TOTAL TRANSPORTATION Employee Reviews

truck driver
{Truck Driver} I travel state to state delivering (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSAugust 3, 2017
I didn't like the job I worked there for 2 years 1 year otr 1 year local never enough miles they show a lot of favoritism towards seniority with all the wrecks on their record
ok
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 26, 2017
starter co for students that are just coming out school and does not have to much experience due to the fact of the runs at the rate they pay you cant make any money.
Fast pace
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11207June 23, 2017
Have to have tough skin to work at Total Transportation. Very fast paced. However work environment gets very tense and all the work falls on the assistant. Have to be able to multitask. Unprofessional, and need to be a little cleaner.
Pros
close to home.
Cons
You have to ask for permission to go out for lunch. Manager is very rude.
Great place to work for
Former Truck driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAApril 28, 2017
This company is honstly a good company. Its all about what you make out of it though. My checks use to be 800 to 1200 after taxes and insurance almost every week. And on a bad week 500 to 700 paycheck. But if u look at it this way if you get two good weeks in a row and one bad one after that you still could wind up with 3400 in three weeks.. P.S. Daniel CORKERN best dispatcher there in my opinion. There some local/dedicated runs you just have to tell your dispatch. ALL TRUCKS ARE AUTOMATIC
Pros
Paycheck, friendly management, you control your schedule once you prove your self in about 6 months
Cons
Only a few peterbilts
Horrible Company
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  MississippiApril 15, 2017
They will let you sit for days on end.They show alot of favortism and the pay is very low.They are losing accounts everywhere.Not good at planning and no use of going over your dispatcher head then they will turn on you
Pros
Equipment ok
Cons
Favortism, low pay, no paid vacation
No pay for miles driven
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Richland, MSMarch 27, 2017
They continuously forget to pay you for miles driven and can sometime take up 4 or more week b4 they finally put it in the system, yet they give you an attitude when u call to remind them about it
Cons
The company sucks
Great place
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSMarch 22, 2017
I enjoy working for this company. I love the fact that they know who we are. When I call I'm actually talking to a real person. It's a good company to work for.
Being a truck driver comes with a variety of responsabilities
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Loudon, TNJanuary 1, 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job was the people and the other employees for this company. The hardest part of this job was the nights driving and then trying to sleep during the day.I learned how to operate an automatice truck transmission and didn't really like it compared with the standard transmission.
Pros
Events that the company held for the drivers
Cons
Had to take a manditory 30 minute break fro DOT.
odd work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles Area, CANovember 24, 2016
Smaller company with large presence in transportation industry. Overall not a bad work environment. Too dependent and information is not provided to workforce.
Pros
overall friendly staff
Cons
short staffed.
I enjoyed my job
Dispatcher, Fleet Manager, Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSNovember 14, 2016
I was with company for 16 years found CEO to be fair in the treatment of his employees, I enjoyed working for him. In management there is room for growth.
please look at this coumpany closley
drier (Current Employee) –  MississippiNovember 11, 2016
this company is a first class joke the whole set is a joke please if you are just starting out please don't go there there whole company is a joke....
Pros
there are none
Cons
them
Total transportation
School Bus Aide (Current Employee) –  Bridesburg, PANovember 7, 2016
Total transportation is great workplace . you can bring your kids with you , you get a long break in between drop off in the morning and pick up in the afternoon. They also provide shuttle service , so you make it to work no matter your situation.
Pros
Able to bring your children with you to work. Long brake time too take your kids to school, or make any appointments on time, shuttle services .
Cons
Hands on time looking after, mental health and disabled children . monday-friday.
Great Place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MINovember 2, 2016
Great company to work for. The opportunities are endless. Really enjoyed working with my co-workers, different customers, and the consumers. I would recommend this company to others.
Good company
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 30, 2016
I've been an employee here for 4 months and I love it. The terminal manager Ben is very easy to talk to has an open door policy. Although I have all of my endorsements and am able to find other jobs, I don't think I want to leave this company because of the great people that work there.
Pros
Great fleet manager. Gets me home on time and very easy to communicate with
Cons
Hard to get them to answer the phones, however communicating through driver tech and email always seems to work
See First Post
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Elmira, NYOctober 26, 2016
Same As The First Post I Listed Under Accountaning
Very Work Friendly
Flexable Hours Flexable Pay
Management Gives Every Opportunity to Excel
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 13, 2016
Fast paced, never a dull moment.
To be very organized
Great management
Co-workers change with most projects
Traffic
Enjoyment of a job well done
OK place to work for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 27, 2016
It was an alright company to work for. The money was OK. the insurance IS good! However i have to be home every other weekend to get my son due to it being court ordered and they failed on that a few times.
Pros
Good miles, Nice people
Cons
Dont keep their word. sometimes i sat for long periods of time.
Productive, fun work place, pleasant atmosphere
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 23, 2016
It's a early start in the morning, waking around 4:30 am, my co-workers and I hold a short conversation. I transport special needs children to and from school, it is my pleasure to this job. I would love to someday become a school bus trainer / instructor. I enjoy the children smiling and inner- acting with one another. In the 16 years that I have worked as a school bus driver I haven't had a complaint.
Pros
IT is a rewarding job
Cons
none come to my mind
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 5, 2016
This company cares about their staff they always have your back, everyone that's works for or with this company stays it always stay in connection with this company some way! Everyone is very nice to you and your family plus they have free bar b q twice a year for the staff and staff family just to say thank you for your hard work.
Pros
Free transportation ti and from work
Cons
Close to public tranp.
Growth advancement
Receptionist/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 1, 2015
This was a excellent company great pay, excellent Monday through Friday. Paid holidays, I was very happy. Company closed down due to economy issues.
Pros
free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TOTAL TRANSPORTATION. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval