Touchpoints is a custom applications development and systems integration consulting company with offices in Danville, and Roseville CA.
We are looking for big data architects for a long term engagement with our firm in Santa Clara, CA. We are building the next generation Big Data analytical platform integrating multiple large-scale data sources in collaboration with our client. We are looking for consultants who want to contribute to cutting-edge implementation on the next generation of big data technologies.
If interested please respond with the following:
Resume in word.doc format, desired pay rate, and contact information.
Required Skill set:
- 10+ years of experience working with various software platforms including working as an architect and experience working on Big Data Platforms is a must.
- Seven plus years overall experience with design, development and maintenance of enterprise-level data / database systems is a must.
- Experience required handling very large data repositories and technologies
- Hands on Experience in any of the following technologies
o Experience with Hadoop (Apache/Cloudera) and/or other MapReduce Platforms
o 6+ months of experience with Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Flume and/or Mahout.
o Experience in architecting NO-SQL and competent SQL skills
o Working with Machine Learning, and other analytical programs is a plus.
o Any Netezza or GreenPlum experience is a big plus.
- Consultants should have at least one or two projects delivered on above technology stacks in the last six months.
- Consulting experience on above technologies for evaluating technology, providing roadmap and/or recommendations to the Customers is plus
- Experience in application migration /re-architecture/re-design for capacity planning, performance and scalability.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and analytical skills