TOTAL TRANSPORTATION Employee Reviews

It was a very good company
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee), Richland, MSMarch 21, 2015
Pros: very understanding management
Cons: lack of hometime
Very enjoyable to work for and with people at Total. The dispatch and the other drivers were all friendly and knowledgeable. The only thing I did not like was the lack of home time
Na
Driver (Former Employee), Loud an tennFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: payroll errors
Job was ok,equipment kept up. My biggest gripe was a lot of errors in payroll which of course was always in the companies favor. Right now I'm still waiting for my w2 to get here. I mean it's been 1week. Shouldn't take this long but when you ask about it they talk to you like your an idiot
Total Transportaion
Logistics Agent (Current Employee), Richland, MSJanuary 28, 2015
Total Trans. is a big corporation to which I love dealing with all the pressures of making budgets and numbers, to which are set forth before me.
STAY AWAY
driver (Current Employee), Loudon tnJanuary 7, 2015
Recruiters will lie to get you there. Then your stuck for 90 days or pay back all the money for orientation ( hotel food trans training). Sit for 15 hours between loads. Home weekly no they lied. Stay away trucks have temp regulated idl . Below 28 and above 75 degrees to keep truck running.
Loved my Boss
Driver (Former Employee), Roseville, MIDecember 22, 2014
Pros: treated everyone like family
Cons: business closed
This was by far the best place to work ever!
Going to work was a joy. If you ever wanted a great boss the owner of this company was it!
Customer Service/Receptionist (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CANovember 6, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: no cons
Hardworking Customer Service professional with a diverse background in transportation, retail sales, and mortgage. Diligent and dependable with excellent skills in time management and a team player attitude. Proficient in learning new tasks quickly and exceeding expectations. Outgoing and friendly, with service driven nature. Key competencies include:

> Excellent communicator
> Ability to develop and implement new policies and procedures.
> Accountable and reliable
> Quick learner
> Managerial skills with the capability to schedule personnel and maintain inventory.
> Decision making and problem solving.
great place to work for
Dispatcher Assistant (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAMay 30, 2014
Pros: co workers
awesome place, great staff, friendly, fast paced. small advancement. but over all great company
Don't find many jobs that you would have a good boss.
Recruiter/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Richland, MSDecember 30, 2013
Pros: working as a team.
Cons: worked holidays sometimes.
Recruiting drivers was the highlight of the job. Talking to them over the phone and hearing about their experiences and places they've been almost made me want to drive. Mine you, these are experience drives with years under their belts before they come to Total. So, the only thing needed with them is a background check and work history verification. There were only 3 of us in the department so the atmosphere was cooperative. Everyone worked together to get the job done. We all worked with and on computers constantly in order to get the information we needed to hire the driver. The atmosphere was the best part of the job to me. My boss was one of a kind and couldn't ask for anyone better.
Good place to work!
Data Entry Supervisor (Former Employee), Broussard, LANovember 6, 2013
This was one of my first REAL jobs! I learned a lot from this company and moved up to supervisor while employed. Good place to work!
Good company to start with.
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee), Ellenwood, GAAugust 22, 2013
Pros: good shop
Job was easy. New equipment. I was home every night on eplay. Good co-workers. The job could be very fast paced due to slip seating.
Very fun place to work
Log Technician (Former Employee), Broussard, LAAugust 8, 2013
A typical day at work was checking driver logs. The co-workers were great to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
excetional owner , realy cared about employees
tm (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: greatest boss award
Cons: hard job if your lazzy
very fun place to work, demanding schedule but never the less rewarding accomplishments on a daily or even hourly at times fast paced and fun
Driver
Over the road Driver (Former Employee), Richland, MSJuly 9, 2013
Semi Driver 99% no touch freight. was a pleasant place everyone knew most everyone by name and not a number
Total Transportation was a great place to learn new things!
Accounts Payable/Receivable & Collections (Former Employee), Broussard, LAJune 18, 2013
At Total Transportation I was able to work my way up to the accounting department. I was a file clerk then promoted to collections within 2 months. After two months in collections I was asked to move over to payroll where I input the information for payroll checks and printed the checks up. I also did receivables and fuel tax at that point as well. It was a great opportunity to learn new things!
Gained experience
Data Processor (Former Employee), Broussard, LAMarch 9, 2013
I was employed with this company and have worked in many departments mastering them all.
nice caring people
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee), Richland, MSFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: not being home
drive sleep eat drive like the people but need to be with family
Excellent company, good management, that which made it a pleasureable driving experience
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Richland, MSApril 26, 2012
The hardest thing was being ask to resign. I learned to make better decisions. I learned more so than ever to cross my t,s and dot my i,s.
Over all a great experience.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), chesapeake vaApril 18, 2012
Pros: everything
I really love working, really learned alot for my managers. It was fun to go into work everyday and just having fun.
I loved this job I had to leave because of personal reasons.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Richland, MSApril 16, 2012
Pros: have your own personal card for fuel.
Cons: don't answer there phones.
I learned a lot from this company I was trainied by one of there drivers that have been driving for over 23 years.