Total Safety Employee Reviews

Really nice place to work
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 18, 2017
I got laid off because i needed a TWIC card. I have appllied for one. Just waiting. The hardest part of the job was staying awake. The co workers were nice to work with. The supervisors were easy to talk too. Some of the welders would get mad because i would insist that they worked safe.
Pros
Worked 6/12s
Cons
30 minute lunch for 12 hours shift.
Safety Attendant
SAFETY technician (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 11, 2017
supervising 4-10 worker in a confined space monitoring their behavior making sure each worker has on proper PPE keeping a log of each worker in and out monitoring the air for releases of H2S monitoring the temperature for heat increases reporting any changes to site supervisor
good company to expand your skills in
Safety Attendant (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 2, 2017
Working for a major production company like baker was a good experience because they had opportunities for the employees to move up in their field as long as you took the proper classes and training.
Pros
working on big ranches
Cons
gone for long periods of time
Good place to work for.
Fire Watcher (Former Employee) –  Robstown, TXDecember 17, 2016
This is a good company to work for, however, note that you will be putting in a lot of hours. Typically a 12 work day and you may work over, and you normally will work 6-7 days a week, or work 13 days and 1 day off. This is very stressful on the body and family.
Laid back easy To Deal With
Sr. Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXSeptember 6, 2016
Management will never tell the truth. Get the pay you want up front, they have been on a pay increase freeze, for certain groups, for 7 years. Only way to get money is to put in 2 weeks notice. They had great benefits, but changed them mid year from a PPO to an HMO.
Very Educational and became able to service the Industrial side of things
Customer Service Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nederland, TXJune 17, 2016
Arrive at work 30 minutes early for daily safety meetings

Go to my office and start calling all existing clients to make sure that each account has everything they need, also if additional equipment is needed.

set up new accounts with clients over the phone or in person

wrote all deliveries on the board for the drivers

filing numerically as well as alphabetically all invoices for all jobs recieving payments
Pros
became familiar with the industry
Cons
temporary
Family type atmosphere
Safety Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2016
Great company to work for once you become a fulltime employee. The pay and compensation is decent, especially for people just starting with no experience. Also have a good benefits package.
great job
Air Technician/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LADecember 9, 2016
Great company; assignments are always lengthy, I always love working with this company. Traveling to different states to work and meeting new people...
Productive work environment.
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 4, 2016
Many great coworkers in which to build relationships. Fast paced work environment with an ever changing landscape and customer base.
productive
fire/holewatch (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LADecember 13, 2016
once again you never know what to expect doing laborer plant work. It has lots of cons and pros you just have to get up day by day and make the best of it.
I would not work for Total Safety again.
Safety Tech (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LASeptember 19, 2016
Too bureaucratic Employees are just a number. INSANE paperwork process. Total demands that you be On-Call 24/7 - 365. But they don't pay that way.
Good company
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
Total Safety was a overall good company to work for while employed. Although they were experiencing some financial stresses due to the downward turn of the oil and gas industry. Otherwise okay to work for.

The only part I didn't enjoy was being harassed by coworkers. A few felt like it was okay to speak to you anyway the liked, but when you address the matter you were being rude. The old hags would lie on you to gain favor and it work to their advantage. A particuliar employee who had so much favor would buy school supplies at the expense of the company. but I'm label as the outcast. Too many wanna be managers and had no more authority than I, which was equivalent to zero.

However, I had no complaints except when I had to endure other people ugly spirits.
Pros
Great Pay, very generous benefits and flexible
Cons
Too many snakes
Ok
RE: Payroll Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2016
The HR & Payroll department work very close together. Management was ok. All employees work together as a team. From the moment, you walk into the office, you were working no-stop.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
no breaks
Ok.....
Lead Technician - Electronics & Instrumentation (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LAMarch 24, 2016
Typical Day: Repair customer and rental equipment
Take orders for surrounding plant facilities
Work on client's equipment on-site

Management: Upper management clueless on the needs of their employees

Co-workers: Make the job tolerable and more enjoyable

Hardest part of job: Picking up slack of ill prepared workers ... last minutes deadlines that need to be met.

Most enjoyable: Knowing that you help someone go home to their family in one piece
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Compensation is well below national average.
Fun group of guys to work in the field with
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXApril 27, 2016
Pay was kind of low. Not much Alot of traveling involved. Putting air systems throughout the units in refinieries and chemical plants for confined space entry and bottle watch.
Pros
Good field supervisors to work for.
Cons
Alot of travel for low pay.
Great Pay
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 9, 2016
The facility was great to work at and i got to learn more gaining great experience in the field. It helped me tone up my skills with the career objective i was choosing.
The workplace destination was very disorganized, did not have a desk nor a pernament place to start...I was largely on my own!
HSE SAFETY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 16, 2016
doesn't take care to value newly employed people...One mistake and you're out..There is a serious need to take care of incoming managerial employees and assist them in getting situated!
Cons
transition to a new site lacking..disorganized at the work site
Total Safety /FlexTEC
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Total Safety was going through a transition. Which is tuff on any company.
My typical day was running reports to get any open transactions closed as soon as possible in a 3 days period. We wanted to assure the customers had extra time to review their billing. I learned a better way of effective leadership skills. That Pro-active is not always a better way of being Re-active.
My co-workers was my best mentors. They had a great training plan for new comers. Which helped me transform to the team.
The hardest part of the job was when you could not get the back up information and details in a timely manner to get the billing out in a 3 day period.
Most enjoyable part of the job was, being apart of a billing team that strived to make us look the best we could to our customers.
The company itself is a great workplace
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAMay 11, 2016
This is a great employer, the foremen are really knowledgeable of the job I just don't like the layover waiting for the next job to start.
Good Job
C.O.S.S. Certified HSE Specialist (Current Employee) –  Broussard, LAApril 26, 2016
Overall good company to work for. Great boss no problems working for him. Just no room for advancement. Not a bad job at all.
Pros
Kept me working
Cons
not much place for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Safety. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9