TotalMed Staffing Employee Reviews

Internship
Human Resource Intern (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 4, 2017
My position at TotalMed was an internship. They were wonderful in aiding me to get my feet wet in multiple different areas from recruiting, on-boarding, data entry, health and wellness program, new hire orientation, as well as accounting experience-in fact I was offered a position within the accounting team at TotalMed.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Internship
Fun and energetic place to work!
Health Information Management Sales Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 1, 2017
Great place to work!

The leadership team is absolutely incredible and will do everything in their power to give you the tools you need to succeed in this position.
Pros
Leadership support
Cons
Staffing, but the culture of the company makes up for it!
High Turnover and horrible management structure
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 3, 2017
Had 12 candidates hired and only received commission on 5 candidates hired. Management lacks knowledge and experience in this setting and unprofessional.
Pros
Only coworkers
Cons
Management structure
It was alright
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 9, 2016
I worked as a travel CNA in WI, mainly going to nursing homes and CBRF's. Some of the places are dumps, disgusting and barely staffed for CNA's. Mainly the Atrium of Post Acute Care nursing homes and Brookdale, they were buying out places that were bad already. That only hit rock bottom when these bigger companies from out of state took over.

You make only $12 an hour and $13 on the weekends, which is not enough. They do not reimburse for mileage or gas, which is not smart cause than who wants to travel far?

Recruiters are okay, some will work with you others wont.

The only part I liked about it was knowing that some places I didn't have to come back if I didn't want to.
Pros
Traveling to different facilities.
Cons
Low pay, no mileage reimbursement, facilities are so under staffed.
Worst staffing company ever
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousJune 13, 2016
If you are a Healthcare worker and are considering signing with them, look elsewhere. Everyone there seems to be very young, inexperienced and unprofessional. They call when you are sleeping (hello!) and then become very irritated when you do not immediately phone them back. When do they think 3rd shifters sleep?

They seem to have little knowledge of how hospitals function, why healthcare workers go into traveling and even worse...the answer to basic questions like payroll, benefits, etc.

The pay is the worse I have encountered in my years of traveling. You will make much more and work with professional people who know what's up if you go elsewhere. Cannot recommend.
Cons
Many
ok
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 11, 2015
Nice company nice company and place to work with would inform other people about company nice employer great pay and comapany
Pros
ok
Cons
ok
Terrible experience, unprofessional attitudes by Management
Hospital CNA (Former Employee) –  Neenah, wiApril 15, 2015
I worked as CNA for TotalMed in Appleton WI. They have young grads in management positions with no experience in employee relations. They have way to many payroll issues and if you need your paycheck to be correct and on time, do not work for this company. My recruiter would often email my private email and ask me to verify 2 or 3 times my timecard or I would not get paid and would ask me to do this while I was on the hospital floor working and trying to take care of patients. Then when I couldnt respond to them immediately, they would say too bad you are not getting paid! I didnt realize they would have me do my own payroll! They messed up my Paycheck (23 hours paid instead of the 50 hrs I had worked) over Thanksgiving and when I called to have it corrected they just said "nothing we can do until next week as payroll closed early because of the Holiday." This was their error and payroll left Monday afternoon and did not return until the following week. Then I found an email stating how employees needed to be respectful of payroll staff so they could spend time with their families. Never mind that they took off Tues and Wed before Thanksgiving even though payroll wasnt done and left me hanging for over a week. Not cool. They are all about themselves and could not care less about the ones actually doing the work. Save yourself a huge headache and stay away ! My guess is the CEO has no idea how they are handling the company!

Pros
easy hire
Cons
Company has too many payroll issues (slow pay and late pay)
Rapidly growing company, excellent culture
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 9, 2014
We provide exceptional medical staffing to our clients.
Our culture is positive, energetic and we work hard to exceed our goals and grow our business.
Working as a Travel Division Recruiter
Senior Travel Division Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 3, 2013
My position as a Travel Division Recruiter has been a great experience and is truly a position where you get out of it what you put in. I learned that working as a recruiter you are required to work long hours and bust your tale to get ahead. However, the you feel sense of accomplishment when you finally get to see the results. TotalMed Staffing has a great team mentality and the management is some of the best around. However, the hardest part of the job is the sacrifice of personal life and your ability to raise a family.
Pros
Trips and off site meetings/events
Cons
Horrible place to work. Environment is cold and abrasive!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  WisconsinSeptember 20, 2013
I could not agree more with the previous post from the medical recruiter. That describes this place in a nutshell. There is extremely high turnover due to the "fraternity" atmosphere and the push for obnoxious, overly abrasive "loud" behavior. This company is anti work-life balance and not a family friendly company. I was shocked when I first started working there at the high turnover rate but after a month or so I completely understood. This place is not a good working environment. If you're considering applying or accepting a job here, I'd save yourself some time and look elsewhere!
Pros
N/a
Cons
Cold, unfriendly work enviornment. Overly loud, abrasive management
Stressful work environment
CNA (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WISeptember 14, 2013
I was working 16 hour shifts, I was sent to facilities that had bad management, the employees were rude and did not help. Than I began to start loosing my hours and I went from having 80 hour weeks to barely 30 hour weeks. It was unstable and stressful
Pros
I got to help the elderly
Cons
Bad environment
Horrible place to work; Entry-level grad mill!
Medical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 13, 2013
High turnover due to poor management, at least in the Milwaukee, WI office. Fraternity atmosphere because the owners and managers actually DID belong to the same fraternity in college. The Branch Manager had a very abrasive personality, was a hot-head, and had no idea how to be a manager. You are forced to learn/use his fake and overly outgoing approach to "build rapport" with potential candidates when in many cases it scares away candidates from him/us trying to "sell them" on a new position.
Enjoy working in multiple areas.
Staff RN (PACU) (Current Employee) –  dallas texasNovember 8, 2012
Often busy and not knowing what to expect each day or location
Pros
gifts certificates
Cons
bonuses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TotalMed Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8