule, but I enjoyed the challenge. I wish I could work there part time instead of full time so I could still enjoy being home my little ones.
Pros
Nice supervisors
Cons
strict deadlines
great training for people with no experience
CSA (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJanuary 23, 2017
hole watch, fire watch, breaks okay depending on supervisor. room for advancement in company. team work is good between most of the workers
Pros
team work
Cons
Worst place to work for!
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMDecember 23, 2016
The worst company to work for!! If you are looking for something that you can move up this is NOT the place. You are stuck where you started no matter how long you've been there and how much you know. Management is terrible, they act like they care and will help you but is never seen or heard from. That is at all levels of management. Raises are never given. Absolutely no job security. Management sends people to "help" but just ends up moving someone out to put that person in a position. They never give the training that is needed to do your job. Very unorganized company.
Pros
Got paid
everything is a lie
gate guard (Current Employee) –  Louisa, KYDecember 16, 2016
Explicitly told to lie about my background in order to be compliant with the job site requirements. Several employees quit because they were never paid & I was not paid correctly. Also was "laid off" even though I was the only employee showing up on time, staying over, etc. There is absolutely NO job security with this company. Even the regular guys are looking for a way out.

Oh, since none of them were local, I had to listen to how my neighbors were all stupid.
Pros
Cons
everything about them
unorganized, poor management
Account Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXDecember 15, 2016
no communication and management is unorganized in directing job rolls.
didn't learn much due to the different directions the job went on a daily bases.
poor management leadership.
co-workers are young and full of office drama. this should be a place of business not talk sessions.
all job rolls were challenging because no one knew what they were doing or how the job needed to be done.
Pros
great pay
Cons
short breaks, office full of drama
Fire Technician
Fire Tech (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 27, 2016
Mid-level management is a joke. Screw up and you get the promotion. Big company means you are dispensable. Raises do not happen unless the right people like you. Told you are getting a raise? It will happen in 6'months maybe. I got a decent wage coming in and added my final license and can't even speak of a raise, asked for training in that side to earn the raise and in 6 months had 0 training. I spent about 30 days sweeping floors when u could have on the job training. Disorganized, will ask you to break rules and state regulations when it comes to your license because the job doesn't have enough to cover your time. Be wary.
Pros
For me I always got paid, a little too valuable to lay off, but others not so much.
Cons
No raises, insurance went down hill, management a joke, HUGE lack of training but want you to do the job anyway.
Word of mouth
Rescue Tech (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 13, 2016
Review is based on word of mouth and previous employees experiences as well as input on the job. Key complaints: 1. Low pay 2. Company Politics 3. Employees are just a number and dispensable.
productive safety job
Firewatch/Holewatch (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXOctober 11, 2016
It was new construction.
the job i was on didn't last long.
Hardest part was staying awake because I was working nights
The best part was knowing I got everyone through the job safely.
very good work place
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 26, 2016
it was a very good work place, always had a lot of commosion. Not that bad, very friendly people. Always on task with all the jobs that are supposed to be taken care of.
Great experience
Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2016
My job was to make sure every one was safe all the time so that any job being performed would not harm any one performing the job or their surrounding co workers. I learned to stay alert. Management was poor but the job was gratifying. Hardest part of the job was dealing with co workers set in their ways when it comes to safety procedures. Every day I was responsible for the safety of myself and others and I took pride in making sure every one made it home safely after twelve to fourteen hour shifts lasting for thirteen days straight with one day off.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Money was not consistent; It changes with oil prices
Very shady
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 28, 2016
This company has to be one of the WORST companies I have ever worked for.
You start busting your rear end for this place, you get no recognition, no advancement, and in the end they lay you off anyway. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE IF YOU ARE GOAL ORIENTED!!! Stay away from this place at all costs
Fun place to work if training was provided before an incident
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXFebruary 27, 2016
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: training was provided after an incident took place. Management looks the other way to accomplishments and doesn't give raises. They let go of their long-term dedicated employees. The company is struggling to keep from going down the tubes.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Management doesn't see employee accomplishments
fun place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LADecember 30, 2015
Total Safety is a great job nice salary and great benefits. I liked working there because I love to help people and that's just what I was doing. Getting people jobs and sending them that was the best feeling ever.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
health care
Terrible management
sales support (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXDecember 14, 2015
I worked for the Cibolo area, they have no consideration for family and will not give a raise, I was there 4 years and no raise. They promise a lot and never go thru with it. They will get rid of an employee in a heart beat.
Pros
some of the employees are nice
Cons
you have to teach yourself everything, no training, management looks out for themselves only.
You want a pay check, you go and get it.
Safety Attendant I (Current Employee) –  Robstown, TXDecember 9, 2015
Very casual job. Meeting appear very serious but the foreman have great people skills and understand you are a human being to. The hardest part of the job is staying up with energy so you have to move around a little bit. It is a great job but i would never call it a career.
Pros
Foreman have good people skills
Cons
Important news is given on short notice (work cancelled)
Constant Battle to improve a Company dead-set on destruction
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDDecember 2, 2015
Phenomenal employees who were a joy to work with. The employees were just as set on making the company better as i was, but a distinct lack in corporate support. In the end all the hard work went unappreciated for the lower management and lower level employees.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
lack of support by corporate to build a better company
Gonzales office has horrible Management
administrative (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LANovember 19, 2015
Management is rude to employees, communication is horrible and if mgmt does not like a person, they will find a way to get rid of them.
Pros
Co-workers are nice, except for mgmt.
Loved the job and the learning experience
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Evanston, WYNovember 18, 2015
My favorite part of the job was the learning. I learned and grew every day. Everything was super interesting and intriguing. My co-workers were absolutely amazing! They never hesitated to teach me anything I could soak up. My manager encouraged me to work with the guys in the field and learn all the ins and outs of the company.
Pros
Great team/excellent learning experience
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Safety U.S., Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9