Total Transit Employee Reviews

productive workplace. they let me have fun at what I know how to do
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 3, 2017
great company. Very busy place. I had a lot of fun practicing my specialties at fabrication with 0 tolerance and great quality of workmanship. I had a great supervisor and management was responsive and we were well informed. The hardest part of my jobs is going home everyday because I get into what I am doing and regret having to quit everyday.
The most enjoyable part of my jobs is that they actually paid me to do what I enjoyed.
Pros
awards for good attendance.
nice work area
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  43rd and camelackJuly 21, 2017
neat work area, good experience, however management had favorites and pay raises were super slim. the job has its good and bad days, customers that are super nice, customers that are super rude but in the end its a job and you do what you have to do.
Pros
coworkers were nice
Cons
little to no raises
Company moving in negative direction. Not pro driver
Taxi Driver (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 15, 2017
It has been a great retirement job. Recent changes to operations have cut income and lead to frustrations. The company recently moved away from traditional meters and dispatching and replaced with a poorly designed app.
Pros
Independent Contractor work when you want
Cons
Poor management
OK place to work. Management cares
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 11, 2017
Most days were pretty busy. It kinda depended on how busy the phones were, I did get to learn about forecasting calls, how to run a call center and how to use workforce management software.
Pros
The people were good to work with and management wanted you to have a good work/life balance
Cons
Mostly the distance of my commute
I enjoyed working with the cabbies
Leasing Agent / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 23, 2017
It was a fun place to work & I enjoyed working with the cab drivers, and the other cashiers. I learned a lot from being there regarding balancing bank deposits
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Night shift started conflicting with home life
Don't do it!
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 20, 2017
If you have a chance to work here, don't. No communication. No respect. Not enough pay for the hours you work and the amount of things you have to put up with. 12.50/hour to drive humans around. Not worth it.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 7, 2017
I enjoy working here the agents and management is great. We have a lot of company events throughout the year, and a overall positive work environment. Since being here I have become more fluent with Excel. Helping the drivers throughout the day with different task is what I love to do.
A position where you were independent
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 14, 2017
It was a job that paid over minimum wage and there were medical benefits;although,the deductible was high. Those were the only cons that I can think of. Favoritism came into play often at the workplace. If you were new, you had no outside life because you were working whenever needed and that could be starting anywhere from 4a.m.- 2p.m.
Pros
A little more than minimum wage, Some medical benefits
Cons
Favoritism, no break on some routes
Low pay wont keep good drivers around
Transit Driver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 6, 2017
Low compensation for having passengers safety in your hands. Policy changes that make no sense and put routes behind schedule, making angry passengers that miss their connections, creates 1000 times extra unnecessary wear and tear on the vehicles, some that are already on their last leg, and increases the probability of accidents by making you stop and block traffic on congested roads for no reason. Unable to keep good drivers, creating constant schedule changes. Not asked if you can or want to work over time, you're told to.
I'm making $2.00 per hour more driving a shuttle bus for a student apartment complex with 2 stops, no stress, and weekends off.
You'd think pay for transit would be higher. No union.
Pros
Great, hard working drivers, every Sunday off, mostly friendly passengers.
Cons
Low pay, no union, changing schedules, bad new policies.
If it wasn't for poor management at every level and horribly low pay this would be a good place to work.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 3, 2017
Can't recommend this place to work. NO one at any level likes working there. Write ups for following old policy but no one ever told you things changed. Unclear instruction. Poor training. It's too bad because this could be a good place to work.
Pros
The driving part of this job is enjoyable, Fellow drivers are supportive, Most of the passengers are friendly and a pleasure to serve, Routes are simple
Cons
Management is disorganized, instruction is vague, they issue write -ups like they're free, no raise based on the write ups, management never held accountable for mistakes, very unhappy employees, huge turnover, at a safety meeting the manager told us, please use the resignation forms at the door, Very low pay.

Want to know more about Total Transit?

Ask a question
no idea
Lead Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 12, 2017
i worked there years ago, and it has completely changed, with different locations shutting down, and the rise of rideshare apps like lyft and uber, so i have no idea what its like anymore
Pros
diversity
Cons
lots of complaining from drivers
Good
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 26, 2017
Good company with friendly and helpful managers and fellow employees. Compensation needs to be a little higher for the customer safety focus as a shuttle driver.
Good
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 19, 2016
- Everyday at work was great because I always loved seeing the clients faces.
-I learned manger material and how to properly run an office.
- Management was fantastic
- Always got along with my co-workers and always helped when they needed .
- The hardest part was laying off co-wokers
- Always meeting new people and friends , taking on challenge with with a pride.
Good work enviroment
Yard Attendant (Former Employee) –  4600 W. Camelback Rd. Phoenix AZ.June 18, 2016
Typical day at work: inspecting cabs for cleanness and insuring no damage on the vehicle

What I learned: mechanical work on vehicles.

management: communication between personal could have been better

your co-works: worked well with co-workers

the hardest part of the job: insuring that all drives follow company policy:

most enjoyable part of the job: cabs were clean, drivers attire was presentable for the public. Also drivers had a good attitude.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
no communication between departments
Busy workplace
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 16, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of taking phone calls from medicaid patients to arrange rides to a medical appointment. I learned how to be more patient. Management did their jobs well, and were patient and cooperative when employees cam to them with questions. My co-workers were my favorite part. When there were no calls to take, I enjoyed chatting with them. There wasn't really anything I considered hard to do.
Great for those who seek constant challenges
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 11, 2016
Some of the people are great to work with. This company should work on their communication and training which is lacking and are what I feel two of the most important things a company should ensure they are excelling in.
Pros
Mostly good coworkers
Cons
Bad communication and training
Productive and fun place to work and grow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 5, 2016
Total transit, was a calm and easy place to work. I started with no experience what so ever as administrative assistance, my co- worker trained me and guide me to learn how to work all systems and basic admin duties, they where very surprised how fast I learned the systems and picked up being a admin for have no experiences. The hardest part of my job was learn each system, but I managed to learn them all. I have learn how to use Microsoft, excel, and outlook, I also learn how to work with customers by calling each individual for a maintance check on there vehicle or answer any questions or concerns they may had. the most enjoyable part of my job was how unity and how well we all work as a team to exceed the companies goals.
Pros
Greet team work
Cons
Raises
not a fun place to work for
Cab Driver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 3, 2015
it's a place where people cames and goes due to the luck of support from managers and stuff, working for this place it's so bad that every time they find someone guilty but they never find solutions to their problems.
they will take your money and that's all about them all they want it's your money.
Pros
as a caba driver i meet very nice people
Cons
no support from any body from company
Its ok
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 18, 2015
Provided costumer service. I learned how to compare prices and how grocery stores compete. Management was unstable, we went thru 4 different store managers in less than a year. Co workers maily keep to themselves.
Pros
Lunch Breaks
Cons
Health care
Good fleet of Priuses
Independent Contractor/ Cab Driver (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 15, 2015
The company itself is good, but being a cab driver in a new state was rough. Many fare runners and declined credit cards. No more to be said

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Transit. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8