TOTAL TRANSPORTATION Employee Reviews

odd work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles Area, CANovember 24, 2016
Smaller company with large presence in transportation industry. Overall not a bad work environment. Too dependent and information is not provided to workforce.
Pros
overall friendly staff
Cons
short staffed.
please look at this coumpany closley
drier (Current Employee) –  MississippiNovember 11, 2016
this company is a first class joke the whole set is a joke please if you are just starting out please don't go there there whole company is a joke....
Pros
there are none
Cons
them
Total transportation
School Bus Aide (Current Employee) –  Bridesburg, PANovember 7, 2016
Total transportation is great workplace . you can bring your kids with you , you get a long break in between drop off in the morning and pick up in the afternoon. They also provide shuttle service , so you make it to work no matter your situation.
Pros
Able to bring your children with you to work. Long brake time too take your kids to school, or make any appointments on time, shuttle services .
Cons
Hands on time looking after, mental health and disabled children . monday-friday.
Great Place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MINovember 2, 2016
Great company to work for. The opportunities are endless. Really enjoyed working with my co-workers, different customers, and the consumers. I would recommend this company to others.
Good company
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 30, 2016
I've been an employee here for 4 months and I love it. The terminal manager Ben is very easy to talk to has an open door policy. Although I have all of my endorsements and am able to find other jobs, I don't think I want to leave this company because of the great people that work there.
Pros
Great fleet manager. Gets me home on time and very easy to communicate with
Cons
Hard to get them to answer the phones, however communicating through driver tech and email always seems to work
See First Post
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Elmira, NYOctober 26, 2016
Same As The First Post I Listed Under Accountaning
Very Work Friendly
Flexable Hours Flexable Pay
Management Gives Every Opportunity to Excel
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 13, 2016
Fast paced, never a dull moment.
To be very organized
Great management
Co-workers change with most projects
Traffic
Enjoyment of a job well done
OK place to work for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 27, 2016
It was an alright company to work for. The money was OK. the insurance IS good! However i have to be home every other weekend to get my son due to it being court ordered and they failed on that a few times.
Pros
Good miles, Nice people
Cons
Dont keep their word. sometimes i sat for long periods of time.
Productive, fun work place, pleasant atmosphere
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 23, 2016
It's a early start in the morning, waking around 4:30 am, my co-workers and I hold a short conversation. I transport special needs children to and from school, it is my pleasure to this job. I would love to someday become a school bus trainer / instructor. I enjoy the children smiling and inner- acting with one another. In the 16 years that I have worked as a school bus driver I haven't had a complaint.
Pros
IT is a rewarding job
Cons
none come to my mind
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 5, 2016
This company cares about their staff they always have your back, everyone that's works for or with this company stays it always stay in connection with this company some way! Everyone is very nice to you and your family plus they have free bar b q twice a year for the staff and staff family just to say thank you for your hard work.
Pros
Free transportation ti and from work
Cons
Close to public tranp.
Growth advancement
Receptionist/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 1, 2015
This was a excellent company great pay, excellent Monday through Friday. Paid holidays, I was very happy. Company closed down due to economy issues.
Pros
free lunch
A job in an area with very high unemployment
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSOctober 24, 2015
This company was quite unremarkable in every way. They had decent equipment but a rather poor maintenence policy. There were times when I was encouraged to "bend" the hos rules.
Nice job, can be really demanding and stressful at times
Human Resource Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn New YorkOctober 20, 2015
It is a good starter job, as a college student it gave me a lot of experience from working in Human resource dept. i gain skills to use and expand on in different work environment and to share my knowledge in other companies.
Great Job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSSeptember 23, 2015
The job overall was a great experience. I really enjoyed my job I learned to always take my time when performing my task. The management is alright I feel it can be better. The hardest part of my job was being away from home long but I knew that I had to so that was my motive. The most enjoyable part of my job was I got to meet new people see the world and much more.
Pros
Get to travel the world
Cons
Being away from my children
enjoy able work enviorment
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAAugust 26, 2015
It's all that on any given weekday.. great group of people to work with
and the days fly bye and then its pay day...no politic-n just busting & breaking wood while growing and developing are working skills.
Pros
management on point
Productive position
Accounts Payable & Receivables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 24, 2015
I enjoyed working with accounts payable and with my co-workers. I'm always open to new ideas and always willing to learn different tasks.
It was a very good company
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSMarch 21, 2015
Very enjoyable to work for and with people at Total. The dispatch and the other drivers were all friendly and knowledgeable. The only thing I did not like was the lack of home time
Pros
very understanding management
Cons
lack of hometime
Na
Driver (Former Employee) –  Loud an tennFebruary 7, 2015
Job was ok,equipment kept up. My biggest gripe was a lot of errors in payroll which of course was always in the companies favor. Right now I'm still waiting for my w2 to get here. I mean it's been 1week. Shouldn't take this long but when you ask about it they talk to you like your an idiot
Pros
Na
Cons
Payroll errors
Total Transportaion
Logistics Agent (Current Employee) –  Richland, MSJanuary 28, 2015
Total Trans. is a big corporation to which I love dealing with all the pressures of making budgets and numbers, to which are set forth before me.
Stay away
driver (Current Employee) –  Loudon tnJanuary 7, 2015
Recruiters will lie to get you there. Then your stuck for 90 days or pay back all the money for orientation ( hotel food trans training). Sit for 15 hours between loads. Home weekly no they lied. Stay away trucks have temp regulated idl . Below 28 and above 75 degrees to keep truck running.