TOUCHING HEARTS AT HOME Employee Reviews

Fun, lots of variety
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 20, 2017
Well each day the workplace was different depending on which client you were working with. The hardest part about the job was dealing with the more senile clients that were getting closer to going into nursing homes / assisted living. They were generally upset because they were losing their memory, motor skills, whatever it might have been.
Pros
Job flexibility
Cons
early mornings
#1 Best job I ever had
Caregiver/ Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2017
I work with this company for almost two years and its the best job i ever had. The management is super friendly and very understanding and the work can be challenging at times but most of the time flows smoothly.
Pros
Amazing Management, great Pay, lovely clients, slow paced, not stressfull
Cons
no benefits, no healthcare
Fast paced
Homemaker/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 11, 2017
Each appointment was only a handful of hours long, but each employee would have several assignments to do a day. The pay was excellent for the requirements on the employees.
Pros
Exposure to all types of people
Cons
Getting too attatched to a terminally ill patient
Slow paced
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 11, 2017
Once I started it took a good week to find a client to work with once they found someone for me it was only part time. I had to take on another job to make ends meet with my family
I love my job at touching hearts !
Companion Aide (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 10, 2017
Great place to work for . They truely care about their employees. They do everything they can to assist you in being a success at your job . The staff is extremely pleasant if you need help in any way.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 9, 2017
The work is with seniors in their home. You support them in staying independent by providing companion care. No hands-on care. The work is very rewarding as the focus is on building and developing relationships with clients, so you can have the same client on the same schedule for a long time. The clients and families I have worked with have been great.
I enjoy working with this company and have been working there for two years.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Milan, TNFebruary 2, 2017
They are an excellent company to work for I am very impressed with the entire staff and would recommend them to anyone. My only problem is needing more clients. I would give me stars.
Pros
They are pleasant to work for no drama and they show genuine concern for their staff and clients
Cons
I wish they had more clients on night shifts or 12 24 and up to 48 hours a week.
Wouldnt Recommend
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJanuary 9, 2017
It was okay, you don't get paid for mileage
management isn't very understanding
you might have a client one week and then no client the next
hours are inconsistent
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Milan, TNDecember 27, 2016
The owners really care about their employees and clients. They set up regular schedules and always personally introduce you to the client. I like that it is non-medical so I can really focus on providing companionship with my clients. They never ask me to do anything illegal or immoral and make sure the clients know the boundaries as well. Best place I've worked.
Pros
Low turnover rate, flexibility, owners really care
Cons
as needed work
lack of hours is frustrating
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 21, 2016
management are very friendly. love working with the patients,but fighting for hours is really frustrating. too many employees in one area causing everyone to clammer for jobs and hours. ost hours by patients going to the hospital unannounced
Amazing heart filled company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Drexel Hill, PADecember 6, 2016
Work was my life when I was employed with Touching Hearts at Home. All I wanted to do was be with my clients and make sure they were well taken care of and had all they needed. As long as they were happy I was happy. The hardest part of the job was when I had to leave at the end of the day and when I had to move. My manager and the owner were great, they were always available if I needed them by phone, and would come directly to the clients home that I was working with if there was an immediate issue! Amazing company!
Good
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 24, 2016
The pay is very low, however it is a job that fits around daily life so you can have other jobs, go to school etc... the plus side is that you get to help people live independently, and give back to others.
very pleasent
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 17, 2016
The management is great at working with their employees and helping set the right care taker up with the right client. mostly part time hours. If your in school is it a great fit
Pros
Great management
Cons
mostly part time hours
Wouldnt recommend
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNOctober 24, 2016
Pay is very very very low. Management has zero knowledge of anything in the medical field, which is very important when dealing with elderly individuals. There is no room for advancement.
Pros
Cons
Pay, no advancement
Flexible
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WISeptember 21, 2016
I truly enjoyed working with the elderly people. I would go into their homes and assist them with whatever their needs were. I developed many relationships with them that have changed me forever.
The hardest part of my job was having to leave an assignment. This happened from time to time with needs that would change or because of the client passing away. (The nature of the business)
The reason I left is this company offered no benefits such as vacation pay, sick pay, insurance or retirement package. In the 3 years I worked for this company there were no pay increases to compensate for cost of living expenses.
Pros
I loved working with the elderly
Cons
Little pay and no benefits
Great Place
Professional Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 31, 2016
Easy going workplace, very caring owners who are willing to work shifts when needed. Flexible works hours, pay is alright.
Elderly/Companion Care
Companion/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 12, 2016
I assisted the elderly in their day to day tasks, while ensuring they felt their lives were purposeful. I was compassionate, patient and sensitive to all their needs and concerns. Each day I made sure their words were heard.

The most enjoyable part was knowing I was a part of their smile. If one struggled in their day, I was able to find the positive in their lives and help lift their spirit.

The most difficult is needing to move on as their needs change and need different care. You form an incredible bond with them.
Good management
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  McMurray, PANovember 27, 2015
Not enough work hours, only part time and no health benefits. I learned more about elderly problems and their medical attention needed and how hard it is on family members.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Health Benefits
Th@h
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Sugarland, TXOctober 14, 2015
My experience with Touching Hearts at Home was overall a good experience. They are very caring for their clients and ensure that all needs are met!
Great place to work at.
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  McMurray, PASeptember 24, 2015
The clients I had were like my secondary grandparents. It can be really demanding and sad when a client passes away. But the rewards and life skills you learn is something I wouldn't trade in the world.
You don't get to work with other co-workers, and you work solely by yourself which can be a plus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TOUCHING HEARTS AT HOME. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5