TOTSY (http://TOTSY.com) is the leading private sales site for parents with young kids, bringing families the best products at the best prices. Launched in 2009, the company has become a favorite of moms around the country, growing 1000% just within the past year. This Silicon Alley based company, founded during the thick of the recession, is one of the fastest growing digital media startups in the US and was ranked #36 on the Forbes’ list of America’s Most Promising Companies (features 100 privately held up-and-comers with compelling business models, strong management teams, notable customers, strategic partners and precious investment capital).
Why all the love?
A thoughtful focus on the needs of babies, kids and families has driven this private sales site to become one of the top places for a discerning mom to get a heck of a deal, or several. We’re talking discounts up to 90% off, on necessities and niceties alike!
Totsy’s team (many of them parents too) has shown an uncanny knack for turning up the kind of bargains one happily snaps up. You have to keep the kids outfitted with clothes, shoes, accessories, gear, toys and furniture anyway, so it’s a joy to find items you love for way less than you’d expect to pay.
But the deep discounts don’t end at the kids’ menu. There’s always something irresistible for mom too, whether it’s flattering maternity wear—or clothes, shoes and accessories fit for the CEO of any family. Health and beauty products pop up and even the much-needed travel and spa vouchers.
And if you’re the socially responsible type who’s into the idea of the planet remaining functional, you’ll be happy to know that Totsy plants a tree for every member’s first purchase. As of December 2011, that means a forest of over 100,000 trees. …Bravo!
Our Company Culture:
Founded by a serial Web entrepreneur and a veteran of French luxury house LVMH, Totsy is a cutting-edge eCommerce company that thrives on innovation and collaboration. We believe in transparency and communication, and want our team members to continually learn new skills and remain challenged in their jobs. At Totsy you’ll be able to see the direct effect of your work. You’ll be able to own your duties. And forget the red tape or managerial back-and-forth: We spend our energy here on being the best at what we do, period.
What's in it for you:
Work for one of the fastest growing digital media startups in the U.S.
Work in a casual yet fast paced environment
Competitive financial package
We are nice
The Company is implementing an Enterprise Data Warehouse and this position is responsible for:
- Designing and coding for the new processes
- Writing technical design documents that follow architectural standards.
- Understanding the existing data challenges facing the user and/or business today and proposing efficient and intelligent ways to address
- Implement solutions considering accuracy, efficiency and re-usability
- Design the technical solution, effort estimates and costs for internal and external systems integration needs based on business requirements
- Support QA/UAT support and defect resolution
- Consistent and frequent updates to immediate supervisor about the project status and any concerns as well as updates to business users and senior management team
- At least 3 years of working with ETL tools (Informatica, Datastage, Clover, Kettle)
- Prefer at least 1 year with Kettle
- Shell scripting
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows platforms
- Data Profiling or Data Cleansing
- Familiarity with any BI tools and dashboards
- RDBMS concepts, SQL tuning, and data modeling
- Solid understanding of Data Warehouse concepts Skilled at creating requirements, analysis, design and deployment documents based on Agile development methods
- Knowledge of the retail industry preferred
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills