Commercial Service company located in Macon, GA is seeking a degreed accountant or full-charge bookkeeper who meets job requirements of position to perform all accounting functions and assist team members in customer service related areas. Must be honest, detail oriented, reliable, able to work independently and with team, have positive attitude, and excellent interpersonal skills. Must be highly motivated self-starter able to multi-task and possess effective communication skills in dealing with customers, vendors, and team members. This accounting position requires:
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and GAAP compliance
- Cash management, budgeting, and bank reconciliations
- Full responsibility for G/L, A/R, A/P to include billing, monitoring and some collections of delinquent accounts, accruals and general journal entries, monthly / year end close and generation of financial statements and internal reports
- Hourly/salaried payroll preparation / quarterly tax reports
- Sales tax accounting and reporting
- HR duties for employee records/ insurance and benefits
- Preparation of external reports for company investors
Candidate applying for position will have:
- 4 year degree or equivalent
- 6+ years work experience in similar accounting position
- Ability to quickly adapt to company computer system and software / proficient in Excel, Microsoft Office
- Willingness to go the extra mile to perform accounting functions and contribute to the overall productivity of the company.
Competitive Salary and Benefits. Forward resume and telephone/email contact information.