TOTAL SAFETY

TOTAL SAFETY Employee Reviews

Great company
Air Technician I (Former Employee), La Porte, TXJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great company
Cons: Temporary job
Total Safety provides excellent training to all of their newly hired employees for the Air Technician I position. A typical day at work consisted of handing out supplies to contract workers. I learned the importance of monitoring workers using supplied air in confined spaces. My project manager was laid back. My co-workers worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was the long working hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was going to work everyday and meeting new challenges.
It is an alright company.
Safety Technician/Driver/ IPSC Manager (Current Employee), Gonzales, LAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Good job
Cons: Lots of responsibillities
I am an implant service manager. My responsibilities include issuing and receiving equipment, servicing, repairing, calibrating and inspecting equipment both in and field services,
Failing Company
Flare Tech (Current Employee), Cibolo, TXJune 26, 2015
Pros: You get paid?
Cons: Poor manaegment, poor sales team, low hours, no room for advancement.
The other techs there are a good group of guys to work with. Our immediate supervisor (Dale) is a real good laid back guy and without him the flare division would not function. The company was called flare ignitors and was a very successful company until it was bought out by total safety. Since the buyout the company was left to rot. Sales teams were not in place for almost a year and when they were finally implemented they did not know a thing about flare systems so they have made ZERO sales. In return, the company has been slowing down more and more. Due to the lack of jobs they have been letting people go left and right instead of fixing the sales problem.
many weeks away from family not a job for a family man
Safety Manager/H2S Tech. (Former Employee), Karnes City, TXJune 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch, good pay
Cons: long time away from family and home
normal days included inspecting equip. and having conversations with co workers on location. making sure safety needs were meet with co workers and all safety guidelines were being followed. the hardest part of the job was environmental elements, the heat or the cold, the rain etc. i enjoyed the brotherhood the relationship i had with the individuals i worked with it was truly a family atmosphere.
Co workers are cool but management is horrid
H2S Technician (Former Employee), mobile alabamaJune 24, 2015
only if your starving. management is horrible would rather cut the peoples throats that make them money than help anybody out
Safety Technician / IPSC Supervisor (Current Employee), Signal Hill, CAJune 17, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: no raises
Great people but hard to move up! Did a lot of travelling ! great money when you travel but, work does slow down! You get laid off and hope for more work to come up
Great place to work!
Air Technician 2/Project supervisor (Current Employee), Clute, TXJune 9, 2015
I've enjoyed my time here and have learned a lot! Always something new each day some days were good some were bad like any other job but at the end of the day you left feeling like you got stuff done.
Very good company to work for.
Supervisor (Current Employee), La Porte, TXMay 28, 2015
Its a strong and reliable company to work for. They Treat you like Family. The work from day to day varies, but you always go home feeling accomplished.
Great company to start your career
Employee (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: percentage of travel
Very challeneging place to work. Work life balance was very difficult due to the nature of the business and its customers.
Loved it loved it
Laborer,Firewatch (Former Employee), Freeport, TXApril 30, 2015
This was one of my favorite jobs love working out doors and in plants I learn new things all the time how to help and look after team meambers and also how I really help by doing things to help my coworkers.
Job is coming to an end.
Paramedic (Current Employee), Houston, TexasApril 21, 2015
Pros: Working events and being in relaxed, stress free work area
Cons: Weather. Rain or too hot or too cold and being out in it.
Nice building to work in. Great Co-workers. Typical day is working security and Houston Fire Dept. on emergency response calls. The hard part of the job is getting a call late or the phone not ringing due to signal problems. The most enjoyable part is working with great people that are willing to help.
Potential to be a great company, has a ways to go.
I&E Technician (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Guaranteed 40 hrs/wk, good coworkers
Cons: Healthcare is poor, last minute late nights and weekends, no communication from management to worker
I have learned a great deal from the Supervisor and other technicians. I enjoy my time with my coworkers, and I really enjoy what I do. The hardest part of my job is the last minute late hours/night shift. I actually like all of the managers quite a bit. I have a good relationship with the District Manager. That being said, there are a few issues with management at Total Safety. Everything is last minute. There is no planning ahead, and there is absolutely no communication from management to worker. Promises have been made from day 1 of my employment with this company, and I am yet to see a single one fulfilled. Nobody follows through with their word. Example: I was vehemently promised a raise by both the Ops Manager and District Manager after being severely taken advantage, and 3 months later it has not yet come to fruition.
Exploring and meeting new people
Safety Attendant (Current Employee), McPherson, KSApril 12, 2015
Total Safety is a great place to work. I recently finished school in instrumentation and is currently looking for employment. I have met many individuals in my field while performing turnarounds. I enjoy traveling and meeting new people.
Productive and busy work place
HSE Representative (Current Employee), Broussard, LAApril 12, 2015
Good people and good environment with strong training involment.
Solid management with clean location and headquaters. Coworks really get behind each other and over all good environment.
Monitoring was great
monitor (Former Employee), Gonzales, LAApril 9, 2015
Outstanding people to work with
Outstanting leadership
Outstanding
Outstding
Outstanding
The work was flexible
my co-workers were a nice group
worst comapany
Fire technician (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXApril 6, 2015
they went off age instead of experince when it came too pay, no pre diem is offered, and i was driving 70 miles one way for 6 days a week at $17 an hour. Never got a compant truck or gas card which i was promised 6 months ago.
Very Organized
Bottle Watch\Air Tech (Current Employee), Gonnzales, LAMarch 9, 2015
Total Safety is a great company to work for. There is room for advancement. You can work your way up really fast with this company.
Productive and efficient work place
Administrative/Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee), Christiansted, VIFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: demand for accuracy due to time constraints in operation
Daily operations include billing, preparing invoices, timekeeping and other administrative assignments. The employees worked well to ensure that the company requirements were met.
Great pay!
HSE Advisor / H2S Specialist (Current Employee), Karnes City, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: not so busy right now.
Don't like management, not a good place to advance for me, I think I'm being discriminated upon, I'm more qualified than current supervisors.
High Turnover
Air Technician (Former Employee), Nederland, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: relationships forged throughout area.
Cons: no uniformity throughout the organization, various sites but not streamlined.
High management group/employee turnover from top to bottom which affected the culture and productivity of the worksite. As a former supervisor there I can attest first hand as to how it impacted our day to day operation. Overall a solid company to work for, enjoyed my time there and was grateful for the opportunity to learn the business.

1 2 3 4 5