Total Transit

Total Transit Employer Reviews

Earn as much money as you're willing to work for
Delivery Driver/Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: cash daily
Cons: long hours
There is no typical day driving for Total Transit. The work day was only as busy as you are willing to make it. As an independant contractor you are in control of monitoring yourself and staying on task.
janitor custodian
janitor custodian (Current Employee), Mesa AZJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: sufficient break time
Nice work experience maintain a pace and the work gets done exactly what i was looking for in a job details fit me perfectly
If you like teamwork, this is the place to be
Facilitator (Current Employee), GlendaleDecember 19, 2014
Pros: fast paced, creative environment
Cons: work days can be a little long
In every department, there is a culture of transparency and teamwork. There is no typical day in my particular department as things are very fast paced and can and will change at a moments notice. Total Transit actually has several different client bases from the passenger to the driver to the accounts. It is a very interesting dynamic and nobody actually has time to get bored with the job. The management is willing to listen to any and all creative ideas and is willing to reward hard work, dedication and results with not only compensation but job advancement. This is a company that actually will ask the question....."Does this idea or policy fit within our core principles and values?". At the end of the day, I know I work for a group of people that take integrity seriously.
sub-par
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Glendale, AZNovember 25, 2014
Pros: they just bought a new keurig, it's a job, they have pto, nice employees
Cons: see review
They run 365 days a year 24 hours a day, "approved" pto is not guaranteed to be paid out, advancement mainly goes to favorites (even though attendance is not good) or people who just started as an employee. Raises are 1-3% of your hourly rate after a year if they decide to give you one, Account representatives get an extra dollar an hour. You have to pass a test and your supervisor has to sign off on your accounts status. I passed mine and my supervisor chose not to sign off on my paperwork until about 5 months later, I was told I wont be getting back pay. If you need to use the restroom it comes off of your break time (10 minutes), if you are sick make sure it's not on a monday or a friday because 1 of those days counts as 2. You are required to be at work 5 mins early or you're late Any email you try to write that goes up the pay ladder gets forwarded back to you supervisor so even though nothing was done (other than forwarding your email back to the problem) or said so make sure you NEVER say anything about you supervisor that would make them mad enough to fire you. A lot of the employees are great people but management needs work.
Productive management, great teamwork
Supervisor Lead (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJuly 19, 2014
Pros: great chance for monthly bonus
Cons: open 24/7 every day of the year holidays manditory.
Great team to be on, actively seeking ways to improve the work environment and productivity.
fun job,
Discount Cab Driver (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 11, 2014
great place to work. great people to work with. long hours driving for 12 hours can be tiring.
Call Center
Account Service Rep (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJune 21, 2014
Strict Rules
Professional Environment
Respectful Co-workers
Good Communication with customers and employees!
great work environment
Call Taker (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2014
Pros: great work enviorment
Cons: short breaks
what a typical day at work?
answering 250+ calls
what I Learned?
learned how to process taxi service request
what was the hardest part of the job?
dealing with non-understanding people.
most enjoyable?
great work environment
Being a part of many aspects of management
Dispatch Supervisor, Dispatcher (Current Employee), Glendale, AZDecember 8, 2013
Pros: high paced work enviornment.
Cons: manager
I had enjoyed partaking in the planning and organizing of new projects and accounts. Implementing new processes and procedures to become efficient and productive as a whole.
Fun and rewarding
Taxi Driver (Current Employee), AZNovember 6, 2013
Pros: i can choose my own hours and days of work
Cons: the long drive to and from which is not income producing.
My typical day has me jumping in a cute little green Prius before sun rise, driving 45 miles into the Phoenix area and picking up passengers, and processing vouchers for medical transport all day until sundown when I drive the 45 miles home.

Voucher patrons can range from disabled going to the doctor to the blind going out for any appointment or fun. I load wheelchairs, walkers, or groceries, whatever my passenger needs of me. I escort them physically if needed right in for their appointment. I sign out some from behavioral hospital type quarters where I will be required to sign them back in.

This can and often is very rewarding.
Great Experience... So Far!
Business Development (Current Employee), Glendale, AZSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: company culture, innovation, spirit, perks
Cons: 6 figure incomes in short supply
I am going on my first 90 days and so far I have really enjoyed the ride. Great training, smart and accomplished leaders, and very strong cultural values. This is not the type of company that will make you rich, but if you are driven to succeed, entrepreneurial and enjoy being stretched/challenged you can make a modest income and have fun. Don't let some of the other reviews scare you. No company is perfect but there is a lot of very positive aspects of working here at Total Transit.
Unprofessional
Express Transit Bus Operator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2013
Pros: none.
Cons: benefits were not the best.
No union, the company is ran in a professional manner. They don't train new hires properly. Not a good place to start a long lasting professional career.
Summary: I am a highly motivated Sales and Marketing Manager with a proven track record of success in complete lifecycle recruiting, management and sa
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Glendale, AZFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: management, flexibility, sales
Cons: structure did not allow implementation of new strategy
Managed and implemented new strategy over the Business Development Division. Which included ten direct reports, eight indirect reports, recruiting, training, orientation, contracting, marketing, facilitation, retention, contractor client, account client and area passenger departments. Manage all sales and marketing activities.
Independent Contractor
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Glendale, AZJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: flexibility, independence
Cons: call fees charged per passenger even if passenger is a "no-show"
Working as an independent contractor (cab driver) for Discount Cab (Total Transit) is not a bad deal if you need a job that offers a high level of flexibility. To succeed you need to have a high level of motivation, people skills, and tenacity. You won't light up the world right away, but with persistence and patience you will learn the ropes and make a decent living.
Independent Contractor
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Glendale, AZDecember 17, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule, cars maintained, incentive programs
Cons: charged for calls, unfriendly service associates
A typical day started at 5 am and ended at about 6 pm. Drivers are basically spread throughout Phoenix, Mesa, and Tuscon. Calls are generated from various sources, medical service providers, individuals needing transportation, and businesses. We participated in driver training classes, as well as online training. The most difficult part of the job was is other drivers on the road, the most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet.
great place if u like being micromanaged
CSR (Current Employee), Glendale AZOctober 10, 2012
Pros: cabs r awesome, co-workers
Cons: low pay, too many in charge with no training or csr skills, dishonesty, filthy call center environment
I am currently employed here and really hate it! The shifts suck, the pay is only $11.00 an hour, no raise after ur 90 days. The call center has 4 managers on the floor watching u, criticizing u. They listen to ur calls but without warning. Talk time is 1:05 but they expect u to talk to angryy argumentive customers, medical transportation set up and customer complaints and take care of lost and found all for just a little over minimum wage..unreal! Ur cheated out of bonuses. They put workers who r their favorites on best shifts. The core principles should read as follows: to demeam and degrade our workers by treating them as less than human, disrespecting them, holding them prisoner while working them do death so that we can make 45 million again this year...taking this job was a total mistake..seeking something where being honest and truthful is core..
FAST PACED ENVIRONMENT, FREINDLY ENVIRONMENT
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2012
INBOUND CALL CENTER FOR DISCOUNT CAB, MULTI-TASKING & FAST PACED ENVIRONMENT, FRIENDLY STAFF & MANAGEMENT.
Ok employer
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 7, 2012
Pros: freedom to work own schedule
Cons: no heathcare benefit. call volumes and pay is very seasonal.
Typical work day is 12 to 14 hours of driving. In summer call volume decrease extremely and so does pay (but lease rates are the same). Remember the primary function of Total Transit is leasing vehicles.
I would rate my current job a 3
Customer Service Rep/ Account Service Rep (Current Employee), Glendale, AZMay 25, 2012
Work from 10p-630a
I've learned alot about account services.
Management is not so great. They dont keep there promises of helping you if you decide to go to school.
My coworkers are really aweswone.
They hardest part about my job is i having a supervisor that is on my you back the whole time and telling you how do do you job.
my enjoyable part of my job are you co workers they get me through my day and we try to have fun while working.
A challenging and fun place to work
Account Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Glendale,AZFebruary 3, 2012
Pros: all new equipment including the gps systems
Cons: no cons
Recognition is highly visible by the employers. You can move up very quickly.

About Total Transit

We uniquely integrate private transportation, public transportation and transportation management. Because of our integrated operational – Read more