Total Safety U.S., Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Very shady
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 28, 2016
This company has to be one of the WORST companies I have ever worked for.
You start busting your rear end for this place, you get no recognition, no advancement, and in the end they lay you off anyway. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE IF YOU ARE GOAL ORIENTED!!! Stay away from this place at all costs
You want a pay check, you go and get it.
Safety Attendant I (Current Employee) –  Robstown, TXDecember 9, 2015
Very casual job. Meeting appear very serious but the foreman have great people skills and understand you are a human being to. The hardest part of the job is staying up with energy so you have to move around a little bit. It is a great job but i would never call it a career.
Pros
Foreman have good people skills
Cons
Important news is given on short notice (work cancelled)
Constant Battle to improve a Company dead-set on destruction
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDDecember 2, 2015
Phenomenal employees who were a joy to work with. The employees were just as set on making the company better as i was, but a distinct lack in corporate support. In the end all the hard work went unappreciated for the lower management and lower level employees.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
lack of support by corporate to build a better company
Terrible management
sales support (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXDecember 14, 2015
I worked for the Cibolo area, they have no consideration for family and will not give a raise, I was there 4 years and no raise. They promise a lot and never go thru with it. They will get rid of an employee in a heart beat.
Pros
some of the employees are nice
Cons
you have to teach yourself everything, no training, management looks out for themselves only.
Loved the job and the learning experience
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Evanston, WYNovember 18, 2015
My favorite part of the job was the learning. I learned and grew every day. Everything was super interesting and intriguing. My co-workers were absolutely amazing! They never hesitated to teach me anything I could soak up. My manager encouraged me to work with the guys in the field and learn all the ins and outs of the company.
Pros
Great team/excellent learning experience
Cons
Pay
Offshore Medic/Logistics Specialist
Rig Medic/Logistic Specialist/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 26, 2015
Great company with multiple opportunities for different kinds of work.
Management easy to approach but are overworked and sometimes seem bothered by inquiries.

Work is autonomous and not much supervision in my position thats a plus.

Hardest part is being away from friends and family missing life events. Without overtime beyond 12 hrs it wouldnt be worth it.

Good parts are time off and better pay than same job on land....but its close when coupled with missing life events back home
Pros
Good pay with the OT
Cons
away from family and friends
fun place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LADecember 30, 2015
Total Safety is a great job nice salary and great benefits. I liked working there because I love to help people and that's just what I was doing. Getting people jobs and sending them that was the best feeling ever.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
health care
Gonzales office has horrible Management
administrative (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LANovember 19, 2015
Management is rude to employees, communication is horrible and if mgmt does not like a person, they will find a way to get rid of them.
Pros
Co-workers are nice, except for mgmt.
Great Learning Environment
N/A (Current Employee) –  TXSeptember 15, 2015
I communicate with all of the General Foreman and issue Gas Detection Equipment. I meet regularly with Auditors and IH about my daily activities. I also train employer in Breathing Air, Gas Detection and Bottle Watch.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Low Pay
Productive and Safe work place
Air Technician (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LaAugust 25, 2015
Working at Total Safety is truly a learning experience. They teach you the Safety of all jobs, you get to have experience in the plant field first hand. I love my job here at Total Safety. This is just a learning stage for me and I'm ready to move on to better things now. i have some good/helpful co-workers. We push each other to that limit to complete all jobs at a safely manner. A regular day at work would be Calibrating Meters/ fixing Pelican Lights, Working on Breather Boxes, going out in the field and setting up for up coming jobs on the agenda or it might just be going make an estimated quote for a job. The hardest part of the job is working for not enough money but sometimes you have to do what you have to do and make it work. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I enjoy every thing we work on. I think it's cool things we work on and I love doing it. I learned everything I know about any Refinery at Total Safety. This job gave me so much knowledge of Safety and how it's really important in everyday life.
wonderful
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 27, 2015
long hours but everyone was very nice pay was great and job was easy with sufficient training. pay was awesome. co-workers and higher ups were all very nice.
Pros
Cons
gret pay, easy job, awesome co-workers.
A good place to work at because of some of the people you work with.
Billing Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Broussard, LAFebruary 2, 2015
Attend safety meeting; run report; bill field tickets; assist anyone needing help with a ticket; work on assigned spreadsheet; verify status on electronic invoices; file; and assist at the switchboard. Management was okay; co-workers were okay; it's not easy working in cubicles, someone would be talking aloud or sometimes it would be constant interruption while working; enjoyed billing.
Pros
two short breaks and last day of the month for billing get lunch brought
Cons
no acknowledgment of the hard work you do.