Total Safety Employee Reviews

Radio Group
Tech ll (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2017
Company is a good place to work team I work with is more like a family than coworkers. We work thru issues within our team and help each other out as we are needed.
Great workers/Not a career company
Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXOctober 5, 2017
Welder
-Great workers
-OK pay
-No room for advancement
-Not long term
-Talking about hiring a lot of welders for recent work and up coming projects but the up coming never came.
Pros
Good plant manager (Cibilo TX)
Cons
No steddy work
worked there 15 years
Commercial Fire Protection Technician/Sr. Leader (Current Employee) –  Borger, TXSeptember 25, 2017
worked there 15 years

only missed 18 days throughout my 40 year work history for illness

work 4 10-hour days monday - thursday

skeleton crew, need more help desperately
productive
Holewatch Firewatch (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LASeptember 19, 2017
everything was very face paced. the workers was very nice and respectable. the people over me were very cool. everyone helped each other out. some of the employees were there when someone needed a hand.
Pros
good hours and pay
Cons
short breaks
very happy
saftey attendant (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LASeptember 7, 2017
I strongly advice anyone to try this company its turnaround work but it is great if that's what you are looking for. It was a pleasure to work the turn around through this company. I enjoyed the experienced for many different reason.
Pros
great hours
Cons
work was short as far as the job.
Poor leaders lots of games
Driver (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXSeptember 6, 2017
No Dot compliance or would any managers listen to reason about the right way of Dot transport. BAD PLACE FOR A GOOD DRIVER safety is not a issue not a good company
Pros
home daily
Cons
Pay safety
Great type of work
H2S Technician (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 23, 2017
Great kind of work, not so good management. Great opportunity to learn tons of things in safety. I would recommend working there if you want to get into the safety business.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 22, 2017
Easy going but productive environment. Management was always helpful, encouraging and willing to help you learn and grow. Staff was friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
work hours
Cons
compensation
Outdoor environment doing field audits
Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXAugust 21, 2017
A typical day at work consist of field audits, safety oversight of contract employees, and conducting safety meeting.
I learned how to manage people and work with diverse population. How to incorporate safety in hazardous environment, and assuring the general safety and compliance of all employees.
Management overall can use a little improvement. I think a general good manager gives clear directions and actually stays pretty hands off, but is ready and available to jump in to offer guidance, expertise, and help when needed. I try my best to make that my management style.
The workplace culture is diverse
The hardest part of the job is getting the whole company to comply to a safety program.
The most enjoyable part of the job is changing peoples lives by educating them about their safety, and how to go home back to their family the same way they came in.
Great
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 21, 2017
Very good employer in the safety industry of the oil abs gas field very good company that actually cares about there employees and very good communication with supervisors
Good
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 21, 2017
I have worked for this company for 3 1/2 years and love it. I would recommend employment through this company to anyone. There is room to grow in our field and executive positions, however not so much with corporate positions so it becomes challenging to further your career. They are not big on cross training either. So for that I gave them 3 stars in this category.
Benefits
Cons
No advancement
Industrial Company
CSE Attendant (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 20, 2017
This is a good start up company that will train you to get your foot in the industrial field. They provide manpower on nationwide projects, including, turnarounds, maintenance, and outages.
they are a temp based career job
Lead former assistant (Former Employee) –  Norco, LAAugust 16, 2017
this is a job that you would take only if you was really desperate to find a way into the plant workforce. Total safety lacks structure and have long hours and with low base pay.
lots of work so no time off
H2S Technician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 16, 2017
Loved working there and the people just got to where i never could take any time off,Its was a dangerous job but I enjoyed making sure everyone on location went home safe everday
Total Safety
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, TXAugust 8, 2017
My experience at Total Safety was like any other contract company, you can be the best worker, take pride in your work, but if you are not part of the popular group, you will be harassed. I just did my job.
great company to work with
Safety Tech - Dow Chemical (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAAugust 2, 2017
This was a great company overall. The hours where 7 days a week 12 hours a day. The culture was safety at all times. I really didn't have a hard part to my job it was fairly simple.
Good company to get your feet wet
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Broussard, LAJuly 28, 2017
You will do more than what is normally required for the position you're in. This can be a good or bad thing depending on how you view it. A typical day of work for project managers doesn't end when you clock out. In fact you never clock out. You will work from home once you leave the office and work weekends due to the industry. If you can't handle that then don't waste your time applying
Pros
Co-Workers are great
Cons
Pay
Unorganized
Sprinkler fitter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2017
Terribly unorganized.Took over a month to get my paperwork in order to be hired. Management isnt that great. The hours are alright if they have work available.
I love the workplace culture and the people I work with.
Safety Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chalmette, LAJuly 7, 2017
Even though we work in the refiner, we make the workplace culture as fun as possible. The people I work with are fun. When things are slow we mess with each other to pass the time.
greart place
Installer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 5, 2017
Total safety was a great experience its a great team to work for and awesome people and workers and a awesome environment to work for to they teach you a lot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Safety. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9