TOUCHING HEARTS AT HOME Employee Reviews in United States

Good management
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  McMurray, PANovember 27, 2015
Not enough work hours, only part time and no health benefits. I learned more about elderly problems and their medical attention needed and how hard it is on family members.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Health Benefits
Companion
Companion (Former Employee) –  Northfield,New JerseyMarch 14, 2015
The best company I have ever worked for,just lost a client but I can work in this company again and again. The compensation is low but they make u feel important and appreciated
I joined the company after working for over ten years as a teacher,and because of the experience I had with them, I am changing my career to care giving.
Pros
professional managers, never felt like i had a boss coz the managers are just soo nice
Cons
when u loose ur client, it hurts as if u have lost a family
Fun Environment
CAREGIVER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2015
No room for growth here unless one educates themselves and moves further. You take care of the elderly or anyone else that might need the company's services. Its tedious but rewarding..low pay no room for growth.
Pros
Rewarding Environment
Cons
Low Pay, No Benefits
Elderly/Companion Care
Companion/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 12, 2016
I assisted the elderly in their day to day tasks, while ensuring they felt their lives were purposeful. I was compassionate, patient and sensitive to all their needs and concerns. Each day I made sure their words were heard.

The most enjoyable part was knowing I was a part of their smile. If one struggled in their day, I was able to find the positive in their lives and help lift their spirit.

The most difficult is needing to move on as their needs change and need different care. You form an incredible bond with them.
Great Place
Professional Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 31, 2016
Easy going workplace, very caring owners who are willing to work shifts when needed. Flexible works hours, pay is alright.
A good place to help the community
In Home Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 15, 2012
People should do more than just pass through life or experience and succumb to an illness. People should be able to make informed decisions about their health care, maintain their health and wellness, and live and die with dignity. Giving in home care allowed me to do that but because the job was technically "non-medical" I was very limited, given my years in healthcare prior to this position.
Pros
i helped people
Cons
no benefits and minimal compensation, no opportunities for growth or advancement
Very enjoyable management but pay could be a little greater.
Personal Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 28, 2013
This was a great company to work for. All of the ladies working in the office are super nice and extremely accommodating to the employee's needs. The only things about this company that aren't great are the compensation and hour fluctuation.
Pros
nice management, decent hours, accomidating
Cons
low pay, no room for advancement, clients pass away :(
inadequate training and poor pay
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 19, 2015
I love that they cater to the aging population. Training was not adequate neither were the hours. They originally gave me a schedule with a few hours which I was okay with, but when it actually came time to work, they gave me two hours a week. Who can live on that? It only paid for gas in my vehicle.
They do all the training in their office instead of actually training in the clients home. They expected way too much work to be done in two hours.
Pros
nice employers
Cons
not enough hours and poor pay
Great place to work at.
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  McMurray, PASeptember 24, 2015
The clients I had were like my secondary grandparents. It can be really demanding and sad when a client passes away. But the rewards and life skills you learn is something I wouldn't trade in the world.
You don't get to work with other co-workers, and you work solely by yourself which can be a plus.
Th@h
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Sugarland, TXOctober 14, 2015
My experience with Touching Hearts at Home was overall a good experience. They are very caring for their clients and ensure that all needs are met!
Great Values
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 28, 2013
I would drive to the client's house and complete mulitlpe number of tasks that included: ADL's, showers, admitting medication, help with food intake, cooking, cleaning,and running errands. I learned that being patient will get you very far. I worked independently with each client. The hardest part of the job is the lack of technology Touching Hearts at Home had. I often saw problems with the check they mailed me. I was so touched by each client I worked with. I loved seeing each person I worked with. I loved being active in each of my client's life. The time spent working with all the people I did truly touched my heart.
Enjoyable
Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNJune 1, 2014
Great management, you don't see your coworkers much because you are primarily alone with a client in their home. Assisting with cooking, cleaning, appointments, shopping, and companionship. Great job to have if you need flexibility.
Good company if you do what they want
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 15, 2014
If your personal life interferes at all with your job, they are not happy. you have to go to every job they ask you to do or they will not be nice to you. Emergency happens in everyday life. Kids get sick, you get sick but they are not flexiable with you.
Pros
most of the clients are lovely people
Cons
no organization
Love this job
Light housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNJanuary 20, 2015
• Sitting with elderly people, companionship, feeding, bathing and cooking.
• Light housekeeping
• Staying for 24 hour shifts
Pros
love working with the patients
Cons
when they would die
like working with clients
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 28, 2012
do not get enough hours. you get different clients always. do not get paid that much. always seems like you are on call
Pros
love the work
Cons
hate the hours because i only get 12 hrs a week
Great place to start for health care
Home Health Aide, PCA (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJuly 2, 2014
I would drive to the clients houses and stay for scheduled amount of time. During my visit I would do things that they might need help with such as cooking, cleaning, driving, ect.
Pros
independent work
Cons
varied schedule
A different exprience
Elder Companion (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 12, 2012
The organization seems to have the clients best interest in mind and the work is independant, but there is not a lot of contact between employee and employer. It is nice to be able to go right to work from home and not have to deal with alot of extra in betweens.
Help others Health
Client Care/Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 28, 2014
An amazing job and great place to work...loved it. Always work with you in every aspect of your family life
Great way to meet new people
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2014
The staff is great. Many friendly faces to work with. And to get to help those who need you the most. Our elderly.
good concept,poor pay
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 7, 2014
not alot of team work, mostly independent , not a lot of diversity

2.5