Total Wine & More

Total Wine & More Employee Reviews

Decent Pay, but no work life balance.
WineSupervisor,MerchandisingSupervisor,WineAssoc. (Current Employee), Plano, TXJune 4, 2015
Pros: Free Wine Once a Month
Cons: Long Shifts with short breaks, Communication
A typical work day involves going around 7am, and work to ensure the inventory available gets to the shelves. What I learned is how to manage time better than when I started two years ago. I have also learned how to train others, coach people on a position that they are being hired for. The management does a good at managing the store, but it is difficult when trying to communicate with them. Co-workers all get along with one another rather easily. The hardest part about the job is communicating my availability to management. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to come in early to get a lot of work done, so the customers can be helped better.
To much politics
FETM (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJune 1, 2015
Enjoyable place at times to work, alot of lack of communication better management.
lack of hiring people when needed, brought stress on to employees.
Worse CompanyTo Work For
Cashier (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2015
Pros: Free wine or discounts
Cons: crazy work schedule unprofessional management low pay
If you like working all the time and all kinds of different hours then this is the job for you.

Management does not provide any sort of leadership, make you feel welcome, and one love to speak about her own employee's.

Overall, Do not work for this company
Fun people, poor management.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 13, 2015
Everybody is fun to talk to, but it can get very busy. When it does, managers are not able to fully control the situation.

Scheduling is also another big problem. You don't really get a say in when you will be able to work. They will often call you in at the very last moment.
Better off finding something else
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Norwalk,C.T.April 22, 2015
Cons: No work life balance, bad management
The job overall isn't bad, and the company culture seems fun. But management (at least at this location in Norwalk,CT), is not great what so ever. Especially the main store manager, Michelle. They aren't hands on enough, and don't provide the proper amount of training that employees need. We lack knowledge, due to the fact that our store lacks the proper leadership.
TW
Wine Associate (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Fine wine and beers
Cons: None
I have personal interest in helping people, and also for enjoying fine wines and craft beers!

Awesome store, and very tight knit group!
fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXApril 9, 2015
Pros: 30% off of wine and products!
Cons: none on my end!
working at total wine & more is awesome! being able to interact with customers and help them out with their purchases is great!
Good on paper. Bad reality
specialist (Current Employee), Potomac MdMarch 21, 2015
Pros: good pay. wine education.
Cons: management. hr policies, work life balance
This company is great if you are one of the owners but for middle management and down at the corporate office it's a different story. The work is not hard, but is never ending. Rules are made up as they go with most decisions made in secret. The office culture is toxic and breeds mistrust on all levels.

If you can deal with a less than ideal work culture the pay is great.
Great life Experence
Sells Associate/ Merchandiser (Former Employee), North Miami Beach, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great atomsphere
Cons: very few breaks
Working for Duffy's Sports Grill was a really good experience learned a lot about the restaurant business. A typical day was spent delivering food to costumers tables and providing them with excellent customer service .
Growing retailer, strong business model, weak culture
Not going to disclose (Current Employee), Potomac, MDFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: wine for life. there are some top notch mid & upper managers. if you play the game right, advancements can be fast and lucrative.
Cons: entrenched and inflexible managers. 45 hour work week translates to 50. occasionally toxic
The growth rate here is tremendous. Revenue has continued to grow at over 10% annually as well as expanding brick and mortar locations. Ive learned a lot of fantastic skills here, when I started I could only do excel data entry and color cells. I was also naive and susceptible to bullying and manipulation. Now I can write VBA script, have a growing understanding of Access and fundamentals of SQL, and can do some high end analytical work. I also learned how not to get bowled over by strong armed managers, how to handle manipulative coworkers and generally play office politics in an occasionally toxic environment with not just your rep but career on the line.
Unhappy work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 1, 2015
Lack of respect for others from upper management. Upper management will not acknowledge store managers opinions or advice.
Productive and fun place to learn all about wine.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Alexandria, VADecember 10, 2014
Pros: long hours, good pay, friendly environment
Cons: 30min lunch, work before the sun rises
This is one of my favorite jobs to work at. Highest paying job i ever had and they were not stingy with store hours to work. I loved being a merchandiser. The environment was excellent and refreshing. It was quite a friendly place to work at, I felt free to move about with out any strict rulings. I was allowed to work at my own pace, which people love to do.
Bad
Cashier (Former Employee), Union, NJDecember 8, 2014
This place started out not being a bad place to work but then it went downhill. It became awful.
Slave
Sales Support Merchandiser (Former Employee), Ocoee, FLDecember 1, 2014
I was a buzz bee work.
I don't like the job.
I love the people that i worked with.
I got to learn customer skills.
I had to do a lot of cleaning
I learned different types of wine.
Management was okay, not the best.
I was only part time but good job if your in college or looking for extra money.
Great experience with Total Wine..
Front End Team Member (Former Employee), Richmond, VANovember 17, 2014
Pros: management, co-workers, they give you hours (if you want it)
Cons: some customers, lifting heavy wine boxes
I Loved it here... The hours where quite long sometimes (worked full time). Coworkers made it a delight working here and SOME customers as well. You get to try samples of wine and beer! And take some free bottles of wine home sometimes, which was awesome! They got wine/beer classes! It was an enjoyable experience...
Decent Place to work
Front End Team Member/ Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Roseville, CAOctober 25, 2014
As a cashier days can be very boring during the slow seasons, however, management is nice and attempt to make days interesting with contests. Trying to get a promotion is easy to be a supervisor moving into management is difficult. Working full-time and going to school full-time can be difficult keeping the work hours up there to pay bills but they are willing to work with you the best they can.
Productive and Fun Interesting Workplace
Front End Team Member (Cashier) (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 18, 2014
Management very good, they work side by side with employee's and do the dame work as everyone else. Understanding the job that is asked of their associates and giving appreciation for hard work put into the company.
Dedicated team with a good General Manager
Store Asst Manager (Current Employee), Roseville CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: selling alcohol, i see too many young adults drinking heavily.
I work 10 hour days and when on shift I have total store responsibilities.
I have a really good group of co-workers and a dedicated management team to work with.
Hardest part of the job is balancing doing the things I need to do with meeting the employees needs and customer needs. My work is often set aside so i can manage other needs.
I most enjoy working with the front line staff. they are dedicated and hard working. I know they appreciate having a manager that takes personal intrest in assisting them with project management and ideas.
Good palce to work fun times
Merchandising (Former Employee), Plantation, FLAugust 1, 2014
Pros: close to my house
Cons: only 5 days a week
i work on shipping man frame pc boards for internet security did all shipping and recieving long days was a great place to work first one there last one to leave people were all nice to me and love to help them with any thing they needed
Not a team enviroment
Human Resources/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Plantation, FLJuly 29, 2014
Worked very long hours and days standing approx. 10 hours per day. Upper management is not consistent or fair, too much favoritism.

1 2 3